PDA

View Full Version : Mullen will get a call

Matt3467
11-13-2023, 01:35 PM
No way he doesn't and him coming back isn't as far fetched as some think it is. He's on the candidate board for most every site I've seen (Athlon, Clarion, CBS, SDS, 247, ON3) plus talking heads mentioning him and State (Barrett Sallee.) Apparently he still loves and talks highly about Starkville. He's proven he can win here. At the very least I hope he gets a look.

Cowbell
11-13-2023, 01:37 PM
Something a lot of people arent thinking about is there are some NFL players that would pony up to see Mullen back at State.

Quaoarsking
11-13-2023, 01:37 PM
He absolutely deserves a call to gauge his interest.

TheLostDawg
11-13-2023, 01:40 PM
No way he doesn't and him coming back isn't as far fetched as some think it is. He's on the candidate board for most every site I've seen (Athlon, Clarion, CBS, SDS, 247, ON3) plus talking heads mentioning him and State (Barrett Sallee.) Apparently he still loves and talks highly about Starkville. He's proven he can win here. At the very least I hope he gets a look.

I hope we do call him and when he leaves the door hits him. I just don't see why people love him so much. He caused this mess. Imagine where we'd be if he stayed one year. The guy got fired at Florida. Didn't change. Stop with the Mullen. He did good but we can get someone who can do the same. Not hard to reproduce what he had. He never built on anything.

Everyone remembers getting to number one but forgets everything that happened after. It wasn't good by the way.

TheLostDawg
11-13-2023, 01:42 PM
Not to mention pulled our recruits to Florida with him.
Add on the fact he hasn't been recruiting so it'll be up to the staff to pull anyone new to sign this year

msstate7
11-13-2023, 01:43 PM
I hope we do call him and when he leaves the door hits him. I just don't see why people love him so much. He caused this mess. Imagine where we'd be if he stayed one year. The guy got fired at Florida. Didn't change. Stop with the Mullen. He did good but we can get someone who can do the same. Not hard to reproduce what he had. He never built on anything.

Everyone remembers getting to number one but forgets everything that happened after. It wasn't good by the way.

There isn't a guy we can hire that would have great years year-in, year-out

Maverick91
11-13-2023, 01:47 PM
I love being cheated on and when the opportunity to bring in a wonderful much better partner I chose to go back to the cheating hoebag that left me high and dry for greener pastures.

No, gosh no, dangum no, for the love of pizza no!

Bothrops
11-13-2023, 01:47 PM
Mullen's claim to fame was his developmental approach to building a team. How does anybody think that works in the NIL and transfer world?

CaptainObvious
11-13-2023, 01:49 PM
I love being cheated on and when the opportunity to bring in a wonderful much better partner I chose to go back to the cheating hoebag that left me high and dry for greener pastures.

So you would tell Jennifer Lopez to pound sand if she was willing to move back in? 😳😳😳

R2Dawg
11-13-2023, 01:50 PM
I don't really want him back but I understand the temptation.

Another factor now. Mullen didn't like recruiting. Now we have NIL and transfer portal. You have to not only recruit HS but even your own players every year. How is that going to work out? Also DM had issues with DCs.

Quaoarsking

He's a football coach. Analogies to significant others don't work.

I compare him to a coworker. I've had plenty of people who report to me who moved on for what they considered to be a "better" job. But if they were good here and wanted to return, I'd happily rehire.

I'm hesitant to hire Mullen today because I'm not convinced he really wants the job and will fully commit to staying here and winning big. But if he can convince the power brokers of that, he shoots up to #1 on my board.

StarkVegasSteve
Dan is going to get a call. You can like it or not. And Dan may be the hire, again you can like it or not. Dan Mullen is a good football coach and he is a hell of an evaluator and developer of talent and QB coach. And also if he brings the CC back, so be it. I doubt he would bring all of them back, but Hev would probably be coming back. Also on John Hevesy, he is an asshole. No doubt about it. But that asshole fielded some of the best lines in Mississippi State history. And the guys he ?missed on? do not look like huge misses. Scott Lashley was awful and Cole Smith is not much better.

