PDA

View Full Version : Pittman out?

redstickdawg
11-12-2023, 03:02 PM
being reported by HawgInsider.
https://twitter.com/HAWGInsider101/status/1723744710869549492

So if we replace Arnett we'll need to wait until after signing day in Feb. Come on Selmon grow a pair and if we can't manage Keenum needs to step away as he fooked up this hire.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 03:03 PM
It's just humiliating to watch Texas A&M, Boise State, and Arkansas all do the right thing for our programs today and have us be too scared.

PLEASE prove me wrong, Selmon and Keenum.

parabrave
11-12-2023, 03:08 PM
TAM just broke the dam. Jerry opening the checkbook for Gus before someone else gets him.

msstate7
11-12-2023, 03:09 PM
TAM just broke the dam. Jerry opening the checkbook for Gus before someone else gets him.

Are they really making this move for Gus? I think they should aim higher

TrapGame
11-12-2023, 03:09 PM
I figured after that showing against Okie St. he'd be on Arkansas's radar. Didn't think Arkie would fire Pittman this soon.

And we just...wait...

RocketDawg
11-12-2023, 03:12 PM
I figured after that showing against Okie St. he'd be on Arkansas's radar. Didn't think Arkie would fire Pittman this soon.

And we just...wait...

Well ... we did beat them this year, and losing to State has often been the straw that broke the camel's back on firing the coach.

StarkVegasSteve
11-12-2023, 03:24 PM
IF, and it's a big if, Arky moves on Pittman today it may be the push we need to make the move today instead of waiting.

WinningIsRelentless
11-12-2023, 03:34 PM
What the hell does it matter if we fire him today or in 11 days? Selmon is on the phone with agents and the third party advisory groups. No formal interviews will take place till 2 weeks from today if you Friday someone today or 11 days from today.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 03:37 PM
What the hell does it matter if we fire him today or in 11 days? Selmon is on the phone with agents and the third party advisory groups. No formal interviews will take place till 2 weeks from today if you Friday someone today or 11 days from today.

I can think of 4 really good reasons why it does matter:
https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?99059-What-firing-Arnett-today-accomplishes-as-opposed-to-firing-him-on-Thanksgiving-Friday

Ultimately, I suspect the few fans who don't want Arnett fired today are secretly hoping he can somehow still save his job and return next year.

StarkVegasSteve
11-12-2023, 03:45 PM

Because our fan base is checked out. If Arnett is on the sidelines there will be 15K there this weekend and OM will outnumber us in our own stadium at The Egg Bowl. Fire him and you get his stench off the program and show folks that you are willing to make the hard decisions now rather than wait.

Bothrops
11-12-2023, 03:52 PM

Anyone they aim higher for would be a huge risk. Gus is safe and bowl game bound. They are lucky they have that to consider. Us, meanwhile, not so much.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-12-2023, 03:53 PM

Gus is about as high as Arkansas can get.

msstate7
11-12-2023, 03:54 PM

Then we're screwed.

KB21
11-12-2023, 03:55 PM
The reason is, we have seen this play out with Moorhead. He was going to be fired until he won the egg. That is the concern. We may have an OM team in IVB a head coach that has checked out.

Bothrops
11-12-2023, 03:55 PM
Then we're screwed.

Yeah...we are.

parabrave
11-12-2023, 04:00 PM
If you have listened to Arnett and watched him the last few weeks he knows he won't be retained.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
11-12-2023, 04:01 PM
The reason is, we have seen this play out with Moorhead. He was going to be fired until he won the egg. That is the concern. We may have an OM team in IVB a head coach that has checked out.

There is zero way Arnett wins the Egg Bowl. Even if the Lane Train and all his assistants take off to College Station prior to the Egg Bowl, Mississippi will beat us with GAs on talent and previous coaching alone.

BuckyIsAB****
11-12-2023, 04:02 PM
I can think of 4 really good reasons why it does matter:
https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?99059-What-firing-Arnett-today-accomplishes-as-opposed-to-firing-him-on-Thanksgiving-Friday

Ultimately, I suspect the few fans who don't want Arnett fired today are secretly hoping he can somehow still save his job and return next year.

Bingo

WPS
11-12-2023, 04:09 PM

Which is sad considering 10 years ago Arkansas was getting coaches from the Atlanta Falcons and Wisconsin Badgers.

If Gus ends up at Arkansas it will 100% be because of Tyson and there better be NIL promises involved. He?s very close with the Tyson family. But it would probably allow Arkansas to keep its defensive coaching staff too and might hold the recruiting class together a bit. Still wouldn?t be a very exciting hire for the fanbase with a retread.

msstate7
11-12-2023, 04:18 PM

It's against the laws of physics to check out to the level required for us to win egg

EdwardDrayton
11-12-2023, 04:21 PM
It's just humiliating to watch Texas A&M, Boise State, and Arkansas all do the right thing for our programs today and have us be too scared.

PLEASE prove me wrong, Selmon and Keenum.

Maybe someday we'll actually have folks in Maroon and White who are leaders.