PDA

View Full Version : Let this be a lesson to all you hard headed stuck in the past ...

99jc
11-13-2023, 06:44 PM
17ers! those who say we can't fire someone this fast are ignorant! We could not afford to let this coaching staff take us down any further! Anyone who makes this statement or says poor ole MSU cant compete can STFU!

HoopsDawg
11-13-2023, 10:33 PM
17ers! those who say we can't fire someone this fast are ignorant! We could not afford to let this coaching staff take us down any further! Anyone who makes this statement or says poor ole MSU cant compete can STFU!

I wish I could remember all the posters that said there was no way we would fire Arnett after 1 year. I know Homedawg wanted us to wait until the season was over.

cheewgumm
11-13-2023, 10:44 PM
I don?t know if I said it but I would probably not fire him after one year.

If Arnett had the 2018 team, he would have won 10 games minimum.

People acting like he is worse than Moorhead or Croom are delusional.

Our talent isn?t there.

Jeb Busch Lite
11-13-2023, 11:02 PM
Oh come on. This team was our most talented team since 2018 and had the opportunity to do great things with its returning starters, a weak SEC, and 8 home games.

Offense was a cluster from day 1, defense has been 2016 bad, and we are last (behind Vandy) in recruiting. Arnett was placed in a tough situation, sure, but don?t kid yourself. It has been a shit show and a change was needed.

Quaoarsking
11-13-2023, 11:06 PM
I don?t know if I said it but I would probably not fire him after one year.

If Arnett had the 2018 team, he would have won 10 games minimum.

People acting like he is worse than Moorhead or Croom are delusional.

Our talent isn?t there.

I don't know - Arnett is very lucky to be 4-6 instead of 2-8 right now (Arizona and Arkansas), when any competent coach would have us at least 6-4 if not 7-3 or better. South Carolina, Auburn, and Kentucky were all beatable.

MaroonFlounder
11-13-2023, 11:11 PM
Now we have to finish the deal and make a home run hire.

If we choke this opportunity, we deserve to be the bottom-feeders that the experts claim we are.

Coach34
11-13-2023, 11:18 PM
Oh come on. This team was our most talented team since 2018 and had the opportunity to do great things with its returning starters, a weak SEC, and 8 home games.

What???

We wont have anybody drafted for the first time in 14 years- that is the opposite of talent
We only returned 12 starters. Lost 7 on D that were warriors.
Our starting QB got hurt in the middle of the season and has missed 4 games

5 SEC teams in the Top 15 isnt what I call weak. 7 of 15 if you add Tex and Oklahoma who will be here next year

bulldawg28
11-13-2023, 11:39 PM
What???

We wont have anybody drafted for the first time in 14 years- that is the opposite of talent

5 SEC teams in the Top 15 isnt what I call weak. 7 of 15 if you add Tex and Oklahoma who will be here next year

I think Bookie and Crumedy get drafted.

dawgday166
11-13-2023, 11:57 PM
delete

Todd4State
11-14-2023, 12:19 AM
I don't know - Arnett is very lucky to be 4-6 instead of 2-8 right now (Arizona and Arkansas), when any competent coach would have us at least 6-4 if not 7-3 or better. South Carolina, Auburn, and Kentucky were all beatable.

Absolutely. We beat Arizona without having a scoring drive over 50 yards. And we beat Arkansas scoring 7 points.

Todd4State
11-14-2023, 12:19 AM

Offense was a cluster from day 1, defense has been 2016 bad, and we are last (behind Vandy) in recruiting. Arnett was placed in a tough situation, sure, but don?t kid yourself. It has been a shit show and a change was needed.

Yep.

dawgday166
11-14-2023, 12:28 AM

Yep ... We should've beaten all three of them. They're all very terrible this year.

Lord McBuckethead
11-14-2023, 02:22 AM
And he isn?t getting new talent. So?.

basedog
11-14-2023, 07:55 AM
What???

The one big thing you keep leaving out, we were and are poorly coached. It has been awful and the worse staff maybe ever! I will be honest; I was surprised at Arnett and his inability to be prepared for a HC job. He wasn't even the same on the sideline. I wish him well and success, I think he listened to the wrong guys and advice, it's obvious. It's easy to say and see it was a bad hire.

Pancho
11-14-2023, 08:00 AM
Are all these assistants now going to suddenly be revived and upbeat and motivate and coach differently now that Knox is in charge? Maybe the assistants were as turned off by Arnett and his style as the players.

Jeb Busch Lite
11-14-2023, 08:23 AM
What???

