PDA

View Full Version : If aTm can buy out $76M why can?t we have at $10-15M NIL chest?

OhGee
11-12-2023, 08:07 PM
If aTm can buy out $76M why can?t we have at $10-15M NIL chest?

We are sitting on our ass waiting for NIL donors. We need to be creative. Use the shit ton of money the school gets from the SEC/ESPN. Screw the rules. Make it happen. Use a shell org that redirects money. If Joe Biden can be involved with bribes we can fund the $@&# NIL.

The NCAA just lost a class action lawsuit from former players who didn?t get paid prior to the existence of the NIL. The court is ruling the schools should have paid players damn the NCAA. I?m not arguing this case. I?m saying the rest of the world including the legal system is passing the hapless NCAA by and it?s time we did too.

Get ahead of the NIL bullshit. Money is there. Use it. We don?t even need much money in the grand scheme of things.

There are 3 kinds of people - those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that wonder what happened. Let?s quit flopping between 2 and 3 and start being 1.

confucius say
11-12-2023, 08:31 PM
The ncaa hasn't lost that suit. Yet. The plaintiffs were certified as a class. That's all that has happened.

Breathe.

Homedawg
11-12-2023, 08:56 PM
If aTm can buy out $76M why can?t we have at $10-15M NIL chest?

We are sitting on our ass waiting for NIL donors. We need to be creative. Use the shit ton of money the school gets from the SEC/ESPN. Screw the rules. Make it happen. Use a shell org that redirects money. If Joe Biden can be involved with bribes we can fund the $@&# NIL.

The NCAA just lost a class action lawsuit from former players who didn?t get paid prior to the existence of the NIL. The court is ruling the schools should have paid players damn the NCAA. I?m not arguing this case. I?m saying the rest of the world including the legal system is passing the hapless NCAA by and it?s time we did too.

Get ahead of the NIL bullshit. Money is there. Use it. We don?t even need much money in the grand scheme of things.

There are 3 kinds of people - those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that wonder what happened. Let?s quit flopping between 2 and 3 and start being 1.

You know the sec money is how we run the athletic Dept right?? Guess not based on your post

OhGee
11-12-2023, 09:56 PM
You know the sec money is how we run the athletic Dept right?? Guess not based on your post

Yes I do. Our most profitable sport is in dire straits and getting worse fast as the NIL landscape evolves each year. Rescue the cash cow and makes cuts elsewhere.

Ezsoil
11-13-2023, 12:58 AM
Do you know how many more graduates that Texas A&M has than MSU? its at least ten fold..

Ranchdawg
11-13-2023, 05:47 AM
This story was told to me by a friend in college station. Tam A.D. calls all his wealthy booster together for a meeting and raise money. This one guy in the meeting net worth 800million and he said after the meeting that he was the poorest person in the room.