I hope you're right.

TrapGame
11-14-2023, 07:17 PM
I wouldn't be so sure on that

You hearing something RC?

woof
11-14-2023, 07:23 PM
Per my agent sources

and what "sources" might that be? genespage or rosebowl or footballscoop.com? lol, nice try though bert2 lol. Like i said earlier today, nobody on here knows SQUAT until we hear it from the horse's mouth...and Selman is the horse.

defiantdog
11-14-2023, 07:31 PM
I hope you're right.

Money isn't and wasn't ever the issue.

Catfish
11-14-2023, 07:34 PM

Sounds good

EdwardDrayton
11-14-2023, 07:40 PM
He's too expensive....

Expend whatever it takes to get our top choice.

Commercecomet24
11-14-2023, 07:42 PM

Yep this.

confucius say
11-14-2023, 07:50 PM

The issue with chadwell? What was?

BeardoMSU
11-14-2023, 07:50 PM
The issue with chadwell? What was?

Fallwell has dickpics?***

Really Clark?
11-14-2023, 07:51 PM
You hearing something RC?

Just normal scuttlebutt with several of the normal names that have already been mentioned. Chadwell, Fritz, Helton, etc. I will say we are being aggressive and have more interest than normal. They have reached out and several of the ones we reached to have returned interest. The money is there to get a number of coaches, if it's warranted. Like it's been said for a while now, our top targets will be sitting HC's. Getting a P5 HC is a long shot though.

Dawgology
11-14-2023, 07:52 PM
We have 9 digits in the coaching fund. We are good.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-14-2023, 08:06 PM

Does that count the two digits on the right side of the decimal point?

StarkVegasSteve
11-14-2023, 08:21 PM

We used to have 9 digits. Now it is mid 8 digits

CaptainObvious
11-14-2023, 08:25 PM
Damn. Last time a State Coach asked for Digits, he was dialing them in the dugout at USM.

Mjoelner34
11-14-2023, 08:42 PM

Damn. Last time a State Coach asked for Digits, he was dialing them in the dugout at USM.

Much winning in this thread!

Dawgology
11-14-2023, 09:32 PM

We go to three decimals on the right side of the decimal. Haha

somebodyshotmypaw
11-14-2023, 09:33 PM

I’ve got 30 digits in my bank account. My wife and two kids each have both hands in it.

State82
11-14-2023, 09:37 PM
We go to three decimals on the right side of the decimal. Haha

Well, we are an engineering school.

gtowndawg
11-14-2023, 10:46 PM
Per my agent sources

Guys, I know Farmdawg. He absolutely has connections to a well known agent. I believe this.

Maverick91
11-15-2023, 12:06 AM
This thread went the direction it should have. Lol

But I need more chadwell news.

Pancho
11-15-2023, 12:22 AM
The Folk I know in Clinton TN think this is a sure deal.

confucius say
11-15-2023, 08:31 AM
Just normal scuttlebutt with several of the normal names that have already been mentioned. Chadwell, Fritz, Helton, etc. I will say we are being aggressive and have more interest than normal. They have reached out and several of the ones we reached to have returned interest. The money is there to get a number of coaches, if it's warranted. Like it's been said for a while now, our top targets will be sitting HC's. Getting a P5 HC is a long shot though.

Do we think Chadwell would take the job? Or wait on a perceived bigger job?

gtowndawg
11-15-2023, 09:23 AM
This thread went the direction it should have. Lol

But I need more chadwell news.

I've known Farmdawg for 30 years. We see each other regularly in Memphis area basketball gyms. He 100% has a connection to an agent we have all discussed here many times. If this is what he is hearing, I would say we have at least offered the job to Chadwell.

Really Clark?
11-15-2023, 09:34 AM
Do we think Chadwell would take the job? Or wait on a perceived bigger job?

If we are his best option, I like the chances of him taking our job more now than I initially thought.

Coursesuper
11-15-2023, 09:37 AM
If we are his best option, I like the chances of him taking our job more now than I initially thought.

I am trying to not get my hopes up, I should know better, but this guy fits here pretty well.

Really Clark?
11-15-2023, 09:58 AM
I am trying to not get my hopes up, I should know better, but this guy fits here pretty well.

Lol, yeah. There's still a little less than 2 weeks left in coach firings / retiring to go before the coaching board is truly known.

Coursesuper
11-15-2023, 10:03 AM
Lol, yeah. There's still a little less than 2 weeks left in coach firings / retiring to go before the coaching board is truly known.

I will say this one feels a little different though.

confucius say
11-15-2023, 10:04 AM

Explain please

Coursesuper
11-15-2023, 10:10 AM
Explain please

This one doesn't feel as hectic and panicked like the last few.

TrapGame
11-15-2023, 10:13 AM

I think we can call that the Selmon Effect. And you're right this feels different.

HancockCountyDog
11-15-2023, 10:19 AM

That is because it has only been 48 hours and no one is hiring a coach for at least 10 days. Probably longer.

Let it be the Monday after the egg bowl and we don't have a coach yet and then lets see how things feel.

That being said, I do think we have our coach within 3 days of the egg bowl.

Cooterpoot
11-15-2023, 10:22 AM
Unless South Carolina/North Carolina open up, I think he's ours unless there's some hiccup that shuts it down. But, I'm hearing rumblings of another name and it's a familar HC name. I don't want that coach, but could see some folks who would. If I confirm it I'll post it but there's enough crazy already. Also, if Iowa Comes open or Baylor or Arkansas that could shake up things but probably not a ton.

gtowndawg
11-15-2023, 10:24 AM
That is because it has only been 48 hours and no one is hiring a coach for at least 10 days. Probably longer.

Let it be the Monday after the egg bowl and we don't have a coach yet and then lets see how things feel.

I did not hear this, but I was told that David Murray said yesterday a new coach would be announced on Friday after the Egg Bowl. Can anyone confirm because if he said that we have our man.

Coursesuper
11-15-2023, 10:25 AM

Things are always hectic in The Kill aren't they.

Really Clark?
11-15-2023, 10:25 AM
Unless South Carolina/North Carolina open up, I think he's ours unless there's some hiccup that shuts it down. But, I'm hearing rumblings of another name and it's a familar HC name. I don't want that coach, but could see some folks who would. If I confirm it I'll post it but there's enough crazy already. Also, if Iowa Comes open or Baylor or Arkansas that could shake up things but probably not a ton.

A lot of pieces still left to move around in the next few weeks. We need a quite coaching carousel.

Really Clark?
11-15-2023, 10:28 AM

Selmon keeping it pretty locked down and has a pretty good idea where he would like it to go. We are using a different search firm this time too, that may make a little difference.

Really Clark?
11-15-2023, 10:32 AM
I did not hear this, but I was told that David Murray said yesterday a new coach would be announced on Friday after the Egg Bowl. Can anyone confirm because if he said that we have our man.

We've missed on guys if we are announcing the Friday after the EB. The only options for that are guys who are not coaching in college right now.

DownwardDawg
11-15-2023, 10:40 AM
Generally when a name leaks this early, it ain't happening. So it ain't gonna be Chadwell. If not, maybe it's someone better.

gtowndawg
11-15-2023, 10:43 AM
We've missed on guys if we are announcing the Friday after the EB. The only options for that are guys who are not coaching in college right now.

