PDA

View Full Version : Does firing/keeping Arnett make a difference in whether you attend the USM game?

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 12:33 PM
I think it does. I haven't voluntarily skipped a home game against an FBS team since I think 2004. (Didn't go to any 2020, and I was too sick to go to the Vandy game in 2014, but otherwise I think I've only missed FCS games since then.)

But if our administration gives so little of a shit about our program so much that they're going to trot out Arnett out there Saturday, do I really want to take the whole day to go "support" it? I'm at least considering not showing up. Yikes.

I'll still root for us to win, of course. It would be humiliating to lose to Southern Miss.

Coach34
11-12-2023, 12:35 PM
I've got Egg Bowl tickets and will attend regardless. Firing Arnett today does nothing for the program. What's the difference in now and 2 weeks from now?

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 12:36 PM
I've got Egg Bowl tickets and will attend regardless. Firing Arnett today does nothing for the program.

"USM game" - it's in the title of the thread.

Tater
11-12-2023, 12:39 PM
I've got Egg Bowl tickets and will attend regardless. Firing Arnett today does nothing for the program. What's the difference in now and 2 weeks from now?

Fire Arnett and save a few Deer lives.

Coach34
11-12-2023, 12:40 PM
"USM game" - it's in the title of the thread.

same thang. Firing him today or in 2 weeks make no difference. Let him get one more win. The team came out and played hard in the 1st half last night

sandjunky
11-12-2023, 12:41 PM
same thang. Firing him today or in 2 weeks make no difference. Let him get one more win. The team came out and played hard in the 1st half last night

Mustard Buzzards win straight up

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 12:42 PM
same thang.
No? Not even close. We have an emotional attachment to the Egg Bowl that will get people there. I too am attending that game no matter what.

Firing him today or in 2 weeks make no difference.
It makes a huge difference in our probabilities of winning the games.

Let him get one more win. The team came out and played hard in the 1st half last night
Dude, wtf? It was an all-around pathetic performance aside from Zavion's return on the first play. Almost as pathetic as you STILL carrying water for this team and staff even after the 51-10 beatdown from a coach that is fired.

Coach34
11-12-2023, 12:43 PM
QB play wont get better until Rogers returns or next season. Firing Arnett wont change that

Tater
11-12-2023, 12:45 PM
We got stuffed on 3rd and 1 and fourth and short.

That's not Misssissippi State football. That's not playing hard. That's getting out worked. Idc what the talent gap is, you can go push the other guy for half a ****ing yard.

EdwardDrayton
11-12-2023, 01:33 PM
Zac must be rolling quarters to see if we have enough for the buyout.

BuckyIsAB****
11-12-2023, 01:37 PM

Do you want to win the last 2?

msudawg1200
11-12-2023, 01:51 PM
I'm not going and spend my hard earned money on these clown coaches. I was planning on going. If they fire Arnett I might, but probably still not. I'm done until we have new leadership.