Tom Herman 6/1
John Sumrall 7/1
Glenn Schumann 8/1
Lance Leipold 8/1
Jimbo Fisher 18/1

Per SportsBetting.ag

gtowndawg
11-13-2023, 11:57 AM
Wow, Chadwell as the betting favorite? I'm getting wooly.

Tater
11-13-2023, 12:01 PM
What's Bob Stoops odds?

CaptainObvious
11-13-2023, 12:01 PM
Wow, Chadwell as the betting favorite? I'm getting wooly.

Interesting. Vewy interesting.

msudawg1200
11-13-2023, 12:12 PM
Aggies odds from same site
Lane Kiffin 5/1
Dan Lanning 6/1
Mike Elko 7/1
Mike Norvell 7/1
Jeff Traylor 10/1
Kalen DeBoer 10/1
James Franklin 12/1
Chris Klieman 14/1
Dan Campbell 14/1
Dan Quinn 14/1
Kliff Kingsbury 14/1
Sonny Dykes 14/1
Glen Schumann 16/1
Jonathan Smith 16/1
Deion Sanders 20/1
Jedd Fisch 20/1
Lance Leipold 20/1
Sherrone Moore 20/1
Urban Meyer 20/1
Bill Belichick 50/1
Jim Harbaugh 50/1

Per SportsBetting.ag

Bothrops
11-13-2023, 12:14 PM
If A&M doesn't hire Kiffin that institution needs to be taken over.

parabrave
11-13-2023, 12:18 PM
Aggies odds from same site
Lane Kiffin 5/1
Dan Lanning 6/1
Mike Elko 7/1
Mike Norvell 7/1
Jeff Traylor 10/1
Kalen DeBoer 10/1
James Franklin 12/1
Chris Klieman 14/1
Dan Campbell 14/1
Dan Quinn 14/1
Kliff Kingsbury 14/1
Sonny Dykes 14/1
Glen Schumann 16/1
Jonathan Smith 16/1
Deion Sanders 20/1
Jedd Fisch 20/1
Lance Leipold 20/1
Sherrone Moore 20/1
Urban Meyer 20/1
Bill Belichick 50/1
Jim Harbaugh 50/1

Per SportsBetting.ag

I hope they hire KK.

HancockCountyDog
11-13-2023, 12:21 PM
If we can get Chadwell, its a home run hire. Go ahead and shut it down.

StarkVegasSteve
11-13-2023, 12:25 PM
Leipold is who I would want. Chadwell scares me. He has never coached in the P5 and he is winning right now with Freeze talent. He definitely won at Coastal but I wonder how much of that is talent deficiency at most other schools in that conference.

DesotoDog1967
11-13-2023, 12:26 PM
Chadwell its making 4 a year. How much would you throw at him?

DEDawg
11-13-2023, 12:29 PM

5.5 to start go up to 7

StarkVegasSteve
11-13-2023, 12:29 PM

Probably 5.5. I mean his buyout is rumored to be around 20. That means with staff included you are probably sinking minimum 30 mil into the hire. I am not saying go cheap, I would just be leery of what that buyout actually is.

msstate7
11-13-2023, 12:31 PM
Probably 5.5. I mean his buyout is rumored to be around 20. That means with staff included you are probably sinking minimum 30 mil into the hire. I am not saying go cheap, I would just be leery of what that buyout actually is.

Then he isn't coming. We aren't aTm

BuckyIsAB****
11-13-2023, 12:41 PM
Stop acting like sisters of the poor and go swing your sword. Get a sitting HC somewhere and drop our nuts on someones head. Damn all this being scared nonsense

Really Clark?
11-13-2023, 12:43 PM

$6 MIL per year matches his remaining contract amount. The buyout is the biggest question and nobody is sure what that total number is but $12 MIL at least is what most think.

StarkVegasSteve
11-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Stop acting like sisters of the poor and go swing your sword. Get a sitting HC somewhere and drop our nuts on someones head. Damn all this being scared nonsense

You have to be realistic. I mean we are not going to go get Ryan Day or Dabo. The candidates we are discussing are realistic. But to just say damn the torpedoes and overpay by 3 mil is incredibly shortsighted and stupid. Chadwell is not worth 7. Period. Drink, Beamer, and Pittman are all making between 6-6.3. Hell Freeze is making 6.5. That is the former Liberty coach and Freeze has more name recognition and has done it at a higher level before. You offer Chadwell 5.5-6 and if he says no then so be it. He is not worth overpaying by 2-3 mil just because he is the hot name. Florida did that with Napier and look at the position they are in. Billy Napier is not worth anywhere near 7.2 mil yet that is what he is making.

preachermatt83
11-13-2023, 12:47 PM
We can’t hire Chadwell

gtowndawg
11-13-2023, 12:48 PM
$6 MIL per year matches his remaining contract amount. The buyout is the biggest question and nobody is sure what that total number is but $12 MIL at least is what most think.

