PDA

View Full Version : I'd gladly trade a school Jans and Lemo for a winning football coach

CadaverDawg
11-12-2023, 10:55 AM
I love hoops and baseball, but give me a good football program that competes for playoffs and titles, and I wouldn't care if we did away with the other two sports.

And in that trade scenario, adding Lemo to the deal would be like adding a bag of chips to the combo. I just want to get rid of him

msstate7
11-12-2023, 11:18 AM
Playoffs and titles aren't happening unless some of us start hitting the lottery.

Cowbell
11-12-2023, 11:19 AM
I'm starting to think we need to quit worrying about football and go 100% towards the others

CadaverDawg
11-12-2023, 11:20 AM
I'm starting to think we need to quit worrying about football and go 100% towards the others

If football is gone, I'm gone too. Baseball and basketball are nice bridges to football when we're good at them

msstate7
11-12-2023, 11:25 AM

I don't think you completely ignore it, but in our current situation, I'd cut the biggest check for who jans wants

Coursesuper
11-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Football is the sport that pays all the bills. Without football the others will wither, even faster with the portal and NIL now, and die. We cannot afford to continue to go down the road we are currently careening down.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 11:33 AM
Playoffs and titles aren't happening unless some of us start hitting the lottery.

Disagree. A good coach will have us in the 12-team playoff a couple times per decade, and when they inevitably expand it to 16 or 24 teams, it will be even easier to get there.

msstate7
11-12-2023, 11:35 AM
Disagree. A good coach will have us in the 12-team playoff a couple times per decade, and when they inevitably expand it to 16 or 24 teams, it will be even easier to get there.

Maybe. Oklahoma and texas are gonna make it even more difficult on us

Barkman Turner Overdrive
11-12-2023, 11:38 AM
If football is gone, I'm gone too.

That is some sidewalk alum mentality. Did you even graduate from Mississippi State?

BeardoMSU
11-12-2023, 11:41 AM

Would hope so, but the NIL thread from the other day was pretty damning (and depressing) in terms of how our fans view competing in the NIL world (if you take it as representative, obv).

CadaverDawg
11-12-2023, 11:47 AM
That is some sidewalk alum mentality. Did you even graduate from Mississippi State?

First of all, it won't ever happen. Second of all, if our program quits on football and the fans of football, why the hell can't we quit on the program?

Charlie_Sheen420
11-12-2023, 11:50 AM
First of all, it won't ever happen. Second of all, if our program quits on football and the fans of football, why the hell can't we quit on the program?
We can’t quit….we have the disease man

BeardoMSU
11-12-2023, 11:54 AM

You don't say**

https://media.tenor.com/dJWU9XkcXU8AAAAM/omw-to-the-rescue-to-the-rescue.gif

CadaverDawg
11-12-2023, 11:54 AM

Facts. Unfortunately

Bothrops
11-12-2023, 11:57 AM
Our seasonal winning average expectation has moved down now. The greedy corporations wanted big change, and they're getting it. But it comes at a price for us and other programs like us. From the retarded conference realignment moves and asinine head coaching salaries, to the NIL and ridiculous transfer rules, the college game has been effectively destroyed. And it's what they wanted!

EdwardDrayton
11-12-2023, 11:59 AM
Stand tall fellas. It takes a mountain man to be a State fan. It's for life and it ain't for pu$$ies.

Extendedcab
11-12-2023, 12:03 PM
Our seasonal winning average expectation has moved down now. The greedy corporations wanted big change, and they're getting it. But it comes at a price for us and other programs like us. From the retarded conference realignment moves and asinine head coaching salaries, to the NIL and ridiculous transfer rules, the college game has been effectively destroyed. And it's what they wanted!

I tried to give some Rep! I have to spread it around more first :(

Bothrops
11-12-2023, 12:13 PM
I tried to give some Rep! I have to spread it around more first :(

You don't have to spread it around. The reputation is noted in my book.

Homedawg
11-12-2023, 12:28 PM

We have finished once in the top 12 since 1941 and you think twice In a decade?? That's optimism.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 12:30 PM
We have finished once in the top 12 since 1941 and you think twice In a decade?? That's optimism.

Very few of those years are relevant to today.

Homedawg
11-12-2023, 12:35 PM
Okie dokie

Coach34
11-12-2023, 12:37 PM

Our schedule will only get tougher. We will never compete for the NC and are unlikely to make the 12 team playoff. NIL and transfer rules all but sealed that up

cheewgumm
11-12-2023, 12:40 PM
It is hilarious listening to our fans say how badly they want to win and would do anything?yet?

Giving $20,per month is a bridge too far.

Not directed at anyone specifically just our general fan attitude.

BeardoMSU
11-12-2023, 12:44 PM
It is hilarious listening to our fans say how badly they want to win and would do anything?yet?

Yep.

Offshore Dawg
11-12-2023, 01:01 PM

Waiting for someone else to write the check, talk is cheap.

PGHBulldogBG
11-12-2023, 01:04 PM
I would take bad football if it means we keep Jans and win a natty and some SEC titles. We need to give Jans what he wants so we can become a solid hoops program again

EdwardDrayton
11-12-2023, 01:04 PM

It can be structured so that it's palatable for folks. Someone just needs to get creative.

cheewgumm
11-12-2023, 01:09 PM
$20 per month = good players

Good player = more wins

More wins = increased happiness

EdwardDrayton
11-12-2023, 01:11 PM
I love hoops and baseball, but give me a good football program that competes for playoffs and titles, and I wouldn't care if we did away with the other two sports.

And in that trade scenario, adding Lemo to the deal would be like adding a bag of chips to the combo. I just want to get rid of him

Hell, I'd be happy we were able to GET a bag of chips for Lemo.

SpaceBully
11-12-2023, 01:42 PM
True. But it won't help us from getting into the Football Super Conference Playoffs. We'll still always be in the SEC, but I believe there will be 6 teams that won't make it. Doesn't matter to me. I will always support MSU even if we play for the D1A championship.

HoopsDawg
11-12-2023, 01:55 PM

Our President has been directing millions of surplus athletic dollars to the academic side. We also had a donor give 100 million to academics with none going to NIL. 1-2 million could have done wonders. That doesn't make me fired up to give.

BankerDog
11-12-2023, 02:01 PM
Our President has been directing millions of surplus athletic dollars to the academic side. We also had a donor give 100 million to academics with none going to NIL. 1-2 million could have done wonders. That doesn't make me fired up to give.

I?ve heard the same on Keenum. Football went to him to add more staffing for transfer portal evaluators and he told the athletic office to get the Bulldog club to pay for it. Keenum is using athletic funds to fund academics

Bothrops
11-12-2023, 02:45 PM

Somebody dropped a million to NIL recently. At MSU better make it twenty.