The returning core leadership is what I was referencing. A starting quarterback who has been there since Covid year, starting receivers aside from RaRa, 2 SEC leading tacklers, and what was supposed to be a very veteran O line. I believe you yourself said this team had the roster to win 9 before the season started. I agreed with you

That same starting QB that, fair or not, half our fan base was calling to be pulled because of his lack of production in this new cluster of an offense?

Rankings are relative to each year. It?s hard to deny the SEC is going through a down year this year. Bama is great, but the most beatable they have been since 2010 arguably, did not expect to win but a well coached team keeps that competitive. It was not. LSU can?t stop anybody and we didn?t have a pulse from the first drive on, Auburn hasTyson Lee reincarnate under center and we made him look like Peyton Manning. Again, not competitive. Blasted by an average Kentucky game at homecoming. And last but not least, a 50 piece hung on us by a sitting duck coach and a 3rd string quarterback.

Oklahoma/Texas has no bearing on the strength of the SEC this year, so I dont know why that was even brought up.

BrunswickDawg
11-14-2023, 08:38 AM
starting receivers aside from RaRa,

Not to nit pick - but this part is something that needs a hard look.
We lost 5 of our top 10 producers in reception yards from 2022 - RaRa, Rufus and Ducking were 3 of the top 4. Walley (#5) has been a non-factor. Austin Williams (#7) and his 15 years on the roster and clutch 1st down catching abilities are sorely missed. And we miss DJ doubly (in the back field and on the swing pass - #9 in receiving yards). Understanding that we went away from the Air Raid - but losing those guys was 2,675 yards of production we didn't replace.

R2Dawg
11-14-2023, 09:03 AM

Talent dropoff been drastic since 2018 but I this year is even worse. We can't even compete in a weak SEC this year. UGA, Bama, Mizz are good. OM, LSU, TAMU are OK but that is against the backdrop of the rest of the SEC that is just plain trash.

R2Dawg
11-14-2023, 09:05 AM
The returning core leadership is what I was referencing. A starting quarterback who has been there since Covid year, starting receivers aside from RaRa, 2 SEC leading tacklers, and what was supposed to be a very veteran O line. I believe you yourself said this team had the roster to win 9 before the season started. I agreed with you

That same starting QB that, fair or not, half our fan base was calling to be pulled because of his lack of production in this new cluster of an offense?

Rankings are relative to each year. It?s hard to deny the SEC is going through a down year this year. Bama is great, but the most beatable they have been since 2010 arguably, did not expect to win but a well coached team keeps that competitive. It was not. LSU can?t stop anybody and we didn?t have a pulse from the first drive on, Auburn hasTyson Lee reincarnate under center and we made him look like Peyton Manning. Again, not competitive. Blasted by an average Kentucky game at homecoming. And last but not least, a 50 piece hung on us by a sitting duck coach and a 3rd string quarterback.

Oklahoma/Texas has no bearing on the strength of the SEC this year, so I dont know why that was even brought up.

Look Jet and Bookie are good but the reason they are top tacklers is they get plenty of opportunities as our D rarely stops anyone. Most tackles is a tricky metric. Vandy always has a top tackling LB too for a reason. Their O sucks and their D stays on the field all the time. That is us the past several years.

gtowndawg
11-14-2023, 10:00 AM
According to mt teenage sons the term is "old heads" ... carry on.

defiantdog
11-14-2023, 10:13 AM
According to mt teenage sons the term is "old heads" ... carry on.
You're doing too much bruh. Don't be so mid*****

Exactly how my oldest talks.

sandjunky
11-14-2023, 11:38 AM
You're doing too much bruh. Don't be so mid*****

Exactly how my oldest talks.

I?m sorry you are having to endure that $hit

Mine know better - I?ll embarrass the h3ll out them if they don?t talk normal

R2Dawg
11-14-2023, 12:26 PM

I agree in principal this time for sure. This was a special circumstance and I believe CZA was even told this was an interim one year opportunity and extension would be based on how year went.

But no need for the hostility toward Bulldog fanbase.

BuckyIsAB****
11-14-2023, 01:45 PM
The goalposts moved by miles once the tuff guys turned out to be carpet baggers

Coach34
11-14-2023, 01:45 PM
I think Bookie and Crumedy get drafted.

Wheat went undrafted- and after pro days and such- I dont think Watson will either

Crumedy is not in any top 50 at his position I've seen- this one has him at 76

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Jaden-Crumedy-DT-MississippiState