PDA

View Full Version : Who is the booster or staff member

Dawgology
11-13-2023, 08:24 PM
that convinced Arnett to pull the plug on the air raid and try a complete 180 while firing all the offensive staff? That person needs to be kept OUT of the hiring of the next head football coach at State.

Maverick91
11-13-2023, 09:40 PM
This cannot be emphasized enough! There is a lot of cud that needs to be chewed out of this program.

BlackSailsDawg
11-13-2023, 09:43 PM
that convinced Arnett to pull the plug on the air raid and try a complete 180 while firing all the offensive staff? That person needs to be kept OUT of the hiring of the next head football coach at State.

Yep! They need to sit this one out.

Homedawg
11-13-2023, 09:56 PM

Um. Arnett. He didn't think defending leach was difficult. Thought you had to run the ball more. Which I agree with. There was only one guy on offense who would have come back and that was Mason. The other two were gone. Spurrier was a jack ass anyway, brought nothing to recruiting and wasn't a gosh position coach either.
Eta, I get amused that people think a booster has the power to tell a coach what system to run. People believe anything. I can just see our influential basketball guys telling Jan's what to do.... he'd tell them to F off so fast.... after he laughed in their face.

Dawgology
11-13-2023, 11:15 PM
Um. Arnett. He didn't think defending leach was difficult. Thought you had to run the ball more. Which I agree with. There was only one guy on offense who would have come back and that was Mason. The other two were gone. Spurrier was a jack ass anyway, brought nothing to recruiting and wasn't a gosh position coach either.
Eta, I get amused that people think a booster has the power to tell a coach what system to run. People believe anything. I can just see our influential basketball guys telling Jan's what to do.... he'd tell them to F off so fast.... after he laughed in their face.

Well…I had a whole reply written out but it’s pointless. Just believe what you will. It’ll make you a happier person in the long run not knowing some things.

Todd4State
11-14-2023, 12:14 AM

Then Arnett absolutely got everything that he deserved. Trying to run that offense with Air Raid personnel was as dumb as Moorhead trying to run his offense with power spread personnel.

Todd4State
11-14-2023, 12:17 AM

I'm not sure that the boosters wanted to do anything more than tweak the offense for the most part- not blow it up completely. It was the people that they put in charge and trusted to run the program that did so.

dawgday166
11-14-2023, 12:23 AM
Then Arnett absolutely got everything that he deserved. Trying to run that offense with Air Raid personnel was as dumb as Moorhead trying to run his offense with power spread personnel.

I'm not sure that the boosters wanted to do anything more than tweak the offense for the most part- not blow it up completely. It was the people that they put in charge and trusted to run the program that did so.

Matt Wyatt was tearing it up today about this. And about the coaching and the apathy of the team too.

Ultimately it falls on Zach. Maybe he listened to bad advice, maybe he just decided to make all these changes himself. Either way the toughness and conditioning program along with everything else has been blown up. This staff can't exit the campus fast enough IMO.

Todd4State
11-14-2023, 12:25 AM
Matt Wyatt was tearing it up today about this. And about the coaching and the apathy of the team too.

Ultimately it falls on Zach. Maybe he listened to bad advice, maybe he just decided to make all these changes himself. Either way the toughness and conditioning program along with everything else has been blown up. This staff can't exit the campus fast enough IMO.

I need to listen to it for sure.