PDA

View Full Version : Hot board....

HoopsDawg
11-13-2023, 09:54 AM
It has got to be one of these guys, right?

1. Lance Leipold
2. Jamey Chadwell
3. Tom Herman

Would all 3 turn us down?

Cooterpoot
11-13-2023, 09:57 AM
Leipold isn't happening and I'm ok with that. The other two (Lashlee and Chadwell) will be hard to get but worth throwing everything at them. Herman ain't happening at all.
They aren't the only top guys either. There's a couple more.

HoopsDawg
11-13-2023, 09:58 AM
Leipold isn't happening and I'm ok with that. The other two will be hard to get but worth throwing everything at them.
They aren't the only top guys either. There's a couple more.

List them.

Really Clark?
11-13-2023, 09:59 AM

1. Lance Leipold
2. Jamey Chadwell
3. Tom Herman

Herman has moved way down the list. Almost off the page, he needs to upset Tulane because last Sat hurt him bad scoring only 10 points against a 1-8 team.

Leipold will not talk to us until the bigger jobs get filled first. He is high on others lists as well.

HoopsDawg
11-13-2023, 10:00 AM
Herman has moved way down the list. Almost off the page, he needs to upset Tulane because last Sat hurt him bad scoring only 10 points against a 1-8 team.

Leipold will not talk to us until the bigger jobs get filled first. He is high on others lists as well.

I don't really want Herman either to be honest.

BeardoMSU
11-13-2023, 10:01 AM
Just please tell me Dan Mullen is a 0.0% chance...

Cooterpoot
11-13-2023, 10:01 AM
Schumann
Elko
Lebby
Briles
Gattis
Traylor
Kinne
Golesh
Could see a couple West Coast names too. But not sure there.
**Guys I believe at least get kicked around. A&M job will need to clear up some.

confucius say
11-13-2023, 10:02 AM

Anything on clawson or Judd Fisch? Even on the radar?

Quaoarsking
I really couldn't care about Herman's results in year 1 at FAU. His record at Houston and Texas tells me that he's a good coach m

viverlibre
Bo Bounds is pushing Barry Odom.

msudawg1200
11-13-2023, 10:03 AM
Herman has won every where he's been. He inherited a crapshow at FAU.

Cooterpoot
11-13-2023, 10:06 AM

No thank god!

GoDawgz
11-13-2023, 10:06 AM
Whoever the new coach is going to be, he better be ready to have the toughest job he's ever had and better be willing to never sleep and hit the ground running.
He will have to save the roster, those worth saving, cannonball into the portal game and still recruit like his hair is on fire.
Its going to be tough sledding but it can be done.

Cooterpoot
11-13-2023, 10:07 AM
Herman has won every where he's been. He inherited a crapshow at FAU.

They looked like trash when I watched them. Poorly coached trash at that, looked just lost

Dawgology
11-13-2023, 10:08 AM
Bo Bounds is pushing Barry Odom.

What an idiot. I swear that dude just talks out his ass. I’ve never seen a “State fan” push for State to lose or make bad hires more than that dummy. I feel it’s because he has an “in” with Odom.

Dawgology
11-13-2023, 10:09 AM
Whoever the new coach is going to be, he better be ready to have the toughest job he's ever had and better be willing to never sleep and hit the ground running.
He will have to save the roster, those worth saving, cannonball into the portal game and still recruit like his hair is on fire.

He will be given 3 seasons regardless of record to right the ship and get it producing again.

Quaoarsking
11-13-2023, 10:10 AM
If we hired Chadwell ... any chance his former QB still at Coastal, Grayson McCall, would transfer here? He somehow has yet another year of eligibility

Mjoelner34
11-13-2023, 10:10 AM
What about Hudspeth??? **

Really Clark?
11-13-2023, 10:14 AM

Not really. Especially Fisch. In P5 look at Matt Campbell if no one else moves on him. Call placed to Jonathan Smith but don't see him moving. Clay Helton is an interest who has P5 experience. Rhett Lashlee even thought he is not a sitting P5 HC but a lot of P5 experience. Don't see him moving but have reached out. Elko is waiting out the carousel.

We have coordinator interest but we want to really see what sitting HC's are available to us.