As I said, I did not hear it but I'm surprised Murray would put a stake in the ground with a date of the announcement unless he feels like (or has been told) it's done?

Activated Alpha
11-15-2023, 10:44 AM

Slytanic 2.0 babbaaayyyy!!!

Really Clark?
11-15-2023, 10:48 AM
As I said, I did not hear it but I'm surprised Murray would put a stake in the ground with a date of the announcement unless he feels like (or has been told) it's done?

I don't read Murray so I can't confirm but I would be surprised if he did make a hard date like that.

Turfdawg67
11-15-2023, 10:54 AM
Slytanic 2.0 babbaaayyyy!!!

It's Coming...

TrapGame
11-15-2023, 10:55 AM
Generally when a name leaks this early, it ain't happening. So it ain't gonna be Chadwell. If not, maybe it's someone better.

Good point.

gtowndawg
11-15-2023, 11:01 AM

Fair point, but it's also interesting that Chadwell immediately came out as the betting odds favorite to be our next coach. As we all know, they don't just guess on these odds. But certainly things could come apart, it's happened before.

Coach34
11-15-2023, 11:01 AM
Nobody worth a damn has accepted our job at this point. They are looking at A&M and seeing what other dominoes fall first before committing to anything

The only people I know are 100% interested in us are Lebby and Petrino

Really Clark?
11-15-2023, 11:06 AM
Nobody worth a damn has accepted our job at this point. They are looking at A&M and seeing what other dominoes fall first before committing to anything

And honestly compared to years past when a guy like Lebby would be one of our top few options, it shows our program is considered more attractive today than 10-15 years ago. We may end up with him or someone like him but that's because of how the carousel falls out more so than it's our best option today.

TrapGame
11-15-2023, 11:19 AM

I speculated before that we'd wind up with Petrino HC/OC and Derek Mason DC/Asst. HC.

Goldendawg
11-15-2023, 11:21 AM
MO is tearing it up with a good coach and plan. No reason we can't do the same with a good hire! Hail State!

Coursesuper
11-15-2023, 11:36 AM
I speculated before that we'd wind up with Petrino HC/OC and Derek Mason DC/Asst. HC.

If that happens we should submit our application to CUSA.

gtowndawg
11-15-2023, 11:41 AM

There's more interest than you know.

Goldendawg
11-15-2023, 11:41 AM
If that happens we should submit our application to CUSA.

A washed up motorcyclist and a motor mouth poor tv analyst.**

msudawglb
11-15-2023, 11:42 AM
And honestly compared to years past when a guy like Lebby would be one of our top few options, it shows our program is considered more attractive today than 10-15 years ago. We may end up with him or someone like him but that's because of how the carousel falls out more so than it's our best option today.

I agree with that and I also think that the attractiveness of joining the SEC has continued to grow. With the major conference reallignments that are ongoing, the SEC is about to break off along with a few other conferences. The slots of available head coaching jobs in these power conferences are filling up.

Goldendawg
11-15-2023, 11:43 AM

Have you considered appying for the HC job? With your contacts, you could probably put together an unreal staff!***. Hail State!

Coach34
11-15-2023, 11:46 AM
There's more interest than you know.

Dont get me wrong- I know there is more interest than that. I'm just saying top guys arent committing to anything yet. They gonna see what shakes out the next couple weeks. I think it ends up being the SEC championship game or later before we nail down a hire

viverlibre
11-15-2023, 11:47 AM
I've known Farmdawg for 30 years. We see each other regularly in Memphis area basketball gyms. He 100% has a connection to an agent we have all discussed here many times. If this is what he is hearing, I would say we have at least offered the job to Chadwell.

One thing i can guarantee you is no agent, especially Jimmy, is gonna let that information slip. Now he may have planted some intentional misinformation for a coach to use as leverage, and Jimmy is well known for this tactic.

Tater
11-15-2023, 11:48 AM

Two guys who won't be at their jobs next year. We'd be wise to stay away from both. They're desperate to drum up interest in themselves to ensure they find landing spots.

gtowndawg
11-15-2023, 11:54 AM
Dont get me wrong- I know there is more interest than that. I'm just saying top guys arent committing to anything yet. They gonna see what shakes out the next couple weeks. I think it ends up being the SEC championship game or later before we nail down a hire

Fair enough

gtowndawg
11-15-2023, 11:57 AM
One thing i can guarantee you is no agent, especially Jimmy, is gonna let that information slip. Now he may have planted some intentional misinformation for a coach to use as leverage, and Jimmy is well known for this tactic.

You're correct, Jimmy himself didn't tell anyone that.

Really Clark?
11-15-2023, 12:21 PM

Petrino has interest, it's not mutual interest.

TrapGame
11-15-2023, 12:24 PM

Thank God.

Homedawg
11-15-2023, 12:24 PM

No.

Cooterpoot
11-15-2023, 12:47 PM

Agents are going to slow play as much as possible to see what the market gets set at with A&M and Michigan St etc. Part of why you can forget some names quickly.

Bubb Rubb
11-15-2023, 01:26 PM

If you think David Murray is going to have any information to break about this search, well....

Coach34
11-15-2023, 01:32 PM

Yeah he’s not even top 10. I’ve just heard about him and Lebby politicking for the job

viverlibre
11-15-2023, 01:33 PM
Agents are going to slow play as much as possible to see what the market gets set at with A&M and Michigan St etc. Part of why you can forget some names quickly.

^^^^^^^this, plus wait to see if Ark and UF open.

Op4isabitch
11-15-2023, 01:57 PM
Nobody that posts on this board knows anything.period…dot..dot..at the very best it’s a lucky guess that you can come back to as a flex but nobody knows anything about who is talking about or interested in this job.

It’s the same every coaching search, the same people claim to know something and they don’t, the shit gets old.
Instead of trying to flex that you’re an insider, why not just discuss different coaches and what they may bring to the table.

It’d be a better discussion.

Mjoelner34
11-15-2023, 02:09 PM
Nobody that posts on this board knows anything.period…dot..dot..at the very best it’s a lucky guess that you can come back to as a flex but nobody knows anything about who is talking about or interested in this job.

It’s the same every coaching search, the same people claim to know something and they don’t, the shit gets old.
Instead of trying to flex that you’re an insider, why not just discuss different coaches and what they may bring to the table.

It's the Colin Cowherd way (along with 99% of the other talking heads on sports) sling out as much as you can and when one sticks, crow about it until everyone forgets the dozens you were wrong about.

gtowndawg
11-15-2023, 02:18 PM

Lighten up Francis, it's called a message board for a reason. But with that said, go look at farmdawgs post count. He's the exact opostite of what you're claiming. He's never flexed about anything here. But I personally know him, and he does swim in circles that would be privy to information like this. At the very least be happy that we (M State) have handled this very well so far and there is much interest in the job. We're in good shape and it's going to get better.

Op4isabitch
11-15-2023, 02:36 PM
Lighten up Francis, it's called a message board for a reason. But with that said, go look at farmdawgs post count. He's the exact opostite of what you're claiming. He's never flexed about anything here. But I personally know him, and he does swim in circles that would be privy to information like this. At the very least be happy that we (M State) have handled this very well so far and there is much interest in the job. We're in good shape and it's going to get better.

Not necessarily pointing at you. It’s the same names consistently that act as though they know something, when in fact they aren’t privy to any information.
Those that know don’t post on here often if ever.

