PDA

View Full Version : So the early carousel looks like...

Coach34
11-12-2023, 02:23 PM
A&M gonna make a run at Lanning and then after he says no- it will probably go after Lame Kitten and a couple more.
UPig 100% gonna try to bring the GusBus home. Have to like their chances there

Florida is between a rock and a hard-on. Do they put Billy Bob in the road with a Top 5 recruiting class set to be signed? Foley has to be popping the tums every evening right now between the texts and calls.

Selmon is having to keep his phone plugged in he is using it so much right now.

The fun is just beginning

parabrave
11-12-2023, 02:25 PM
Excuse my ignorance but who is Lanning? Why is no one mentioning Dabo?

StarkVegasSteve
11-12-2023, 02:27 PM
Excuse my ignorance but who is Lanning? Why is no one mentioning Dabo?

Dan Lanning. HC at Oregon. No one is mentioning Dabo because Dabo refuses to use the portal. No one wants to hire a coach that against the portal

Bothrops
11-12-2023, 02:53 PM
Lame is the safest hire A&M could make. That should be their only one, imo. Imagine getting any player he wanted without cny constraints. This is an easy decision.

StarkVegasSteve
11-12-2023, 03:18 PM
Lame is the safest hire A&M could make. That should be their only one, imo. Imagine getting any player he wanted without cny constraints. This is an easy decision.

The safest hire they could make is Traylor at UTSA. He is Texas through and through. They would clean up the state of Texas

parabrave
11-12-2023, 03:24 PM
The safest hire they could make is Traylor at UTSA. He is Texas through and through. They would clean up the state of Texas

They didn't hand out 75 Mil to hire someone at UTSA. Remember where their AD came from.

Pancho
11-12-2023, 03:27 PM
their weak AD is simply a puppet for the Board of Regents and the several billionaire boosters

StarkVegasSteve
11-12-2023, 03:29 PM
They didn't hand out 75 Mil to hire someone at UTSA. Remember where their AD came from.

Their AD was not in the building when Kiffin was hired at OM. He has no relationship with Kiffin

bobcat91
11-12-2023, 03:56 PM
Lane is not a TAMU culture fit. They will go hard after Lanning then Elko

Bothrops
11-12-2023, 03:59 PM
Lane is not a TAMU culture fit. They will go hard after Lanning then Elko

Yeah if they want to potentially foul it up all over again. The only culture Lane cares about is winning.

LC Dawg
11-12-2023, 04:08 PM
Kiffin is going to only lose two games this year and both of those were because Ole Miss was out talented. That won't be a problem at A&M.
In regards to culture Kiffin is actually a pretty weird guy so maybe he would fit in.
I do think the A&M job is slightly less attractive with Texas joining the SEC

Cooterpoot
11-12-2023, 04:08 PM
Get ready to hear some coordinator names the next couple weeks. The primary names won't come til later in the process, Thanksgivingish. I'll be surprised if we don't have a good idea by Wed before Turkey Day.
I think we're going to go hard at two or three proven head coaches first. Hopefully we get one of those, but if not, I think we hire a G5 young guy or a top Coordinator. I know- Captain Obvious.
Me I'd be begging and throwing everything at Chadwell & Elko first. Then Traylor, Kinne, Briles, Schumann, Adkins, etc. And no, I doubt Grubb or Lebby are in there but schools making changes muddy up stuff and you just never know. Could see Grubb at Boise and Lebby/Brikes at UCF if Gus moves.

redstickdawg
11-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Get ready to hear some coordinator names the next couple weeks. The primary names won't come til later in the process, Thanksgivingish. I'll be surprised if we don't have a good idea by Wed before Turkey Day.
I think we're going to go hard at two or three proven head coaches first. Hopefully we get one of those, but if not, I think we hire a G5 young guy or a top Coordinator. I know- Captain Obvious.
Me I'd be begging and throwing everything at Chadwell & Elko first. Then Traylor, Kinne, Briles, Schumann, Adkins, etc.

so you're saying that we can expect Barbey to be our next HC :o

Cooterpoot
11-12-2023, 04:12 PM
so you're saying that we can expect Barbey to be our next HC :o

We can expect his ass in the unemployment line

StarkVegasSteve
11-12-2023, 04:13 PM
Me I'd be begging and throwing everything at Chadwell & Elko first. Then Traylor, Kinne, Briles, Schumann, Adkins, etc.

Wouldn't touch Elko with a 10 ft pole. We need someone to excite and fire up the fanbase. He will not do it. He looks like Arnett on the sidelines. He probably is a good coach but we need someone who can win the press conference. Our program is so apathetic right now that another roll up your sleeves and bring your lunch pale hire will just cause more apathy

defiantdog
11-12-2023, 04:36 PM
Wouldn't touch Elko with a 10 ft pole. We need someone to excite and fire up the fanbase. He will not do it. He looks like Arnett on the sidelines. He probably is a good coach but we need someone who can win the press conference. Our program is so apathetic right now that another roll up your sleeves and bring your lunch pale hire will just cause more apathy
Don't want another defensive guy

Really Clark?
11-12-2023, 04:40 PM

Correct

msstate7
11-12-2023, 04:42 PM
Don't want another defensive guy

The best 2 coaches in the country are defensive guys. Just bc ours sucks doesn't mean all do

defiantdog
11-12-2023, 04:45 PM
The best 2 coaches in the county are defensive guys. Just bc ours sucks doesn't mean all do
True, Duke does have a better recruiting class than us currently

msstate7
11-12-2023, 04:47 PM
True, Duke does have a better recruiting class than us currently

Damn, didn't realize that haha

Maverick91
11-12-2023, 05:00 PM
We can expect his ass in the unemployment line

Can you explain why we haven’t fired him today?

HoopsDawg
11-12-2023, 05:02 PM

Who gives a damn about winning a press conference. Croom had the best press conference I've ever seen and JoeMo won it too.

We need a program leader.

Cooterpoot
11-12-2023, 05:10 PM
Can you explain why we haven?t fired him today?

Because it doesn't matter. We're firing the staff anyway and can't hire who we want right now. It's all good.
I get fans want something to cheer for but it really don't matter.

StarkVegasSteve
11-12-2023, 05:12 PM
Who gives a damn about winning a press conference. Croom had the best press conference I've ever seen and JoeMo won it too.

We need a program leader.

Right now, we need to care. We have to win a bunch of people back immediately and can not wait until October to do it. Program Leaders do not emerge til games are played.

StarkVegasSteve
11-12-2023, 05:14 PM
The best 2 coaches in the country are defensive guys. Just bc ours sucks doesn't mean all do

So the two who are the best two programs in the country are good. I think Arnett could be successful at either of those programs. By and large, defensive HCs fail in todays game because they favor the defense and giving them rest. They do not want up tempo and score a bunch offenses. They want ground and pound ball control offenses. They do not care if they score or not.

Pancho
11-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Plumlee in a Hogs helmet will be interesting at least. State diddles around and further proves that Keenum has his paws all over everything.