Auburn had to pay Liberty 3million for Freeze. Is Chadwell's really that much more?

msstate7
11-13-2023, 12:48 PM

We aren't paying a 20 million buy out. Get real

StarkVegasSteve
11-13-2023, 12:49 PM
Auburn had to pay Liberty 3million for Freeze. Is Chadwell's really that much more?

No they just iron clad his contract a lot more than Freeze. They were bad before Freeze and knew if he got them good he would leave.

preachermatt83
11-13-2023, 12:50 PM
We aren't paying a 20 million buy out. Get real

+1

HancockCountyDog
11-13-2023, 12:50 PM

I kept hearing the buyout for Chadwell was at least 8 figures. When you factor in the buyout for Arnett, the buyout for Chadwell and then the contract for Chadwell (I would think north of 25 million for 4 years) that is a big financial commitment for any school in the SEC not named A&M.

BuckyIsAB****
11-13-2023, 12:51 PM
You have to be realistic. I mean we are not going to go get Ryan Day or Dabo. The candidates we are discussing are realistic. But to just say damn the torpedoes and overpay by 3 mil is incredibly shortsighted and stupid. Chadwell is not worth 7. Period. Drink, Beamer, and Pittman are all making between 6-6.3. Hell Freeze is making 6.5. That is the former Liberty coach and Freeze has more name recognition and has done it at a higher level before. You offer Chadwell 5.5-6 and if he says no then so be it. He is not worth overpaying by 2-3 mil just because he is the hot name. Florida did that with Napier and look at the position they are in. Billy Napier is not worth anywhere near 7.2 mil yet that is what he is making.

I didnt say Ryan Day or Dabo. But you can absolutely go get Chadwell, Clawson, Lashlee. Those types. If you cant get them or you flat out cant afford it bc of Sexton you call Fritz or one of the other sun belt guys

BuckyIsAB****
11-13-2023, 12:52 PM
It?s not the end of the world if you dont want to pay for chadwell. But we need to stop acting like we dont deserve better or be scared to pay to get a sitting HC. We dont need to settle for Schumann bc we didnt even try for a HC

StarkVegasSteve
11-13-2023, 12:53 PM
I kept hearing the buyout for Chadwell was at least 8 figures. When you factor in the buyout for Arnett, the buyout for Chadwell and then the contract for Chadwell (I would think north of 25 million for 4 years) that is a big financial commitment for any school in the SEC not named A&M.

It’s a big financial commitment no doubt, but it is one we can make. This is not Mississippi State of 2005 or even 2015. This SEC money is going to literally double our athletic dept budget. If you are going to lay it on the line this is the time to do it. You now have that money that doing it would not cripple you

StarkVegasSteve
11-13-2023, 12:54 PM
It?s not the end of the world if you dont want to pay for chadwell. But we need to stop acting like we dont deserve better or be scared to pay to get a sitting HC. We dont need to settle for Schumann bc we didnt even try for a HC

Not saying that in the least bit. I am saying don’t overpay just because Chadwell is the hot name out there. Because there are around 12 guys like that out there that we can go get.

Really Clark?
11-13-2023, 12:54 PM

Yes. They wanted to make sure they had him for a while or get paid for losing him.

HancockCountyDog
11-13-2023, 12:56 PM
I didnt say Ryan Day or Dabo. But you can absolutely go get Chadwell, Clawson, Lashlee. Those types. If you cant get them or you flat out cant afford it bc of Sexton you call Fritz or one of the other sun belt guys

I think Lashlee's buyout is doable, i'm not sure on Chadwell. I like Clawson. He is a program builder and a good coach. If we are patient with him, he will win here.

Coursesuper
11-13-2023, 12:56 PM

It's time to step the 17 up. The game has changed drastically in the past 4 years. We can put up or step out of the way at this point. Buyouts and $$$ are just a part of the current landscape.