I say all that to say, you can be mad at Dan Mullen. You are well within your right to do it. But he gave us 9 great years and a player that no one will ever forget. If you choose to leave the fans base because Dan Mullen is back then thats ok. Dan?s time showed us we?ll have 50 more to replace you with.

dawgday166
11-13-2023, 02:01 PM
Mullen's claim to fame was his developmental approach to building a team. How does anybody think that works in the NIL and transfer world?

Why do you think it wouldn't work? I think it would work great. Drink is doing precisely that at Mizzou now.

And they're kicking ass.

ETA: Even if we don't bring Mullen back we need someone like Mullen or Drink.

cheewgumm
11-13-2023, 02:03 PM
Stop comparing the coach to your high school girlfriend who cheated on you.

This is like comparison apples to fish.

cheewgumm
11-13-2023, 02:05 PM
Yes great points?

Dak
Chris Jones
Jeff Simmons
Willie Gay

Players like that would never work now.

bulldawg28
11-13-2023, 02:05 PM
Bring Dan back!

Homedawg
11-13-2023, 02:06 PM
Dan is going to get a call. You can like it or not. And Dan may be the hire, again you can like it or not. Dan Mullen is a good football coach and he is a hell of an evaluator and developer of talent and QB coach. And also if he brings the CC back, so be it. I doubt he would bring all of them back, but Hev would probably be coming back. Also on John Hevesy, he is an asshole. No doubt about it. But that asshole fielded some of the best lines in Mississippi State history. And the guys he ?missed on? do not look like huge misses. Scott Lashley was awful and Cole Smith is not much better.

I say all that to say, you can be mad at Dan Mullen. You are well within your right to do it. But he gave us 9 great years and a player that no one will ever forget. If you choose to leave the fans base because Dan Mullen is back then thats ok. Dan?s time showed us we?ll have 50 more to replace you with.

Dan isn;t going to be the coach, but for purposes of your post, if he were, Hev wouldn't be coming back with him. To say their relationship didn't end on good terms would be an understatement.

Bubb Rubb
11-13-2023, 02:08 PM

No he won't.

Mullen has zero chance to get this job. Less than zero in fact. And I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual.

Cooterpoot
11-13-2023, 02:08 PM
He's not getting an offer.

BuckyIsAB****
11-13-2023, 02:09 PM

I was firmly in the never forgive camp but I will donate to his salary for him to come back now

Bubb Rubb
11-13-2023, 02:14 PM

We would have to remove our president and virtually everyone in our athletic department before Dan would get a call. He's not remembered fondly.

And even if that happened, Dan wouldn't come back. He's left the job once.

And even if none of that mattered, our administration buried the hatchet and Dan decided he wanted to come back, it would be a disaster. It would be worse than Polk 2.0.

Anyway, if you watched the press conference, when they asked Selmon about characteristics we're looking for in a coach, the first thing he brought up was recruiting. That eliminates Dan right there.

Hopefully this ends this silliness.

Really Clark?
11-13-2023, 02:18 PM
We would have to remove our president and virtually everyone in our athletic department before Dan would get a call. He's not remembered fondly.

And even if none of that mattered, our administration buried the hatchet and Dan decided he wanted to come back, it would be a disaster. It would be worse than Polk 2.0.

Anyway, if you watched the press conference, when they asked Selmon about characteristics we're looking for in a coach, the first thing he brought up was recruiting. That eliminates Dan right there.

We have 2 more weeks of silliness, you can bank on that. Lol

msstate7
11-13-2023, 02:23 PM

Why would it be worse than Polk 2.0?

Johnson85
11-13-2023, 02:25 PM

In 2015, we finished 8-4 and won the Belk bowl. Certainly disappointing but not terrible. 2016 we went 5-7, which wasn't good, but we had a leadership void after Dak. In 2017 we went 8-4 and would have been 9-3 had Fitz not gotten hurt. And we were set up for a huge year in 2018 that we wasted with slomoe.

