PDA

View Full Version : Selmon needs to act or get fired

redstickdawg
11-12-2023, 10:30 AM
this is beyond stupid at this point, either crap or get off the pot. You have a job do it. If Arnett coaches the EB Selmon needs to be unemployed as well.

Charlie_Sheen420
11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
this is beyond stupid at this point, either crap or get off the pot. You have a job do it. If Arnett coaches the EB Selmon needs to be unemployed as well.
If we fire Selmon, we need to fire the guy who hired him….seriously scorch the damn earth at this point

EdwardDrayton
11-12-2023, 10:34 AM
He let a 6-4 bowl eligible school who destroyed us by 40 beat him to firing the coach. And A&Mediocre had to come up with $70 million to do it.

Strike 1 Zac; we're waiting and the clock is ticking.

Homedawg
11-12-2023, 10:34 AM

I don't care who the ad is but firing him now makes ZERO difference except making some people in the internet happy. That's all

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 10:36 AM
I don't care who the ad is but firing him now makes ZERO difference except making some people in the internet happy. That's all

Isn't the purpose of the athletic department to make the fans happy?

It's not some objective, scientific calculation of how good a coach is, it's about keeping fans happy. Mullen and Leach didn't really have any better first seasons than Arnett (I mean, they did in my eyes, but record and FPI-wise, you can argue that), but fans were happy with those, so they stayed. Fans are incredibly unhappy with Arnett, so he's got to go. If somehow fans were fine with this season, Arnett would stay.

civildawg
11-12-2023, 10:37 AM
I thought that too but I'm honestly think if we fired him, Brock, and Barbay and let the Rogers call whatever offense in game we would be better

Really Clark?
11-12-2023, 10:43 AM
I thought that too but I'm honestly think if we fired him, Brock, and Barbay and let the Rogers call whatever offense in game we would be better

Will...really? Just finished watching Varsity Blues again didn't you.

sleepy dawg
11-12-2023, 10:45 AM

I disagree to the max. Keeping him makes a world of difference. We already know or at least strongly believe he's not the guy. Beyond that, it's pretty clear this is one of the worst coaching jobs any of us have ever seen. In the professional level almost all teams see a spike in wins after firing coaches midseason. I know that's not the same, but I bet its the same in college. The team has given up on him. The fans have given up on him. Recruits are giving up on him and it'll get worse. We need the coaching world to know our job is open right now. We need to be interviewing right now and have our new coach lined up by the end of the regular season, not starting at the end of the season. It only gets worse by waiting in every way possible.

Really Clark?
11-12-2023, 10:45 AM

I agree. If we do, I'm fine with it at this point but making a good hire is all that matters and most of the board will forget when we fired him.

civildawg
11-12-2023, 10:46 AM
Did you watch us score 3 offensive points last night? It was a tongue in cheek comment but i could have called a better game than Barbay. He's terrible

Activated Alpha
11-12-2023, 10:46 AM

It happens all the time and it would probably improve the attitude and effort on the team. Ow would it translate to a W? Maybe, but not guaranteed. Other teams fire their coach or coordinators mid season, but we have to put up with it for the entire season because we are MSU? Don?t let that mentality get to you

Charlie_Sheen420
11-12-2023, 10:49 AM
I disagree to the max. Keeping him makes a world of difference. We already know or at least strongly believe he's not the guy. Beyond that, it's pretty clear this is one of the worst coaching jobs any of us have ever seen. In the professional level almost all teams see a spike in wins after firing coaches midseason. I know that's not the same, but I bet it’s the same in college. The team has given up on him. The fans have given up on him. Recruits are giving up on him and it'll get worse. We need the coaching world to know our job is open right now. We need to be interviewing right now and have our new coach lined up by the end of the regular season, not starting at the end of the season. It only gets worse by waiting in every way possible.
You are 100% correct and it gives the new coach a chance to save some players in the class as well as possibly keeping some current players from the portal if they buy in to the new coach, but the less time there is for that less likely that is to happen

dawgday166
11-12-2023, 10:50 AM
You don't think the power brokers might wanna get out of church first LOL. I'm thinking I would fire him later today or tomorrow morning myself. And I don't go to church. And if I have a coach already lined up, not in a huge hurry then.

But then ... we're MSU and if it can be FUBAR'd more than it is now, we can do it *

Tater
11-12-2023, 10:55 AM

I mean do we want to have State fans show up to the next two games or not. I was planning to go to both at the start of this season.

Im not gonna rush down to see the USM game. Im planning to be in the egg bowl for maybe a quarter.

I think I speak for the average out of town state fan.

Tater
11-12-2023, 10:56 AM
You don't think the power brokers might wanna get out of church first LOL. I'm thinking I would fire him later today or tomorrow morning myself. And I don't go to church. And if I have a coach already lined up, not in a huge hurry then.

But then ... we're MSU and if it can be FUBAR'd more than it is now, we can do it *

Aggy ain't wait.

dawgday166
11-12-2023, 10:59 AM
Aggy ain't wait.

Situation is a little different with them. No one expected them to payout Jimbo's buyout. Even then ... what's the difference in 4 or 5 hours?

Tater
11-12-2023, 11:00 AM
Situation is a little different with them. No one expected them to payout Jimbo's buyout. Even then ... what's the difference in 4 or 5 hours?

People's decision making and planning.

HancockCountyDog
11-12-2023, 11:02 AM

I disagree. We can’t risk him going 2-0. Also, we need to let recruits and current players know that we are moving on and that there is hope.

dawgday166
11-12-2023, 11:06 AM
People's decision making and planning.

Hate to break it to you but this ain't like the USA has armies/navies surrounding us about to invade. There's nothing that time critical in these coaching changes. Now it probably needs to be done this week or maybe even as early as tomorrow, but the world doesn't stop/end on CFB alone LOL.

KOdawg1
11-12-2023, 11:08 AM

Nah. Prior to last night, I might have agreed with you, but there's no way we can let him coach these last two games. The level of incompetence is the worst I've ever seen

Cowbell
11-12-2023, 11:08 AM
The reading comprehension within this site is not helping the education image of MS. Jimbo has not been fired. They are just leaking reports that he won't be retained. He will coach Saturday just like Arnette.

Tater
11-12-2023, 11:11 AM
Hate to break it to you but this ain't like the USA has armies/navies surrounding us about to invade. There's nothing that time critical in these coaching changes. Now it probably needs to be done this week or maybe even as early as tomorrow, but the world doesn't stop/end on CFB alone LOL.

For what Selmon cares about it does.

Every minute he waits is less people going to the USM game. This affects the school's bottom line.

HancockCountyDog
11-12-2023, 11:12 AM
The reading comprehension within this site is not helping the education image of MS. Jimbo has not been fired. They are just leaking reports that he won't be retained. He will coach Saturday just like Arnette.

The reports I?m reading is that he is out today and will not coach any more games this season.

basedog
11-12-2023, 11:16 AM

I have to disagree Homedawg. It's doesn't matter IMO. Keeping him done just creates more drama the last few games.

CoachT14
11-12-2023, 11:34 AM

Maybe it?s your comprehension. They?ve already named an interim.

DownwardDawg
11-12-2023, 12:55 PM

Yeah.........

Homedawg
11-12-2023, 12:57 PM
For what Selmon cares about it does.

Every minute he waits is less people going to the USM game. This affects the school's bottom line.

Nobody is going to buy a ticket to it, only season ticket holders will come...... we aren't losing a dollar. .... now if you own a business in Starkville maybe so. But

EdwardDrayton
11-12-2023, 12:57 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/bNmVGw86/IMG-5525.gif (https://postimages.org/)

Homedawg
11-12-2023, 12:58 PM
I have to disagree Homedawg. It's doesn't matter IMO. Keeping him done just creates more drama the last few games.

You have that right. Everyone knows how this ends. So why the work up?? He's not gonna be the coach here next year.

