PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- Desperation Saturday Edition

Coach34
11-12-2023, 12:01 PM
1. Got home at 2:30 am after playoff loss. Took our little bunch 3.5 hours to be the sacrificial lamb the 9th ranked team going for their Coach's 400th career win. Five 9th graders starting, best player/weapon out with a fractured foot, rain negating our speed advantage, and having to move my best OL player to Center because they had a NG that was 6'3/300 that could move. Fun times. Put me in the group of people who now hate artificial turf. All of our regular season games were on turf this year. 2 ACL's, 2 foot fractures, 3 severe sprains, and a meniscus tear. But hey- at least we wont get muddy now. Smoked chicken on the grill for just over 2 hours with my sweet/heat rub I put together. Perfect of course

2. Desperation Saturday finally arrived. Miss State coaching staff showing it's desperation by starting a Freshman QB on the road in front of 100K people. Knowing good and GD well he wasnt ready to do it. Playing him was fine- starting him no. He hasnt had the practice reps necessary due to injury that he needed to be confident enough to make that start. Many State fans were desperate also in their hope of a Georgia win. Taco makers around the state would have been crying in their beer and vaping like crazy had Lame Kitten pulled off the improbable last night. I just relaxed and made money off of it plus Oklahoma. Things come in 3's both good and bad.

3. Parson was bad. Late on throws that caused picks that ended any chance we had early on. Kept giving A&M great field position in the 1st Q and that was something we just couldnt afford to do and stay in the game. A&M's gameplan was to blitz him every play and it worked. Barbay and Crew did him no favors either giving some easy throws or screens early on to get him some confidence. Barbay's 3rd and 2 call into the teeth of the D was bad and then we tried the QB sneak into it again on 4th down with no success. You have athletic QB's- make calls to take advantage of that. We didnt

4. Jett is so bad in pass coverage. Holy hell. Plays hard...smart player. Physical. But he is as worthless as Lizzo in a bikini contest in pass coverage. But he isnt the only one. 3rd and long- A&M runs Green/Orange for the 1st down. A simple Go by #1 and an out by the inside slot. Easy throw and catch. You shouldnt even have to be coached to be able to cover that 10 games into the season. The lack of talent and speed on defense is just bad. A&M's QB ran by guys for a 22 yard TD in which at least 3 of our guys had angles- andddddd we still couldnt get there to make the tackle. Lack of Speed.

5. Well, Jimbo never has to work another day in his life. Congrats man. Helluva career for a little know-it-all. Won a Natty. Walking off with a helluva retirement package.

6. Contrary to one of poster's claims- this team hadnt quit. He is only spouting off the butt hurt from one of our QB's and some of the Pre-Madonna WR's. The rest of the team came out and played hard. We just dont have the QB play to be functional right now. That's beyond obvious. We dont have the talent on D we need- so the disfunction on offense with bad QB play makes the D have to play more plays in bad situations making that side of the ball even worse also. Vicious cycle.

7. Why the calls to fire Arnett today? What is that going to do? People know our job is open. We are talking to agents. Agents are contacting our AD. The process has begun. Firing Arnett does nothing at this point.

8. Dont worry about A&M or even possibly Fla looking for coaches this cycle. We arent shopping at the same store as they are. We arent getting a "name" guy or the flavor of the year G5 coach. We are going to get someone willing to chance his future on a 4 year deal with a small NIL plus a bad roster as well as being in the desperate position of having to find a QB for 2024. Glad I'm not Selmon.

9. Basketball looked good again yesterday even with not having some of our top guys yet on the floor. Hubbard is going to be a good player but I hope he learns what Gary Ervin never did- stop driving into the land of trees and getting your shit swatted. The freshman Center from Georgia is going to be good for us after Tolu leaves. Looking forward to an exciting basketball season.

10. How about Lemon and the flurry of commitments recently??? Staff doing work getting that next recruiting class put together after a successful Fall. Even with football falling on its face- we should save the season with good showings in the last 2 parts of the Big 3.

Hail State

confucius say
11-12-2023, 12:30 PM
On 8, it's not Aggie and Florida I worry about.
It's they carousel starting and then we are competing with people on our level for coaches because they now have vacancies.

Coach34
11-12-2023, 12:33 PM
On 8, it's not Aggie and Florida I worry about.
It's they carousel starting and then we are competing with people on our level for coaches because they now have vacancies.

Only concern would be Mississippi after Lame Kitten leave them. If I'm Fla- I make that happen

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 12:38 PM
7. Why the calls to fire Arnett today? What is that going to do? People know our job is open. We are talking to agents. Agents are contacting our AD. The process has begun. Firing Arnett does nothing at this point.