Cooterpoot
11-15-2023, 02:54 PM

There's a whole 17ing thread about the candidates. But it's too hard for some to look.

gtowndawg
11-15-2023, 03:53 PM
Not necessarily pointing at you. It’s the same names consistently that act as though they know something, when in fact they aren’t privy to any information.
Those that know don’t post on here often if ever.

I got ya, you're good!

MrCoachKlein
11-15-2023, 03:54 PM
There's a whole 17ing thread about the candidates. But it's too hard for some to look.

What got shot into your cooter?*

farmdawg1
11-15-2023, 03:55 PM
Nobody that posts on this board knows anything.period?dot..dot..at the very best it?s a lucky guess that you can come back to as a flex but nobody knows anything about who is talking about or interested in this job.

It?s the same every coaching search, the same people claim to know something and they don?t, the shit gets old.
Instead of trying to flex that you?re an insider, why not just discuss different coaches and what they may bring to the table.

It?d be a better discussion.

Chadwell to MSU

TrapGame
11-15-2023, 04:15 PM
Chadwell to MSU

BOLD.

I like you.

Bully1972!
11-15-2023, 04:22 PM
I don't have any sources whatsoever and I have no idea who is going to be our next coach but what I can say is that someone near and dear to me has played a very small role in the process thus far and that some of guys who are claiming to be in the know on this page are completely wrong on this one piece anyway. With that being the case I doubt the accuracy of their other claims. As Captain Obvious once said, "Don't believe anything you read on a message board when it comes to the MSU coaching search." :)

KOdawg1
11-15-2023, 04:26 PM
Chadwell or Lashlee.

Either one of those, and I'll be fine

dawggoneit
11-15-2023, 04:52 PM
Like a man that sticks to his guns. That will be a great hire if true!

basedog
11-15-2023, 05:10 PM
Chadwell to MSU

Bert Stare did you change your name*** LOL But I'm ok with this.

redstickdawg
11-15-2023, 05:20 PM

I came to ask the same question.

Cooterpoot
11-15-2023, 05:30 PM
This hire needs to be really good. We're about to be wandering in the wilderness of college football next year. Make a great hire and get NIL moving and get players. If we're ever going to spend on a coach, this is it.

Turfdawg67
11-15-2023, 05:34 PM
BOLD.

I like you.

I've never seen farmdawg1 and Bert Stare in the same room. Hmmmm...

Turfdawg67
11-15-2023, 05:36 PM

Haha... you beat me to it.

Coursesuper
11-15-2023, 05:51 PM
This hire needs to be really good. We're about to be wandering in the wilderness of college football next year. Make a great hire and get NIL moving and get players. If we're ever going to spend on a coach, this is it.
Not needs to has to be good. If not we can I?ll find ourselves in football purgatory for a long time.

gtowndawg
11-15-2023, 05:57 PM

We can all agree on that brother...

BigDawg81
11-15-2023, 06:27 PM
Hadad said there is mutual between State and Chadwell

gtowndawg
11-15-2023, 06:54 PM
Hadad said there is mutual between State and Chadwell

https://media1.giphy.com/media/ui1hpJSyBDWlG/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9522ayr8ddcz77gtmn6j6jc6gqjnnci 3h67cljpl804&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

CarolinaDawgs
11-16-2023, 01:14 PM
Just heard rumor about Dabo to A&M

Surely that would put a huge wrench in the Chadwell talk?

Maverick91
11-16-2023, 01:35 PM

Is Dabo going to go for NIL and portal now?

Really Clark?
11-16-2023, 01:36 PM

I don't see it happening but even if it did I don't think Chadwell will be their first choice. He would definitely wait for it to clear though, no question.

KOdawg1
11-16-2023, 01:37 PM

Dabo would be stupid to go to A&M.

The path to the CFP at Clemson (most years) is beating Florida State.

The path to the CFP at A&M is beating Alabama, Texas, LSU, and Georgia.

Maverick91
https://media1.giphy.com/media/ui1hpJSyBDWlG/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9522ayr8ddcz77gtmn6j6jc6gqjnnci 3h67cljpl804&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

If this end up being the case you can pat your friend on the back for me for calling it.

Whoever the hire is, I need to see him demand that the program grows. We need more off the field staff, evaluators, recruiters, S&C staff, sports nutrition staff. It's great to see money thrown at the top guy but what type of program is he building off of. I want buyin for the program.

msstate7
Dabo could win with weigman

gtowndawg
11-16-2023, 02:44 PM
If this end up being the case you can pat your friend on the back for me for calling it.

Texted him several times yesterday. I'll certainly give him a high five and a pat on the back for you.

viverlibre
11-16-2023, 02:47 PM
Dabo would be stupid to go to A&M.

The path to the CFP at Clemson (most years) is beating Florida State.

The path to the CFP at A&M is beating Alabama, Texas, LSU, and Georgia.

Of course he's not going, his name is being bantered about to get clicks, listens and downloads. There so many contact creators in the sports world, they have to make up news, similar to CNN, Fox News, etc. His agent is probably pushing it too for negotiating purposes.

MrCoachKlein
11-16-2023, 02:56 PM
Chadwell to MSU

Really trying to not get my hopes up in case this turns into a Bert prediction.

TrapGame
11-16-2023, 03:09 PM
A guess they got Rosebowl blowing smoke with the Fritz talk.

gtowndawg
11-16-2023, 03:47 PM

Which is smart to be honest. We want leverge in negotiations just as much as a coach has leverage on us. I'd be shocked if we don't have negotiations on several fronts right now (as we should!)

Really Clark?
11-16-2023, 03:48 PM

That's not coming from our side in the AD's office. Fritz is interested so it's going around the industry.

viverlibre
11-16-2023, 04:06 PM
That's not coming from our side in the AD's office. Fritz is interested so it's going around the industry.

Like an ugly chick at the end of the bar at last call, we need to keep him near the hook, but if it comes to that, we've missed out on probably 10 candidates. He'd be very underwhelming and not generate any excitement.

Maverick91
11-16-2023, 04:10 PM
Texted him several times yesterday. I'll certainly give him a high five and a pat on the back for you.

Lol the pat on the back will do for now. If he ends up being a success you can then give him the high five. JK

Really Clark?
11-16-2023, 04:11 PM
Like an ugly chick at the end of the bar at last call, we need to keep him near the hook, but if it comes to that, we've missed out on probably 10 candidates. He'd be very underwhelming and not generate any excitement.

I kind of look at it differently, Fritz would be the best or one of the best fall back options we have had as a program. To me it shows expansion in what coaches are available to us and increased interest level

Coursesuper
11-16-2023, 04:17 PM
I kind of look at it differently, Fritz would be the best or one of the best fall back options we have had as a program. To me it shows expansion in what coaches are available to us and increased interest level

I'd say right now we have a 1A and a 2A and 2B. After those it's an open field. Would you agree with that?

Really Clark?
11-16-2023, 04:55 PM
I'd say right now we have a 1A and a 2A and 2B. After those it's an open field. Would you agree with that?

Right now? I would say 4 guys. But there is a lot in the open field and good options there. A week - 10 days is a long way away though.

Coursesuper
11-16-2023, 05:03 PM
Right now? I would say 4 guys. But there is a lot in the open field and good options there. A week - 10 days is a long way away though.

