PDA

View Full Version : Coach hire timing

CaptainObvious
11-14-2023, 09:25 AM
I don?t think Selmon will hire a coach that we have to wait until after Bowl Season to Name. Which lends itself to a coordinator who would be willing to leave his current gig early or okay with it being announced while he is still. Working for his current team, or a guy who is not currently coaching. The third option would be a coach whose team isn?t going to be in post season play this year. Is that someone we would want? Doubtful.

StarkVegasSteve
11-14-2023, 09:27 AM
I don?t think Selmon will hire a coach that we have to wait until after Bowl Season to Name. Which lends itself to a coordinator who would be willing to leave his current gig early or okay with it being announced while he is still. Working for his current team, or a guy who is not currently coaching. The third option would be a coach whose team isn?t going to be in post season play this year. Is that someone we would want? Doubtful.

Or it will be like every other coaching hire and the coach just will not coach the bowl game. That is what happens literally 99% of the time.

Charlie_Sheen420
11-14-2023, 10:39 AM
Or it will be like every other coaching hire and the coach just will not coach the bowl game. That is what happens literally 99% of the time.
I think it is hilarious we all can see that including myself but someone with the name CaptainObvious cannot see that haha
Selmon would not have fired Arnett this soon if that was the plan the whole purpose of this timing is to get someone locked now, announced after the Egg Bowl and try to salvage as much of the roster and class as possible

CaptainObvious
11-14-2023, 02:26 PM
I think it is hilarious we all can see that including myself but someone with the name CaptainObvious cannot see that haha
Selmon would not have fired Arnett this soon if that was the plan the whole purpose of this timing is to get someone locked now, announced after the Egg Bowl and try to salvage as much of the roster and class as possible

Obviously!

Quaoarsking
11-14-2023, 03:49 PM
IF it's Chadwell, it won't be until at least December 2, since Liberty is playing in the CUSA Championship Game on 12/1.

defiantdog
11-14-2023, 05:03 PM
Doesn't Scooba have a post for people to fix the "?" In punctuations?

ScoobaDawg
11-14-2023, 06:28 PM
Doesn't Scooba have a post for people to fix the "?" In punctuations?

Yep... but for years people don't read it. Silly iphone users.

MrCoachKlein
11-14-2023, 06:32 PM

If everyone just sold their iPhone and bought an android with better specs for $300 we'd have a lot of NIL money*

Maverick91
11-14-2023, 07:32 PM

Lol that's me. I wasn't reading that whole thing. But darn happy I read this thread because now I don't have to deal with stupid question marks.