BankerDog
11-13-2023, 12:58 PM
It’s a big financial commitment no doubt, but it is one we can make. This is not Mississippi State of 2005 or even 2015. This SEC money is going to literally double our athletic dept budget. If you are going to lay it on the line this is the time to do it. You now have that money that doing it would not cripple you

I?d rather give that money to baseball***

CadaverDawg
11-13-2023, 01:05 PM
How does Chadwell recruit compared to his conference Peers?

EdwardDrayton
11-13-2023, 07:36 PM
First tell us if we're going all in with the money to be a real player. If not, enjoy our last hot minute in the SEC.

Really Clark?
11-13-2023, 07:41 PM
First tell us if we're going all in with the money to be a real player. If not, enjoy our last hot minute in the SEC.

Yes, depending on who it is and what their salary is right now, we have really good numbers to throw at the right coach. We won't be throwing $9 MIL right off the bat to anyone necessarily, but for the right guy that it will be necessary for us to spend a lot on salary and buyout, we absolutely will.

EdwardDrayton
11-13-2023, 07:46 PM
Yes, depending on who it is and what their salary is right now, we have really good numbers to throw at the right coach. We won't be throwing $9 MIL right off the bat to anyone necessarily, but for the right guy that it will be necessary for us to spend a lot on salary and buyout, we absolutely will.

I hope you're right. It's time to decide where and what we want to be in the future college football world.

CadaverDawg
11-13-2023, 07:48 PM
Offer Leipold $9 mil and if he says yes, sit back and look like a genius, Selmon. Dude wins everywhere he goes

DownwardDawg
11-13-2023, 07:48 PM

I agree. People forget we were willing to pay Dan $6 million per year or more in 2017/2017!! Fast forward 6 years and we can afford even more if we have to.

CadaverDawg
11-13-2023, 07:52 PM
What people forget is that if you hire a winner, he pays for himself. That's why ponying up for a guy that has won everywhere is smarter than hoping to hit a scratch off ticket out of the bargain bin. Big money makes money

msugolf
11-13-2023, 08:05 PM
What people forget is that if you hire a winner, he pays for himself. That's why ponying up for a guy that has won everywhere is smarter than hoping to hit a scratch off ticket out of the bargain bin. Big money makes money

Scared money never wins

Dawgology
11-13-2023, 08:14 PM
If we aren?t willing to pay to get a proven winner in this SEC environment and with the current state of the program we may as well pack it in and join the Sunbelt because it?s all over but the crying.

preachermatt83
11-13-2023, 08:18 PM
Offer Leipold $9 mil and if he says yes, sit back and look like a genius, Selmon. Dude wins everywhere he goes

This. All. Day!!!!

NCDawg
11-13-2023, 08:18 PM
If we can get Chadwell, its a home run hire. Go ahead and shut it down.

Agree.

Homedawg
11-13-2023, 08:21 PM
Jamey Chadwell 3/1
Jeff Lebby 4/1
Willie Fritz 5/1
Rhett Lashlee 6/1
Tom Herman 6/1
John Sumrall 7/1
Glenn Schumann 8/1
Lance Leipold 8/1
Jimbo Fisher 18/1

Per SportsBetting.ag
I'll take the field

Homedawg
11-13-2023, 08:23 PM

Post of the day!!

Homedawg
11-13-2023, 08:29 PM
Thee is nobody we can get that's worth 9 million. That's just wasting money for nothing just so we can say we spent 9 mil?? Dumb. There isn't a coach on our list that's a guarantee to win here. Not one.

EdwardDrayton
11-13-2023, 08:30 PM

^^^^^^^

EdwardDrayton
11-13-2023, 08:31 PM
Thee is nobody we can get that's worth 9 million. That's just wasting money for nothing just so we can say we spent 9 mil?? Dumb. There isn't a coach on our list that's a guarantee to win here. Not one.

Then get somebody that is worth it.

Homedawg
11-13-2023, 08:39 PM
Then get somebody that is worth it.

Who?? You know the person has to want to come here right??? You aren't being realistic. Living in a fantasy world.

RiverCityDawg
11-13-2023, 08:43 PM
I don't think Chadwell would be the odds on favorite and seemingly the first name mentioned on every single hot board list if he was out of our reach financially. And I mean, reasonable reach.

Homedawg
11-13-2023, 08:57 PM
I don't think Chadwell would be the odds on favorite and seemingly the first name mentioned on every single hot board list if he was out of our reach financially. And I mean, reasonable reach.

That's just a betting board. It's worthless. Don't put much stock in it. I might as we have posted a list.
Eta that doesn't mean he won't be on the talk to list. Just wouldn't put a lot of stock I got boards. That's all

Really Clark?
11-13-2023, 08:57 PM
That's just a betting board. It's worthless. Don't put much stock in it. I might as we have posted a list.

