PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning Thoughts- Have We Fired Arnett Yet Edition

StarkVegasSteve
11-12-2023, 01:41 PM
I was honestly over the game last night before it even began. I had a slight hope when we housed the opening kickoff but that quickly faded once I remembered who played D for us.

1. Zach Arnett needs to be fired today. It's not going to give us any type of leg up or anything but we need to get some positive juice back in the building or we risk losing both of our remaining two games. I know that sounds crazy because USM is so bad, but this team has straight up given up. Let Knox or Hughes take over and at least make sure you win next week.

2. The Egg Bowl will be bad. Just prepare yourselves. It's going to make 08 look pleasant. With Dart they'll beat us by 7 TDs. Without they will beat us by 5 TDs.

3. Chris Parson is not ready. He looked like a freshman last night. Late on throws, bad throws, and bad decisions. But that is to be expected. He was playing behind a terrible OL and for a god awful play caller. I'm not ready to close the door on him yet but we are going to need a transfer QB next year.

4. Jett Johnson has been a great ambassador for the program, but he is SLOW. He cannot cover anyone in the open field and unless he is running straight up the middle into the box he is not going to make the tackle. We are going to be better at that position when he is gone because we will have LBs who can at least cover a TE and maybe run down a QB.

5. Find a way to keep Zavion and a couple of others. Keeping Tulu is out of the question at this point, but we HAVE to keep Zavion, Davis, and Whittemore. All the others, well they can follow Arnett out the door honestly.

6. We have to nail this hire. This will be the most important hire in the history of MSU football. Miss on this one, and we will be Vanderbilt level for the foreseeable future. We are going to probably have to overpay, but so be it. We cannot go cheap or extreme risk with this next hire.

7. You're on the clock Selmon

FISHDAWG
11-12-2023, 02:13 PM
I agree .... even with the portal we are still looking at a three or four year hole to climb out of .... may as well get started because I'm starting to run out of years

StarkVegasSteve
11-12-2023, 02:17 PM
I agree .... even with the portal we are still looking at a three or four year hole to climb out of .... may as well get started because I'm starting to run out of years

With the right coach and right QB we can turn it around next year. Our home conference schedule is against 2 teams definitely replacing their coach and one, Florida, possibly replacing their coach. Add that to a road schedule against a Tennessee team that all of a sudden looks like a one hit wonder, a Texas team that is replacing Ewers, and the Egg Bowl. I mean 7-8 wins in year 1 WITH THE RIGHT HIRE is attainable. Again, right hire solves a lot of problems and the right QB can cover up even more.