If that's what he does that's not good, I think we should sign up for it?

That said, I don't think he can coach when every player gets a free transfer. Don't think he can tone down the ass hole and I think we'd constantly be losing players that won't take his coaching and will transfer rather than sit the bench because they aren't living up to their potential.

StarkVegasSteve
11-13-2023, 02:25 PM

Judging by our last hire and the shit show that is currently the athletic dept and everything surrounding gameday I am not sure removing is not a great idea regardless of who the coach is. We need to eliminate a lot of the culture that is currently at that university. It is people who do not have the credentials to be in their jobs only in them because someone already there said they would be perfect for that position.

Quaoarsking
11-13-2023, 02:26 PM
The Polk II equivalent in football would be 7 years, 5 bowls (probably all 7 in modern terms) with 1 CFP quarterfinal. Sign me up for that.

Maverick91
11-13-2023, 02:27 PM
So you would tell Jennifer Lopez to pound sand if she was willing to move back in? 😳😳😳

If she was a cheating hoebag, yes. Lol

Jacknut
11-13-2023, 02:28 PM
Just say no to Mullen 2.0!

Bubb Rubb
11-13-2023, 02:29 PM
Why would it be worse than Polk 2.0?

You only need to look at his first stint here to answer this question. His first few years he had a chip on his shoulder and coached like it. The second half of his tenure was filled with underwhelming finishes, whiffs in recruiting, and looking for jobs every year. Now you'd want him back after he's gotten a few million in the bank, has nothing to prove, and has it in his head that he's the greatest coach we've ever had?

No thanks.

cheewgumm
?Mullen can?t recruit?

Yours truly,

Chris Jones
Willie Gay
Jeff Simmons
Dak Prescott

Johnson85

I suspect the people in the Athletic Department generally like their job more than they hate Dan and they would hire him back in a heart beat if he were the best candidate available. Likely not going to be an issue because he probably doesn't want to coach right now, and even if he did, I'm not sure he could allay the concerns over whether players would stick around for his coaching style. They'll certainly take hard coaching for a great NIL deal and competing for championships. Not sure enough will stick around for 8 and 9 win seasons and good NIL deals.

Bubb Rubb
11-13-2023, 02:30 PM
Judging by our last hire and the shit show that is currently the athletic dept and everything surrounding gameday I am not sure removing is not a great idea regardless of who the coach is. We need to eliminate a lot of the culture that is currently at that university. It is people who do not have the credentials to be in their jobs only in them because someone already there said they would be perfect for that position.

You're talking about what you would wish to happen, not what you know will never happen.

Maverick91
11-13-2023, 02:34 PM
He's a football coach. Analogies to significant others don't work.

I compare him to a coworker. I've had plenty of people who report to me who moved on for what they considered to be a "better" job. But if they were good here and wanted to return, I'd happily rehire.

I'm hesitant to hire Mullen today because I'm not convinced he really wants the job and will fully commit to staying here and winning big. But if he can convince the power brokers of that, he shoots up to #1 on my board.

Two very different things, I agree about a former employee but these are two different scenarios. We would be a second rate hooker if we took him back and when he left within 5 years we would nothing to blame but ourselves. I?d call him and ask if he said he was interested I would laugh and hang up. If he said nope, I would laugh and say same? and then hang up.

The only way I would take him back is if he called numerous of times, and took a deal of a lifetime from States perspective and at his press conference he said that he couldn?t wait to earn the programs respect again and he is extremely sorry for the lack of discernment in his prior leaving.

Johnson85
11-13-2023, 02:36 PM

This is one of the more interesting ways I've seen somebody on here declare themselves to be old.

I'm not sure about the analogy to begin with, but you don't take the hoe back when they're in their mid 50's. Jennifer Lopez would be a better analogy if Dan were 67. Maybe a few more good years in there if the motivation stays high, but you're really limited on time if you debase yourself and take her/him back.