RiverCityDawg
11-12-2023, 01:12 PM
You have that right. Everyone knows how this ends. So why the work up?? He's not gonna be the coach here next year.

Appreciate you Homedawg, but that's exactly why you should make the move now. Everyone including him knows it's coming. The players know it too. Pretending like it's not inevitable is embarrassing to everyone involved, including Arnett.

It's going to get worse before it gets better, but ripping off the bandaid now lets people look forward without all the gnashing of teeth. Energy can go towards an optimistic future instead of the disappointing present.

It would be great if people didn't get so worked up with him still the coach since we know he's gone soon, but that's just not how it goes. It's time to look forward.

basedog
11-12-2023, 01:38 PM
Appreciate you Homedawg, but that's exactly why you should make the move now. Everyone including him knows it's coming. The players know it too. Pretending like it's not inevitable is embarrassing to everyone involved, including Arnett.

It's going to get worse before it gets better, but ripping off the bandaid now lets people look forward without all the gnashing of teeth. Energy can go towards an optimistic future instead of the disappointing present.

It would be great if people didn't get so worked up with him still the coach since we know he's gone soon, but that's just not how it goes. It's time to look forward.

Exactly, I also like Homedawg, good guy but he is wrong on keeping a dead-beat Coach another couple of games. Like I said, it will just drum up more drama, at least firing him now we can discuss who will be our next Coach which is way more interesting than watching Arnett on the sideline with his arms folded.

StarkVegasSteve
11-12-2023, 01:44 PM
We can fire Arnett now but we are not going to have another hire until after the Egg Bowl at the earliest, unless it's Mullen. I do agree we need to go ahead and pull the plug but people acting like we're going to announce a new coach before the end of the week are not living in reality. We can fire him, but we are still on the same timeline. We still can only talk to agents until the regular season ends.

confucius say
11-12-2023, 02:08 PM
I really don't care if we fire him now nor wait.

I'm more concerned that we have a MoU (memorandum of understanding) with our new coach signed asap. Before the carousel gets going and we miss out.

Like Cohen did with Jans. Get it done now before the season ends.

Coach34
11-12-2023, 02:15 PM

exactly. Firing him today accomplishes nothing

StarkVegasSteve
11-12-2023, 02:22 PM
I really don't care if we fire him now nor wait.

I'm more concerned that we have a MoU (memorandum of understanding) with our new coach signed asap. Before the carousel gets going and we miss out.

Like Cohen did with Jans. Get it done now before the season ends.

Jans did not sign anything until Sunday morning after they were eliminated. We didn't even meet with him personally until then. Now we had been talking to his agent for a few days. The only reason I say that we need to go ahead and pull the plug is that I'm genuinely afraid we may lose Saturday if Arnett is on the sidelines. He has mailed it in and the team is taking that attitude from him.

Coach34
11-12-2023, 02:26 PM
The team didnt mail it in until we kept giving A&M the ball inside our 40 over and over. QB play is the problem

StarkVegasSteve
11-12-2023, 02:28 PM
The team didnt mail it in until we kept giving A&M the ball inside our 40 over and over. QB play is the problem

This team mailed it in sometime during the 1st half of Auburn. Also, our biggest problems have headsets on. Our second biggest problems are the one's standing behind Arnett with clipboards. Then there is the defensive disaster and then finally you get to the QB problem

Coach34
11-12-2023, 02:31 PM
This team mailed it in sometime during the 1st half of Auburn. Also, our biggest problems have headsets on. Our second biggest problems are the one's standing behind Arnett with clipboards. Then there is the defensive disaster and then finally you get to the QB problem

nahhhh- it always starts with the QB. Ask Bill Belichick about life since Brady left

Coach34
11-12-2023, 02:32 PM
Hell- Jimbo got fired because of the QB's he has run out there during his tenure

BlackSailsDawg
11-12-2023, 02:34 PM

QB play is not the problem... FRIGGIN COACHING IS!

StarkVegasSteve
11-12-2023, 02:35 PM
nahhhh- it always starts with the QB. Ask Bill Belichick about life since Brady left

Hey man, you can admit it. You like the staff because they feed you info and talk to you. It's ok to have a personal connection and not admit they just flat out all suck. A lot of people had personal connections to Moorhead and that's what initially saved him. But to bury your head in the sand and think that this staff is not the problem is exactly that, burying your head in the sand. I have watched plenty of coaches be able to scheme even bad teams to score more than 1 OFFENSIVE TD IN 4 GAMES. 1. UNO.

KOdawg1
11-12-2023, 02:36 PM

Keeping him until after the egg bowl accomplishes nothing

Activated Alpha
11-12-2023, 02:37 PM
Figured C34 and Homedawg would be the last bastions for Arnett and co. I don?t think anyone here is saying we are expecting to make a hire before season?s end. We can fire Arnett now and possibly rejuvenate our players and fanbase. Because right now we are just a dead carcass in the middle of the road continuing to get run over and over and over.

It is not unusual to fire a coach mid season. It has been done before and it just was done this morning. However, just because we are Mississippi state we cannot, absolutely not, fire a coach mid season? Oh the media will hammer us? Who gives a flying **** because they do that already. Like I know Homedawg isn?t carrying water, but it is just weird now how you two are clinging to this staff even though they?re going to be fired no matter what.

Do it now, get it done, and the remaining two games might be more enjoyable to watch

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 02:39 PM

You can type this sentence as much as you want, but it will never make it true. We are more likely to win each of the next 2 games without Arnett than we are with Arnett. Winning is what matters, so he should be fired today.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 02:39 PM
Figured C34 and Homedawg would be the last bastions for Arnett and co. I don?t think anyone here is saying we are expecting to make a hire before season?s end. We can fire Arnett now and possibly rejuvenate our players and fanbase. Because right now we are just a dead carcass in the middle of the road continuing to get run over and over and over.

Coach34 is desperate to let Arnett coach the Egg Bowl, so that just in case we win he can gloat really hard and call for us to retain him.

It's not likely, and Arnett winning it is less likely than an interim coach winning it, but the chances aren't literally 0%, so he has a bit of hope.

vindastra
11-12-2023, 02:42 PM
Keeping him until after the egg bowl accomplishes nothing

No it negatively accomplishes something. More apathy and the impression that headless chickens run the program.

defiantdog
11-12-2023, 02:45 PM
The players don't support the coach and neither do the fans. Getting rid of him now at least gives some sort of peace to everyone that we are committed to making the team better and actively searching. You have to show some sort of transparency when the dumpster is on fire.

This isn't the Croom days where social media was minimal. You could get away with being quiet. Not anymore. Being quiet shows inadequacy.

SPMT
11-12-2023, 02:52 PM
QB play is not the problem... FRIGGIN COACHING IS!

The whole team is a problem at the moment.

Let?s let Peterson coach last two games

Coach34
11-12-2023, 02:55 PM
You can type this sentence as much as you want, but it will never make it true. We are more likely to win each of the next 2 games without Arnett than we are with Arnett. Winning is what matters, so he should be fired today.

We will win Saturday no matter who the coach is. As one of the coaches said yesterday during a telecast about Harbaugh- HC's matter very little on GameDay if they dont coach a side of the ball. It's all about the coordinators and position coaches. He's right in that assessment.

Coach34
11-12-2023, 02:57 PM
No it negatively accomplishes something. More apathy and the impression that headless chickens run the program.

How? Everybody knows we are talking to agents and such- including his.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 02:57 PM
We will win Saturday no matter who the coach is. As one of the coaches said yesterday during a telecast about Harbaugh- HC's matter very little on GameDay if they dont coach a side of the ball. It's all about the coordinators and position coaches. He's right in that assessment.

DESPERATE.

Now suddenly after all these years it doesn't even matter who the head coach is!

