PDA

View Full Version : Help me understand the Bashing

Cowbell
11-12-2023, 11:14 AM
CZA is not meant to be a HC now and it's evident to us all, and even moreso him. He was put in a tough spot regardless and nobody can argue that. We as a fanbase know that he is gone, so be respectful. We currently hold the egg bowl trophy solely because of his defensive genius and TuLu saving a touchdown. I would love to have him back as a DC. The man has a wife and kids and loved Starkville before this. He chose to take the HC gig when his only other option was to move his family again to no wrongdoing of his own - the next HC hire if not him would have brought in his own guys. It's apparent he's miserable in the position. If we are gonna be mad we should be mad at keenum in my opinion.

msstate7
11-12-2023, 11:17 AM
Has anyone ever been fired from a school and taken a job at the same school the next season as a cood?

Cowbell
11-12-2023, 11:17 AM
Has anyone ever been fired from a school and taken a job at the same school the next season as a cood?

Doubtful and it's not going to happen here either.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-12-2023, 11:18 AM
This is a valid point. I like Zach. He did us a good job as DC, and he was put in a bad situation as head coach. I support terminating him, but it should be done in a professional manner.

civildawg
11-12-2023, 11:22 AM
This is a valid point. I like Zach. He did us a good job as DC, and he was put in a bad situation as head coach. I support terminating him, but it should be done in a professional manner.

We should be bashing Keenum

CadaverDawg
11-12-2023, 11:25 AM
When you throw your hat in the ring for a job paying millions per year, you're saying you are the man to succeed at it. When you don't succeed, you catch all that comes with it. Nature of the beast.

That being said, I see more people just saying to get him out of here than I do people "bashing" him. He stinks as a HC....at this point we all know it and so does he. The one that is about to start getting "bashing" is Selmon if he doesn't hurry up and cut bait. He has been pretty quiet overall since his arrival, and people are wanting him to step up now. Watch the anger start shifting towards him the longer this drags out. And Keenum too. Nature of the business.

Make no mistake, Bjork fired Jimbo to save his own ass, not for any other reason.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 11:31 AM

You could argue Luke Fickell, but he was never "officially" the head coach at Ohio State, just a year-long interim.

But even if we accept that as an answer, it's time to move on from Arnett entirely. Let him go be the DC somewhere else, and he'll probably get another chance as a head coach somewhere one day.

Charlie_Sheen420
11-12-2023, 11:39 AM
You could argue Luke Fickell, but he was never "officially" the head coach at Ohio State, just a year-long interim.

But even if we accept that as an answer, it's time to move on from Arnett entirely. Let him go be the DC somewhere else, and he'll probably get another chance as a head coach somewhere one day.
Yeah you can’t keep him here if some of the players are upset with him as has been implied it would keep a rift that we can’t have moving toward

WSOPdawg
11-12-2023, 11:40 AM

This is the correct answer.

BeardoMSU
11-12-2023, 11:56 AM

He's always been in over his head.

DownwardDawg
11-12-2023, 12:01 PM
Get him out of here ASAP. No bashing. Just goodbye.

Bothrops
11-12-2023, 01:09 PM
CZA is not meant to be a HC now and it's evident to us all, and even moreso him. He was put in a tough spot regardless and nobody can argue that. We as a fanbase know that he is gone, so be respectful. We currently hold the egg bowl trophy solely because of his defensive genius and TuLu saving a touchdown. I would love to have him back as a DC. The man has a wife and kids and loved Starkville before this. He chose to take the HC gig when his only other option was to move his family again to no wrongdoing of his own - the next HC hire if not him would have brought in his own guys. It's apparent he's miserable in the position. If we are gonna be mad we should be mad at keenum in my opinion.

It's dumb to bash Arnett, it really is. He thought changing the offense was a good move and it blew up in his face. Im sure he regrets that one. People act like he's gonna make all the right moves to put us forward. How many new coaches are on the chopping block in this league alone? How many will be next year? That's not to mention the extremely unlikely circumstance we were facing when we hired him. He wasn't expecting to be HC, but it's not like he could turn the opportunity down. He's done. Cut him some slack!

EdwardDrayton
11-12-2023, 01:19 PM
What does that even mean 'bashing him'. We're not making personal comments about him or his family. We're just saying a change needs to be made. Now.