Cooterpoot
11-13-2023, 10:15 AM
I still think hiring a sitting P5 head coach is more dream than reality. We'll go at a couple but good luck, fingers crossed.
Liberty supposedly has a big buyout and are willing to pay Chadwell, so that looks tough to overcome too.
Traylor is on the A&M list but can't see that unless they miss a lot. So may hear more there later.
Kinne name has been kinda quiet but mentioned. Could be a later name more too.
Then it's the hot young coordinators mostly.
Leipold isn't real IMO.

Really Clark?
11-13-2023, 10:15 AM
I really couldn't care about Herman's results in year 1 at FAU. His record at Houston and Texas tells me that he's a good coach m

That loss to a 1-8 ECU was very bad for him only scoring 10 points. He has to upset Tulane.

chef dixon
11-13-2023, 10:18 AM
Chadwell would be a home run

Really Clark?
11-13-2023, 10:21 AM
I still think hiring a sitting P5 head coach is more dream than reality. We'll go at a couple but good luck, fingers crossed.
Liberty supposedly has a big buyout and are willing to pay Chadwell, so that looks tough to overcome too.
Traylor is on the A&M list but can't see that unless they miss a lot. So may hear more there later.
Leipold isn't real IMO.

I would like a shot at Traylor. If Baylor don't grab him, will he be interested in leaving Texas or wait it out?

BuckyIsAB****
11-13-2023, 10:24 AM
Clawson is going to be on the list. Just telling you.

Cooterpoot
11-13-2023, 10:24 AM
I would like a shot at Traylor. If Baylor don't grab him, will he be interested in leaving Texas or wait it out?

We'd have to spend a lot on him IMO. And if Arkansas makes a move, he's all over that.
I'm of the opinion that peeps should expect a coordinator as the next coach. I think Selmon pulls together a great coordinator list and that's where we end up.
**That's strictly opinion**

EdwardDrayton
11-13-2023, 10:26 AM
Just please tell me Dan Mullen is a 0.0% chance...

If we ever hire him again, I will melt down in apocalyptic fashion.

Cooterpoot
11-13-2023, 10:26 AM

He's not getting more than a courtesy. More serious about Gattis (another Wake connection).

EdwardDrayton
11-13-2023, 10:27 AM
Kinne name has been kinda quiet but mentioned. Could be a later name more too.
Leipold isn't real IMO.

We should pay whatever it takes to get our top line candidate.

Coursesuper
11-13-2023, 10:28 AM
We'd have to spend a lot on him IMO. And if Arkansas makes a move, he's all over that.

Is no one even thinking of Clay Helton? With his time at Memphis he has to have contacts in our area, and I've watched them a good bit this year, they are well coached with not a lot of talent.

Fader21
11-13-2023, 10:30 AM
Rhett Lashlee is my number 1
Jamie Chadwell
Deboer
GJ Kinne

Coordinators:
First call would be Tommy Rees
Jeff Lebby

Ending with:
Gus Malzahn
Dan Mullen

Really Clark?
11-13-2023, 10:32 AM
Is no one even thinking of Clay Helton? With his time at Memphis he has to have contacts in our area, and I've watched them a good bit this year, they are well coached with not a lot of talent.

He is of interest and I mentioned him earlier

Really Clark?
11-13-2023, 10:33 AM
Rhett Lashlee is my number 1
Jamie Chadwell
Deboer
GJ Kinne

Coordinators:
First call would be Tommy Rees
Jeff Lebby

Ending with:
Gus Malzahn
Dan Mullen

DeBoer...not happening. He's not even a tire to kick.

Really Clark?
11-13-2023, 10:35 AM

He's on several list, but the interest is low from his side right now.

defiantdog
11-13-2023, 10:36 AM
Chadwell
Helton
Frost
Lebby
Herman

Are interested

confucius say
Not really. Especially Fisch. In P5 look at Matt Campbell if no one else moves on him. Call placed to Jonathan Smith but don't see him moving. Clay Helton is an interest who has P5 experience. Rhett Lashlee even thought he is not a sitting P5 HC but a lot of P5 experience. Don't see him moving but have reached out. Elko is waiting out the carousel.

We have coordinator interest but we want to really see what sitting HC's are available to us.

SMU is fixing to be P5. That could matter to lashlee.

What about deion? Would he have any interest? I would have never said that a year ago, but he's changed my mind somewhat.

Cooterpoot
We should pay whatever it takes to get our top line candidate.