StarkVegasSteve
11-12-2023, 02:59 PM
Look at Auburn last year. They knew they needed to make the change and made it. They knew Harsin wasn't saving his job but their fan base was apathetic and could less have given a shit what time the game was much less who won it. They fire him and it rejuvenates the team and the fanbase. Yea Bama still beat the shit out of them, but they almost, and probably should have, beaten us and did beat A&M and their non conference opponent.

StarkVegasSteve
11-12-2023, 03:01 PM

That was Lee Corso who said that....are you now taking coaching advice from Lee Corso? That's a below .500 career coach who needs to retire because you can't understand every other word out of his mouth and he knows what he is saying and where he is about as much as Biden

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 03:02 PM
Look at Auburn last year. They knew they needed to make the change and made it. They knew Harsin wasn't saving his job but their fan base was apathetic and could less have given a shit what time the game was much less who won it. They fire him and it rejuvenates the team and the fanbase. Yea Bama still beat the shit out of them, but they almost, and probably should have, beaten us and did beat A&M and their non conference opponent.

Auburn would have gotten blown out in their last 3 SEC games and potentially also lost to Western Kentucky if they'd kept Harsin. 1-3 at best. Instead, they go 2-2 with an overtime loss to us and not a complete embarrassment to Alabama. Pretty similar situation to us. Firing Harsin made them a better team over their last 4 games, just like firing Arnett would make us better over our last 2.

StarkVegasSteve
11-12-2023, 03:04 PM
Auburn would have gotten blown out in their last 3 SEC games and potentially also lost to Western Kentucky if they'd kept Harsin. 1-3 at best. Instead, they go 2-2 with an overtime loss to us and not a complete embarrassment to Alabama. Pretty similar situation to us. Firing Harsin made them a better team over their last 4 games, just like firing Arnett would make us better over our last 2.

We probably will have the same record with or without Arnett but instead of having 15K this week and it being 65/35 OM fans we may get 35K this week and 60/40 our fans for the Egg Bowl

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 03:05 PM
We probably will have the same record with or without Arnett but instead of having 15K this week and it being 65/35 OM fans we may get 35K this week and 60/40 our fans for the Egg Bowl

"Probably" sure but any increase in our odds is good.

Tater
11-12-2023, 03:10 PM

Because Brock and Barbay would be gone too.

Knox HC, Bumphis OC, Hughes DC. Let's have an actual plan because Saturday is NOT a given.

confucius say
11-12-2023, 03:25 PM
Jans did not sign anything until Sunday morning after they were eliminated. We didn't even meet with him personally until then. Now we had been talking to his agent for a few days. The only reason I say that we need to go ahead and pull the plug is that I'm genuinely afraid we may lose Saturday if Arnett is on the sidelines. He has mailed it in and the team is taking that attitude from him.

So they were eliminated Saturday night and he signed Sunday morning? That tells me all the details were agreed upon prior to the season being over. Im good with that.

StarkVegasSteve
11-12-2023, 03:33 PM
So they were eliminated Saturday night and he signed Sunday morning? That tells me all the details were agreed upon prior to the season being over. Im good with that.

We had been talking with his agent and then once they were eliminated we could actually talk to him. However, the difference is that our season was already over. It had been done for a week.

Maverick91
11-12-2023, 04:48 PM

Gangrene grows the longer you let it stay. It also tells the players you don?t have to stay under this crap any longer! At this point it is criminal to keep him.

MetEdDawg
11-12-2023, 04:53 PM
Firing now is dumb. We don't have the resources to fire now because we've still got to coach our team in two in state games, work the portal, and someone secure a recruiting class.

If you fire Arnett, you also fire at minimum Brock and most on here would probably want 2-3 more.

So do y'all really want to go into two in state games without 4-5 on field coaches? Our university cannot support a football program for two weeks during the season that way.

This will likely come the day after the Egg Bowl. And that makes sense.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 05:06 PM
Firing now is dumb. We don't have the resources to fire now because we've still got to coach our team in two in state games, work the portal, and someone secure a recruiting class.

If you fire Arnett, you also fire at minimum Brock and most on here would probably want 2-3 more.

So do y'all really want to go into two in state games without 4-5 on field coaches? Our university cannot support a football program for two weeks during the season that way.

This will likely come the day after the Egg Bowl. And that makes sense.

Yet AGAIN, it is NOT dumb to fire him now because Arnett's presence on the sideline decreases our odds of winning these last two games. So yes, I want to do what is best for our program and not have him on the sidelines anymore.

As I said on the other thread, I suspect anyone balking at firing Arnett today is doing so because they don't really want him fired at all. There's no reason to wait, so there must be something else going on.

MetEdDawg
11-12-2023, 05:24 PM
Yet AGAIN, it is NOT dumb to fire him now because Arnett's presence on the sideline decreases our odds of winning these last two games. So yes, I want to do what is best for our program and not have him on the sidelines anymore.

As I said on the other thread, I suspect anyone balking at firing Arnett today is doing so because they don't really want him fired at all. There's no reason to wait, so there must be something else going on.

I disagree completely. And my mind won't change if we win the last two. He needs to go.

But Texas A&M can afford to pay Jimbo $76 million and put a product on the field even with his firing. We can't. That's a reality. And we cant fire Arnett, name Hughes the interim head coach, and allow Barbay and Brock to continue.

Do you have a plan that would work? Just fire Arnett, keep everyone else and roll on like nothing happened? We simply can't afford to do that. We can in 14 days. But not today.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 05:25 PM
Do you have a plan that would work? Just fire Arnett, keep everyone else and roll on like nothing happened? We simply can't afford to do that. We can in 14 days. But not today.

Sure we can. If any assistant coaches want to walk out with Arnett, they're welcome to, but I bet none of them would.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 05:27 PM
Two prominent programs with our "poor little us" syndrome fired their head coaches today, effective immediately. The only reason to oppose us doing the same is secretly hoping Arnett saves his job.

SailingDawg
11-12-2023, 05:35 PM
The ONLY Bulldog fan I know that would have the correct info just said Arnett is gone. He?s connected enough, and a big enough supporter, to say so.

StarkVegasSteve
11-12-2023, 05:37 PM
I disagree completely. And my mind won't change if we win the last two. He needs to go.

But Texas A&M can afford to pay Jimbo $76 million and put a product on the field even with his firing. We can't. That's a reality. And we cant fire Arnett, name Hughes the interim head coach, and allow Barbay and Brock to continue.

HC: Knox
OC: Bumphis/Mele
DC: McBath/Hughes

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 05:38 PM
The ONLY Bulldog fan I know that would have the correct info just said Arnett is gone. He?s connected enough, and a big enough supporter, to say so.

If he's not gone today, then how can we trust that he's really gone in 12 days? It's not official until it is.

Cooterpoot
11-12-2023, 05:43 PM
If he's not gone today, then how can we trust that he's really gone in 12 days? It's not official until it is.

He's gone. Jesus people the guy is done. How fast we fire the man doesn't matter. It's all about hiring someone fast because of recruiting and the portal coming open. We can't hire a damn soul today or even next week.

Todd4State
11-12-2023, 05:44 PM

We have enough grad assistants and people off the field like Steve Campbell and Jason Washington we could make it work. Bumphis and Hughes aren't leaving. Friend didn't leave when Auburn fired their coach. No one really knows what Schmidt does- and whatever it is it's of little value. Turner probably wouldn't leave.

We also have a lot of seniors like Will, Cole, Jett, and Bookie that could help lead their position groups to an extent.

I mean we're talking about two games. There is literally nothing to lose firing Arnett and some of his staff now. There is some risk in keeping them potentially muddying up the situation however.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 05:47 PM
He's gone. Jesus people the guy is done. How fast we fire the man doesn't matter. It's all about hiring someone fast because of recruiting and the portal coming open. We can't hire a damn soul today or even next week.

This is such a dumb line that all of you are using. It DOES matter because as fans we want to win as many games as we can, and do what it takes to raise our probability of winning.

Arnett gone today means we're MORE likely to beat Southern Miss and Ole Miss, so it needs to happen.