Anybody can make a list

gtowndawg
11-13-2023, 08:58 PM
How does Chadwell recruit compared to his conference Peers?

I'm a fan of Chadwell, but defense would be a concern. It's never been great and Liberty's is suspect this year.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-13-2023, 09:38 PM
Leipold has a sub .500 coaching record overall. at Kansas he's gone 2-10, 6-7, 7-3. Nice job sure, but Kansas isn't the SECW either. Compare that to Jedd Fish at Arizona who went 1-11, 5-7, 7-3. They've got the same resume. Not sure what makes some so convinced Leipold is a $9M a year coach if the other isn't also

Really Clark?
11-13-2023, 09:47 PM
Leipold has a sub .500 coaching record overall. at Kansas he's gone 2-10, 6-7, 7-3. Nice job sure, but Kansas isn't the SECW either. Compare that to Jedd Fish at Arizona who went 1-11, 5-7, 7-3. They've got the same resume. Not sure what makes some so convinced Leipold is a $9M a year coach if the other isn't also

The biggest difference is that Leipold has done turn arounds a multiple stops moving up the ranks. Track record means a good bit. Not $9 MIL a year but that's the difference. I wouldn't be surprised if MI St doesn't offer close to that though. They have money to spend since Tucker's buyout and contract was voided.

Quaoarsking
11-13-2023, 10:21 PM

Leipold also resurected Buffalo and went ... 109-6 (!) at Wisconsin-Whitewater.

Homedawg
11-13-2023, 10:32 PM
Leipold also resurected Buffalo and went ... 109-6 (!) at Wisconsin-Whitewater.

I do think there is a difference between the two. And that's why one is out of play before we start.

confucius say
11-13-2023, 11:28 PM
Anybody can make a list

Steve?

Really Clark?
11-13-2023, 11:30 PM
Steve?

Huh?

confucius say
11-13-2023, 11:34 PM
Huh?

Rose bowl says that on his show often.

Now if you break out "that and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee at the D'Lo truck stop" or "that's a big part in every bit of this," I'll know you're him, lol

MoreCowbell
11-13-2023, 11:37 PM
Hearing it is Mullen from a very reliable source. Has been in the works for weeks. Take that for what it is worth.

Really Clark?
11-13-2023, 11:37 PM
Rose bowl says that on his show often.

Now if you break out "that and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee at the D'Lo truck stop" or "that's a big part in every bit of this," I'll know you're him, lol

Oh! Lol. I don't listen to him but that is true. And damn, I've actually stopped at the old D'Lo truck stop back in the day. Hahaha

NeuteredDawg
11-13-2023, 11:43 PM
Hearing it is Mullen from a very reliable source. Has been in the works for weeks. Take that for what it is worth.

Don?t tease me

CadaverDawg
11-13-2023, 11:52 PM

Don't believe it, but would be great with it. Not jumping for joy, but very pleased. We could do a ton worse than Dan the Man 2.0. Doubt he'd be as quick to want greener pastures during round 2

HoopsDawg
11-14-2023, 12:07 AM
Don't believe it, but would be great with it. Not jumping for joy, but very pleased. We could do a ton worse than Dan the Man 2.0. Doubt he'd be as quick to want greener pastures during round 2

The good news is I like the names I'm hearing this time around as opposed to when we hired JoeMo and Leach. I was scared to death of Jeremy Pruitt.

CaptainObvious
11-14-2023, 12:10 AM

Especially if we set his buyout at $ ONE BILLION DOLLARS $ 😚😚

Really Clark?
11-14-2023, 12:20 AM
Especially if we set his buyout at $ ONE BILLION DOLLARS $ ����

https://media.tenor.com/32eOQe2WF0oAAAAd/mike-myers-austin-powers.gif

MoreCowbell
11-14-2023, 12:26 AM

Not wanting to be a Bert Stare but the person relaying this would for sure know. Hard for me to believe as well.

parabrave
11-14-2023, 02:29 AM

I still say he was approached after Leachs death and he couldn't at the time. That why Arnett was hired as a 1 year interm. Why else was Greg rehired in a non staff roll and the AR thrown away. And I'm glad Greg is back/ Plus he has inroads in South Louisiana and now the Florida recruiting scenes.

