PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday didn't help us out

msstate7
11-12-2023, 09:28 AM
aTm moving on could open the OM job

Florida getting worked could make them move on lane.

Ark getting destroyed could open their job.

I don't want us competing with OM and ark for a HC this offseason. I'm done with arnett, so I'm not saying keep him. I just think we could end up with a 3rd or 4th candidate

basedog
11-12-2023, 09:31 AM

I don't want us competing with OM and ark for a HC this offseason. I'm done with Arnett, so I'm not saying keep him. I just think we could end up with a 3rd or 4th candidate

I think that is true, it is who we are. Let's hope whoever it will be can recruit and unite the fan base.

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-12-2023, 09:32 AM
I think OM getting smoked makes Lane realize he needs the big boy job to compete with UGA and Bama. UF May finish 5-7

DEDawg
11-12-2023, 09:34 AM
Honestly I don?t think it matters for us. The home runs you know will work like a Riley, Urban, etc. would never come here anyway so it?s really all luck. Leach was probably our second choice and think it worked better than Napier. Hiring a HC really is mostly luck as long as you don?t do something completely stupid like promoting an internal DC

TrapGame
Malzahn is the odds on favorite for Arkansas.

There could be a bidding war between A&M and Florida for Lane, unless...

A&M has already locked up Urban and Lane would crawl over broken bourbon bottles to get back into Florida.

OM probably winds up with Petrino.

Homedawg

I don't want us competing with OM and ark for a HC this offseason. I'm done with arnett, so I'm not saying keep him. I just think we could end up with a 3rd or 4th candidate

We aren't competing w A&M or Florida on a coaching hire. Ole miss ok

EdwardDrayton
11-12-2023, 09:35 AM
Fire Arnett. Now.

Pay our replacement of choice whatever it takes to say yes.

Homedawg
Malzahn is the odds on favorite for Arkansas.

There could be a bidding war between A&M and Florida for Lane, unless...

A&M has already locked up Urban and Lane would crawl over broken bourbon bottles to get back into Florida.

OM probably winds up with Petrino.

Ole miss isn't hiring Petrino

CadaverDawg
That's why we need to move yesterday on his firing so we can get to work and lock someone up early if they show interest

msstate7
11-12-2023, 09:36 AM
We aren't competing w A&M or Florida on a coaching hire. Ole miss ok

You read it wrong... Florida and aTm open could open OM.

CadaverDawg
11-12-2023, 09:36 AM

Zero chance

TrapGame
11-12-2023, 09:37 AM

Then we do. That's how this shit usually works out.

EdwardDrayton
11-12-2023, 09:41 AM
Let's be real. Anybody with a pulse is going to be better than what we have now.

LC Dawg
11-12-2023, 09:49 AM
I think we have to hire someone who's proven they can win at high level college football. Malzahn, Mullen, maybe Petrino. I'm sure there are others and I'm not sure which would be best but we definitely can't hire a coordinator and lower level coaches are pretty risky. There may be a few successful current P5 coaches that would be interested but I don't think many. Maybe a few G5 coaches but they are risky too - see Napier. I know any coach is a risk but I think hiring someone who has done it before gives us the best odds of recovering from this deep dark hole with the least risk of sinking further.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 09:58 AM
I disagree. I don't think both Helton and Herman find better jobs, so worst case scenario we should be able to hire one of those.

msstate7
11-12-2023, 10:02 AM
I disagree. I don't think both Helton and Herman find better jobs, so worst case scenario we should be able to hire one of those.

Herman lost again yesterday. He lost to 2-6 (before game) uAB last week and he lost to 1-8 (before game) east Carolina yesterday.

TrapGame
11-12-2023, 10:02 AM
I think we have to hire someone who's proven they can win at high level college football. Malzahn, Mullen, maybe Petrino. I'm sure there are others and I'm not sure which would be best but we definitely can't hire a coordinator and lower level coaches are pretty risky. There may be a few successful current P5 coaches that would be interested but I don't think many. Maybe a few G5 coaches but they are risky too - see Napier. I know any coach is a risk but I think hiring someone who has done it before gives us the best odds of recovering from this deep dark hole with the least risk of sinking further.

Petrino and Durkin need a place to land. It's not ideal but it ain't that bad. Could we do better? Sure. Will we? Odds are not in our favor.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 10:11 AM
Herman lost again yesterday. He lost to 2-6 (before game) uAB last week and he lost to 1-8 (before game) east Carolina yesterday.

I really don't care.