I'll say it again - I do not believe people who think that Arnett should coach the last 2 games really want him fired at all. Once you make the decision to fire someone, there's no reason to keep him around anymore, in this industry or any other.

Cooterpoot
11-12-2023, 05:49 PM
This is such a dumb line that all of you are using. It DOES matter because as fans we want to win as many games as we can, and do what it takes to raise our probability of winning.

Arnett gone today means we're MORE likely to beat Southern Miss and Ole Miss, so it needs to happen.

We ain't winning shit else without him. OM is going to crush your hopes and take your babies. Nothing would get better with him fired. Same OC and DC would be calling plays.

MetEdDawg
11-12-2023, 05:51 PM
We have enough grad assistants and people off the field like Steve Campbell and Jason Washington we could make it work. Bumphis and Hughes aren't leaving. Friend didn't leave when Auburn fired their coach. No one really knows what Schmidt does- and whatever it is it's of little value. Turner probably wouldn't leave.

We also have a lot of seniors like Will, Cole, Jett, and Bookie that could help lead their position groups to an extent.

I mean we're talking about two games. There is literally nothing to lose firing Arnett and some of his staff now. There is some risk in keeping them potentially muddying up the situation however.

According to the reports, Fisher was already fired before our game. Why wait until today to actually fire him though?

There are always logistical things to work out in situations like these. I firmly believe Arnett is gone. But I would assume we didn't start seriously having this conversation as an athletic department until about 3-4 weeks ago. A&M has been having it for over a year and have a former SEC head coach on their staff ready to work through the logistics even if he isn't the interim.

We have to be prepared to assign roles to staff members that Arnett currently holds. We have to be prepared to contact recruits. Determine who interims and how practice schedules change. Messaging to a fan base, recruits, potential transfers, media, etc. The logistics of this for us with a first time AD also have to be weighed.

Firing a coach doesn't just happen. There's a lot that goes into it. Amd I'm going to give our athletic department the benefit of the doubt if he isn't fired today. Hell it could be tomorrow. But I'm guessing the day after the Egg Bowl.

We don't fire Arnett? I take it all back and you can 40 year flood the entire program from top to bottom for all I care.

Tater
11-12-2023, 05:53 PM
We ain't winning shit else without him. OM is going to crush your hopes and take your babies. Nothing would get better with him fired. Same OC and DC would be calling plays.

I watched Cadillac ****ing Williams galvanize his team and almost beat us. If he can do it, then we can do it.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 05:55 PM
According to the reports, Fisher was already fired before our game. Why wait until today to actually fire him though?

There are always logistical things to work out in situations like these. I firmly believe Arnett is gone. But I would assume we didn't start seriously having this conversation as an athletic department until about 3-4 weeks ago. A&M has been having it for over a year and have a former SEC head coach on their staff ready to go.

We have to be prepared to assign roles to staff members that Arnett currently holds. We have to be prepared to contact recruits. Determine who interims and how practice schedules change. Messaging to a fan base, recruits, potential transfers, media, etc. The logistics of this for us with a first time AD also have to be weighed.

Firing a coach doesn't just happen. There's a lot that goes into it. Amd I'm going to give our athletic department the benefit of the doubt if he isn't fired today. Hell it could be tomorrow. But I'm guessing the day after the Egg Bowl.

We don't fire Arnett? I take it all back and you can 40 year flood the entire program from top to bottom for all I care.

The entire fanbase wanted Arnett fired a week ago. (And a lot of did earlier, but it wasn't until the Kentucky game that it became so unanimous.)

There's been plenty of time to figure out the logistics, and still 5 more days until the next game (which is basically a gimme, although Arnett might blow it if he's still the coach).

Note that Boise State did the same thing as A&M today. There are lots of examples every year of coaches getting fired midseason and making it work somehow.

MetEdDawg
11-12-2023, 06:05 PM
The entire fanbase wanted Arnett fired a week ago. (And a lot of did earlier, but it wasn't until the Kentucky game that it became so unanimous.)

There's been plenty of time to figure out the logistics, and still 5 more days until the next game (which is basically a gimme, although Arnett might blow it if he's still the coach).

Note that Boise State did the same thing as A&M today. There are lots of examples every year of coaches getting fired midseason and making it work somehow.

Would the buyout clause in his contract not activating until after the season is over be a decent reason to not move forward? Or is it screw money, screw everything. Fire today and let the rest figure itself out?

Just wondering because I think the mindset of just do it without having any clue as to any other potential reasons that might prevent this from a reasonably done process makes no sense.

Also, comparing us and Boise State is ludicrous. Us and Arkansas would be a much better comparison.

Really Clark?
11-12-2023, 06:40 PM

How many examples of first year coaches? None

I'm fine with firing him now, tomorrow, after USM, after EB...just get the hire right

Coursesuper
11-12-2023, 06:53 PM
How many examples of first year coaches? None

I'm fine with firing him now, tomorrow, after USM, after EB...just get the hire right

It is critical that we get this hire right. There might not be a hire this meaningful for the program ever.

Really Clark?
11-12-2023, 07:00 PM
It is critical that we get this hire right. There might not be a hire this meaningful for the program ever.

I agree absolutely

TrapGame
11-12-2023, 07:05 PM

Yep, this far outweighs if we keep a coach two more weeks. This hire needs to be damn near perfect.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 07:10 PM

I agree with that. I also don't want to give up on this season yet, which is what letting Arnett coach the last 2 games is doing.

EdwardDrayton
11-12-2023, 07:35 PM
So the sun sets on a day where other real programs did real work and we sat with our thumbs up our ass. Bout right.

Coach34
11-12-2023, 07:38 PM
DESPERATE.

Now suddenly after all these years it doesn't even matter who the head coach is!

Dude...now that the Pure Air Raid is gone- I dont care who the coach is. It matters none to me. But I'll give the next guy we hire a chance just like I did this one

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 07:39 PM
So the sun sets on a day where other real programs did real work and we sat with our thumbs up our ass. Bout right.

It's just devastating. I was hoping he'd be fired last Sunday, but kinda suspected he'd get another week. However, I was pretty sure this morning that today would be the day, and that makes it sting even more.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 07:40 PM
Dude...now that the Pure Air Raid is gone- I dont care who the coach is. It matters none to me. But I'll give the next guy we hire a chance just like I did this one

You care so little that you have been pumping sunshine for Arnett all year, self-describing what you're doing as "gloating," and even advocating against firing Arnett today to give him 2 more chances. Yeah whatever buddy.

Coach34
11-12-2023, 07:40 PM
That was Lee Corso who said that....are you now taking coaching advice from Lee Corso? That's a below .500 career coach who needs to retire because you can't understand every other word out of his mouth and he knows what he is saying and where he is about as much as Biden

No- it was at halftime of one of the games where Gary whats his name said it that used to coach at Maryland or somewhere

Coach34
11-12-2023, 07:42 PM
Because Brock and Barbay would be gone too.

Knox HC, Bumphis OC, Hughes DC. Let's have an actual plan because Saturday is NOT a given.

lmao- this has to be a joke. Neither one of those guys could get a 6A head coaching job in Mississippi

Coach34
11-12-2023, 07:43 PM

Actually, and I dont know if this is true- but a rumor is he has to finish the season to trigger the buyout being lowered in half

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 07:46 PM
It's awfully convenient that this "rumor" doesn't come out until today, isn't it? People have been talking about firing him for weeks, seriously discussing it since at least the Kentucky game, and it's not until today, after Keenum and Selmon stab the fanbase in the back in a brutal betrayal, that the pro-Arnett crowd (people who want him to remain our coach, but know they can't explicitly say so after last night's debacle) starts spinning this "oh yeah, well acksually his buyout is not what has been said all along, it's this different thing. So don't worry. We'll just fire him later when we can winkwink"

gtowndawg
11-12-2023, 07:47 PM
Actually, and I dont know if this is true- but a rumor is he has to finish the season to trigger the buyout being lowered in half

I asked this very question last week (does the season need to be fully complete before the buyout is lowered) and someone - I don't recall who - said it did not matter.

