PDA

View Full Version : Pete Thamel says Kiffin and others at top of list for A&M...

CadaverDawg
11-12-2023, 10:00 AM
It's going to be funny watching Ole Miss have to pony up a shit ton of money again to try and keep a guy that just got throttled. Just like last season. But they have to do it. How high would A&M go to outbid OM? Would they even have to? Kiffin knows he can win it all at A&M, but not Ole Miss. Those weirdos don't exactly fit Kiffin's desire to seem "cool" though. Kiffin might demand they end the weird male cheerleader cringe pep rally's.

Charlie_Sheen420
11-12-2023, 10:07 AM
It's going to be funny watching Ole Miss have to pony up a shit ton of money again to try and keep a guy that just got throttled. Just like last season. But they have to do it. How high would A&M go to outbid OM? Would they even have to? Kiffin knows he can win it all at A&M, but not Ole Miss. Those weirdos don't exactly fit Kiffin's desire to seem "cool" though. Kiffin might demand they end the weird male cheerleader cringe pep rally's.
Now they know how we felt every year with Mullen

TrapGame
11-12-2023, 10:08 AM
Kiffin will wait to see if Billy is let go at Florida. He'd take the Florida job in a nanosecond.

msstate7
11-12-2023, 10:10 AM
Now they know how we felt every year with Mullen

At a school on our level, good coaches will have options. Peace of mind in the offseason means you have someone no one wants

Charlie_Sheen420
11-12-2023, 10:12 AM
I know A&M has money but to pay Jimbo that much to go away and then have to pay Lane’s buyout which is $20 mil I think on top of that having to pay him $10-12 mil a year, he’s making 9 I think now, at some point money becomes an issue for them….

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 10:12 AM
I hope we hire a coach that everyone else wants. Much better than having someone no one else wants.

HoopsDawg
11-12-2023, 10:17 AM
Kiffin isn't a fit at A&M. I don't see it

Charlie_Sheen420
11-12-2023, 10:19 AM
Kiffin isn't a fit at A&M. I don't see it
He is if he likes male cheerleaders and cults….I don’t think he’s into that though

viverlibre
11-12-2023, 10:23 AM
He has it made at OM, win 8 games/year and he's king forever. Next year, he'll be able to make the 12 team playoff from there, but likely not do much when he makes. I'd hold out for Bama, UF is the graveyard of coaches.

dawgday166
11-12-2023, 10:28 AM
He has it made at OM, win 8 games/year and he's king forever. Next year, he'll be able to make the 12 team playoff from there, but likely not do much when he makes. I'd hold out for Bama, UF is the graveyard of coaches.

I think both UF & TAM are nightmare jobs. You're right about Kiffin & OM too. And they'll pay for players up there. Kiffin just has to find and keep a good DC for the most part.

Homedawg
11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
I know A&M has money but to pay Jimbo that much to go away and then have to pay Lane’s buyout which is $20 mil I think on top of that having to pay him $10-12 mil a year, he’s making 9 I think now, at some point money becomes an issue for them….

And they knew that when they decided to punt Jimbo. 100 mill for them is like 1 to us.

CadaverDawg
11-12-2023, 10:38 AM
So funny how last year our entire fan base acted sure that Kiffin was bolting, and I felt sure he was staying. Now this year everyone seems sure he's comfortable and staying at Ole Miss and I'm thinking he is more likely to leave this year than last year.

If you think about it, when you hit a ceiling somewhere it becomes a weird deal. Kinda like us with Dan. Instead of feeling great about our new elevated floor and ceiling when he was here, we wanted more and started getting tired of just going to Gator Bowls, ha.
Kiffin has to know that with $9 mil a year at Ole Miss, expectations will only get higher every year, and he is probably maxing out that ceiling, or very close to it. So when do you make the move? I know he likes the area and his kids like Oxford, yada yada....but an $80 million dollar contract doesn't happen very often, so you'd have to think if A&M calls he will be very interested.

I'm not saying he leaves this year, I just think I'd be more worried about A&M than any previous teams reaching out if I was Ole Miss.

parabrave
11-12-2023, 02:22 PM
He is if he likes male cheerleaders and cults….I don’t think he’s into that though

Well all of the hot strip clubs are in Houston.

StarkVegasSteve
11-12-2023, 02:26 PM
Kiffin is smart. He will not take the A&M job. Now the Florida job.......well that's a different story entirely

parabrave
11-12-2023, 02:37 PM
Why wouldn't he go to TAM. Doesn't have to face Bama or UGA every year. He will have TAM facilities and funds and with his knowledge of using the NIL and portal he will be dangerous.

basedog
11-12-2023, 02:37 PM
Well all of the hot strip clubs are in Houston.

How do you know this? Asking for a friend**

parabrave
11-12-2023, 02:39 PM
How do you know this? Asking for a friend**

Well from the days of Anna Nicole!!!

