PDA

View Full Version : Mens BB game

parabrave
11-14-2023, 07:41 PM
Up 10=4 early. Fort Hot and DJ putting up bricks from the 3.

parabrave
11-14-2023, 07:43 PM
Hubbard gets going 2-2 from the arc. 14-6.

DEDawg
11-14-2023, 07:52 PM
Damn why in the world is this game not on SEC network?

parabrave
11-14-2023, 08:13 PM
Dam DJ just pass the ball for now on.

EdwardDrayton
11-14-2023, 08:20 PM

Third season and we're still waiting.

CaptainObvious
11-14-2023, 08:21 PM

I see no reason for Jeffries to play at all. He must be getting rewarded for coming back for a graduate year. He thinks he is a guard and cannot shoot and commits turnovers and fouls. He gets a few highlight reel rebounds, but I suspect Jones would get those with Jeffries minutes.

parabrave
11-14-2023, 08:26 PM
I see no reason for Jeffries to play at all. He must be getting rewarded for coming back for a graduate year. He thinks he is a guard and cannot shoot and commits turnovers and fouls. He gets a few highlight reel rebounds, but I suspect Jones would get those with Jeffries minutes.

It's his D and Rebounding/ But with the play of the new guys he might be coming off the bench when T gets back. I'll give it to Jans he can evaluate talent.

RocketDawg
11-14-2023, 08:28 PM
Damn why in the world is this game not on SEC network?

Because they want us to pay $10/month for ESPN+ I suppose. I tried to get the game a few minutes ago ESPN+ seems to be what it is.

EdwardDrayton
11-14-2023, 08:38 PM
4-19 from 3. 21%

Deja vu.

EdwardDrayton
11-14-2023, 08:46 PM
Cam Mathews. Not the most talented but will give you all he's got every night. Forever Dawg.

R2Dawg
11-14-2023, 08:47 PM
Hubbard is gonna be a star.

Matthews is just one tough hard nosed dude. We gonna miss him.

EdwardDrayton
11-14-2023, 09:04 PM
Teams better load up at the training table to try and push Jimmy Bell off the block.

Coach34
11-14-2023, 09:07 PM
Teams better load up at the training table to try and push Jimmy Bell off the block.

I look forward to us playing Tolu and Bell together for a few minutes here and there in SEC play.

Lord McBuckethead
11-14-2023, 09:25 PM
First, I like this Bell guy.
Next, Hubbard once he gets his feet set is Gold.
Fort gives you something too.

DJs length, man if he could just work for dunks.

Mathews is my boy.

Tolu is going to dominate with these guys.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-14-2023, 09:26 PM
Hubbard continues to look good. Defending taller SEC guards will be his weakness. Taylor is starting to settle in. Bell is going to help us. Our bench is going to be the best we’ve had in years.

Lord McBuckethead
11-14-2023, 09:27 PM
DJ, please don?t shoot another fade away.
Could someone tell him to set his feet before he shoots.

He just did and buried it.

NCMSTFAN
11-14-2023, 09:30 PM
Because they want us to pay $10/month for ESPN+ I suppose. I tried to get the game a few minutes ago ESPN+ seems to be what it is.
Download the ESPN app all of our games our free on there

somebodyshotmypaw
11-14-2023, 09:31 PM
Bell goes for 14 and 14

Lord McBuckethead
11-14-2023, 09:31 PM
Another solid game. Go Dawgs.
Stansbury gets on the stat sheet with a rebound.

Tater
11-14-2023, 09:32 PM
another game scoring 70 or more

another game holding the opponent under 70

just do these two simple things and we'll never lose.
sounds easy but we only did the scoring 9 of 34 times last year. (8-1 in those games damn vandy)
we held opponents below in 27 of 34 games. (1-6, beating TCU in OT)

that's our line. fun team. also Skelicans beating Luka Maverick. good night in basketball.