We cannot win a bidding war vs some of these private schools. Is what it is. Now, I have no idea how much those schools are willing to pay but I suspect a lot.

Cooterpoot
11-13-2023, 10:37 AM
If we hire Clay Helton, just shut us down. He and Sumrall have no business on our list.

Johnson85
11-13-2023, 10:38 AM
What about Hudspeth??? **

Think he's got a pretty sweet gig down in Orange Beach. Not sure we could pull him.

Really Clark?
11-13-2023, 10:38 AM
Chadwell would be a home run

Working but he may sit until he gets a bigger program.

Really Clark?
11-13-2023, 10:41 AM

What about deion? Would he have any interest? I would have never said that a year ago, but he's changed my mind somewhat.

Don't see that happening. He will make Colorado work for a bigger gig or flop. He's not moving after a year for us

Really Clark?
11-13-2023, 10:42 AM
If we hire Clay Helton, just shut us down. He and Sumrall have no business on our list.

Well Helton is on the list.

Matt3467
11-13-2023, 10:42 AM
I don't believe the people saying they don't want Mullen. He's the best we've had here and knows what it takes to win at State. I'd at least see if he had any interest.

Duckdog
11-13-2023, 10:43 AM

just shut up with that dumb crap

msstate7
11-13-2023, 10:43 AM
I don't believe the people saying they don't want Mullen. He's the best we've had here and knows what it takes to win at State. I'd at least see if he had any interest.

Doubt he's interested. Easy to say you don't want someone when you really don't have a shot. If mullen reached out, I'm sure the tone would change

preachermatt83
11-13-2023, 10:44 AM

1. Lance Leipold
2. Jamey Chadwell
3. Tom Herman

The first two would be home runs BUT are pipe dreams. Both Will have better offers and Chadwell has big buyout

msstate7
11-13-2023, 10:44 AM

What's dumb about what would be an unbelievable pull for us?

preachermatt83
11-13-2023, 10:45 AM
Doubt he's interested. Easy to say you don't want someone when you really don't have a shot. If mullen reached out, I'm sure the tone would change

Exactly!! Anybody who wouldn’t take Mullen is prideful and irrational

HancockCountyDog
11-13-2023, 10:48 AM

1. Lance Leipold
2. Jamey Chadwell
3. Tom Herman

Leipold is an absolute pipe dream. Chadwell has a massive buyout, but maybe we have a plan for that.

I would think we make Herman an offer he can't refuse. If we put 6-7 million on table for Herman, he jumps.

msstate7
11-13-2023, 10:49 AM
Leipold is an absolute pipe dream. Chadwell has a massive buyout, but maybe we have a plan for that.

I would think we make Herman an offer he can't refuse. If we put 6-7 million on table for Herman, he jumps.

I would think Herman could be had for much less.

Really Clark?
11-13-2023, 10:51 AM

Why you put that amount in front of Herman? He's only making $750,000 and most likely will have a losing record. And looks bad at the end of the season. His stock has dropped a lot the last 2 weeks. He needs to upset Tulane to get back into conversations

NeuteredDawg
11-13-2023, 10:52 AM
Jimbo has made his money. Throw him $5 mil to stay in the SEC and let him take over the west

HancockCountyDog
11-13-2023, 10:52 AM

I know the Liberty buyout is massive.

I would love Traylor, but everything i read on the guy is that he is Texas through and through and will most likely have his pick of any Non A&M or UT job in the state. Also, if A&M strikes out on their top targets, he will get a look.

Really Clark?
11-13-2023, 10:54 AM
Jimbo has made his money. Throw him $5 mil to stay in the SEC and let him take over the west

There's no more west and he couldn't take it over with TAM resources but you think he can here????

Really Clark?
11-13-2023, 10:55 AM
I know the Liberty buyout is massive.

I would love Traylor, but everything i read on the guy is that he is Texas through and through and will most likely have his pick of any Non A&M or UT job in the state. Also, if A&M strikes out on their top targets, he will get a look.

I agree, I think a lot things have to line up to have a shot with Traylor. But would like that shot.

HancockCountyDog
11-13-2023, 10:56 AM
I would think Herman could be had for much less.