StarkVegasSteve
11-12-2023, 02:42 PM
Why wouldn't he go to TAM. Doesn't have to face Bama or UGA every year. He will have TAM facilities and funds and with his knowledge of using the NIL and portal he will be dangerous.

Because they are a cult. And a weird one at that.

basedog
11-12-2023, 02:43 PM
Well from the days of Anna Nicole!!!

Then TAM should have made this move last year and hired Freeze! He has experience. LOL

parabrave
11-12-2023, 02:47 PM

OH I know I have family and served with them/ But he is not marrying them or sharing a fighting position with them. All he has to do is get them into the CFP once in awhile, beat UT and he will be on the Jackie level of worship, and they still worship him/

Leeshouldveflanked
11-12-2023, 02:49 PM
Ole Miss or A&M?

StarkVegasSteve
11-12-2023, 02:54 PM
Ole Miss or A&M?

Both are cults. One is pretentious and douchey. The other is A&M

The Federalist Engineer
11-12-2023, 05:34 PM
He is if he likes male cheerleaders and cults?.I don?t think he?s into that though

Texas A&M is basically a college stuck with 1950s traditions that were probably lame even then. I don't give a shit about them, but they have the vibe of a KKK rally and a Star Wars dork convention meeting in the same day.

They are are like soccer teams like Leeds United with a shitty little song that was not cool in 1960s.

Really Clark?
11-12-2023, 06:55 PM
Both are cults. One is pretentious and douchey. The other is A&M

Hilarious and true!!! Lol

HancockCountyDog
11-12-2023, 07:11 PM
People wondering if we will be shopping for a coach "with" A&M. This photo should resolve that thought.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-xKlk6WUAAifHG?format=jpg&name=900x900

If you are wondering, that was given to A&M during halftime of our game. So yeah, that is next level to handover the buyout check at halftime of Jimbo's last game.

Dawgology
11-12-2023, 07:13 PM
Kiffin isn?t going anywhere. He will absolutely FLEECE Ole Miss wagging the Tamu and Florida jobs in front of them. And he will stay?because he knows he can win 7-9 games a season at Ole Miss and keep his job forever.

lastmajordog
11-12-2023, 08:51 PM
I can’t help but think Arch (Archie) gets disgruntled with Texas, and om faithful win another big lawsuit, parlay winnings getting Arch to ox, lock in Lane, and throw the rest in the NIL to surround him with talent. Only thing Lane seems to like are qb's that can take off and run (Corral, Dart) and I’m sure the Manning camp wants Arch to be in the Eli school (throw the ball oob and never run). It may not happen but I wouldn’t be surprised.

DownwardDawg
11-12-2023, 09:10 PM
Kiffin isn?t going anywhere. He will absolutely FLEECE Ole Miss wagging the Tamu and Florida jobs in front of them. And he will stay?because he knows he can win 7-9 games a season at Ole Miss and keep his job forever.

Coaches are strange. We all thought that about Mullen. He would have a statue on campus by now had he stayed and kept winning 7-8 games per year.
Kiffin is a coach. He knows if he had more resources he would have a chance at a Natty.

TrapGame
11-12-2023, 09:14 PM

Kiffin will take the Florida job in a heartbeat. He knows Florida. He loved living in Florida. He could be the one to turn Florida back into a contender.

basedog
11-12-2023, 09:16 PM
Kiffin will take the Florida job in a heartbeat. He knows Florida. He loved living in Florida. He could be the one to turn Florida back into a contender.

I think it’s a perfect fit for both Kiffin and Fl.

CadaverDawg
11-12-2023, 10:55 PM
I have seen OM fans on Twitter doing the whole "he should just say he isn't going anywhere and never let the rumors even start" business. But these dipshits don't realize that the last time he played the game they doubled his salary after he lost out....so why not play it again? Best case you get out of Oxford to a place you can actually win big.....worst case you get paid another few million a year to stay in place, and then do it again next year. Their fans are too stupid to realize this.

bulldawg28
11-13-2023, 03:13 AM
I wouldn't touch Florida if I were Kiffin the expectations are unrealistic. However, A&M wants 10 win seasons and not losing to State & Ole Miss. All are possible there. On the flip side he has a gravy job at Ole Miss. This year will tell if Kiffin is settling down as a coach or chasing fame and challenges. At this point money isn't an issue for him.

The Federalist Engineer
11-14-2023, 09:30 AM
People wondering if we will be shopping for a coach "with" A&M. This photo should resolve that thought.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-xKlk6WUAAifHG?format=jpg&name=900x900

This is a nice haul but reminds me of Saudi Arabian soccer. They have more money than anybody but they have no championship on the horizon. Team USA will win a WC before the KSA. Brazil and Argentina win with tiny budgets, clubs teetering on bankruptcy.

Coursesuper
11-14-2023, 09:44 AM

Gainsville is pretty much south Georgia compared to Boca.

