PDA

View Full Version : Selmon Press conf

parabrave
11-13-2023, 01:09 PM
on now.

mparkerfd20
11-13-2023, 01:18 PM
As a person in a leadership role that has to lead meetings often, no bigger pet peeve of mine is someone that has to read a prepared statement. It reeks of you not being in control. That said, Selmon will get the credit or blame for this hire, but it's pretty clear this decision isn't his. :/

DEDawg
11-13-2023, 01:25 PM
As a person in a leadership role that has to lead meetings often, no bigger pet peeve of mine is someone that has to read a prepared statement. It reeks of you not being in control. That said, Selmon will get the credit or blame for this hire, but it's pretty clear this decision isn't his. :/

This is an insane leap

R2Dawg
11-13-2023, 01:43 PM

I think actually it is the opposite. You read it because the response is well thought out. This is not a meeting, this is a press conference/press release. You say one word wrong and it gets turned around. Exactly what he says gets put in print later too.

You don't get in that level of leadership not able to lead a meeting.

Dawgology
11-13-2023, 02:01 PM
I think actually it is the opposite. You read it because the response is well thought out. This is not a meeting, this is a press conference/press release. You say one word wrong and it gets turned around. Exactly what he says gets put in print later too.

This. You’re other option is to have a Bjork that is stumbling around answering questions right now on live Tv.

mparkerfd20
11-13-2023, 02:04 PM
I could be totally off-base and wrong and for the state of our Athletics Department, I hope I am. I'm just giving my perception. Call me insane... I've been called worse. I'm a shoot-from-the-hip, no nonsense type person and appreciate that quality in others as well. It doesn't necessarily mean that someone else is pulling the strings, but in my experience it has called to question the preparedness of an individual if nothing else in many cases. After meeting Selmon in person, he is more reserved with his answers and likes to think before giving responses (opposite of shoot from the hip), so maybe that's all I'm picking up on and he really does have a firm grasp on what he wants to do and is in charge. Good point R2 that every word he speaks will be scrutinized making it doubly more important to not say "the wrong thing". I'm sure you're right and I'm wrong. Carry on.

confucius say
11-13-2023, 02:13 PM
I thought he handled the questions really well

mparkerfd20
11-13-2023, 02:18 PM
I thought he handled the questions really well

No complaints on the questions. He came across much better when answering questions. I just didn't like the reading from a script for his statement was all. Totally preference on my part I guess.

Gutter Cobreh
11-13-2023, 02:18 PM

You mean his press conference wasn't structured like this?????

Freaking amateur!***

ScoobaDawg
11-13-2023, 02:49 PM

That was painful. I get your point. It seems like he had maybe read it once.. if at all. Barely every made eye contact with the media and cameras. Not a good look.
Yes he was BETTER by QA time. but still seemed very green.

But that doesn't matter. pick the best coach and let's go.

Bothrops
11-13-2023, 02:56 PM

That is a whacked out take. Or whacked-out. That comes down to ability to speak without a teleprompter, which few people can do in this type of setting.

Leroy Jenkins
11-13-2023, 02:59 PM
The comment he made when he said he had an extensive network in football at all levels seemed intentional. Could he be targeting an NFL coach?

viverlibre
11-13-2023, 03:20 PM
That is a whacked out take. Or whacked-out. That comes down to ability to speak without a teleprompter, which few people can do in this type of setting.

The comment you are replying to is a dumb take, if he wasn't reading from a prepared statement, I'd be very concerned. This is huge deal, you don't shoot from the hip.

Pancho
11-13-2023, 04:43 PM
depends on whether Keenum removes himself and allows a true process to unfold to get a coach who excites recruits and not someone the players have never heard of

EdwardDrayton
11-13-2023, 06:16 PM

^^^^^^

Tough Dawg
11-13-2023, 06:33 PM
Thought he did great. Got a more comfortable feeling with him being our AD after he was done. Let?s see how the hiring goes.