Turfdawg67
11-14-2023, 07:39 AM
I'll take the field

Multiple posts preparing us for a lackluster hire.

basedog
11-14-2023, 07:46 AM
I have no problem with Dan Mullen, all I know he has put more guys from Msu in the NFL than anyone before him. But I'm holding out to see who may be on the rise, we stil have a few weeks.

Btw, like I thought about firing Arnett now seems to be working, no more drama about "we need to fire him, and we are the worse coached team in D1". Fans now seem to be more united with who are next coach will be and excited. No doubt dragging Arnett along would have gotten much worse. I hope we win out, ain't likely but at least it's more fun today.

CadaverDawg
11-14-2023, 08:33 AM
The good news is I like the names I'm hearing this time around as opposed to when we hired JoeMo and Leach. I was scared to death of Jeremy Pruitt.

Man I agree. If we get any of the guys being mentioned this go round, I'll be ok. It appears most think we will pony up for a real head coach this time, not go the cheap route and hope we hit the lotto

Really Clark?
11-14-2023, 08:44 AM
Man I agree. If we get any of the guys being mentioned this go round, I'll be ok. It appears most think we will pony up for a real head coach this time, not go the cheap route and hope we hit the lotto

We will give a very good salary, appropriate raise to what they are making now to get the best coach we can and pay a lot toward a buyout if need be. If we have to pay $6-7 MIL we will, if our best option has low salary now, we will give them a good raise now and have equity to bump them over the course their tenure as they succeed. Lane started at $3.9 MIL, Huepal started at $4 MIl, etc. but we won't be just looking to go cheap.

dawggoneit
11-14-2023, 01:30 PM
I would have no problem with Don Mullins. He needs better recruiters and a o line coach other than his buddy.

Really Clark?
11-14-2023, 01:34 PM
I would have no problem with Don Mullins. He needs better recruiters and a o line coach other than his buddy.

Unless they have made amends, Hev and Dan are not nearly as tight as before. I will say as far as OL coaches go, Hev is pretty damn good.

StarkVegasSteve
11-14-2023, 01:39 PM
Unless they have made amends Hev and Dan are not nearly as tight as before.

This is correct. I was unaware of this til this weekend and was told by multiple people that if Dan comes back, Hev will not be with him. They had a big falling out over the Florida stuff and Dan kind of throwing Hev under the bus to temporarily save his job.

I will say this on Dan and folks I have talked to the last few weeks and really the last 14 months. Dan wants back in and he now knows how good he had it in Starkville. He wanted our job last year. The rumors around Leach stepping down were real. Dan knew about it and wanted the job. He has been making moves to let it be known that he wants our job. All the posting this year about his time at State, coming to Old Waverly the last two summers, being in Starkville this summer, being excited about getting to the call the Egg Bowl although that got taken away?.all of that is not a coincidence and it was never was. Dan is not my first choice, but he is not far from the top.

confucius say
11-14-2023, 01:48 PM
Maybe there is a reason Dan got taken off the egg bowl...
Probably just Mississippi crying about it though.

StarkVegasSteve
11-14-2023, 01:56 PM
Maybe there is a reason Dan got taken off the egg bowl...
Probably just Mississippi crying about it though.

No that was solely because OM people got butthurt about it. Their hatred for him is another reason I want to hire him. Also, it is hilarious to watch them be up in arms over us firing Arnett because they are now scared we might get another Mullen, or the man himself, that will shove their nose in it 365.

TrapGame
11-14-2023, 01:59 PM
Holy ****ing Shit! Mullen?!!

I mean, in a conspiracy sort of way we can make it make sense. He couldn't take the job after Leach died b/c of ESPN contract and commitments but..c'mon...really?!

confucius say
11-14-2023, 02:00 PM
No that was solely because OM people got butthurt about it. Their hatred for him is another reason I want to hire him. Also, it is hilarious to watch them be up in arms over us firing Arnett because they are now scared we might get another Mullen, or the man himself, that will shove their nose in it 365.

Agree. He would piss them off, which I would enjoy.

We'd have some of our own upset about it too I'm sure, but id be fine with it.

BuckyIsAB****
11-14-2023, 02:01 PM
Leach was not stepping down. Im not gonna debate the rest of that could very well be true

bulldogcountry1
11-14-2023, 03:41 PM

I'd much rather hire Mullen at $6MM and put $10MM into NIL than pay a sitting coaching coach $6MM with a $10MM buyout.

Rawdawg
11-14-2023, 04:35 PM
This is correct. I was unaware of this til this weekend and was told by multiple people that if Dan comes back, Hev will not be with him. They had a big falling out over the Florida stuff and Dan kind of throwing Hev under the bus to temporarily save his job.