If we're going to stick with this analogy, I guess maybe go with Brie Larson? Good looking but not top tier and thinks she is, nobody really enjoys being around her, but damn near everybody would put up with how awful she is if they thought they were going to get her best.

msstate7
11-13-2023, 02:36 PM
You only need to look at his first stint here to answer this question. His first few years he had a chip on his shoulder and coached like it. The second half of his tenure was filled with underwhelming finishes, whiffs in recruiting, and looking for jobs every year. Now you'd want him back after he's gotten a few million in the bank, has nothing to prove, and has it in his head that he's the greatest coach we've ever had?

No thanks.

He left his at worst 2nd best team here for Moorhead when he left, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Check out our nfl picks...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mississippi_State_Bulldogs_in_the_NFL_Draf t

The last of the mullen guys left in 2020 draft, and we've had 6 six since then. That's likely to stay at 6 after this draft

preachermatt83
11-13-2023, 02:39 PM
Something a lot of people arent thinking about is there are some NFL players that would pony up to see Mullen back at State.

Yup!

preachermatt83
11-13-2023, 02:40 PM
He absolutely deserves a call to gauge his interest.

Absolutely

Johnson85
11-13-2023, 02:47 PM
Two very different things, I agree about a former employee but these are two different scenarios. We would be a second rate hooker if we took him back and when he left within 5 years we would nothing to blame but ourselves. I?d call him and ask if he said he was interested I would laugh and hang up. If he said nope, I would laugh and say same? and then hang up.

The only way I would take him back is if he called numerous of times, and took a deal of a lifetime from States perspective and at his press conference he said that he couldn?t wait to earn the programs respect again and he is extremely sorry for the lack of discernment in his prior leaving.

??? Dan is literally a former employee. It's the same scenario.

If you want to use a hooker analogy, you've got it backwards. Mullen is the hooker and we're the John. Mullen said we were more than a paycheck when he was here because that's what hookers are expected to do, but he always wanted a higher paying John that would make his life easier and didn't do a good job of hiding that. That's not great, but at the end of the day, how important to you is it for your hooker to tell you she loves you? I think you may be asking too much of your hookers.

Bubb Rubb
11-13-2023, 02:48 PM
He left his at worst 2nd best team here for Moorhead when he left, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Check out our nfl picks...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mississippi_State_Bulldogs_in_the_NFL_Draf t

The last of the mullen guys left in 2020 draft, and we've had 6 six since then. That's likely to stay at 6 after this draft

Number one, the team he left finished his last regular season here losing to a bad Ole Miss team. Same shit, different year. This isn't about the players. It's about Mullen.

Number two, yeah, we had some great defensive players under Mullen. Like we do historically across many coaching staffs. Mullen is a poor recruiter. This isn't a controversial take. It's the primary reason he lost his last gig.

Finally, you guys are justifying something you want to happen that just isn't going to happen. Mullen will not be considered, period. There's too much bad blood. I understand there's going to be three weeks of throwing names around and 75% of them are going to be silly. Any name you can come up with will have a better chance than Mullen of getting the job. And I say again.....the feeling is probably mutual.

Bothrops
11-13-2023, 02:53 PM
Why do you think it wouldn't work? I think it would work great. Drink is doing precisely that at Mizzou now.

And they're kicking ass.

ETA: Even if we don't bring Mullen back we need someone like Mullen or Drink.

Because Mullen isn't interested in doing that kind of work.

Maverick91
11-13-2023, 02:55 PM
??? Dan is literally a former employee. It's the same scenario.

If you want to use a hooker analogy, you've got it backwards. Mullen is the hooker and we're the John. Mullen said we were more than a paycheck when he was here because that's what hookers are expected to do, but he always wanted a higher paying John that would make his life easier and didn't do a good job of hiding that. That's not great, but at the end of the day, how important to you is it for your hooker to tell you she loves you? I think you may be asking too much of your hookers.

You made me chuckle.