Actually, having Arnett coaching these last 2 games lowers our probability on winning in either. We're more likely to win either of them without him.

That's the reason to make the change.

defiantdog
11-12-2023, 12:40 PM
Only concern would be Mississippi after Lame Kitten leave them. If I'm Fla- I make that happen

The only way Napier is fire is if Scott is fired too. Penny loafers isn't getting a third chance at a new coach. He's going down with this hire. I expect Sunbelt and Penny Loafers get one more year.

Coach34
11-12-2023, 12:42 PM
The only way Napier is fire is if Scott is fired too. Penny loafers isn't getting a third chance at a new coach. He's going down with this hire. I expect Sunbelt and Penny Loafers get one more year.

Loafers hasnt made a football hire yet and wont the next time they hire someone. Spurrier and Foley hired Mullen and Billy Bob

DownwardDawg
11-12-2023, 12:46 PM
Get Arnett as far away from our football program as you possibly can!!! Today!!!!!

BuckyIsAB****
11-12-2023, 12:47 PM
Youre right this these players are clearly all in. Giving great effort. Idk how our practices arent translating to the field. It?s probably leaches sons fault we lost by 41 to a coach that got fired the next day.

Coach34
11-12-2023, 01:20 PM
They made the decision to fire Jimbo on Thursday per reports.

RiverCityDawg
11-12-2023, 01:22 PM
Youre right this these players are clearly all in. Giving great effort. Idk how our practices arent translating to the field. It?s probably leaches sons fault we lost by 41 to a coach that got fired the next day.

Don't forget bad QB play causing the disfunction on offense. I'm sure it would be spinning like a top if QB wasn't so bad. It's even the QBs fault our defense is as bad as it is. The defense would just be sorta bad and not completely putrid, if only the QB was better.

basedog
11-12-2023, 01:31 PM
34, when everyone under the sun that's Arnett want be back next season you just go ahead and do it, fire him and move on. We aren't gonna get better with him staying especially on offense. Yes, it's better now and get this over with and start right away with dealing with our next step.

I suppose your loyalty for a couple of buddies is more important to you than what is best for Msu. But to each there own as we all know it's coming, no use to keep this mess going while Arnett is at the wheel.

DEDawg
11-12-2023, 01:39 PM
I stopped reading at smoking chicken for 2 hours. Criminal.

Coach34
11-12-2023, 02:36 PM
I suppose your loyalty for a couple of buddies is more important to you than what is best for Msu. But to each there own as we all know it's coming, no use to keep this mess going while Arnett is at the wheel.

There is no loyalty to anybody. Firing him today accomplishes absolutely nothing that firing him the Friday after Thanksgiving will.

It wont make the QB play any better out of the 2 back-ups and it wont make the defense any faster.

BlackSailsDawg
11-12-2023, 02:39 PM
Don't forget bad QB play causing the disfunction on offense. I'm sure it would be spinning like a top if QB wasn't so bad. It's even the QBs fault our defense is as bad as it is. The defense would just be sorta bad and not completely putrid, if only the QB was better.

LOL!!!

basedog
11-12-2023, 02:41 PM
There is no loyalty to anybody. Firing him today accomplishes absolutely nothing that firing him the Friday after Thanksgiving will.

It wont make the QB play any better out of the 2 back-ups and it wont make the defense any faster.

Just more drama with him on sideline next two weeks. Yes, nothing would change so I’m in for ok let’s do it. Too much drama on the sideline. It’s a business now days, if we handle this way he will be gone, Arnett knows his gone.

LC Dawg
11-12-2023, 02:52 PM

Firing him today probably pushes me closer to making the 3 hour drive to Starkville next week and on Thanksgiving. I'm tired of making that drive and spending my money to watch a head coach stand 20 yards downfield from the line of scrimmage looking as confused as me trying to figure out my wife's moods.

confucius say
11-12-2023, 04:24 PM

It could change morale. Happens every year.
May not, but could.

defiantdog
11-12-2023, 04:31 PM
It could change morale. Happens every year.
May not, but could.
Practice might actually be useful. Arnett has the same body language at practice btw.

Activated Alpha
11-12-2023, 05:14 PM
If it doesn't matter now then why not go on ahead and ****ing do it. It has become really strange to see you and Homedawg sit on yalls hands like this. Normally yall are not like that

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 05:15 PM
If it doesn't matter now then why not go on ahead and ****ing do it. It has become really strange to see you and Homedawg sit on yalls hands like this. Normally yall are not like that

It's because they don't really want Arnett fired.

Coach34
11-12-2023, 07:50 PM
He's getting fired. Shit- we are in talks with his damn agent about what other clients are interested. But he is probably remaining coach until the Friday after Thanksgiving

Now that the pure AR is gone- I dont care who the coach is