You are right, I haven't been paying attention to him this year at FAU. I think he is a good coach, but i didn't realize how bad they are this year.

gtowndawg
11-13-2023, 10:57 AM
Chadwell
Helton
Frost
Lebby
Herman

Are interested

If Chadwell really is interested we would be crazy not to make an offer. His record over the last 4 years is unbelievable.

Turfdawg67
11-13-2023, 11:00 AM
Sobering thread. We gonna roll the dice on an unproven coordinator again...

msstate7
11-13-2023, 11:03 AM

I don't like it. I would take a chance on a proven sun belt guy first.

confucius say
11-13-2023, 11:11 AM

I use to feel that way. Thought he was a gimmick.

But I've watched several games this year, and he, at a minimum, will have increased their win total by 3 games in year 1.

msstate7
11-13-2023, 11:12 AM
I use to feel that way. Thought he was a gimmick.

But I've watched several games this year, and he, at a minimum, will have increased their win total by 3 games in year 1.

4 one score losses too. The guy is good

BlackSailsDawg
11-13-2023, 11:15 AM
Schumann
Elko
Lebby
Briles
Gattis
Traylor
Kinne
Golesh
Could see a couple West Coast names too. But not sure there.
**Guys I believe at least get kicked around. A&M job will need to clear up some.

No to Briles. Replace him with a 13 year vet that is only 62 and has one of the top winning percentages. Cignetti. His winning percentage is higher than that of Chadwell too.

confucius say
11-13-2023, 11:24 AM
Schumann intrigues me. He's the Dan Lanning type of hire. High ceiling, but never ran a program before so there is concern. Would be 2 years younger than Lanning when Lanning got the Oregon job.

Son of a coach. Coached under Saban/Smart for 7 years and then under smart for 4.

Risky hire. High ceiling. Not sure what offense he would run.

GoDawgz
11-13-2023, 11:27 AM
He will be given 3 seasons regardless of record to right the ship and get it producing again.

Logic would say so.... but in today's climate of money making..... I mean college football, its win now or the money will go elsewhere.
time will tell.

preachermatt83
11-13-2023, 11:41 AM
A name that would be an absolute homerun but hasn’t been mentioned bc I am sure he would be almost impossible to pull. Jeff Brohm.

TrapGame
11-13-2023, 11:46 AM
A name that would be an absolute homerun but hasn’t been mentioned bc I am sure he would be almost impossible to pull. Jeff Brohm.

Word is he's very interested in the A&M job.

Really Clark?
11-13-2023, 11:47 AM
A name that would be an absolute homerun but hasn?t been mentioned bc I am sure he would be almost impossible to pull. Jeff Brohm.

Yeah, impossible. He is at his home at Louisville with 1 more win he extends his contract 2 more years making it $45 MIL left on the initial contract fully guaranteed. Very cheap buyout though.

preachermatt83
11-13-2023, 11:49 AM
Yeah, impossible. He is at his home at Louisville with 1 more win he extends his contract 2 more years making it $45 MIL left on the initial contract fully guaranteed. Very cheap buyout though.

I’m surprised his buyout is cheap. He would def be a homerun

HancockCountyDog
11-13-2023, 11:54 AM
4 one score losses too. The guy is good

I don't want Prime, but i'm not sure why anyone would be against it. He fixes our primary problem - recruiting and branding. He also would know how to turn around a bad roster, which we will have next year.

I think its a 1000-1 shot, but primetime in Starkville would be great for MSU. Could it be a disaster? Maybe? Could it be a home run? Absolutely.

LC Dawg
11-13-2023, 12:00 PM

I think it's most important to put a good staff together and focus on the portal. I don't think this year's recruiting class is that salvageable unless we make some kind of home run hire.

CaptainObvious
11-13-2023, 12:05 PM
I think it's most important to put a good staff together and focus on the portal. I don't think this year's recruiting class is that salvageable unless we make some kind of home run hire.

I can?t imagine many of our current recruits committed because of Arnett, Barbay, or Brock. So I surmise most are committed to MSU, not to the coach.

BuckyIsAB****
11-13-2023, 12:44 PM
I think Deion would take our call. We would have to out bid Colorado they are so all in they would never stop going higher

BuckyIsAB****
11-13-2023, 12:46 PM

I doubt it

defiantdog
11-13-2023, 12:51 PM
I think Deion would take our call. We would have to out bid Colorado they are so all in they would never stop going higher
He'd have some transfer penalties to play with