TrapGame
11-14-2023, 10:08 AM

But it puts his house in Boca a whole lot closer.

Dawgology
11-14-2023, 10:11 AM
Kiffen and Sexton are going to fllleeeeeeese Ole Miss. I think Sexton still has a grudge against Ole Miss.

Bdawg
11-14-2023, 10:21 AM
I know A&M has money but to pay Jimbo that much to go away and then have to pay Lane?s buyout which is $20 mil I think on top of that having to pay him $10-12 mil a year, he?s making 9 I think now, at some point money becomes an issue for them?.

I don?t see money as an issue. When your stadium is 450 mil+ and they ask for donations and within weeks or a month they have 750 mil raised, money is not an issue!! They are not rich, they are wealthy out there!

Bdawg
11-14-2023, 10:25 AM
So funny how last year our entire fan base acted sure that Kiffin was bolting, and I felt sure he was staying. Now this year everyone seems sure he's comfortable and staying at Ole Miss and I'm thinking he is more likely to leave this year than last year.

If you think about it, when you hit a ceiling somewhere it becomes a weird deal. Kinda like us with Dan. Instead of feeling great about our new elevated floor and ceiling when he was here, we wanted more and started getting tired of just going to Gator Bowls, ha.
Kiffin has to know that with $9 mil a year at Ole Miss, expectations will only get higher every year, and he is probably maxing out that ceiling, or very close to it. So when do you make the move? I know he likes the area and his kids like Oxford, yada yada....but an $80 million dollar contract doesn't happen very often, so you'd have to think if A&M calls he will be very interested.

I'm not saying he leaves this year, I just think I'd be more worried about A&M than any previous teams reaching out if I was Ole Miss.

I agree. I guess it boils down to whether he wants to try to win championships or not. That spanking by GA may make him want to move if he wants to be a champion.

Maroonthirteen
11-14-2023, 11:21 AM
I agree. I guess it boils down to whether he wants to try to win championships or not. That spanking by GA may make him want to move if he wants to be a champion.

Yep. ... and his post game press conference at UGA, he seemed very frustrated at OMs lack of talent.

My guess is, he wants a bigger job but not aTm. However he will leverage aTm against OM to get another raise. In the meantime, he is holding out for UF or Miami etc. Kiffen will be gone this year or next.

Bdawg
11-14-2023, 11:42 AM
Yep. ... and his post game press conference at UGA, he seemed very frustrated at OMs lack of talent.

My guess is, he wants a bigger job but not aTm. However he will leverage aTm against OM to get another raise. In the meantime, he is holding out for UF or Miami etc. Kiffen will be gone this year or next.

Maybe just fleece OM one more year and then see if Napier gets canned. Although, going to aTm will certainly guarantee to swell your bank account with guaranteed contracts and big buyout money.

TrapGame
11-14-2023, 11:52 AM
Maybe just fleece OM one more year and then see if Napier gets canned. Although, going to aTm will certainly guarantee to swell your bank account with guaranteed contracts and big buyout money.

Those crazy ass Texans have more money than sense.

HancockCountyDog
11-14-2023, 11:54 AM

A&M is a better job than Florida. Their NIL budget is top 5 in the country. Florida's is all over the place. They are bleeding commits currently and they have some in their NIL group that are starting to do what AU did last year, which is not donate to NIL because they didn't want to waste money on Harsin who was clearly on his way out.

Napier may get another year, but that doesn't mean the money people are going to donate to NIL.

Bdawg
11-14-2023, 11:56 AM
Those crazy ass Texans have more money than sense.

And probably by 2 to 1. Some people on here don’t understand what Texas money really amounts to.

Maroonthirteen
11-14-2023, 08:08 PM
And probably by 2 to 1. Some people on here don?t understand what Texas money really amounts to.

It equals a mid program for aTm and one NC for Texas since Darrel Royal.

Bdawg
11-14-2023, 10:11 PM

I really wasn’t speaking in terms of wins or losses, but just how much money they really have at these schools and can get from boosters. But like you say, they know how to piss it off and still be a mid program.

Coursesuper
11-15-2023, 08:19 AM

I passed on a job in the Houston area, Owner was a huge A&M $$ guy, worth approx. 10B. The facility was fantastic, might be the nicest clubhouse I've ever been in, Italian marble everywhere, really really good golf course. But, they were batshit crazy. That is the problem with them.

BrunswickDawg
11-15-2023, 11:44 AM

Don't blaspheme south Georgia like that. We are much classier than Gainesville!

Coursesuper
11-15-2023, 11:47 AM
Don't blaspheme south Georgia like that. We are much classier than Gainesville!

You are absolutely correct, Gainesville is a dump next to a giant swamp. I do apologize for slighting the wonderful GA low country.

Bothrops
11-15-2023, 07:55 PM
He may wait and see for Florida, but A&M is Texas sized dumb not to make him say no at least 3 times.