PDA

View Full Version : Any person that brings up Primetime..

Duckdog
11-13-2023, 10:40 AM
for a potential coach should get forever banned from here

DownwardDawg
11-13-2023, 10:42 AM
I agree.

msstate7
11-13-2023, 10:50 AM
I don't think we could pull him, but I'd take him in a nanosecond

civildawg
11-13-2023, 10:51 AM
Need to add Gus Malzahn to the banned list as well

MetEdDawg
11-13-2023, 11:01 AM
Need to add Gus Malzahn to the banned list as well

He never developed talent, particularly at the QB position. But he could get talent in and has found ways to do that at UCF.

He would be a better hire than Deion IMO but I think we can do better.

CaptainObvious
11-13-2023, 11:03 AM
I will not accept anyone who is not named Day, Saban, Meyers, or Chuckie!

preachermatt83
11-13-2023, 11:06 AM
Absolutely agree! I would lose my mind if we hired prime

Mjoelner34
11-13-2023, 11:07 AM
Also anyone who comes with any of the following tag lines should be banned: "He's one of us", "When he was here before", "He played here so he knows what it takes"

defiantdog
11-13-2023, 11:10 AM
Not even on the radar

msstate7
11-13-2023, 11:11 AM
Sanders has improved Colorado's win total by 3 so far, 4 one score losses, and he'd give us instant improvement in recruiting. Why in the world would you guys be against prime time? We would be all over CFB broadcasts

Beaver
11-13-2023, 11:11 AM
I'd take Prime. I think he's pretty selfish, and I think he'd promote himself more than MSU, but no doubt he'd have people talking about State. Additionally, he'd fire up the current enrollment and younger alumni 10x more than whoever the hire ends up being. MSU has the highest enrollment of African Americans by percentage than any other SEC school (including OU and Texas). He'd get people to give more NIL money than any other coach. I'm sure he could pull in a few high profile transfers too. Colorado has the same record as us right now, yet 10% of the bets to win the natty were on them...

I'm not saying he's the best fit for us right now, but there's definitely some things Prime can do that no other incoming coach could do and it's worthy of discussion.

Leroy Jenkins
11-13-2023, 11:13 AM
Unless his sons have more transfers left, he ain't going anywhere.

msstate7
11-13-2023, 11:14 AM

I don't think he'd come anyway, so it's moot, but he would be a strong hire

DownwardDawg
11-13-2023, 11:16 AM
Good thing is he won't even be contacted. No use in worrying about it.

StarkVegasSteve
11-13-2023, 11:30 AM
Deion would IMMEDIATELY inject excitement in your program. We would have a chance at any transfer we realistically wanted. Saying all that, he is struggling now at Colorado because he chose to not recruit OL and they are paying a big price for it. I think Deion will eventually succeed there, but it will be 2-3 years before he really has it rolling.

confucius say
11-13-2023, 11:33 AM
Apparently not in the radar, but there are a lot of positives he would bring. Colorado was the worst P5 in America last year and is respectable this year. Not ti mention the millions and millions he would generate off the field. Gameday, national attention. Sell outs. Big national brands at your games.

We won't. But we could do a lot worse.

confucius say
11-13-2023, 11:34 AM
Deion would IMMEDIATELY inject excitement in your program. We would have a chance at any transfer we realistically wanted. Saying all that, he is struggling now at Colorado because he chose to not recruit OL and they are paying a big price for it. I think Deion will eventually succeed there, but it will be 2-3 years before he really has it rolling.

Yea and he said that Saturday, that he has to get OL in there immediately. Bet he will too.
Still, going from 1-11 to at minimum 4-8 with competitive losses is drastic improvement.

LC Dawg
11-13-2023, 11:56 AM
I'm not saying to hire Prime but if we had hired him last year we would be going to a bowl instead of firing our coach. And the media would be talking about more than one team in Mississippi. And recruits would want to come to State.
We need stability right now and I don't think Prime would offer that because you couldn't trust him to stay more than a year.

Bothrops
11-13-2023, 12:08 PM
for a potential coach should get forever banned from here

Prime and Dan

Maverick91
11-13-2023, 01:44 PM
I don't think he'd come anyway, so it's moot, but he would be a strong hire

You mean Smoot? We are bringing in our own Prime Freddy come home!

chef dixon
11-13-2023, 01:45 PM
Y'all are smoking crack if you think he'd have any interest in coming here anyway

msstate7
11-13-2023, 01:54 PM
Y'all are smoking crack if you think he'd have any interest in coming here anyway

This is true; but this should be the reason why he isn't a candidate, not bc he isn't good enough

C&DDAWG32
11-13-2023, 04:49 PM
I'd take that ban with a smile on my face. The money and attention he would bring would be off the charts.