No matter the analogy used, I appreciate him for his time here. But I will never trust him again on our sidelines, if he gets a call and if he is hired, great! But every year around end of October when we start to play less inspired every single one of us on here will be thinking is he shopping around? Every Egg Bowl we don’t win or just play bad in we will think is he shopping around? We will be waiting for the shoe to drop every year. I don’t want that, I don’t want to watch him chew is play sheet, I don’t want the option of ever seeing his khaki shorts ever again. Bottom line there are better coaches out there than him that we can get if we chose to go his route we are not a good of a destination as we think.

RocketDawg
11-13-2023, 03:07 PM

One of those may be the Cowboys' QB.

QuadrupleOption
11-13-2023, 03:09 PM

Yes, because I have some self-respect. He was here, couldn't wait to ditch us for a bigger job, then got run when the shit we put up with wasn't good enough for them.

You can't go back. Let's just hire someone else.

calidawg
11-13-2023, 03:12 PM

It won't. Mullen was a man of his era. That era is over. His process will not work in the portal/NIL era

dawgday166
11-13-2023, 03:16 PM
Because Mullen isn't interested in doing that kind of work.

I'm pretty sure you were saying his development approach wouldn't work with Transfer Portal and NIL. My main point is that Drinkwitz is doing exactly that up at Mizzou. And they're playing some outstanding football right now compared to their recruiting rankings.

Saltydog
11-13-2023, 03:17 PM
As he should. We would be stupid not to talk w/him. Not saying he would be my first call but he'd be in the top 3.

Coursesuper
11-13-2023, 03:22 PM
This needs to be filed under Things That Are Not Going to Happen.

Randolph Dupree
11-13-2023, 03:55 PM
It won't. Mullen was a man of his era. That era is over. His process will not work in the portal/NIL era

I think his approach could actually work better in the portal/NIL era. Note that I am neither advocating for or against Mullen as a coach.

dawgday166
11-13-2023, 04:07 PM
I think his approach could actually work better in the portal/NIL era. Note that I am neither advocating for or against Mullen as a coach.

I do too. Mullen always had a hole or two even with his best teams. He could more easily fill those holes now. Not advocating for him ... I do wanna find a coach like Drinkwitz who is doing exactly that up at Mizzou tho.

Drink's base is HS recruiting and development and he's supplementing via portal. How much NIL does he have and use tho...I have no idea.

StarkVegasSteve
11-13-2023, 04:19 PM
I do too. Mullen always had a hole or two even with his best teams. He could more easily fill those holes now. Not advocating for him ... I do wanna find a coach like Drinkwitz who is doing exactly that up at Mizzou tho.

Drink's base is HS recruiting and development and he's supplementing via portal. How much NIL does he have and use tho...I have no idea.

Again I have never advocated for only interviewing and hiring Dan. I think he is behind some in my eyes, but I definitely think you interview him and see what his vision is, how he would work in the NIL world, what is his buy in, etc. I think the biggest thing with Dan is that it gives you an opportunity to keep a couple of guys you may want (Bump,Knox, etc) on staff and not completely start from scratch.

DawgFromOxford
11-13-2023, 04:20 PM
I'd love it if he got a call to be the OC or QB coach (obviously not going to happen) but there's no denying he hated the aspects of being a head coach outside of the X's and O's.

memsu06
11-13-2023, 04:36 PM
We know what we get with Mullen.

This time around I would hope he's not job shopping every year. I think he's gotten enough money from Florida to take it easy.

He knows MSU is a good coaching job with expectations that aren't sky high like Florida. We'll settle for being a darkhorse playoff contender every 3-4 years.

With these other options we really don't know what we'll get. Would you hire Jimbo Fisher?

Cooterpoot
11-13-2023, 04:39 PM
We aren't hiring Mullen, Judge, Stoops, Prime, Jimbo, Bobo, or Saban.

Bothrops
11-13-2023, 04:40 PM

Thank you.

gtowndawg
11-13-2023, 05:59 PM

I was hoping for some kind of super coaching team!

https://media.tenor.com/WhZUcjq1mmsAAAAC/dislike-boo.gif

Maverick91
11-13-2023, 06:14 PM

Thank you!