RiverCityDawg
11-12-2023, 07:52 PM
It's awfully convenient that this "rumor" doesn't come out until today, isn't it? People have been talking about firing him for weeks, seriously discussing it since at least the Kentucky game, and it's not until today, after Keenum and Selmon stab the fanbase in the back in a brutal betrayal, that the pro-Arnett crowd (people who want him to remain our coach, but know they can't explicitly say so after last night's debacle) starts spinning this "oh yeah, well acksually his buyout is not what has been said all along, it's this different thing. So don't worry. We'll just fire him later when we can winkwink"

The guy I've seen it suggested by on Twitter (Andrew Miller) is mostly definitely not pro-Arnett. He didn't say it was so, he wondered if that could be the reason. It could be.

Coach34
11-12-2023, 07:53 PM

damn dude. Arnett will not be our coach in 2024

Cooterpoot
11-12-2023, 07:58 PM
I watched Cadillac ****ing Williams galvanize his team and almost beat us. If he can do it, then we can do it.

You think he beat Alabama? Because OM is that much better than us. I don't care who coaches. We aren't beating OM.
It's a 17ing excuse that's pointless. We aren't magically going to the Leach Air Raid so Will can play dump off all night. We aren't likely going to have our RB I playing. We aren't getting back the best defensive players from last year to help out this disgustingly pathetic example of a defense. Even our punter sucks.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 08:05 PM
damn dude. Arnett will not be our coach in 2024

I hope you're right. Too bad we didn't make it official today. Too bad we are lowering our chances to get to 6-6 by not doing it today and waiting 12 days for no reason. Kinda makes you wonder if there's an ulterior motive, doesn't it?

Coach34
11-12-2023, 08:10 PM
I hope you're right. Too bad we didn't make it official today. Too bad we are lowering our chances to get to 6-6 by not doing it today and waiting 12 days for no reason. Kinda makes you wonder if there's an ulterior motive, doesn't it?

No- not at all. It makes me think we want our next HC to think we dont overreact and do shitty things to our coaches. Contrary to what you think- firing Arnett after 1 season while transitioning from the AR will rub some guys in the business the wrong way. We are going to do it- but it will turn off some guys.

Homedawg
11-12-2023, 08:24 PM
I mean do we want to have State fans show up to the next two games or not. I was planning to go to both at the start of this season.

Im not gonna rush down to see the USM game. Im planning to be in the egg bowl for maybe a quarter.

I think I speak for the average out of town state fan.

If you don't go bc we haven't fired ZA yet then and that's your sole reason, you aren't a fan of msu.... bc he's gonna get fired. But do as you wish

Homedawg
11-12-2023, 08:28 PM

You realize we can be looking for a coach WO making an announcement that our coach is fired, right???

Coach34
11-12-2023, 08:43 PM
You realize we can be looking for a coach WO making an announcement that our coach is fired, right???

haaaaaa jokes on you. The NCAA says an AD cant talk to agents unless a school fires their coach. Its a law. I read it on the internets

SPMT
11-12-2023, 08:44 PM
No- not at all. It makes me think we want our next HC to think we dont overreact and do shitty things to our coaches. Contrary to what you think- firing Arnett after 1 season while transitioning from the AR will rub some guys in the business the wrong way. We are going to do it- but it will turn off some guys.

If a potential coach is scared after watching this team then they have no business taking the reigns.

Coach34
11-12-2023, 08:47 PM
If a potential coach is scared after watching this team then they have no business taking the reigns.

Yes because coaches have no idea what its like to start your 2nd and 3rd team QB's for 4-5 games after losing your starter. Those coaches know how easy it is to plug guys in just like fans do on playstation

While you guys give this staff no quarter after losing Rogers coaches understand that shit hurts your program and causes problems

Coach34
11-12-2023, 08:51 PM
And not only that- it also makes potential coaches realize there isnt much talent on the roster. So why go there?

basedog
11-12-2023, 08:53 PM

It want much to any be a problem. It?s a business now days, especially when Coaches can make millions per year. Money talks in all business, in saying this, I don?t expect a well known coach to be in StarkVegas next year. But I can see the next Coach being in the 5-7 million range.
Btw, money has been raised weeks ago for the buyout. Selmon has been on alert now for at least 3 or 4 weeks.

Coach34
11-12-2023, 08:59 PM
I don?t expect a well known coach to be in StarkVegas next year. But I can see the next Coach being in the 5-7 million range.
Btw, money has been raised weeks ago for the buyout. Selmon has been on alert now for at least 3 or 4 weeks.

Oh no doubt he has and has been working the phones. But coaches see the lack of talent and nobody on the NFL radar. We gonna have to pay up

basedog
11-12-2023, 09:07 PM
Oh no doubt he has and has been working the phones. But coaches see the lack of talent and nobody on the NFL radar. We gonna have to pay up

Portal has to be our friend. I read where you talked about Qb situation and bad play and lack of experience stuff. But to me the biggest disappointment in this years team was our experienced offensive line play. They couldn’t block or pass protect and just got worse. I put a lot of this own Friend, he was a very questionable hire and he has to one of the worse OL coaches we have had in a long time.

You talked about lack of talent, most of the new players we brought in with this staff were mostly flops. Plus when you have 26 returning seniors we should expect more. Just poor coaching on both sides of the ball. There is no dodging this.

SPMT
11-12-2023, 09:07 PM
Yes because coaches have no idea what its like to start your 2nd and 3rd team QB's for 4-5 games after losing your starter. Those coaches know how easy it is to plug guys in just like fans do on playstation

While you guys give this staff no quarter after losing Rogers coaches understand that shit hurts your program and causes problems

People are hard on this staff because the teams is clearly undisciplined and in complete disarray. It?s that simple.

Delay of games while punting, 12 penalties late in the year. That is why people want a complete staff turn over. It?s pathetic and you know it as well as the rest of us do.

They were undisciplined and poorly coached with Rogers. It?s very obvious.

Activated Alpha
11-12-2023, 09:15 PM
Just really strange seeing C34 and Homedawg both silence their tongues on CZA. Even with Will, we all saw how Arnett was in over his head. Even if you say he is going to be fired at the end of the season, ok? Why does it matter to not let him coach the remaining two games? Y?all are holding onto something it seems

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 09:20 PM
Just really strange seeing C34 and Homedawg both silence their tongues on CZA. Even with Will, we all saw how Arnett was in over his head. Even if you say he is going to be fired at the end of the season, ok? Why does it matter to not let him coach the remaining two games? Y'all are holding onto something it seems

They want to leave the door open for him to return in 2024. It's so obvious. If he's fired today, he won't be back, but if he gets 2 more games, who knows?

Coach34
11-12-2023, 09:35 PM
They want to leave the door open for him to return in 2024. It's so obvious. If he's fired today, he won't be back, but if he gets 2 more games, who knows?

dude he is gone. He wont be back in 2024. Thats for certain

MagicDawg
11-12-2023, 09:35 PM

It could arguably keep some talent from bailing into the portal, if they got a sense that leadership had an actual vision.

But mainly, there's no good in letting our leadership have the option to screw up and keep him. And every hour he stays employed gets us closer to that default non-action.

Coach34
11-12-2023, 09:37 PM
People are hard on this staff because the teams is clearly undisciplined and in complete disarray. It?s that simple.

Delay of games while punting, 12 penalties late in the year. That is why people want a complete staff turn over. It?s pathetic and you know it as well as the rest of us do.

Mississippi, Kentucky, and Tenn have more penalties than us. Are they poorly coached also?

Coach34
11-12-2023, 09:40 PM
It could arguably keep some talent from bailing into the portal, if they got a sense that leadership had an actual vision.

