PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Arnett!

Maverick91
11-13-2023, 02:02 PM
Truly from the bottom of my heart I do appreciate your time here at State. I loved your fire, I loved your defense, I loved attitude, I loved that you seemed like a State guy. I do greatly appreciate your time here as a DC! I wish you only blessing in your next endeavor and hope and pray that you will think fondly of your time here.

I wish with everything in me that you could have succeeded as a head coach. It didn?t, thank you again for the time and well wishes!

ZedFedder
11-13-2023, 02:03 PM
In time, Arnett will be remembered fondly here. He was a great DC. It just was not the right time in his career for him to be a HC.

memsu06
11-13-2023, 02:15 PM
I really wish him the best. I loved his defense, and you could see in several games after the first 1 or 2 drives he figured out what they were doing and shut it down.

He's one of the best when it comes to in game adjustments.

I'd be perfectly fine with him back as DC.

Commercecomet24
11-13-2023, 06:36 PM
I wish Arnett nothing but the best. He was a great dc for us and his defense is one of the main reasons we had so much success the last few years. He also handled the players after CML death and managed to keep woody, Will, tulu and zavion and others from bolting and held our class together. He wasn?t ready to be a HC but he?s a good guy and he did good for us while he was here. Hate it didn?t work out for him, he loved Starkville and Mississippi but sometimes things just don?t work out like you want. Good luck in the future CZA!

msudawg1200
11-13-2023, 06:43 PM
I love Arnett the DC. Arnett the HC can pound sand.

lastmajordog
11-13-2023, 07:43 PM
I remember him fondly now, he actually created several wins for CML. I really wish he would have been given an interim Head Coach tag, and then slide back into DC and assistant HC slot. I truly believe a lot of the haters on here will see him again across the sidelines in a beat down of the DOGS. TY Coach ZA, TY and best of luck......except against the DOGS. You are a true DOG.......safe travels.

ScooterDog
11-13-2023, 07:44 PM
Mr. Arnett you my utmost respect and we appreciate everything you have done and tried to for MSU.

EdwardDrayton
11-13-2023, 10:29 PM
I remember him fondly now, he actually created several wins for CML. I really wish he would have been given an interim Head Coach tag, and then slide back into DC and assistant HC slot. I truly believe a lot of the haters on here will see him again across the sidelines in a beat down of the DOGS. TY Coach ZA, TY and best of luck......except against the DOGS. You are a true DOG.......safe travels.

No one hated Zach Arnett. He just wasn't quite ready to be a head coach.

Homedawg
11-13-2023, 10:31 PM
No one hated Zach Arnett. He just wasn't quite ready to be a head coach.

That's fair

viverlibre
11-13-2023, 10:32 PM
He was thrust into a role he wasn't prepared for and failed biggly. I don't blame him, I'd taken it to. His failure is on Keenum. As he has made several million off us, I don't feel sorry for him though.

confucius say
11-13-2023, 11:32 PM
I hate that it didn't work out. I like him a lot.
Nothing but good vibes and well wishes.
It sucks to be in this situation.

NCMSTFAN
11-14-2023, 10:21 AM
Good luck to Arnett, we get so wrapped up in wanting to win that we tend to forget he is human just like the rest of us and wanted to win probably more than us fans. He is a great defensive coordinator and will find a good home somewhere, hopefully its not in the SEC because I don't want to face him.

gtowndawg
11-14-2023, 10:41 AM
After it's all said and done, I will remember Arnett for the goal line stand against Arkansas in 2022. That was true fired up Arnett.

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video_thumb/FzFOvACaUAAitwu.jpg

Lord McBuckethead
11-14-2023, 10:42 AM
I really wish we could retain him as the DC, but I will leave that up to the new coach. I really do like Arnett.

Maverick91
11-14-2023, 11:27 AM
After it's all said and done, I will remember Arnett for the goal line stand against Arkansas in 2022. That was true fired up Arnett.

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video_thumb/FzFOvACaUAAitwu.jpg

That was so good!

schddog72
11-14-2023, 05:55 PM
I really wish we could retain him as the DC, but I will leave that up to the new coach. I really do like Arnett.

This is beyond wishful thinking. Realistically, it could NEVER happen. The new HC (whoever it turns out to be) would automatically be warry (and rightfully so) of divided loyalties within the players room. Just would never work.

Offshore Dawg
11-15-2023, 08:12 AM
It is good that most posters can separate the man from the situation he was put in.