PDA

View Full Version : Is today the worst day to be a Mississippi State fan in the last 40 years?

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 04:58 PM
I have never felt so betrayed by the university leadership. The Egg Bowl loss in 2008 was obviously horrible, but Croom was fired before noon the next morning.

Today, unlike any other day, we know that Keenum and Selmon don't give a shit about the football program or its fans. I'm going to have to seriously reconsider putting so much time and energy into this going forward.

parabrave
11-12-2023, 05:00 PM
Well Basketball is looking up. Haven't been this excited since Bowers/Frazier years.

HoopsDawg
11-12-2023, 05:06 PM
Maine was rock bottom but this is a relapse with no end in sight. We are not in a good place.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 05:10 PM
Maine was rock bottom but this is a relapse with no end in sight. We are not in a good place.

Yeah, if we want to call this #2 behind that one, I won't have a great argument against, but I recall not being so hopeless at the time. Because we all kinda suspected it might happen, and even then it was a very fluky game.

confucius say
11-12-2023, 05:16 PM
No. Not even close.

EdwardDrayton
11-12-2023, 05:19 PM
I have never felt so betrayed by the university leadership. The Egg Bowl loss in 2008 was obviously horrible, but Croom was fired before noon the next morning.

Today, unlike any other day, we know that Keenum and Selmon don't give a shit about the football program or its fans. I'm going to have to seriously reconsider putting so much time and energy into this going forward.

Looking like the only way to get their attention.

Cooterpoot
11-12-2023, 05:21 PM
Hell no

Commercecomet24
11-12-2023, 05:24 PM
No way. The tech and 10 season was way worse than this. The Maine game, the Houston game where we got beat like 76-0 and I could go on because there?s quite a few worse.

ETA not deny the suckitude we are in right now but people only feel it?s worse because it?s the most current but there?s been way worse times;

Maroonthirteen
11-12-2023, 05:54 PM
No. It's already been said here. Arnett knows he isn't coming back. Selmon is shopping.

Just because we don't make a grand spectacle of firing Arnett, doesn't mean we are sitting on her hands.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 05:57 PM
No. It's already been said here. Arnett knows he isn't coming back. Selmon is shopping.

Just because we don't make a grand spectacle of firing Arnett, doesn't mean we are sitting on her hands.

Nobody is asking for a "grand spectacle." We just want the gift and reassurance that Texas A&M and Boise State fans got today, that plenty of fanbases get during October and November in every season.

R2Dawg
11-12-2023, 05:58 PM

The is the correct take. All true. We don't need to panic because we don't see stuff happening. Rest of year really don't matter anyway. What will happen is happening and will only be revealed when ready.

Homedawg
11-12-2023, 06:09 PM

Not even remotely close. We will have a new coach. Good grief. Melt much??

confucius say
11-12-2023, 06:09 PM
Nobody is asking for a "grand spectacle." We just want the gift and reassurance that Texas A&M and Boise State fans got today, that plenty of fanbases get during October and November in every season.

It could affect the buyout amount if he is fired this early

Homedawg
11-12-2023, 06:10 PM

You'll be reassured when he's canned. Until then just deal w it.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 06:12 PM
It could affect the buyout amount if he is fired this early

According to whom? Why is this nugget coming out for the first time just now? How much would it "affect" the buyout? And is this just a "could" situation?

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 06:13 PM
Not even remotely close. We will have a new coach. Good grief. Melt much??

Yes, I'm melting down because I actually give a shit about this football program, unlike our president and AD and some of the so-called fans who post here. I want what's best for the program in the short term and the long term, and that's getting rid of Arnett ASAP, not letting him blow 2 more games for us, and certainly not letting him have another year (which is what some posters here clearly want).

dawgday166
11-12-2023, 06:15 PM
There's been so many it's hard to keep up. Much easier to count on the one to two hands how many great days we've had.

confucius say
11-12-2023, 06:16 PM
According to whom? Why is this nugget coming out for the first time just now? How much would it "affect" the buyout? And is this just a "could" situation?

Yea, it is a "could" situation. I do not know the terms of his contract. But i do know it has a cutoff date where the buyout drops, as they all do.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 06:19 PM
Yea, it is a "could" situation. I do not know the terms of his contract. But i do know it has a cutoff date where the buyout drops, as they all do.

Why hasn't this been reported before? It's always been "3 million a year, and the buyout is half of the remaining contract"

phatdog
11-12-2023, 06:35 PM
that time Mike Henigs threw 6 interceptions was bad. Or was that Tony Romos.

LC Dawg
11-12-2023, 06:37 PM
I think you have to consider the day our head coach died as worst day in our history. No matter what you thought of Leach that was a pretty big blow.

confucius say
11-12-2023, 06:38 PM
Why hasn't this been reported before? It's always been "3 million a year, and the buyout is half of the remaining contract"

It's still that. 3 million a year. This year isn't over yet.

State82
11-12-2023, 06:45 PM
No way. The tech and 10 season was way worse than this. The Maine game, the Houston game where we got beat like 76-0 and I could go on because there?s quite a few worse.

This here for sure. Without a doubt.

Coach34
11-12-2023, 08:07 PM
No but this is probably the worst thread in 40 years

EdwardDrayton
11-12-2023, 08:10 PM
This is why we have no money and others do. Others actually listen to their fanbase and make it happen. Thus the fans are invested. Us? We're just on the outside and nobody cares what we want or think.