We are losing 1/3 of this roster anyway. Does it matter? The next coach is going to have to portal like we have never portaled

SPMT
11-12-2023, 09:41 PM
Just really strange seeing C34 and Homedawg both silence their tongues on CZA. Even with Will, we all saw how Arnett was in over his head. Even if you say he is going to be fired at the end of the season, ok? Why does it matter to not let him coach the remaining two games? Y?all are holding onto something it seems

C34 no longer has any credibility. He?s burying it. Falling on his sword. Sadly. I was one if the few that respected his take.

Homedawg
11-12-2023, 09:44 PM

Silence?? He's gonna be fired. And fired based on a poor job. What else you want me to say?? What am I holding onto?? All firing him today does is appeases a bunch of whiny ass people. If they do fine. I won't cry but it's not changing anything w the coaching search. Or our record.

Coach34
11-12-2023, 09:44 PM
C34 no longer has any credibility. He?s burying it. Falling on his sword. Sadly. I was one if the few that respected his take.

Why? Because I dont want 12 days of Tony Hughes as our interim HC? Thats a strange take

SPMT
11-12-2023, 09:45 PM
Mississippi, Kentucky, and Tenn have more penalties than us. Are they poorly coached also?

Eyes. Use your eyes. Watching the output is horrendous.

The team plays poorly and looks poorly coached.

Yes, I would rather another coach portal like they?ve never portaged than watch Arnett cluster**** it.

If you don’t think we can do better than this then portals and NIL won’t do shit. No one is giving with Arnett still around.

Homedawg
11-12-2023, 09:45 PM

Obvious??? Thought you would have left by now. I man you pitch a fit and didn't get what you wanted. Thought your were done???

Homedawg
11-12-2023, 09:46 PM

But mainly, there's no good in letting our leadership have the option to screw up and keep him. And every hour he stays employed gets us closer to that default non-action.

How?? When we get a new coach they will decide. Not until then. Firing him today isn't stopping anyone from getting into the portal....

Coach34
11-12-2023, 09:47 PM
Silence?? He's gonna be fired. And fired based on a poor job. What else you want me to say?? What am I holding onto?? All firing him today does is appeases a bunch of whiny ass people. If they do fine. I won't cry but it's not changing anything w the coaching search. Or our record.

lol- dude I just got the text. All these AR Cult members and whiny fans have heard Will is playing Saturday. They are afraid we will win our last 2 and then Arnett will get another year. Thats all this is about

Activated Alpha
11-12-2023, 09:50 PM

I know you have been a voice of reason for many of coaches across State athletics. But I haven't seen you post nearly as much criticism towards this staff than you have regarding others. And I say it seems like you or C34 are holding onto some bit of information is because of withholding criticism for the majority of the season. And firing him today or tomorrow wouldn't just appease a bunch of whiny ass people it would appease a lot of the fanbase. So if firing him before next weekend won't change our coaching search or are record, why not just go on ahead and do it? Give some reasons as to why we need to keep him for the remaining two games

confucius say
11-12-2023, 09:53 PM
Why? Because I dont want 12 days of Tony Hughes as our interim HC? Thats a strange take

They want to hear you say you think arnett should be fired at season's end. Not that it is going to happen, but that you think it should happen and want it to happen.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 09:56 PM
lol- dude I just got the text. All these AR Cult members and whiny fans have heard Will is playing Saturday. They are afraid we will win our last 2 and then Arnett will get another year. Thats all this is about

No, we are afraid we won't win Saturday with Arnett, when we know that we would without Arnett. We're afraid that we'll get blown out by Ole Miss with Arnett, when we know that without him maybe we can make it a game.

All we care about is what's best for MSU, winning games and setting up for the future. All the pro-Arnett side cares about is bragging and gloating about how right they were, and even though this season has been a complete and total humiliation and discrediting, they want to leave open the opportunity for maybe one more gloat.

Really Clark?
11-12-2023, 09:58 PM
They want to hear you say you think arnett should be fired at season's end. Not that it is going to happen, but that you think it should happen and want it to happen.

He did. A few posts above that one

Activated Alpha
11-12-2023, 09:59 PM
Here's a scenario for you guys I guess. You take your wife out to a very expensive restaurant. You order the most expensive bone in ribeye at market price and your wife orders lobster. You want it rare/medium rare and she wants her lobster juicy and fully done. However when you get your meals, your steak is overly well done and her lobster isn't cooked all the way. You tell your server to take it back and start fresh (or at least I hope you guys would and not just chow it down with a smile on your face). When you get your plates again, the cooked still ****ed it up. At this point, you are asking yourself what the **** is going on back there? The manager tells you that he is sorry, but his cook is brand new with no cooking experience at all. Baffling right? Manager tells you, he will cook it again for you, however, he still ****s it up. Would you be puzzled as to why they continue to let this inexperience cook in their kitchen to **** up so many people's meals? Manager informs you that the cook will in fact be fired in two weeks so don't worry about your current meal. You start to question the management as to why they would let this brand new cook continue to **** up everyone's meals for the next two weeks.

See the resemblance?

Coach34
11-12-2023, 10:00 PM

exactly

Homedawg
11-12-2023, 10:04 PM
I know you have been a voice of reason for many of coaches across State athletics. But I haven't seen you post nearly as much criticism towards this staff than you have regarding others. And I say it seems like you or C34 are holding onto some bit of information is because of withholding criticism for the majority of the season. And firing him today or tomorrow wouldn't just appease a bunch of whiny ass people it would appease a lot of the fanbase. So if firing him before next weekend won't change our coaching search or are record, why not just go on ahead and do it? Give some reasons as to why we need to keep him for the remaining two games

As a rule, I'm pretty not much on drilling any staff. Not saying I never have, but it's few and far between. Jomo was probably where I came down the hardest but still rare. Every staff we've ever have whether it was Mullen, jomo, leach or ZA they want to win way more than any slap dick here. Trust me. I've said it in multiple threads multiple times, they haven't done a good job. Various reasons. Is what it is.

Coach34
11-12-2023, 10:07 PM
As a rule, I'm pretty not much on drilling any staff. Not saying I never have, but it's few and far between. Jomo was probably where I came down the hardest but still rare. Every staff we've ever have where'd it was Mullen, jomo, leach or ZA they want to win way more than any slap dick here. Trust me. I've said it in multiple threads multiple times, they haven't done a good job. Various reasons. Is what it is.

Most of our readers fail to understand that you deal with pretty much every staff in some way and when you say something- it's from a place of knowing it to be so rather than internet legend

Homedawg
11-12-2023, 10:10 PM
Most of our readers fail to understand that you deal with pretty much every staff in some way and when you say something- it's from a place of knowing it to be so rather than internet legend

Hell I hung out w leach numerous times and I find out I'm a leach hater.... who knew .....
And yes I keep about 80% of what I hear to myself. The 20 that comes out is usually just confirming what someone else has said or shooting down nonsense. But oh well.

Todd4State
11-12-2023, 10:12 PM

This is pretty funny given that so many fans criticized Will over the years and the mobile QB we brought in that was supposed to make everything work better was a complete flop.

And not only that- it also makes potential coaches realize there isnt much talent on the roster. So why go there?

There was enough talent to win 9 games last year. And enough talent on the team to beat Arkansas, Kentucky, Auburn, and Texas A&M. Really this is a nothing burger because of the portal.

Exactly. Which has nothing to do with talent or Will at QB. This group struggles to line up correctly and jumps before the ball is snapped repeatedly and most are seniors. That didn't happen nearly as much under the last staff.

We are losing 1/3 of this roster anyway. Does it matter? The next coach is going to have to portal like we have never portaled

Glad to see you agree with me about our "lack of talent" being a noting burger.

Just want to point out that those "whiny ass people" are many of the same ones sacrificing time and money for this program. So yeah- they do matter. And MSU not realizing that is EXACTLY one of biggest issues MSU has had over the years. And then MSU wonders why the stands aren't full while they're telling those "whiny ass people" what to like and that they don't know what they're talking about. So yes, optics matter. A LOT.

