Special Ed
Rich Rod
Hud
Kingsbury
Mullen
Petrino
Art Briles
Joe Judge

It will not be an NFL guy... with the portal and early signing day, you can't wait until Jan or later for a coach.

It will not be a DC and almost no chance of being an OC (Lebby's a remote possibility on due to the OU connection).

Chadwell will be our number one candidate, I don't know if he will come for what we will pay him.

Jeff Traylor is who I think it will be.

TrapGame
11-14-2023, 09:13 AM
You left off Malzahn.

If I had to bet on a coach, I think it will be one of the following: Chadwell, Traylor, Herman or Fritz.

I believe it's going to be one of those four.

Cooterpoot
11-14-2023, 09:17 AM
I don't believe Chadwell is our top guy. But he is up there. His offense is going to cause pause but he's a winner.
I still believe we hire a top P5 coordinator or a G5 HC.
Schumann, Kinne, Lebby, Briles, Golesh, etc. seem more realistic. But if Chadwell falls in your lap you probably take him.
I'd love to have Lashlee but that's tough to pull.

Cooterpoot
11-14-2023, 09:19 AM
You left off Malzahn.

If I had to bet on a coach, I think it will be one of the following: Chadwell, Traylor, Herman or Fritz.

I believe it's going to be one of those four.

You can probably scratch Traylor, Herman, & Fritz.

Jacknut
11-14-2023, 09:20 AM
I just don't want a coordinator hire. I want a winning P5 head coach. JoeMo and Arnett have scarred me.

BankerDog
11-14-2023, 09:20 AM
I don't believe Chadwell is our top guy. But he is up there. His offense is going to cause pause but he's a winner.
Schumann, Kinne, Lebby, Briles, Golesh, etc. seem more realistic. But if Chadwell falls in your lap you probably take him.

Sell me on Golesh. He is 4-5 this year at USF. Had one good run at UT with a 6 year QB in Hooker.

StarkVegasSteve
11-14-2023, 09:26 AM
I just don't want a coordinator hire. I want a winning P5 head coach. JoeMo and Arnett have scarred me.

Then you are probably going to be disappointed. Pulling a sitting P5 HC is damn near impossible if you are not a blue blood in the sport.

Cooterpoot
11-14-2023, 09:26 AM

UGA hired an asst
TX hired an asst
OK hired an asst
TN hired a G5
FL hired a G5
MO hired a G5
SC hired an asst
OM hired a G5

See where I'm going?

Really Clark?
11-14-2023, 09:27 AM

There are so few of those and the ability to get one really limits you. You have to cast a wider net than that.

viverlibre
11-14-2023, 09:30 AM

JoMo and Arnett were such disasters that it will make our money guys skittish on coordiantors. Lebby is the only coordinator in play and that's due to his OU connection.

We will hire a sitting HC, just can't take the chance on a coordinator.

Fritz would be very underwhelming, so that who we will probably hire.

TrapGame
11-14-2023, 09:33 AM

Then we're ****ed.

viverlibre
11-14-2023, 09:34 AM
UGA hired an asst
TX hired an asst
OK hired an asst
TN hired a G5
FL hired a G5
MO hired a G5
SC hired an asst
OM hired a G5

See where I'm going?

You do realize Sark was HC at Washington and USC (for like a total of 7 years)?

confucius say
11-14-2023, 09:37 AM

Lashlee buyout and current salary?

defiantdog
11-14-2023, 09:38 AM
UGA hired an asst
TX hired an asst
OK hired an asst
TN hired a G5
FL hired a G5
MO hired a G5
SC hired an asst
OM hired a G5

See where I'm going?
OM hired a G5? Tennessee, USCw, and the Oakland Raiders are G5?! News to me

gtowndawg
11-14-2023, 09:38 AM
You do realize Sark was HC at Washington and USC (for like a total of 7 years)?

Yeah, technically he and Lane would be in the retread category.

Really Clark?
11-14-2023, 09:39 AM
Lashlee buyout and current salary?

Don't know, they are private. Salary is speculated to be around $3 MIL with a good bump expected after the season.

viverlibre
11-14-2023, 09:59 AM
Don't know, they are private. Salary is speculated to be around $3 MIL with a good bump expected after the season.

I hearing they have tons of money and are serious about football, so we may not be able to pull him.

Really Clark?
11-14-2023, 10:08 AM
I hearing they have tons of money and are serious about football, so we may not be able to pull him.

Tons is selling them short. As I stated in another thread we won't buy him away from SMU, they can match as much as they choose too.