EdwardDrayton
11-13-2023, 06:19 PM
OH HELL NO

defiantdog
11-13-2023, 06:24 PM
No, but you can guarantee Jeff Lebby has already taken some calls.

LC Dawg
11-13-2023, 08:55 PM
Our football program needs recovery. We don't need lofty goals at this point. If we screw up this hire our program is dead for a while. A month ago I was dead set against Mullen and he definitely has limitations. I am getting mixed signals about interest in our job but if we hire a coordinator without making Dan Mullen say no we deserve the (at best) 33% chance of a coordinator succeeding.

DownwardDawg
11-13-2023, 09:08 PM

Well shit

TheLostDawg
11-13-2023, 09:09 PM
?Mullen can?t recruit?

Yours truly,

Chris Jones
Willie Gay
Jeff Simmons
Dak Prescott

And if you think Mullen got them other than dak, who lsu recruited as a tight end and would have still gone there anyway if it hadn't been for his mom.
AJ brown was in our back yard and Mullen didn't give him the time of day no matter what the circumstances were. If he'd have tried things might have been different but we'll never know. Yeah freeze had someone in his pocket but you know who should have had a well...

Homedawg
11-13-2023, 09:11 PM
Our football program needs recovery. We don't need lofty goals at this point. If we screw up this hire our program is dead for a while. A month ago I was dead set against Mullen and he definitely has limitations. I am getting mixed signals about interest in our job but if we hire a coordinator without making Dan Mullen say no we deserve the (at best) 33% chance of a coordinator succeeding.

Mullen is a bad idea.

Homedawg
11-13-2023, 09:13 PM
And if you think Mullen got them other than dak, who lsu recruited as a tight end and would have still gone there anyway if it hadn't been for his mom.
AJ brown was in our back yard and Mullen didn't give him the time of day no matter what the circumstances were. If he'd have tried things might have been different but we'll never know. Yeah freeze had someone in his pocket but you know who should have had a well...

The story about aj is so fabricated but it has grown Internet legs. It's amazing.

Really Clark?
11-13-2023, 09:14 PM
The story about aj is so fabricated but it has grown Internet legs. It's amazing.

I don't know if it's amazing, more like par for the course. Ha

TheLostDawg
11-13-2023, 09:16 PM
Number one, the team he left finished his last regular season here losing to a bad Ole Miss team. Same shit, different year. This isn't about the players. It's about Mullen.

Number two, yeah, we had some great defensive players under Mullen. Like we do historically across many coaching staffs. Mullen is a poor recruiter. This isn't a controversial take. It's the primary reason he lost his last gig.

Finally, you guys are justifying something you want to happen that just isn't going to happen. Mullen will not be considered, period. There's too much bad blood. I understand there's going to be three weeks of throwing names around and 75% of them are going to be silly. Any name you can come up with will have a better chance than Mullen of getting the job. And I say again.....the feeling is probably mutual.

Also yeah he did good but the coaches before him didn't have sec money, etc. We can do just as good with Mullen. Leach was on the path to replicate it. Just because Moorhead sucked and Arnett doesn't mean we can't find someone to do what Mullen did.

I'll give Mullen this, he and his staff were great in seeing guys with potential. However now instead of finding guys with potential , you need someone who can recruit the portal

Homedawg
11-13-2023, 09:17 PM
I don't know if it's amazing, more like par for the course. Ha

Correct

cheewgumm
11-13-2023, 09:21 PM
I do not care if we hire Mullen ( though I wish we would ), but the ?Mullen can?t recruit ? is nonsense.

Since Mullen left, name a player better than

Dak
Chris Jones
Jeff Simmons
Willie Gay

And there are More than this..

If he can?t recruit, who have we had that can?

Tough Dawg
11-13-2023, 09:23 PM
Could Mullen energize our former high net worth NFL alumni to heavily get involved in our NIL?

Homedawg
11-13-2023, 09:31 PM
Could Mullen energize our former high net worth NFL alumni to heavily get involved in our NIL?