NCMSTFAN
11-14-2023, 09:34 PM
Jimmy Bell is averaging a double double, I really like what he brings, he's not Tolu but he is a big tough player who will rebound and get easy buckets around the rim. I wish Gai Chol played more tonight he played really well the other day. We will need them both until we get some of our bigs back. Right now we are down Tolu, Keyshawn and Jaquan Scott

EdwardDrayton
11-14-2023, 09:42 PM
Jimmy Bell is averaging a double double, I really like what he brings, he's not Tolu but he is a big tough player who will rebound and get easy buckets around the rim. I wish Gai Chol played more tonight he played really well the other day. We will need them both until we get some of our bigs back. Right now we are down Tolu, Keyshawn and Jaquan Scott

Yes. Thought working Chol in a little earlier would have had some benefit. It's early though and Jans is working through that to optimize. Feel he'll settle in with the rotations before too long.

LC Dawg
11-14-2023, 09:44 PM
This bunch is fun to watch. They look like they are having fun too. Jans is a damn good coach.

parabrave
11-14-2023, 10:05 PM
Shak had a good 1st game back And J Bell 14 pts and 14 rebounds/ He is earning a starting position/ Gonna have to bring back the old give him hell Robert Bell cheer and change it to Jimmy.

SPDawgs
11-15-2023, 09:22 AM
All I am saying is that we are 3-0 in games Isaac Stansbury plays in. lol The crowd chants for him makes me happy every time.

trob115
11-15-2023, 10:10 AM
Bell is super talented. I am surprised WV wasn't able to play him more. I think he's got a chance to make an NBA roster.

This team is crazy talented. We need Scott and Murphy back to provide some depth in the post until Tolu is ready. You can tell Chol is super talented, but needs another year of development.

Our guard lineup is going to be interesting to watch. I think Taylor will be the odd man out in the rotation.

R2Dawg
11-15-2023, 10:34 AM
Bell is super talented. I am surprised WV wasn't able to play him more. I think he's got a chance to make an NBA roster.

This team is crazy talented. We need Scott and Murphy back to provide some depth in the post until Tolu is ready. You can tell Chol is super talented, but needs another year of development.

Our guard lineup is going to be interesting to watch. I think Taylor will be the odd man out in the rotation.

Bell is really good; upgrade from McNair who wasn't terrible.

We are super talented. Jans can evaluate talent. I'm getting wool like back in Stans days with talent Jans can find.

Agree Taylor won't find a ton of minutes later. Hubbard is a star in the making. Huge HS get.

We have all the pieces for a run, just got to get rotation down and some chemistry which already looks pretty good. In a few months the Hump will remind us of old.

R2Dawg
11-15-2023, 10:35 AM
This bunch is fun to watch. They look like they are having fun too. Jans is a damn good coach.

I think safe to say we hit a HR with Jans. Players believe and follow him too.

R2Dawg
11-15-2023, 10:37 AM

What class is Bell? Choi is one of our future bigs. Very nice pickup. I don't think he'll transfer either, he likes it here and wants to be here. Same with Hubbard. Don't look now but Jans is building a program.

Goldendawg
11-15-2023, 11:14 AM
Early, but DJ still struggling to find his shot. Dribbles around too deep in clock to take a last second desperation shot which he always seem to miss. Great D and good rebounder, but may lose minutes on this deep team if he doesn't finally find his shot.

CaptainObvious
11-15-2023, 11:28 AM
I stated it in another post but there are times when resting Bell and Jones or DJ aren't on the floor when we could play small and quick with Hubbard, Rams, Taylor, Cam and Tolu for stretches. I think all 5 guards will get playing time to keep them happy.

Shaq, Rams, Taylor, Hubbard, Fort. That is a strong group of shooters as well as ball handlers. Remember when we couldn't find even one solid ball handler to play for Howland.

Add that both Cam
And DJ gave the ability to bring the ball up in transition. Neither dribbles well in traffic in the paint area, but are capable of getting down the floor on the dribble.

chef dixon
11-15-2023, 12:31 PM
Chol is only going to get garbage minutes once we get to January

parabrave
11-15-2023, 01:18 PM
DJ, please don?t shoot another fade away.
Could someone tell him to set his feet before he shoots.

He just did and buried it.

I don't see why he never drives for the basket. He would at least get fouled everytime.