It wouldn't be any worse than what we're watching. Or Steve Campbell.

Can you blame them for that considering how MSU handled Joe Moorhead in 2019? All it takes is one Egg Bowl upset to make the boosters overlook things. It happened with Jackie in 2001 too. Happens at Ole Miss as well- see Matt Luke. Most fans are actually concerned about the long term health of the program and tired of having to support lying sons of bitches that suck as coaches.

Oh they're definitely fans of this staff. They've floated all of the excuses. Last staff didn't recruit well. Which is why there was a major push for keeping the defensive staff for "continuity" and keep the last class together. Makes total sense right? And despite these players being "G5 talent" it's all because of injuries to the players that aren't really any good to start with.

All the lies and BS that has been spewed forth by this staff is my personal biggest reason why I can't wait to see them fired. It's a glorified 7A high school football staff. Which is actually likely the next place we see Brad Peterson and Will Hall face off against each other after Saturday.

Activated Alpha
11-12-2023, 10:12 PM
I never thought you were a Leach hater Homedawg. I also want to state, that I don't believe we would have someone locked up before the EB if we went on ahead and fired CZA now. I know that isn't how it works and would rather us be diligent with this search and get it right.

Todd4State
11-12-2023, 10:15 PM
No, we are afraid we won't win Saturday with Arnett, when we know that we would without Arnett. We're afraid that we'll get blown out by Ole Miss with Arnett, when we know that without him maybe we can make it a game.

All we care about is what's best for MSU, winning games and setting up for the future. All the pro-Arnett side cares about is bragging and gloating about how right they were, and even though this season has been a complete and total humiliation and discrediting, they want to leave open the opportunity for maybe one more gloat.

And this too.

TheLostDawg
11-12-2023, 10:16 PM

I disagree. I think Arnett is the only thing saving our defense because Brock isn't ready. That being said I think that it's best to move on and have a coach on the books that we can announce right after their last regular season game.

Todd4State
11-12-2023, 10:18 PM
Here's a scenario for you guys I guess. You take your wife out to a very expensive restaurant. You order the most expensive bone in ribeye at market price and your wife orders lobster. You want it rare/medium rare and she wants her lobster juicy and fully done. However when you get your meals, your steak is overly well done and her lobster isn't cooked all the way. You tell your server to take it back and start fresh (or at least I hope you guys would and not just chow it down with a smile on your face). When you get your plates again, the cooked still ****ed it up. At this point, you are asking yourself what the **** is going on back there? The manager tells you that he is sorry, but his cook is brand new with no cooking experience at all. Baffling right? Manager tells you, he will cook it again for you, however, he still ****s it up. Would you be puzzled as to why they continue to let this inexperience cook in their kitchen to **** up so many people's meals? Manager informs you that the cook will in fact be fired in two weeks so don't worry about your current meal. You start to question the management as to why they would let this brand new cook continue to **** up everyone's meals for the next two weeks.

See the resemblance?

I would say MSU football is more like your favorite restaurant operating like a half assed operation and taking too long to fix problems. While telling you that you don't know what you're talking about or that your complaints don't really matter.

Homedawg
11-12-2023, 10:18 PM
I never thought you were a Leach hater Homedawg. I also want to state, that I don't believe we would have someone locked up before the EB if we went on ahead and fired CZA now. I know that isn't how it works and would rather us be diligent with this search and get it right.

If yo thought I was saying you thought those things I didn't mean you. Sorry. Just ranting in responses that cover multiple topics. Not directly meant for you. But others for sure.

Todd4State
11-12-2023, 10:19 PM
I disagree. I think Arnett is the only thing saving our defense because Brock isn't ready. That being said I think that it's best to move on and have a coach on the books that we can announce right after their last regular season game.

Ummm..we just allowed 51 points to Texas A&M.

Really Clark?
11-12-2023, 10:20 PM
Hell I hung out w leach numerous times and I find out I'm a leach hater.... who knew .....
And yes I keep about 80% of what I hear to myself. The 20 that comes out is usually just confirming what someone else has said or shooting down nonsense. But oh well.

They have things built up so much in their head that put people in this box or that box. Not realizing that you in particular have had ties to every staff, not just this one and what you do share is coming from direct knowledge.

Coach34
11-12-2023, 10:20 PM
I'm not going thru all that Todd but we lost 7 starters on D and now the D is bad

We lost RaRa and others on offense as we have transitioned from the pure AR- so its bad also.

aGAIN- we lost draft picks and others to the portal. We arent the team we were last year. Nobody projected to be drafted for the first time since 2009

Homedawg
11-12-2023, 10:22 PM

Again, this is NOT going to happen no matter if we fired him in sept. Just isn't. But I'm done saying it and will wait for the meltdown the sat after the egg when people start saying had we only fired ZA earlier and incorrectly say, we would already have our coach. Smdh

Activated Alpha
11-12-2023, 10:26 PM
If yo thought I was saying you thought those things I didn't mean you. Sorry. Just ranting in responses that cover multiple topics. Not directly meant for you. But others for sure.

I know. Just want you to know how I felt. I don't mean to lump you into the bucket of other frustrated fans

SPMT
11-12-2023, 10:30 PM
This is pretty funny given that so many fans criticized Will over the years and the mobile QB we brought in that was supposed to make everything work better was a complete flop.

There was enough talent to win 9 games last year. And enough talent on the team to beat Arkansas, Kentucky, Auburn, and Texas A&M. Really this is a nothing burger because of the portal.

Exactly. Which has nothing to do with talent or Will at QB. This group struggles to line up correctly and jumps before the ball is snapped repeatedly and most are seniors. That didn't happen nearly as much under the last staff.

Glad to see you agree with me about our "lack of talent" being a noting burger.

Just want to point out that those "whiny ass people" are many of the same ones sacrificing time and money for this program. So yeah- they do matter. And MSU not realizing that is EXACTLY one of biggest issues MSU has had over the years. And then MSU wonders why the stands aren't full while they're telling those "whiny ass people" what to like and that they don't know what they're talking about. So yes, optics matter. A LOT.

It wouldn't be any worse than what we're watching. Or Steve Campbell.

Can you blame them for that considering how MSU handled Joe Moorhead in 2019? All it takes is one Egg Bowl upset to make the boosters overlook things. It happened with Jackie in 2001 too. Happens at Ole Miss as well- see Matt Luke. Most fans are actually concerned about the long term health of the program and tired of having to support lying sons of bitches that suck as coaches.

Oh they're definitely fans of this staff. They've floated all of the excuses. Last staff didn't recruit well. Which is why there was a major push for keeping the defensive staff for "continuity" and keep the last class together. Makes total sense right? And despite these players being "G5 talent" it's all because of injuries to the players that aren't really any good to start with.

All the lies and BS that has been spewed forth by this staff is my personal biggest reason why I can't wait to see them fired. It's a glorified 7A high school football staff. Which is actually likely the next place we see Brad Peterson and Will Hall face off against each other after Saturday.

Those ?whiny ass? fans are the ones who give money. Though not enough. Regardless, those whiny ass fans are the only reason there is a sport called college football. Sports is entertainment at this day and age in college football. Without those whiny ass fans you are back to playing high school at a higher level, like the old days. So, if admin don?t get that then they can get 17d. The days of school pride are second nature o entertainment value and our product sucks.

BankerDog
11-12-2023, 10:30 PM
Again, this is NOT going to happen no matter if we fired him in sept. Just isn't. But I'm done saying it and will wait for the meltdown the sat after the egg when people start saying had we only fired ZA earlier and incorrectly say, we would already have our coach. Smdh

Some of these people don?t realize how business in general works and economics..

Todd4State
11-12-2023, 10:33 PM
I'm not going thru all that Todd but we lost 7 starters on D and now the D is bad

We lost RaRa and others on offense as we have transitioned from the pure AR- so its bad also.

aGAIN- we lost draft picks and others to the portal. We arent the team we were last year. Nobody projected to be drafted for the first time since 2009

That's still on the current coaching staff because we didn't target replacements in the portal and we kept the vast majority of the defensive coaches. So we grossly misevaluated our own talent and didn't develop it.