No. Those guys just don't spend their money that way. We've hit dak up. Hope to get some. But haven't yet unless it's been recently. Former college football guys at any place aren't giving a ton back to their former schools is what it is. Not saying it never happens but it's rare in big chunks

AlSwearengen
11-13-2023, 09:38 PM
No. Those guys just don't spend their money that way. We've hit dak up. Hope to get some. But haven't yet unless it's been recently. Former college football guys at any place aren't giving a ton back to their former schools is what it is. Not saying it never happens but it's rare in big chunks

Yeah, getting them to come around is about all that you can hope for.

lastmajordog
11-13-2023, 09:40 PM
Jennifer Lopez.....meh......Selma Hyatt......oh **** yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheLostDawg
11-13-2023, 09:56 PM
I do not care if we hire Mullen ( though I wish we would ), but the ?Mullen can?t recruit ? is nonsense.

Since Mullen left, name a player better than

Dak
Chris Jones
Jeff Simmons
Willie Gay

And there are More than this..

If he can?t recruit, who have we had that can?

See reply above

TheLostDawg
11-13-2023, 09:57 PM

Unless it's LSU. They know how to raise money. Need to hire some of their guys. Yes I know they have a wealthier base but they get nfl guys, etc to contribute.

Homedawg
11-13-2023, 10:01 PM
Unless it's LSU. They know how to raise money. Need to hire some of their guys. Yes I know they have a wealthier base but they get nfl guys, etc to contribute.

Not arguing w you, but go pull the amounts given by their nfl guys. Keep in mind they have chase, Jefferson, I can fo in and on. They might get some. But it's not game changing $ I'm willing to be.

LC Dawg
11-13-2023, 10:09 PM
Mullen is a bad idea.

I get that. But it's not the worst bad idea. I just want to be sure to avoid the worst bad idea. Which Mississippi State hasn't always been good at.

TheLostDawg
11-13-2023, 10:15 PM
Not arguing w you, but go pull the amounts given by their nfl guys. Keep in mind they have chase, Jefferson, I can fo in and on. They might get some. But it's not game changing $ I'm willing to be.

$1 mill from Mathieu for their locker room. I know that one off the top of my head and I don't follow LSU.

Really Clark?
11-13-2023, 10:21 PM
$1 mill from Mathieu for their locker room. I know that one off the top of my head and I don't follow LSU.

For a locker room and tax right off is a lot different than NIL

Homedawg
11-13-2023, 10:22 PM

Ok. That's great. And I'd love that here. But they have 60+ players in the nfl and 1 mil is a drop in the bucket for the 100's of mil they make per year. And you named one guy. You made it sound like they were the greatest at having their players give back. Thought you'd have a long list of donors. Again, it's not just us, but as a rule, nfl guys do t give back to their schools. And heck, I can't blame em. I understand

TheLostDawg
11-13-2023, 10:31 PM
Ok. That's great. And I'd love that here. But they have 60+ players in the nfl and 1 mil is a drop in the bucket for the 100's of mil they make per year. And you named one guy. You made it sound like they were the greatest at having their players give back. Thought you'd have a long list of donors. Again, it's not just us, but as a rule, nfl guys do t give back to their schools. And heck, I can't blame em. I understand

Haha nope. Just remembered that one guy but the write off is something we need to be pursuing for our former nfl guys. I know that they do a lot for their communities though so I can't complain

Homedawg
11-13-2023, 10:45 PM
Haha nope. Just remembered that one guy but the write off is something we need to be pursuing for our former nfl guys. I know that they do a lot for their communities though so I can't complain

Oh we pursue em..... had some willing to give some here and there but...

EdwardDrayton
11-13-2023, 10:49 PM
He'll get a call from the popular girl on his staff after Cann hangs up?

parabrave
11-14-2023, 02:58 AM

They need to get the 90s The "U" attitude Going.. Ray Lewis and Irvin and some of the others talked about getting to the newly drafted U players and reminding them who got them there. They were always promoting and giving back to the U/ I'll give Dak credit he is always at a State Function and BB and making sure he is shown on TV supporting the school. That right there is worth more than money sometimes.