Yes it is, there is going to be a lot of movement in the next 10 days.

Turfdawg67
11-16-2023, 05:48 PM
On SPS, there's a pretty confident poster "with sources" that says it's Lebby. Lolz

ETA: The laughing is not directed at Lebby but "sources".

MrCoachKlein
11-16-2023, 05:51 PM

Agreed. Rather Don as a fall back but to be in a situation where Fritz/Don are your worst case scenarios is a good spot to be in.

BigDawg81
11-16-2023, 06:31 PM
Jon Sokoloff is now reporting Chadwell is a name to lookout for. I wonder if Chadwell is going to Auburn first

Really Clark?
11-16-2023, 06:52 PM
Jon Sokoloff is now reporting Chadwell is a name to lookout for. I wonder if Chadwell is going to Auburn first

What does Auburn have to do with Chadwell?

Mjoelner34
11-16-2023, 06:55 PM

Well, scratch Chadwell off.

Bully1972!
He is probably talking about how JS reported Kiffin to Auburn last year.

Mjoelner34
What does Auburn have to do with Chadwell?

He is the guy that 'broke' the Kiffin to Auburn last year.

Really Clark?
11-16-2023, 06:59 PM
He is the guy that 'broke' the Kiffin to Auburn last year.

Ah, gotcha

Turfdawg67
11-16-2023, 07:07 PM
Wasn't Kiffen going to Auburn but his agent wanted a Jimbo contract and Auburn said no? The guy could've been right... until the end.

BigDawg81
11-16-2023, 07:17 PM
Wasn't Kiffen going to Auburn but his agent wanted a Jimbo contract and Auburn said no? The guy could've been right... until the end.I don?t know the specifics but Kiffin got cold feet and backed out

civildawg
11-16-2023, 07:20 PM
Story is Kiffin's kids threw a fit because they didn't want to move again and like it in Oxford

Dawgology
11-16-2023, 07:25 PM
Story is Kiffin's kids threw a fit because they didn't want to move again and like it in Oxford

Like I said earlier. Kiffin is going to fleece Ole Miss over the next season or two until he finally leaves

Mjoelner34
11-16-2023, 07:33 PM
Like I said earlier. Kiffin is going to fleece Ole Miss over the next season or two until he finally leaves

I bet he is hating that Bjork isn't still there.

Bothrops
11-16-2023, 07:35 PM

Kiffin goes to A&M or Florida. Won't be back

DownwardDawg
11-16-2023, 08:18 PM
The true story is that Kiffins agent is Jimmy Sexton. Auburn set their sights on Hugh Freeze and wasn't even gonna let the SEC tell them no. It was always Freeze. Sexton represents both. He made a killing.

Maverick91
11-16-2023, 08:28 PM

If I'm kitten and it's between A$M and Florida it's A$M all day.

1. They are so stupid that they kept the anemic coach for six years and paid him stupid money to do so.
2. Because of number one I could be their version of Dan Mullenburger and make bank doing and not have to recruit.
3. Also they dwarf Florida in pure money (apparently)

Florida would have sacked Bimbo Fleecer 4 seasons ago.

Coach34
11-16-2023, 08:39 PM

He may leave at some point- and I totally think he would for Florida. But dont be surprised if he ends up being their Mullen and stays 8-9 years

Cooterpoot
11-16-2023, 08:41 PM
Leipold would look good in Maroon

Coach34
11-16-2023, 08:45 PM

That would be a great pull and about as shocking as Leach

CadaverDawg
11-16-2023, 08:47 PM

That's my #1

I know it's far fetched, but I would be thrilled if we could pull him

Coursesuper
11-16-2023, 08:48 PM
That would be a great pull and about as shocking as Leach

Yes it would.

Mjoelner34
11-16-2023, 09:03 PM
We've heard Chadwell rumors and Lebby rumors. That means it has to be Leipold right?

Really Clark?
11-16-2023, 09:06 PM
Would love Leipold but that won't clear up until MI St makes their choice.

Dawgology
11-16-2023, 09:07 PM
He may leave at some point- and I totally think he would for Florida. But dont be surprised if he ends up being their Mullen and stays 8-9 years

This. But with sexton repping him he will be the highest paid 7-9 win coach in the nation.

BeardoMSU
11-16-2023, 09:10 PM
This. But with sexton repping him he will be the highest paid 7-9 win coach in the nation.

He's looking at his his second 10-2 season in 3 years....not a terrible investment by OM.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-16-2023, 09:36 PM
Leipold has a .495 record. Has coached at Buffalo and Kansas, was an assistant in Nebraska and Wisconsin and was born and raised in Wisconsin. Has absolutely zero southern experience.

Can any of his fans fill me in on why they're so high on him? Yeah he's put together a nice team at Kansas but 1 decent year doesn't justify the faith I see people have in him

Really Clark?
11-16-2023, 09:42 PM
Leipold has a .495 record. Has coached at Buffalo and Kansas, was an assistant in Nebraska and Wisconsin and was born and raised in Wisconsin. Has absolutely zero southern experience.

Can any of his fans fill me in on why they're so high on him? Yeah he's put together a nice team at Kansas but 1 decent year doesn't justify the faith I see people have in him

Kansas hasn't won more than 3 games since 2009, they won 5 games that season. He won 6 in his second season and 7 already this season. That's a really good job and not the first time he's turned around a program.

Homedawg
11-16-2023, 10:06 PM
I bet he is hating that Bjork isn't still there.

Bjork didn't hire kiffen

Mjoelner34
11-16-2023, 10:11 PM
Bjork didn't hire kiffen

I know. I was just replying about Kiffen is going to fleece them by saying it would be easier for him to do.so if Bjork was still there.

Quaoarsking
11-16-2023, 10:43 PM

Well for starters, you've leaving out his record at Whitewater, which was ... 109-6 (!) with 6 national titles in 8 years (!)

Then he turns Buffalo from shit into something, and turns the worst P5 program (by far) in Kansas into a decent program too. The guy is a flat-out winner.

jimbo352
11-16-2023, 10:46 PM
Leipold would be a home ****ing run. He's a great coach, and not only has he done it at every level, he's done it in different regions.

Commercecomet24
11-16-2023, 10:51 PM
Well for starters, you've leaving out his record at Whitewater, which was ... 109-6 (!) with 6 national titles in 8 years (!)

Then he turns Buffalo from shit into something, and turns the worst P5 program (by far) in Kansas into a decent program too. The guy is a flat-out winner.

He's kinda like jans, a guy that has won at every level and built programs at every level.

Cowbell
11-17-2023, 01:26 AM
He's looking at his his second 10-2 season in 3 years....not a terrible investment by OM.

Not at all

PGHBulldogBG
11-17-2023, 09:22 AM
Klieman would be my absolute #1 from big 12 but I doubt we could pull him. Leipold would be a tough pull too, but I think slightly easier.