I will say this on Dan and folks I have talked to the last few weeks and really the last 14 months. Dan wants back in and he now knows how good he had it in Starkville. He wanted our job last year. The rumors around Leach stepping down were real. Dan knew about it and wanted the job. He has been making moves to let it be known that he wants our job. All the posting this year about his time at State, coming to Old Waverly the last two summers, being in Starkville this summer, being excited about getting to the call the Egg Bowl although that got taken away?.all of that is not a coincidence and it was never was. Dan is not my first choice, but he is not far from the top.

Mullen is my top choice. We should?ve offered a godfather contract in 2017, instead we?re about to hire our 4th coach in 6 years. Obviously there are other circumstances but the point stands. I want Mullen not because he was here but because I do not believe we can take another risk on a G5 head coach or a P5 OC. The program badly needs stability and a clear path forward. You know Mullen knows how to run a program. Does he have his faults? Sure. But he doesn?t have off of the field problems, he?s organized, he can develop a QB, he?s been in the SEC and understands the challenges.

StarkVegasSteve
11-14-2023, 04:44 PM
Mullen is my top choice. We should?ve offered a godfather contract in 2017, instead we?re about to hire our 4th coach in 6 years. Obviously there are other circumstances but the point stands. I want Mullen not because he was here but because I do not believe we can take another risk on a G5 head coach or a P5 OC. The program badly needs stability and a clear path forward. You know Mullen knows how to run a program. Does he have his faults? Sure. But he doesn?t have off of the field problems, he?s organized, he can develop a QB, he?s been in the SEC and understands the challenges.

The biggest issue with Mullen is going to be Keenum. How he left did not sit right with Keenum. The others can get over it, but Keenum will be a big obstacle if we go the Mullen route. Again, Dan is behind a few candidates so to even get to Dan would probably mean being turned down by Chadwell, Lashlee, Leipold, etc. I think my question would be how high is Dan in that second group. Is he above Willie Fritz who would jump at a chance to take an SEC job.

TrapGame
11-14-2023, 04:46 PM

I believe it also helps that Cohen is no longer here too.

If Dan comes in and blows Selmon away with his presentation of where he wants to take MSU football, who he can bring in as assistant coaches, etc., I'll be okay with the hire. If Dan really has had an epiphany, feels recharged and wants to make amends by being the old, fiery Dan Mullen for us one more time, then I'm okay with that.

Rawdawg
11-14-2023, 05:03 PM
The biggest issue with Mullen is going to be Keenum. How he left did not sit right with Keenum. The others can get over it, but Keenum will be a big obstacle if we go the Mullen route. Again, Dan is behind a few candidates so to even get to Dan would probably mean being turned down by Chadwell, Lashlee, Leipold, etc. I think my question would be how high is Dan in that second group. Is he above Willie Fritz who would jump at a chance to take an SEC job.

If Keenum wants what?s best for the university he needs to swallow some pride and sit this one out.

KB21
11-14-2023, 05:11 PM
According to Robbie, it seems that Chadwell, Leipold, and Fritz are the favorites right now, and that Dan has no interest in returning to coaching.

confucius say
11-14-2023, 05:13 PM
According to Robbie, it seems that Chadwell, Leipold, and Fritz are the favorites right now, and that Dan has no interest in returning to coaching.

As big as you are on qb development (not saying you're wrong in wanting that), I would think you'd want Dan

KB21
11-14-2023, 05:14 PM
As big as you are on qb development, I would think you'd want Dan

I just don't think Dan is going to return to coaching anytime soon.

confucius say
11-14-2023, 05:16 PM
I just don't think Dan is going to return to coaching anytime soon.

Would you want him if he did?

StarkVegasSteve
11-14-2023, 05:44 PM

I learned this the last two coaching cycles, those guys are just going off the names agents are feeding them and what Ross Dellenger is telling them. They know slightly more than the average fan. Go to a high end steakhouse in Atlanta, GA in a couple of weeks and you'll know more than even they do.

And on the Dan thing, the folks that know him in Starkville have said he does have interest in returning. They just don't know if it's this year or in 5 years. Or if it's at this level or the NFL.

Todd4State
11-15-2023, 09:10 AM
Dan Mullen begging for our football coaching job is ironic.

Homedawg
11-15-2023, 09:13 AM

Who said Dan was begging for our job? If he was, yes it would be. But not the case

Really Clark?
11-15-2023, 09:30 AM

What? He's not begging for our job.