PDA

View Full Version : Why Aggy Fired Jimbo Early and Why We Should Follow Suit

Tater
11-12-2023, 01:49 PM
Aggy fired Jimbo this quickly about of fear he might "earn his job back". Jimbo screwing around and beating LSU again gives him the option to say "see, it was just a QB injury. we can turn this around." Part of what they fell into a trap last year. Literally what we fell into in 2019. We didn't fire the lane duck quick enough and he screwed around and won the Egg Bowl. Thankfully Moorhead got himself fired after the Willie Gay incident.

There's such a hubbub to get this done and fear within the fanbase that we won't fire him if we actually win the Egg Bowl (not talking about realistic here, college football fans by our very nature are irrational creatures.)

Then he gets to point to "we had a QB injury" (especially if Will comes back and wins that game.) and he'll be given another season to tank us potentially to 1-11. (Our non-con has 3 loseable games, really.)

It's the reality that until the decision is in writing, no one believes he's actually fired. Fire him now, galvanize the fanbase and the team, rally around winning the Mississippi Championship, and send this group out strong while hiring someone to fix this mess long term.

NCDawg
11-12-2023, 01:53 PM
Aggy fired Jimbo this quickly about of fear he might "earn his job back". Jimbo screwing around and beating LSU again gives him the option to say "see, it was just a QB injury. we can turn this around." Part of what they fell into a trap last year. Literally what we fell into in 2019. We didn't fire the lane duck quick enough and he screwed around and won the Egg Bowl. Thankfully Moorhead got himself fired after the Willie Gay incident.

There's such a hubbub to get this done and fear within the fanbase that we won't fire him if we actually win the Egg Bowl (not talking about realistic here, college football fans by our very nature are irrational creatures.)

Then he gets to point to "we had a QB injury" (especially if Will comes back and wins that game.) and he'll be given another season to tank us potentially to 1-11. (Our non-con has 3 loseable games, really.)

It's the reality that until the decision is in writing, no one believes he's actually fired. Fire him now, galvanize the fanbase and the team, rally around winning the Mississippi Championship, and send this group out strong while hiring someone to fix this mess long term.

I think you're right. No sense in keeping him on until the end of the season.

EdwardDrayton
11-12-2023, 02:01 PM
Because they don't settle for mediocrity and we won't settle for a full on $hitshow.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 02:07 PM
Also, and I think this is more important - we are more likely to win the last 2 games without him than with him.

Commercecomet24
11-12-2023, 02:09 PM
Jimbo got zached, lol!

Ranchdawg
11-12-2023, 02:17 PM
i agree fire now. Something that is being lost in all of this is us the fans. I personally spend a lot of money to attend football games. What about us? And I am not happy at all with what I see from my football team our football players our football coaches and our whole atheletic Dept. Either step up and show we are serious or accept that we not going to be serious about football in the future. That we will accept that we are nothing more than a SEC welfare atheletic dept. and a auto win for most of the rest of the league. It angers the crud out of me.

NCDawg
11-12-2023, 02:18 PM
Jimbo got zached, lol!

Guess A&M thought if they couldn't beat our soft, slow team by more than 41 points, they shouldn't keep their coach. Actually, I think they made the decision after they lost to Ole Miss.

Commercecomet24
11-12-2023, 02:22 PM
Guess A&M thought if they couldn't beat our soft, slow team by more than 41 points, they shouldn't keep their coach. Actually, I think they made the decision after they lost to Ole Miss.

Yeah this has been coming. He was getting fired no matter what. This was his crap or get off the pot Year and he didn?t.

Tater
11-12-2023, 03:04 PM
i agree fire now. Something that is being lost in all of this is us the fans. I personally spend a lot of money to attend football games. What about us? And I am not happy at all with what I see from my football team our football players our football coaches and our whole atheletic Dept. Either step up and show we are serious or accept that we not going to be serious about football in the future. That we will accept that we are nothing more than a SEC welfare atheletic dept. and a auto win for most of the rest of the league. It angers the crud out of me.

I mean Im not going to USM if he's the coach.

Pancho
11-12-2023, 03:08 PM
I'm told the board of regents met and decided Jimbo's fate on this past thursday. It was etched in stone prior to the game last night.

Maverick91
11-12-2023, 04:44 PM
Been saying this for a few weeks. Zero reason to keep him.

Cooterpoot
11-12-2023, 05:15 PM
Arnett cannot win his job back. It's over and done whether he's fired today, tomorrow, or Black Friday.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 05:19 PM
Arnett cannot win his job back. It's over and done whether he's fired today, tomorrow, or Black Friday.

At any other profession in America, someone in this position is fired immediately. And at most schools, in this profession too.

Cooterpoot
11-12-2023, 05:34 PM
At any other profession in America, someone in this position is fired immediately. And at most schools, in this profession too.

Show me all the first year coaches fired before a season ends without their peckers in something. Then, one hired under our circumstances. Everything isnt the same. And I don't care one way or the other, but I can understand either way too.

calidawg
11-12-2023, 05:48 PM
An unbelievable amount of hubris to fire a coach mid season after winning an SEC game by 40.

I can only hope we let the season play out in full. Win the last 2 and Arnett has 2 top 25 wins and a bowl game to build into next year.

Tater
11-12-2023, 05:49 PM
An unbelievable amount of hubris to fire a coach mid season after winning an SEC game by 40.

I can only hope we let the season play out in full. Win the last 2 and Arnett has 2 top 25 wins and a bowl game to build into next year.

This comment right here officer.

R2Dawg
11-12-2023, 06:34 PM

Yeah quite a bit of arrogance for a program that has won exactly nothing in its existence.

I hope that is not the case but it could be. Those with short memories, Leach was in a little warm seat with the egg bowl deal. He needed that year 3 win (not to keep his job) but to keep his seat from getting hot the next year. I hate to say it but if Zack wins the Miss title (USM and OM) it scares me to think the staff is coming back.