KB21
11-17-2023, 09:35 AM
MSU is looking at guys who know how to win. Their top 3 based on reports:

Lance Leipold 161-58
Jamey Chadwell 108-57
Willie Fritz 205-115

All three have history of building programs. Lance Leipold took over two moribund programs in Buffalo and Kansas and resurrected both. Jamey Chadwell built the Charleston Southern program and the Coastal Carolina program as it was transitioning to FBS. Fritz has built multiple programs. JUCO national championship at Blinn. Central Missouri. Sam Houston State. Tulane.

msstate7
11-17-2023, 09:41 AM

Lance Leipold 161-58
Jamey Chadwell 108-57
Willie Fritz 205-115

All three have history of building programs. Lance Leipold took over two moribund programs in Buffalo and Kansas and resurrected both. Jamey Chadwell built the Charleston Southern program and the Coastal Carolina program as it was transitioning to FBS. Fritz has built multiple programs. JUCO national championship at Blinn. Central Missouri. Sam Houston State. Tulane.

I'd be good with any of those

TrapGame
11-17-2023, 09:47 AM

Lance Leipold 161-58
Jamey Chadwell 108-57
Willie Fritz 205-115

We would be Fritz's last stop and I'm totally good with that. This would be his swan song. Anyone of those would be a damn good hire.

Cooterpoot
11-17-2023, 09:47 AM

Lance Leipold 161-58
Jamey Chadwell 108-57
Willie Fritz 205-115

Fritz isn't top 3. There's almost no chance we hire him (Thank God!)

TrapGame
11-17-2023, 09:49 AM
Fritz isn't top 3. There's almost no chance we hire him (Thank God!)

So, that means are top 3 or 4 guys are showing a lot of interest and things are looking good?

Cooterpoot
11-17-2023, 09:56 AM
So, that means are top 3 or 4 guys are showing a lot of interest and things are looking good?

Yes, there's interest from all of them but a couple will be hard to work out.

DownwardDawg
11-17-2023, 10:02 AM
We've heard Chadwell rumors and Lebby rumors. That means it has to be Leipold right?

Yes. It certainly won't be Chadwell because that rumor got hot way early. So we know he's off the board.

HancockCountyDog
11-17-2023, 10:30 AM
Yes, there's interest from all of them but a couple will be hard to work out.

I've been told that Liberty isn't going to budge on the buyout. Normally schools negotiate an agreed buyout, when the original buyout is too high, because no one wants a coach that wants to be somewhere else.

The buyout is north of 12 million. I don't see us, and I don't think we should pay a buyout of 12 million, and pay Chadwell around 6 million. I mean, that is monopoly money.

DownwardDawg
11-17-2023, 11:04 AM
I've been told that Liberty isn't going to budge on the buyout. Normally schools negotiate an agreed buyout, when the original buyout is too high, because no one wants a coach that wants to be somewhere else.

The buyout is north of 12 million. I don't see us, and I don't think we should pay a buyout of 12 million, and pay Chadwell around 6 million. I mean, that is monopoly money.

Main reason I think it's definitely not Chadwell. Those things never work out. He was leaked as the top candidate like instantly. That means it's not gonna be him.
Won't be Frost either because Bert Stare said it would be.

So..... we can take those two off the list of who we'll think it's gonna be.

gtowndawg
11-17-2023, 03:01 PM
We're in good shape guys. Hold fast.

Coursesuper
11-17-2023, 03:37 PM

We are at the stand by to stand by stage.

CaptainObvious
11-17-2023, 05:08 PM
Holding on loosely like I been tied to the Whipping Post while my guitar gently weeps as I walk alone, I wonder if a picture paints a thousand words taking it to the streets under the boardwalk up on broadway down on the corner of Winslow Arizona while her face at first just ghostly turns a whiter shade of pale.

confucius say
11-17-2023, 05:18 PM

Not really. With 50 million in the buyout fund, find a sure winner and do it. This is a crucial hire.
6 million a year is meh. We can do that easy.

Activated Alpha
11-17-2023, 05:22 PM

Looking at the scale this morning, I wouldn't classify it as good and probably should fast for as long as possible.....

Homedawg
11-17-2023, 05:39 PM
Not really. With 60 million in the buyout fund, find a sure winner and do it. This is a crucial hire.
6 million a year is meh. We can do that easy.

Where are you getting your 60 mil number from?

MrCoachKlein
11-17-2023, 05:40 PM
Holding on loosely like I been tied to the Whipping Post while my guitar gently weeps as I walk alone, I wonder if a picture paints a thousand words taking it to the streets under the boardwalk up on broadway down on the corner of Winslow Arizona while her face at first just ghostly turns a whiter shade of pale.

Pass the peace pipe

confucius say
11-17-2023, 05:47 PM
Where are you getting your 60 mil number from?

I was told it was mid 8 figures, which is the same thing I read on here this week.

That was supposed to read 50, not 60.

DownwardDawg
11-17-2023, 05:56 PM

I'm hanging bro!!

BlackSailsDawg
11-17-2023, 07:27 PM

Liberty made the decision years ago to go all in on football. They are serious and not playing around.

BigDawg81
11-17-2023, 08:12 PM
I think Chadwell is out of play. Some chatter on other boards.

BeardoMSU
11-17-2023, 08:14 PM

Steve saying isn't interested, to clear the fog.

TrapGame
11-17-2023, 08:22 PM
Looks like that buyout is a major hiccup.

DownwardDawg
11-17-2023, 08:50 PM

Of course. He was the first "hot rumor". Which means it was never him.

Todd4State
11-17-2023, 08:55 PM
My guess is that Chadwell will hold out for Clemson or South Carolina. Most likely South Carolina. Yes, he spent a year at Delta State but the vast majority of his career was spent in the South Carolina/Virginia area.

Coach34
11-17-2023, 08:57 PM
Of course. He was the first "hot rumor". Which means it was never him.

This and why I didnt get excited

I'm fully expecting Lebby after we miss out on 5-6 targets

Homedawg
11-17-2023, 08:59 PM
I was told it was mid 8 figures, which is the same thing I read on here this week.

That was supposed to read 50, not 60.

Meaning we had 50 mil to spend on a buyout and a new coach?? Is that what you're saying. ? Just making sure

DownwardDawg
11-17-2023, 09:00 PM

Yeah. I've been "conditioned" in my 56 years. Hopefully we don't miss on that many, but you certainly have a good reason to believe that.

Homedawg
11-17-2023, 09:02 PM
Like I said from the start Leipold and chadwell and Lashlee were all very very very unlikely. Like when I said I'd take the field when I saw o e of those lists on here a few days ago.

TrapGame
11-17-2023, 09:05 PM

If we come down to Lebby this hire was a major failure. Shit, I'd rather have Mullen than Lebby.

BigDawg81
11-17-2023, 09:10 PM
It?s going to be Lebby. I said this before Arnett was fired. Other than Leach, Mullen was a Coordinator, Moorhead was a Coordinator and Arnett was a coordinator. You got that and Lebby and Selmon relationship at Oklahoma. That?s your new head coach.

confucius say
11-17-2023, 09:12 PM
Meaning we had 50 mil to spend on a buyout and a new coach?? Is that what you're saying. ? Just making sure

I was told that fund is for paying buy outs, ours or otherwise.

Dawgology
11-17-2023, 09:14 PM

I can confirm and it’s closer to 70 mil last I saw but that’s the total pit so guess they aren’t interested in burning it all at once. Or…we have the same boosters that hold the big bag pushing to hire a ground and pound coach. It’s a sad situation really.

Homedawg
11-17-2023, 09:17 PM
I can confirm and it’s closer to 70 mil last I saw but that’s the total pit so guess they aren’t interested in burning it all at once. Or…we have the same boosters that hold the big bag pushing to hire a ground and pound coach. It’s a sad situation really.

