PDA

View Full Version : Question for the board - Does Selmon already have his coach?

HancockCountyDog
11-13-2023, 04:48 PM
Normally the rule is you don't fire a coach unless you know who your next coach is. I don't think that is the case here, does anyone think Selmon knows who he is hiring?

Really Clark?
11-13-2023, 04:50 PM
Not yet

TrapGame
11-13-2023, 04:52 PM
No, we would have gotten some hints from a few posters if he had locked down a coach.

Right now Homedawg is telling us that we probably won't get a coach with half the resume of Matt Campbell. That tells me there is not front runner and we are not getting good feedback on the job. We are probably going to wind up with Jeff Lebby.

gtowndawg
11-13-2023, 05:03 PM
If history is an indicator, the coach will be someone we're not talking much about. Ex: Leach coming out of left field.

HancockCountyDog
11-13-2023, 05:05 PM
If history is an indicator, the coach will be someone we're not talking much about. Ex: Leach coming out of left field.

Yeah - but even then, the word on the street was that Cohen had a handshake deal with Joe Judge. Then Judge got offered a truckload by the Giants and then everything went from. Several people close to the situation fully believed that Cohen had a deal in place with Judge and the Giants screwed it all up.

Coursesuper
11-13-2023, 05:05 PM
Not yet

Nope, but I don?t the the list is a long today as it was a couple days ago.

confucius say
11-13-2023, 05:11 PM
No imo

basedog
11-13-2023, 05:28 PM
No need to get excited or pound sand. No telling who is interested or Selmon's list.
I will say we are not next to the bottom on NIL money. Heard some interesting things today.

Bothrops
11-13-2023, 05:34 PM
I will say we are not next to the bottom on NIL money.

But at the bottom instead?

Really Clark?
11-13-2023, 05:36 PM

No

basedog
11-13-2023, 05:47 PM

Far from bottom. Middle of pack. Most of NIL money used last year are for players who are now seniors or ones who could have left.
Money that was raised in one day is amazing.

gtowndawg
11-13-2023, 05:52 PM
Far from bottom. Middle of pack. Most of NIL money used last year are for players who are now seniors or ones who could have left.
Money that was raised in one day is amazing.

Get an exciting coach and the NIL will increase.

Jacknut
11-13-2023, 06:07 PM
I'm sure he has a list - all ADs do. Probably "under the table" talking to agents right now. If the search has gone well, we'll have a coach shortly after Thanksgiving. The longer it takes after that we may be going down the list to other choices. JMHO.

EdwardDrayton
11-13-2023, 06:30 PM
Being circulated with much anticipation .:............

Reports are Nick Saban has shown great interest in the Mississippi State head coach vacancy. Saban is rumored to be bringing Kirby Smart in as DC and in what would be considered a lateral move OM head coach Lane Kiffin will be joining the staff as an offensive analyst.