PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting on Louisiana

cheewgumm
12-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Is it just me or are we recruiting Louisiana even more this year? Seems like we' be offered a bunch of Louisiana guys. We' be obviously had success( dak, day, etc) so I'm thrilled with the strategy.

Thoughts?

Political Hack
12-05-2013, 10:51 AM
keep pounding it and keep A&M the hell out of it.

cheewgumm
12-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Should be "in".

CadaverDawg
12-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Dak, Damien, Dillon Day, Josh Robinson, Derrick Milton, Quadry Antoine, Ryan Brown, Torrey Dale, Shelby Christy.

If we can pick up a few from LA, AL, and a few out of the combination of GA/FL/TN each year to combine with MS guys...we can continue adding SEC talent.

rbdog82
12-05-2013, 11:09 AM
Dak, Damien, Dillon Day, Josh Robinson, Derrick Milton, Quadry Antoine, Ryan Brown, Torrey Dale, Shelby Christy.

If we can pick up a few from LA, AL, and a few out of the combination of GA/FL/TN each year to combine with MS guys...we can continue adding SEC talent.

I'm sure most of y'all saw Antoine's high school tape. He hits like Nickoe did during his freshman year. He might be good for a 15yd penalty every game, but he will make it worth it by knocking the life out of someone.

thedawg
12-05-2013, 11:36 AM
Have had big time success there... Only one school there and LSU cant get them all. We used to have that approach with Georgia but Florida and Tennessee kind of drove us out. We need to mantain the momentum there and as it was already said keep A&M out.

Goat Holder
12-05-2013, 12:17 PM
Louisiana is a big key to success. Big talent and LSU can't take them all. Other schools around the country in talent-devoid areas don't come there like they do South Florida, Houston, LA or Atlanta.

Pollodawg
12-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Exactly. I am more than happy be to the little fish eating what falls out of the Great White that is LSU's mouth here. There's so much talent in Louisiana, that even the smaller programs field tough teams, a la La Tech.

CadaverDawg
12-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Exactly. I am more than happy be to the little fish eating what falls out of the Great White that is LSU's mouth here. There's so much talent in Louisiana, that even the smaller programs field tough teams, a la La Tech.

Yep. And I'm really starting to love our recruiting strategy. Get a few key cogs in each unit like Chris Jones, Shumpert, Redmond, Dak...and plug in as many other studs as possible. THEN get the lunch pail guys that are high 3 star underrated guys that will give the opponent hell for 4 quarters every game. You can be successful with that strategy.

Think about it....We haven't had a truly great class lately, yet we have 4 and 5 star players sprinkled in every unit on the field, and high 3 star and diamond in the rough players everywhere else. Our two deep is better across the board right now than it has ever been. And yes,I'm including the Sherrill years.

Coach34
12-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Next year rivals 99 as the best team we have ever had to me

Pollodawg
12-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Next year rivals 99 as the best team we have ever had to me

Oh, hell yeah. With the big time targets coming back and our QB of the future for two more seasons. We lose Whitley, and that will hurt on D, but we'll be ok. I think we are as talented now as we have ever been, and we are getting better every game. That 4th and ten pass that Dak blasted to Bear Wilson would have bee a drop earlier in the season. That throw and catch were both hella clutch. Just think what 15 more practices this season will do for Wilson and Shumpert......

NCDawg
12-05-2013, 01:07 PM
I'm sure most of y'all saw Antoine's high school tape. He hits like Nickoe did during his freshman year. He might be good for a 15yd penalty every game, but he will make it worth it by knocking the life out of someone.

So why didn't he play any this year? Was he injured?

thedawg
12-05-2013, 01:11 PM
Hes suspect in coverage at this point. He is a big time big time hitter but a tweener. Not big enough for linebacker and we are loaded at linebacker. Its still way early so he certainly has a chance but hes gonna have to work on his coverage. You take a few of these guys every year. Some times they Kendrick Market sometimes they are just really good special teams guys. Either way they have value

Jack Lambert
12-05-2013, 01:32 PM
This is how Ole Miss had such a highly signning class last year. Sign a few nobodys this year and hopfully they are buddies or brothers with a 4 or 5 star.

RougeDawg
12-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Oh, hell yeah. With the big time targets coming back and our QB of the future for two more seasons. We lose Whitley, and that will hurt on D, but we'll be ok. I think we are as talented now as we have ever been, and we are getting better every game. That 4th and ten pass that Dak blasted to Bear Wilson would have bee a drop earlier in the season. That throw and catch were both hella clutch. Just think what 15 more practices this season will do for Wilson and Shumpert......

Let me add that Dak should get an entire spring of prep wor(K)m this year. Many forget that he did not start practicing with the team until fall camp started this year. All of these things should add up to something special in 2014 and beyond.

CadaverDawg
12-05-2013, 02:48 PM
Let me add that Dak should get an entire spring of prep worm this year. Many forget that he did not start practicing with the team until fall camp started this year. All of these things should add up to something special in 2014 and beyond.

Is "prep worm" going to make him ill?**

Just kidding. Great post and I agree completely. Cant wait to see how he looks next season.

RougeDawg
12-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Is "prep worm" going to make him ill?**

Just kidding. Great post and I agree completely. Cant wait to see how he looks next season.

My bad, the iPhone always does that shit. Keeps turning my ****s into ducks as well.

CadaverDawg
12-05-2013, 03:17 PM
My bad, the iPhone always does that shit. Keeps turning my ****s into ducks as well.

Haha +1

bulldawg28
12-05-2013, 04:28 PM
I'm glad you guys are finally seeing the light.