Well we have to have 10 to pay off the old stafff. And I know we not have a candidate worth more than 8 at best a year. That's 42. So we won't be needing the entire pie. Might have to spend some more on a small buyout. We shall see

Mjoelner34

If it's the Seal fund that the old man left that you are talking about, I was asking on here a couple of days ago if it could be used to buyout a future coach from another school. When I was told about it back in the day, I was told it was only to pay out our head football coach and run him off or pay our head football coach what we had to if we wanted to keep him.

confucius say
If we come down to Lebby this hire was a major failure. Shit, I'd rather have Mullen than Lebby.

Same.

But I'll be surprised if it's Lebby. OK is trying to get rid of him.

Homedawg

Gotcha

Coach34
11-17-2023, 09:19 PM
Same.

But I'll be surprised if it's Lebby. OK is trying to get rid of him.

But not because he hasnt done a good job. Oklahoma is 4th in the country in Scoring

Mjoelner34
11-17-2023, 09:22 PM
On ESPN2 right now, Traylor already sending a message that he wants the job. USF went 75 yds in 8 plays to start the game and UTSA had a false start on the first play. Traylor making it look like he'd fit right in.

TrapGame
11-17-2023, 09:23 PM
But not because he hasnt done a good job. Oklahoma is 4th in the country in Scoring

OC sure. Head coach? Hell no.

confucius say
11-17-2023, 09:23 PM

Kinda tells you how bad they must want him gone then

Coach34
11-17-2023, 09:25 PM
Kinda tells you how bad they must want him gone then

Mullen was a ********** also- but he was good at his job so people put up with it

confucius say
11-17-2023, 09:32 PM
Mullen was a ********** also- but he was good at his job so people put up with it

Well according to Castiglione, OK told lebby that Briles wasn't welcome on the sidelines. Then lebby parades him around, and OK has to issue a formal apology in which Castiglione threw Lebby squarely under the bus. I think it started going south there.

Seems like an immature thing for Lebby to do. That's the kind of stuff that concerns me with a young first time head coach. Judgment.

https://apnews.com/article/oklahoma-art-briles-16e97fa2f8f7dc8286b2590eee131e0c

DownwardDawg
11-17-2023, 09:41 PM
Well according to Castiglione, OK told lebby that Briles wasn't welcome on the sidelines. Then lebby parades him around, and OK has to issue a formal apology in which Castiglione threw Lebby squarely under the bus. I think it started going south there.

Seems like an immature thing for Lebby to do. That's the kind of stuff that concerns me with a young first time head coach. Judgment.

I hope it's not Lebby.

Dawgface
11-17-2023, 09:44 PM
I hope it's not Lebby.
Ditto

Coach34
11-17-2023, 09:45 PM

Briles can have an office in the Bryan Building for all I care. He should be there to help Lebby be successful

confucius say
11-17-2023, 09:48 PM
Briles can have an office in the Bryan Building for all I care. He should be there to help Lebby be successful

Respectfully, that's one of the reasons you'll never be our AD, haha.

Dawgface
11-17-2023, 09:50 PM
Thank God

Coach34
11-17-2023, 09:53 PM

No doubt- but Briles was cleared recently of wrongdoing. He's a helluva asset if we have to hire a coordinator

BeardoMSU
11-17-2023, 09:59 PM
No doubt- but Briles was cleared recently of wrongdoing. He's a helluva asset if we have to hire a coordinator

Not really...

Coach34
11-17-2023, 10:05 PM
We'll just disagree. A successful veteran HC helping his son-in-law be successful as well is a big deal.

Nobody on campus and around the program would give a shit who Briles was. These kids dont care today

confucius say
11-17-2023, 10:12 PM
We'll just disagree. A successful veteran HC helping his son-in-law be successful as well is a big deal.

Nobody on campus and around the program would give a shit who Briles was. These kids dont care today

Nobody on campus would care? Not true.

Coach34
11-17-2023, 10:18 PM
Nobody on campus would care? Not true.

Cleared of wrongdoing

confucius say
11-17-2023, 10:23 PM
Cleared of wrongdoing

So was OJ

Homedawg
11-17-2023, 10:23 PM
On ESPN2 right now, Traylor already sending a message that he wants the job. USF went 75 yds in 8 plays to start the game and UTSA had a false start on the first play. Traylor making it look like he'd fit right in.

Don't think traylor is going to want it. He has bigger sights than our job

Cowbell
11-17-2023, 10:24 PM
So was OJ

Hugh wasn't cleared and look where he is now. Coach is dead on

TheLostDawg
11-17-2023, 10:30 PM
Well to be fair auburn opened the door to hire a s..... person as a coach

Really Clark?
11-17-2023, 10:39 PM
Cleared of wrongdoing

One case of 1 woman who lied in her testimony. Judge felt a jury would not find him and McCraw "gross negligent in the domestic violence assaults of a former Baylor student by a former Baylor football player." Baylor lost that same case on the Title IX grounds.

Baylor had to settle another case with 15 victims, with Briles and McCraw also named in the lawsuit. They really did not want that one going to trial with exposure to McCraw and Briles.

"Among the 15 plaintiffs was a woman who alleged being assaulted by a football player in April 2014, a woman who reported that two football players assaulted her in April 2016 and a woman who said a player on the rugby team -- a club sport at Baylor -- assaulted her in fall 2012, according to the complaints.

The lawsuit was one of several that were filed that alleged staff and administrators ignored or stifled reports from women who said they were assaulted on or near campus."

"The investigation also pointed to failings within the football program and athletic department, including ?failure to identify and respond to a pattern of sexual violence by a football player and to a report of dating violence,? according to the finding of fact."

An earlier lawsuit was settled in 2017.

"Former Baylor student Jasmin Hernandez, who was raped by an ex-Baylor football player, reached a settlement in her Title IX lawsuit against the university.

The lawsuit, which included former head coach Art Briles and athletic director Ian McCaw as defendants, said Baylor ?failed to properly train and educate? its employees in the ?appropriate response to allegations of sexual harassment, sexual abuse and retaliatory conduct.? According to ESPN.com and the Waco Tribune, the sides reached an agreement to give Hernandez a financial settlement after mediation on Saturday. The financial amount was not disclosed."

Really Clark?
11-17-2023, 10:48 PM
Don't think traylor is going to want it. He has bigger sights than our job

Would love to have him but a lot of things would have to line up perfectly for us to have a shot.

Todd4State
11-17-2023, 10:50 PM

I don't know if that's immature but it was definitely a poor decision and disrespectful to Castiglione.

Quaoarsking
11-17-2023, 10:51 PM
Cleared of wrongdoing

You're either a bigger dipshit than usual, or you think we all are. Nobody would sincerely label that as "cleared of wrongdoing"

Todd4State
11-17-2023, 10:53 PM
Well we have to have 10 to pay off the old stafff. And I know we not have a candidate worth more than 8 at best a year. That's 42. So we won't be needing the entire pie. Might have to spend some more on a small buyout. We shall see

Where are you getting 42 from? I see 10 and 8.

Todd4State
11-17-2023, 10:54 PM
I'd be Ok with Lebby as long as he nails his DC hire.

Homedawg
11-17-2023, 10:57 PM
Where are you getting 42 from? I see 10 and 8.

