PDA

View Full Version : Get to the HUMP!!

cheewgumm
11-15-2023, 09:29 AM
We have a contender!!

Lord McBuckethead
11-15-2023, 10:30 AM
Yep. Got to keep rotating in guys and start to look for cuts to the basket for kick outs and open threes.

R2Dawg
11-15-2023, 10:38 AM
We have a contender!!

Bulldog basketball appears to be back. I'm giddy, been a long time.

Matt3467
11-15-2023, 11:04 AM
Bulldog basketball appears to be back. I'm giddy, been a long time.

I'll holdout until January. We may have the weakest OOC schedule in the conference.

Goldendawg
11-15-2023, 11:08 AM
Friend carried son and I last night. Very deep team especially at guard, which rotation will have to be cut back at SEC time. Taylor looked much better and Moore gave a spark on his return. Hubbard and Fort are the real deal. Jimmy Bell is carrying the team with a 14/14 double double last night. He and Tulo will be hard to handle in a one two punch with no drop off. Concerned about DJ. He is want he is. Gives us D and rebounds but virtually nothing on O to date. Still likes to dribble too much and take last second shots as the clock runs out which he seems to always miss. We have too many other players that may get his minutes if he can't finally find his shot. They were about 4 for twenty on 3's in 1st half, went more inside 2nd. Matthews is the man. Would love to see him at TE.

R2Dawg
11-15-2023, 01:24 PM
I'll holdout until January. We may have the weakest OOC schedule in the conference.

Well I did say appears. I know have to wait and see but I can already see a lot of things I'm talking about being back. I never said we gonna win 28 games but we have the ingredients to compete for a championship - SEC, regional, etc. We ain't had that in a long time - Stans days.

We are talented
We have depth
We play hard
We don't play selfish
We can shoot it
We hit boards hard
We have good coaching
I see no team cancers at this point

That is what I mean by appears to be back.

Could some of above change, sure but most of it probably not.

Far as OOC, we already beat an NCAAT team from last year by double digits. Solid win. We also play many other power 5 and good teams in OOC.

Maroonthirteen
11-15-2023, 02:11 PM
They are selling a mini packet now. Upper deck. But 7 games for $96

I picked up a pair for the UA, UT and UK games alone.

parabrave
11-15-2023, 04:58 PM
Well I did say appears. I know have to wait and see but I can already see a lot of things I'm talking about being back. I never said we gonna win 28 games but we have the ingredients to compete for a championship - SEC, regional, etc. We ain't had that in a long time - Stans days.

We are talented
We have depth
We play hard
We don't play selfish
We can shoot it
We hit boards hard
We have good coaching
I see no team cancers at this point

That is what I mean by appears to be back.

Could some of above change, sure but most of it probably not.

Far as OOC, we already beat an NCAAT team from last year by double digits. Solid win. We also play many other power 5 and good teams in OOC.

2 Main things/ 1. We now have depth and more importantly we have more than one shooter. DJ just needs to learn how to drive to the basket and make then foul him and pass the ball.

Bothrops
11-15-2023, 07:09 PM
We are a basketball school again, and hopefully still a baseball school.

Joebob
11-15-2023, 07:42 PM
I've only gotten to watch part of one game, and some highlight clips of a few others, but you can definitely tell that Hubbard is going to be a star. He already looks confident and poised. I'm really excited about this team. As some have pointed out, we need to keep our expectations under control until conference play starts, but after an adjustment period, I think they'll be just fine. Jans finally has some shooters, and all the kids play hard. That's a recipe for success.

cheewgumm
11-15-2023, 08:22 PM
Packed rowdy Hump is one of my better college experiences. It?s is WILD!

Gotta get that back for this team.

Jan?s deserves it and their play should be backed by a packed house.

They need to have a 1996 night. Bring those guys back to set the tone.

It is TIME!

Goldendawg
11-15-2023, 08:31 PM
Update to Hump really looks good, inside & out (Glad it was only $34 mil for what was done). It no longer looks so dark, especially in the upper seats. A little concerned about the court. Did anyone else notice how many players were sliding on the surface, especially when trying to put on the brakes? Happened numerous times last night.