PDA

View Full Version : What?s the timeline?

Op4isabitch
11-13-2023, 01:29 PM
Given history and signing day, bowl games etc. what?s your prediction for the replacement to be named?

IMHO with the way things roll now. It?s possible we hear something even if said Coach has a bowl game to attend.
Also we need to hit a home run and spend what we need to spend to get whoever we target.

HancockCountyDog
11-13-2023, 01:31 PM
The only date that has some relevance is early signing day. It's December 20th.

If this was 10 years ago, that date would be super important. In the portal world, not as much. It is still important. We can't simply punt on a HS recruiting class without really hamstringing the next coach out of the gate.

TheLostDawg
11-13-2023, 01:33 PM
Given history and signing day, bowl games etc. what?s your prediction for the replacement to be named?

IMHO with the way things roll now. It?s possible we hear something even if said Coach has a bowl game to attend.
Also we need to hit a home run and spend what we need to spend to get whoever we target.

I bet Sunday, Monday after egg bowl. There is a reason we went ahead and fired Arnett instead of doing what we always have in the past and waited. Waiting gets you last in line for the hire. Need to find someone now before domino's start falling. Seems we actually have an AD now who knows how things are suppose to work.

SteelCurtain74
11-13-2023, 01:33 PM
Based on yesterday's posts, no matter when we hire someone, it won't be fast enough for some on here.

Quaoarsking
11-13-2023, 01:35 PM
November 18 - Kick Southern Miss's ass
November 23 - Kick Ole Miss's ass
November 26 - Announce an awesome new hire
December - Kick somebody's ass in the bowl game
December 2024 - play in the 12-team playoff

TheLostDawg
11-13-2023, 01:36 PM
Hire fast with due diligence is key. Recruiting will fix itself with the right hire. I don't think Selmon is going to drag this out like past hires, other than the last**. Too much on the line for Selmon. He knows that he must get it right which means getting the guy he wants and not getting in a bidding war then miss out on others.

TheLostDawg
11-13-2023, 01:36 PM

This

Op4isabitch
11-13-2023, 01:39 PM

Haha I like it, 2 thumbs up!

confucius say
11-13-2023, 01:47 PM
Weekend after BFTGE

StarkVegasSteve
11-13-2023, 01:52 PM
Timeline does not change. It is the same timeline as before. We just got rid of Arnett to try and give the program a jolt of energy.

ScoobaDawg
11-13-2023, 01:55 PM
The only date that has some relevance is early signing day. It's December 20th.

If this was 10 years ago, that date would be super important. In the portal world, not as much. It is still important. We can't simply punt on a HS recruiting class without really hamstringing the next coach out of the gate.

Portal opens on Dec 4th. There will be more openings. Get it done by that first week of Dec.

Really Clark?
11-13-2023, 01:58 PM
Some time the week after the EB. Earlier in the week if the carousel has been smooth, if it's still cluttered later in the week but it will be that week.

HancockCountyDog
11-13-2023, 01:59 PM
Portal opens on Dec 4th. There will be more openings. Get it done by that first week of Dec.

Great point, I didn't realize the portal opens so early. When does portal close?

GoDawgz
11-13-2023, 02:01 PM
Sunday 11/26!

HancockCountyDog
11-13-2023, 02:20 PM

Is it true our guys can get in the portal for the next 30 days as well? That is what is being reported. If so, i do think we need someone hired after the egg bowl fairly quickly.

starkvegasdawg
11-13-2023, 02:21 PM
You mean he hasn't hired anybody yet? What the 17 is he doing? Piss poor leadership. Should have already had our coach conducting practice today and calling recruits. The fact that Selmon hasn't done that just shows he isn't the person for the job.

Op4isabitch
11-13-2023, 02:46 PM
You mean he hasn't hired anybody yet? What the 17 is he doing? Piss poor leadership. Should have already had our coach conducting practice today and calling recruits. The fact that Selmon hasn't done that just shows he isn't the person for the job.

Not sure if serious. These days it?s hard to tell. Hoping you?re joking.

Homedawg
11-13-2023, 04:10 PM
Dec the 1st wo hiccups, I hope. It won't be next weekend like some are hoping.

gtowndawg
11-13-2023, 04:20 PM

https://media.tenor.com/pmGxFUf3zMsAAAAC/fired-up-whoo.gif

bigbub50
11-13-2023, 04:44 PM
I think Dec. 4 is the important date. Need someone by then if possible. This is the transfer portal window opening. Need atleast a head coach by then to recruit current players we want to keep out of the portal (zavion is likly our biggest fish and is in for a payday, among others). We also need to be hitting the portal hard from the start. If it?s an offensive guy at head coach, it would be great to have a DC at this point to sell his system to the other side of the ball or vice versa. If we don?t have someone by then, it?s a sign we have been told no a cpl times already.

Homedawg
11-13-2023, 05:06 PM
I think Dec. 4 is the important date. Need someone by then if possible. This is the transfer portal window opening. Need atleast a head coach by then to recruit current players we want to keep out of the portal (zavion is likly our biggest fish and is in for a payday, among others). We also need to be hitting the portal hard from the start. If it?s an offensive guy at head coach, it would be great to have a DC at this point to sell his system to the other side of the ball or vice versa. If we don?t have someone by then, it?s a sign we have been told no a cpl times already.

Don't get your hopes up on keeping ZT

bigbub50
11-13-2023, 05:09 PM
Don't get your hopes up on keeping ZT

I?m not. He is very good. He wanted to leave last year. I think he would have the biggest price tag out of any of our current players that have eligibility left. I was pointing out he is the most valuable to try to recruit to stay in my opinion.