8 per year equals 32. 10 for buyout. 42. Sorry wasn't clear in my post.

Coach34
11-17-2023, 11:01 PM
You're either a bigger dipshit than usual, or you think we all are. Nobody would sincerely label that as "cleared of wrongdoing"

literally what the court said- I'm good with it. But damn man- if we get to Lebby on the list after missing on the 6-7 other targets- we have to just hold our nose and do it

Pancho
11-17-2023, 11:03 PM
word

Biguglyjoe
11-17-2023, 11:10 PM
literally what the court said- I'm good with it. But damn man- if we get to Lebby on the list after missing on the 6-7 other targets- we have to just hold our nose and do it

I don't think the issue is Lebby. It's Briles. If that post is the ruling by the court, it doesn't clear him in my eyes. IF a college aged girl reported a sexual assault to him and he did nothing about it, such as report it to the police or administration, he's a POS. You don't have to have training to be a decent human being. If we get down that far and Lebby is there then so be it. Briles should be nowhere around the program in my opinion.

Quaoarsking
11-17-2023, 11:17 PM

It "literally" isn't though, not even close. You're referring to one particular case out of dozens, and a plaintiff losing a case does not and has never meant that the defendant was "cleared" of anything, just that that particular instance isn't proven. But even if you want to go so far to say he's exonerated on that one case, there's still dozens of others where he's not.

The texts between him and his AD (who still works as Liberty's AD btw) make it explicitly clear that Briles was covering up crimes and intimidating victims - he comes right out and says it in them. You can read about them here: https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2017/02/03/damning-texts-between-ex-baylor-coach-briles-other-officials-revealed-in-new-court-records/ (2017) or the ones that just dropped this month: https://defector.com/the-just-revealed-conversations-between-art-briles-and-baylor-staff-are-exactly-what-youd-expect

Tater
11-17-2023, 11:29 PM

Have you had a serious conversation where you LISTENED to a 16 - 21 year old zoomer? Kids these days are some of the most passionate and radical for any cause.

Any amount of Briles and Lebby would bring severe backlash. I know my donataions and support for the football team would dry up until my university got its shit together. There are several whom feel the same way. It's the worst hire we can reasonably make. And it scares me that none of our big mouth pieces are squashing it. It's not only a risk in the football since, it's a horrendous risk in the public perception arena.

I'm disappointed it's gotten this far.

Todd4State
11-17-2023, 11:31 PM

Thanks!

Quaoarsking
11-17-2023, 11:31 PM
I won't hold Lebby responsible for his father-in-law's poor behavior, but I would definitely expect Briles not to set foot on campus as anything other than a fan during Lebby's entire tenure.

Catfish
11-17-2023, 11:33 PM
I won't hold Lebby responsible for his father-in-law's poor behavior, but I would definitely expect Briles not to set foot on campus as anything other than a fan during Lebby's entire tenure.

Bingo!

Homedawg
11-17-2023, 11:37 PM

The fact Lebby is being held for what his father in law did is nuts. And I ageee w you on briles. He's a no go

NCDawg
11-18-2023, 12:16 AM
Jeff Traylor is a very good coach. If Texas A&M doesn't hire him, I think we should really consider him.

BuckyIsAB****
11-18-2023, 08:58 AM

Im good with Briles

Homedawg
11-18-2023, 09:02 AM
Im good with Briles

He's talking about art.

Homedawg
11-18-2023, 09:03 AM
Jeff Traylor is a very good coach. If Texas A&M doesn't hire him, I think we should really consider him.

I'm not sure he's wanting to take the lunge our way. Could be wrong but don't believe so

Santiago
11-18-2023, 09:13 AM

I lived in Waco around that time and can tell you Briles did some shady stuff, and not only swept it under the rug, he had local media and law turning an eye. Like a TSUN culture.
Google the articles about the transfer that came from Boise. Briles claimed he had no idea of the troubles of the guy, and Petersen publicly called out Briles about that and said he called Briles and told him do not take the kid and told about the trouble he had caused and was dangerous.

If you want to say a court simply got him off the hook, then so did OJ as well.
But Briles, and his family was doing some shady crap at Baylor.

Let me edit: Saying it was shady is actually too nice a term for what Briles was doing. If it was anyone here who had a daughter handled by Baylor and Briles the way the did, I would put money down one of you would have put him in the hospital for it.

Santiago
11-18-2023, 09:16 AM
Here is the article of Petersen calling out Briles. Anyone here trying to defend this POS needs to get off this board.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/baylor-sexual-assault-rape-art-briles-chris-peterson-sam-ukwuachu-domestic-violence/1aycgdek6n9jiz2hwro8126lu

" Baylor coach Art Briles denied knowing anything about Ukwuachu’s violent past, but Petersen essentially called Briles a liar in a statement Friday released to ESPN.com.

"After Sam Ukwuachu was dismissed from the Boise State football program and expressed an interest in transferring to Baylor, I initiated a call with coach Art Briles," Petersen's statement said. "In that conversation, I thoroughly apprised Coach Briles of the circumstances surrounding Sam's disciplinary record and dismissal."

Petersen’s side of the story is far different from Briles' account. When asked if Boise State informed him of linebacker’s disciplinary record, Briles said all the coaching staff knew about the defensive end before recruiting him was that he was depressed and homesick. "

Coursesuper
11-18-2023, 09:18 AM
All this pearl clutching is just so typical of the Mitippy Tate way. Wake the 17 up folks. This has become a zero sum game that is driven by ESPN/ABC Disney. They will dictate what when and where for the foreseeable future in college athletics. We have a product to put on the field that sells or not. If we don?t we?re out period. Get used to it.

preachermatt83
11-18-2023, 09:19 AM

I don?t want lebby as head coach but I ABSOLUTELY agree with you on this post wool!

confucius say
11-18-2023, 09:23 AM

I don't count the 8 per year going forward as coming out of that fund. The 8 per year to our new coach is just out of the normal budget.

confucius say
11-18-2023, 09:27 AM
I don't hold what Briles did against lebby.

But i do hold lebby teaponaible for bringing Briles on the field after OK specifically told him not to per Castiglione.

StarkVegasSteve
11-18-2023, 09:29 AM
Look I do not know how any of this has to do with Jamey Chadwell and I believe we would have to get pretty far down the list to get to Jeff Lebby but I will give my thoughts on the situation nonetheless.

From strictly a FOOTBALL standpoint, Lebby would be an ok hire. He runs an up tempo offense that can score but it would mean we missed on A LOT of candidates. I will tell you that the one person OM fans do not want us to hire is Jeff Lebby. They realize he knows how Lane operates, his tendencies, how he uses the portal, etc. Now, saying all that, you have to be ready for the media firestorm when you hire Lebby because Briles would be visible and that would cause all sorts of drama and bad press that we may not need to bring on a 1st time 1st year HC. I just do not know if we want to bring that all upon our program, especially for a 1st time HC. I mean if Lebby had Briles resume then yea it may be worth the risk, but do we really want to bring all that for a gamble hire.

Turfdawg67
11-18-2023, 10:04 AM
All this pearl clutching is just so typical of the Mitippy Tate way. Wake the 17 up folks. This has become a zero sum game that is driven by ESPN/ABC Disney. They will dictate what when and where for the foreseeable future in college athletics. We have a product to put on the field that sells or not. If we don?t we?re out period. Get used to it.