Homedawg
11-12-2023, 08:58 PM
Yes, I'm melting down because I actually give a shit about this football program, unlike our president and AD and some of the so-called fans who post here. I want what's best for the program in the short term and the long term, and that's getting rid of Arnett ASAP, not letting him blow 2 more games for us, and certainly not letting him have another year (which is what some posters here clearly want).

I haven't seen anyone saying he needs another year. But maybe I missed it.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 09:15 PM
I haven't seen anyone saying he needs another year. But maybe I missed it.

It's very obvious that the anti-Leach crowd that is saying don't fire him today and let him have 2 more games is laying groundwork to switch back to saying "keep him" next Friday. Depending on how the next 2 games go, that may not be a possibility, which is why none of them are being explicit about it, but it's what they're hoping for.

There is no reason in the world why Arnett should coach another game if we're really all on board with firing him next Friday. The only reason for anyone to say that is if you want to leave open the possibility of him coming back, and unsurprisingly, it's all of the posters who've been the most pro-Arnett all year, the ones gloating after Arizona and Arkansas, and insisting that we weren't that bad all year, and even saying today of all days that the team played hard yesterday, who are the ones saying give Arnett 2 more games and all-of-a-sudden we just can't fire him midyear.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 09:16 PM
No but this is probably the worst thread in 40 years

No, that would be your thread where you promised we'd win more games in 2023 under Arnett than we would have under Leach. That have been the worst thread on any message board, not just this one.

Coach34
11-12-2023, 09:19 PM
No, that would be your thread where you promised we'd win more games in 2023 under Arnett than we would have under Leach. That have been the worst thread on any message board, not just this one.

link because I know good and GD well I didnt make that post

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 09:51 PM
link because I know good and GD well I didnt make that post

Did you forget who you were arguing with? We've been interacting for 15 years, and you know I always have the receipts. You said it on this thread: https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?96903-Because-it-is-now-time-for-Football, in particular, this post:

Mike not returning improves this team by 1 win

Homedawg
11-12-2023, 09:56 PM
It's very obvious that the anti-Leach crowd that is saying don't fire him today and let him have 2 more games is laying groundwork to switch back to saying "keep him" next Friday. Depending on how the next 2 games go, that may not be a possibility, which is why none of them are being explicit about it, but it's what they're hoping for.

There is no reason in the world why Arnett should coach another game if we're really all on board with firing him next Friday. The only reason for anyone to say that is if you want to leave open the possibility of him coming back, and unsurprisingly, it's all of the posters who've been the most pro-Arnett all year, the ones gloating after Arizona and Arkansas, and insisting that we weren't that bad all year, and even saying today of all days that the team played hard yesterday, who are the ones saying give Arnett 2 more games and all-of-a-sudden we just can't fire him midyear.

So you're anti leach if you say firing him today does nothing? And man you're a mind reader too.... great. And clearly your post isn't in reference to me bc I damn sure wasn't gloating after either of those games I can assure you.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 09:58 PM
So you're anti leach if you say firing him today does nothing? And man you're a mind reader too.... great. And clearly your post isn't in reference to me bc I damn sure wasn't gloating after either of those games I can assure you.

You're mixing up cause and effect. I'm not saying that wanting to keep Arnett makes you anti-Leach, I'm saying that the loudest anti-Leach posters are the primary people not wanting to fire Arnett today. It would bruise their egos too much.

Coach34
Did you forget who you were arguing with? We've been interacting for 15 years, and you know I always have the receipts. You said it on this thread: https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?96903-Because-it-is-now-time-for-Football, in particular, this post:

one win over what the 2023 team would have gotten. Rogers getting hurt changed all that obviously.

Jeb Busch Lite

Got em.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 10:18 PM
one win over what the 2023 team would have gotten. Rogers getting hurt changed all that obviously.

So after you insist that you didn't say it, and I prove that actually you did (what did you expect by the way?) your go-to is "well I would have been right if Rogers hadn't gotten hurt!!" ? After all these years, suddenly you're a Rogers fanboy? You think we'd have 2 or 3 more wins with him? (And even then, we still wouldn't be +1 from where Leach would have us.)

Come on. Just admit that you were wrong about that prediction and obviously we wouldn't be 3-7 right now if Leach were still alive and coaching us, or anywhere close to that really.

Todd4State
11-12-2023, 10:21 PM

LOL.

cheewgumm
11-13-2023, 12:42 AM
We as State fans have a GREAT opportunity.

We just have to see it and out NIL people have to make it happen.

25k fans x $20 per month = $6m a year

And this is just the start.

This is a great day to be a Bulldog!! We need to be woken up.

BuckyIsAB****
11-13-2023, 06:39 AM

Winner

Wink&aPrayer
11-13-2023, 06:48 AM

One of the few libs I actually agree with.

Keep on keeping on.

Wink&aPrayer
11-13-2023, 06:49 AM
Go hide somewhere, for a while

Wink&aPrayer
11-13-2023, 06:50 AM
There's no way The Peaches can't admit wrong. You blew up his small world and maybe he won't return for a while. Loser

confucius say
11-13-2023, 08:43 AM

That thread is fantastic.

Quaoarsking
11-13-2023, 08:57 AM
But today is the BEST so it balances out!

BeardoMSU
11-13-2023, 09:12 AM
But today is the BEST so it balances out!

Lol