EdwardDrayton
11-13-2023, 06:20 PM
Banned for the rest of the season and forever more saddled with a dunce cap avatar

PGHBulldogBG
11-13-2023, 07:12 PM
I would not be against Prime coming here. I saw an article that said Colorado has the highest watch viewership of any team this year. If we hired him though he would leave after a year of success and take the entire team with him, so it would put us right back in the position we started. It might give us a really good year or two though if he learns to recruit OL

DEDawg
11-13-2023, 07:35 PM
what a dumb post. Prime would have 7 wins floor here every year with a chance to win 10 when things align which is the best any HC at MSU will get. biggest knock against him is he'd be shopping every Nov like Dan

EdwardDrayton
11-13-2023, 07:39 PM
what a dumb post. Prime would have 7 wins floor here every year with a chance to win 10 when things align which is the best any HC at MSU will get. biggest knock against him is he'd be shopping every Nov like Dan

Folks are amused for one hot minute with swag and bravado. Kinda like the circus clown car. He's not even making 7 this season.

msstate7
11-13-2023, 07:41 PM
Folks are amused for one hot minute with swag and bravado. Kinda like the circus clown car. He's not even making 7 this season.

They won 1 game last year.

DEDawg
11-13-2023, 07:43 PM

double down on the dumb post with another dumb post. he instantly won at jsu and instantly won at Colorado 4x their win total already with 2 games left. Everyone preaches how important the transfer portal is, outside of the major teams that we will never compete with anyway, Sanders is the best in the business. We would pull in two 5 stars and 4-6 four stars every year through the portal. Shadeur would follow him for one season then be a 2nd-3rd round draft pick and he'd get another big name QB transfer for 2025.

Mjoelner34
11-13-2023, 09:09 PM

So did Northwestern and they've already won 5 this year. Maybe we should hire David Braun.

EdwardDrayton
11-13-2023, 10:19 PM

There's one hot resume.

EdwardDrayton
11-13-2023, 10:20 PM
double down on the dumb post with another dumb post. he instantly won at jsu and instantly won at Colorado 4x their win total already with 2 games left. Everyone preaches how important the transfer portal is, outside of the major teams that we will never compete with anyway, Sanders is the best in the business. We would pull in two 5 stars and 4-6 four stars every year through the portal. Shadeur would follow him for one season then be a 2nd-3rd round draft pick and he'd get another big name QB transfer for 2025.

Bless your heart.

DEDawg
11-13-2023, 10:27 PM
Bless your heart.

lmao thats what Id say too if I got called out and couldnt come up a response. Solid work there

viverlibre
11-13-2023, 10:28 PM

I don't understand why folks can't figure this out.

EdwardDrayton
11-13-2023, 10:38 PM
lmao thats what Id say too if I got called out and couldnt come up a response. Solid work there

Yeah. Yours is the typical post with hypotheticals and opinion presented as narrative. How self-serving but the adults in the room know what's real.

Lord McBuckethead
11-13-2023, 10:40 PM
If Hugh Freeze can do what he did for underage kids, Chucky can come back and coach.

DEDawg
11-13-2023, 11:00 PM
Yeah. Yours is the typical post with hypotheticals and opinion presented as narrative. How self-serving but the adults in the room know what's real.

dude. You started the ?opinions presented as narratives?. Something about swagger and circus cars because you personally are opinionated on the way he coaches and presents himself. I presented you with a literal fact about 2022 vs 2023 Colorado record and how he instantly got JSU winning. See historical data on how he has used the transfer portal. But sure narratives and opinions.

Everyone knows theres a large group of people like you who dislike Deion. Just because you do not like a flashy type and the manner in which they win, does not mean you can invalidate their track record with your feelings. You may opine about whatever you want, does not mean its accurate and yeah im gonna call you out for it.

EdwardDrayton
11-13-2023, 11:10 PM
dude. You started the ?opinions presented as narratives?. Something about swagger and circus cars because you personally are opinionated on the way he coaches and presents himself. I presented you with a literal fact about 2022 vs 2023 Colorado record and how he instantly got JSU winning. See historical data on how he has used the transfer portal. But sure narratives and opinions.

Everyone knows theres a large group of people like you who dislike Deion. Just because you do not like a flashy type and the manner in which they win, does not mean you can invalidate their track record with your feelings. You may opine about whatever you want, does not mean its accurate and yeah im gonna call you out for it.

Dude. Colorado is 1-6, 4-6. Last place in the ...... wait for it ....... Pac 12.

Pancho
11-14-2023, 07:57 AM
He better hope he can go .500 next year on the weakened schedule. If not, most of the shine will be off the turd

CoachT14
11-14-2023, 08:14 AM
Originally, I wasn't against it. But after what he did to Sean Lewis, I'm out. He basically demoted his best coach on staff while his DC has been horrid all year. Told me all I needed to know about what you're dealing with with him.