And we have four 4 star receivers on our roster- Tulu, Zavion, Robinson, and Creed. And a 4 star RB plus a 3 star QB that has a lot of passing records. But Woody McBarbay can't figure out how to make it work because he has to get a freshman o-line prospect on the field playing TE and Goede who hasn't really contributed much.

Even Emmanuel Forbes called this team soft and he played on the team last year.

Homedawg
11-12-2023, 10:34 PM
I know. Just want you to know how I felt. I don't mean to lump you into the bucket of other frustrated fans

Gotcha. All good !

Todd4State
11-12-2023, 10:36 PM

Firing Arnett now and hiring the new coach are two completely separate things. I think most of our fans get that.

Todd4State
11-12-2023, 10:37 PM
Those ?whiny ass? fans are the ones who give money. Though not enough. Regardless, those whiny ass fans are the only reason there is a sport called college football. Sports is entertainment at this day and age in college football. Without those whiny ass fans you are back to playing high school at a higher level, like the old days. So, if admin don?t get that then they can get 17d. The days of school pride are second nature o entertainment value and our product sucks.

And they're the vast majority in the stands. And with NIL they actually have more of a stake in it than ever before. Even if it is only a small fraction of what Richard Adkerson donates.

Really Clark?
11-12-2023, 10:38 PM
Firing Arnett now and hiring the new coach are two completely separate things. I think most of our fans get that.

Naw, there have been several stating that doing it now will allow us to lock up our new coach to announce that Sunday after the EB.

Homedawg
11-12-2023, 10:38 PM
Well you along w Q clearly haven't read numerous people on this board saying otherwise. But carry on

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 10:40 PM
Well you along w Q clearly haven't read numerous people on this board saying otherwise. But carry on

I've been all over this board today and don't remember anyone saying that, much less "numerous" but OK whatever. There are going to be at least a few wrong people on both sides of an argument.

SPMT
11-12-2023, 10:42 PM

Get that, but I?ll give you an example of a team with little to no talent. Mullen?s first year. QB was Tyson Lee.

That team was not talented but would fight, play hard etc. you could tell something was brewing.

Your eyes could see it. This team would lose even if the talent was A&M level, I.e. highly compensated first round players.

Todd4State
11-12-2023, 10:44 PM
Naw, there have been several stating that doing it now will allow us to lock up our new coach to announce that Sunday after the EB.

I may have missed that- but if I did I will be there along with you two talking them down about the hiring timeline. That's not even really a factor with me anyway personally.

Todd4State
11-12-2023, 10:45 PM
Another reason to fire Arnett now is in case we back into a bowl at 5-7. Then what?

Do we have to wait a month then?

Or is it "Oh darn it. It's too late and we had to keep our 50th ranked recruiting class together. Gotta wait another year!"

Homedawg
11-12-2023, 10:47 PM
Another reason to fire Arnett now is in case we back into a bowl at 5-7. Then what?

Do we have to wait a month then?

Or is it "Oh darn it. It's too late and we had to keep our 50th ranked recruiting class together. Gotta wait another year!"

By the time that we would figure out that we were going to ba bowl at 5-7, cza Will no longer be here. Bottom line is , people are scared that Selmon is gonna f this up and not fire him period. This the panic of it has to happen today.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 10:50 PM
By the time that we would figure out that we were going to ba bowl at 5-7, cza Will no longer be here. Bottom line is , people are scared that Selmon is gonna f this up and not fire him period. This the panic of it has to happen today.

It seems pretty foolish to not be at least a little bit scared of that, right?

However, the real "bottom line" is that people (correctly, I would say, though some may disagree) think that we have a better chance of winning each of our last 2 games without Arnett than with him. If I didn't think that, I would ignore all the rest and support keeping him until next Friday.

Homedawg
11-12-2023, 10:53 PM
It seems pretty foolish to not be at least a little bit scared of that, right?

However, the real "bottom line" is that people (correctly, I would say, though some may disagree) think that we have a better chance of winning each of our last 2 games without Arnett than with him. If I didn't think that, I would ignore all the rest and support keeping him until next Friday.

That's fine for you to have that opinion. Ole miss is so much more talented than us it doesn't matter. But clearly, you have your opinion, which is your right.

confucius say
11-12-2023, 11:09 PM

Nope. He just said ZA will be fired. He's never said he wants him fired or that he should be fired.

Not that I care mind you. But that's what they want him to say.

confucius say
11-12-2023, 11:10 PM
exactly

No you didn't. Quote it. If I'm wrong and you said you want ZA fired or ZA should be fired, I'll apologize. All I've seen you say is he will be fired.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 11:15 PM
Coach34 could just clear this question up by clearly and unambiguously typing up something along the lines of:

"Zach Arnett's performance in 2023 has been so bad that he should be fired."

But I bet he won't do that because he wants to leave open the possibility of calling for him to be retained after the Egg Bowl and doesn't want that quote out there.

confucius say
11-12-2023, 11:15 PM

I agree with all that. But we're also horribly coached.

confucius say
11-12-2023, 11:20 PM

I haven't seen anybody say that, and I've read every thread today. But maybe I missed it.

Tater
11-13-2023, 12:14 AM
If you don't go bc we haven't fired ZA yet then and that's your sole reason, you aren't a fan of msu.... bc he's gonna get fired. But do as you wish

Brain dead take.

I'm not going to spend extra time, energy, effort, and money on my school who isn't spending extra time, energy, effort, and money to put out a better product. Calling me not a real fan of msu? Buddy I have multiple degrees and a lifetime of time and money invested into this school.

Me not giving extra in direct response to this school not spending extra is on the school not on me. Absolute brain dead take from you. I'd say I assume you have 0 idea what you were talking about but I know you know better and should have an idea what you're talking about. So please, go back to not being brain dead.

Goldendawg
11-13-2023, 12:15 AM

A rookie, on the job training, never been an AD firing a rookie, on the job training, never been a HC and then making a successful real HC hire. What could possibly go wrong for us?****

Tater
11-13-2023, 12:21 AM
That's fine for you to have that opinion. Ole miss is so much more talented than us it doesn't matter. But clearly, you have your opinion, which is your right.

Talent gaps get erased in rivalry games. The team who has the most to lose during the Egg Bowl usually does. Kiffin is going to be interviewing and not gameplanning. Our coaches know that an Egg Bowl win saved Moorhead for a month. 6-6 and the Egg is very very hard to fire in Starkville in year 1. I'm not debating feasibility. There's a chance, so it CAN happen. As long as it can happen, then we have a pretty solid guaranteed ceiling of 3-9 next year.

Todd4State
11-13-2023, 12:26 AM

A know a very good and logical way for Selmon to solve that. And let's be honest- in the highly unlikely event he doesn't fire Arnett he would have f this up.

Todd4State
11-13-2023, 12:28 AM
Talent gaps get erased in rivalry games. The team who has the most to lose during the Egg Bowl usually does. Kiffin is going to be interviewing and not gameplanning. Our coaches know that an Egg Bowl win saved Moorhead for a month. 6-6 and the Egg is very very hard to fire in Starkville in year 1. I'm not debating feasibility. There's a chance, so it CAN happen. As long as it can happen, then we have a pretty solid guaranteed ceiling of 3-9 next year.

Not to mention there is a good chance that Dart won't play.

I don't think we win but there is a good chance that if Will plays that it's a lot closer than it should be when taking everything into account.

Tater
11-13-2023, 12:30 AM
Not to mention there is a good chance that Dart won't play.

I don't think we win but there is a good chance that if Will plays that it's a lot closer than it should be when taking everything into account.

Poke beat OU. OU beat Texsa. Rivalry games are weird and if you try to predict them you're usually wrong.