It's not pearl clutching if people don't want a low life POS as our coach.

Santiago
11-18-2023, 10:10 AM

Is OU being "poor ole OU" for being adamant that Briles is not to be on their sidelines? No, it is realizing they want no part of a guy that brought in and concealed violence and rape on his campus.

Homedawg
11-18-2023, 10:36 AM
I don't count the 8 per year going forward as coming out of that fund. The 8 per year to our new coach is just out of the normal budget.

Well we aren't spending anywhere near the number given on buyouts. Not remotely close.

Tater
11-18-2023, 11:16 AM
So many people in this thread don't want to blame Lebby for what his "father in law did" when Lebby was there and complicit.

Those same people also wants to attribute Lenny's with what his father in law did for his potential success when Lebby wasn't there for all of it.

And then further a subsection is saying in the same sentence that it wasn't Lebby, it was Art, but let's have Art on campus anyways.

Disgusting. The dude is mediocre. This isn't a Nick Saban hire. This is a guy with a similar maybe worse resume than Joe Moorhead.

StarkVegasSteve
11-18-2023, 04:17 PM
So many people in this thread don't want to blame Lebby for what his "father in law did" when Lebby was there and complicit.

Those same people also wants to attribute Lenny's with what his father in law did for his potential success when Lebby wasn't there for all of it.

And then further a subsection is saying in the same sentence that it wasn't Lebby, it was Art, but let's have Art on campus anyways.

Disgusting. The dude is mediocre. This isn't a Nick Saban hire. This is a guy with a similar maybe worse resume than Joe Moorhead.

That is kind of where I am at. If Lebby had the resume of Art Briles I would be more willing to take the gamble, but he would be a first time HC. Why place that much of a risk and that much of a potential media shit storm for a first time HC

FISHDAWG
11-18-2023, 04:30 PM

As I tread the stairway to heaven while being comfortably numb

DownwardDawg
11-18-2023, 05:29 PM
I don't hold what Briles did against lebby.

But i do hold lebby teaponaible for bringing Briles on the field after OK specifically told him not to per Castiglione.

Yes. Extremely childish and petty. But hell, I'm ready to win some football games. Whoever it is. Get it done.

memsu06
11-18-2023, 06:05 PM
Arizona is 8-3 now after knocking off Utah.

Their coach used the transfer portal quite well.

DownwardDawg
11-18-2023, 06:26 PM
Arizona is 8-3 now after knocking off Utah.

Their coach used the transfer portal quite well.

I like him.

bobtail bob
11-18-2023, 06:27 PM
Lebb would be another disaster. Its time to quit being cheap and go get someone that can turn this thing around. Or keep being a doormat

Quaoarsking
11-18-2023, 06:33 PM

Willingly associating our program with Art Briles is the quickest way for us to stop having a "product that sells." I think some of you just don't grasp how cancerous he would be to recruiting, donations, fan interest, etc., and he would be bringing down the whole university, not just the football program.

OhGee
11-18-2023, 06:54 PM
I was told Briles has been in the conversation since before ZA was fired.

Todd4State
11-18-2023, 06:58 PM
Willingly associating our program with Art Briles is the quickest way for us to stop having a "product that sells." I think some of you just don't grasp how cancerous he would be to recruiting, donations, fan interest, etc., and he would be bringing down the whole university, not just the football program.

Ole Miss and Auburn seem to get away with it OK.

Really Clark?
11-18-2023, 06:58 PM
I was told Briles has been in the conversation since before ZA was fired.

Which Briles?

Quaoarsking
11-18-2023, 07:02 PM
Ole Miss and Auburn seem to get away with it OK.

No one that either of those schools has hired has been anywhere near as bad as Briles. I mean, yes, Chris Beard is a piece of shit, but Briles is on a tier by himself.

Even those 2 programs would have a fan revolt if they tried to hire him

Coach34
11-18-2023, 07:10 PM
No one that either of those schools has hired has been anywhere near as bad as Briles. I mean, yes, Chris Beard is a piece of shit, but Briles is on a tier by himself.

Even those 2 programs would have a fan revolt if they tried to hire him

nobody is saying to hire Briles.

Quaoarsking
11-18-2023, 07:18 PM
nobody is saying to hire Briles.

Nobody in the decision-makers, sure. But there are several posters here (including you, right?) who have advocated for it, either under the mistaken impression that he wasn't actually guilty after all, or else not thinking what he did was all that bad in the first place.

DownwardDawg
11-18-2023, 07:21 PM
Can't wait until next Friday when we start getting down to discussing real candidates. It's close now.

Coach34
11-18-2023, 07:36 PM
Nobody in the decision-makers, sure. But there are several posters here (including you, right?) who have advocated for it, either under the mistaken impression that he wasn't actually guilty after all, or else not thinking what he did was all that bad in the first place.

No- I said I would be fine with Lebby if we miss on some HC's because of him having Briles as someone to lean for advice and such as a 1st time HC. He could have an office and watch film and shit to help Lebby gameplan and what not. Be close to his grand kids. Doesnt mean we have to hire him

Coursesuper
11-18-2023, 07:47 PM
No- I said I would be fine with Lebby if we miss on some HC's because of him having Briles as someone to lean for advice and such as a 1st time HC. He could have an office and watch film and shit to help Lebby gameplan and what not. Be close to his grand kids. Doesnt mean we have to hire him

We have so many that only see things as they want to. They lack the understanding of what exactly is and have no idea how far the other institutions in our league will go to get and stay on, or near the top of the conference.

Quaoarsking
11-18-2023, 08:09 PM

If he has an office on campus, that means he's hired.

Briles should not be on our campus in any capacity other than a fan sitting in the stands. (And even that is just because we can't really police that.)

TrapGame
11-18-2023, 08:17 PM
Can't wait until next Friday when we start getting down to discussing real candidates. It's close now.

I'm hoping there's some serious smoke going on b/c the list of possible candidates now is getting a little lackluster.

We better have some backroom, behind the curtain shit going on b/c if we wind up with Jeff Lebby as our next head coach, WE FAILED BIG TIME.

I'd rather have Dan Mullen back over Lebby.

Coach34
11-18-2023, 08:48 PM
If he has an office on campus, that means he's hired.)

Well that's just 100% false. You can create on office for someone and not pay them a dime. Apparently you havent watched Office Space.

Coach34
11-18-2023, 08:49 PM
I'm hoping there's some serious smoke going on b/c the list of possible candidates now is getting a little lackluster.

We better have some backroom, behind the curtain shit going on b/c if we wind up with Jeff Lebby as our next head coach, WE FAILED BIG TIME.

Lebby is on down the line. We are certainly focused on other targets that are HC's

BuckyIsAB****
11-18-2023, 08:50 PM

If we end up with Lebby we didnt do a national search

StarkVegasSteve
11-18-2023, 08:54 PM

A lot of it is just that the coaches we are looking at are still coaching. The interview process cannot officially start until they are done with the regular season. And even then you will probably have to wait an additional week on a guy like Jamey Chadwell or a coach that is coaching in a conference championship game. Does not mean you cannot be talking to his agent but their is never going to be much noise about that. The only agent who is really out there about making sure media guys know his client is getting an interview is Jimmy Sexton.