PDA

View Full Version : Bowling Green

MarketingBully01
12-05-2013, 03:43 AM
Quick update here. Bowling Green is 9-3 and playing Friday for the MAC championship. If they win, looks like they were better then people gave them credit for. OSU playing Oklahoma for the Big 12 championship on Saturday. Just thought it was interesting as it looks like some teams we thought sucked earlier are actually quite good.

Coach 57
12-05-2013, 07:29 AM
I have said it all year. Besides Our western normal counterparts I felt that Bowling Green was one of the most physical teams we played. They had good OT play & the OGs were being pulled from all kinds of angles.

I had said Ok State would get after Baylor too. But no one believed me. Doesn't surprise me AT all they are playing for their conference titles.

bluelightstar
12-05-2013, 08:06 AM
I didn't think Bowling Green "sucked," I just think we should not going into the final 2 minutes wondering if we're going to lose to a MAC team.

MarketingBully01
12-05-2013, 08:16 AM
Interesting that 3 of our 4 OOC opponents are going to go bowling. Add to that the SEC teams we played and it looks like we will have played 9 of 12 bowl teams. That is one heck of a schedule. Not sure many teams could say that. The thing that gets me is what people consider a team with a pulse. Are you considering top 10 teams as teams with pulses? If so, that is dumb. When I think of a team with a pulse, I think of a .500 team not teams playing for conference and national championships. With all of the injuries Coach Mullen has had to deal with, a 6-6 record is a minor accomplishment. Add to that that sixth win was against Ole Miss and we have just gained quite a bit of momentum for 2014. We should beat Marshall or Rice in the Liberty Bowl. Should be fun.

Bothrops
12-05-2013, 08:38 AM
Bowling Green had Florida on the ropes several times last year at the Swamp. The gators weren't as good as advertised, but they did go to the Sugar Bowl. Bowling Green would have beaten Florida this year.

Dawg61
12-05-2013, 08:47 AM
It was mentioned many times that BGSU has a good football team before we played them. Their DC got lots of mention last year when everyone was looking for Wilson replacements.

Coach 57
12-05-2013, 01:47 PM
I was one of the ones wanting the hire to replace Wilson.

engie
12-05-2013, 01:54 PM
As of today, according to the BCS standings, Bowling Green is our best win. Let that sink in...

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/m_20131205-bfre-134kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/20131205-bfre-134kb)

CadaverDawg
12-05-2013, 02:09 PM
And our Strength of Schedule is ranked #1 in the country on some sites. Makes the 6 win accomplishment pretty big. Those last two wins were huge for our coach, our program, and our fan base. I truly think if Mullen can win 6 with the schedule we had this year, he should be able to win 8+ next year. Crazy that we should have won against Auburn too and had 7 wins. Either way, 6 wins= 4 straight bowls, and accomplished against #1 schedule in the country. Well done

TheRef
12-05-2013, 02:13 PM
And our Strength of Schedule is ranked #1 in the country on some sites. Makes the 6 win accomplishment pretty big. Those last two wins were huge for our coach, our program, and our fan base. I truly think if Mullen can win 6 with the schedule we had this year, he should be able to win 8+ next year. Crazy that we should have won against Auburn too and had 7 wins. Either way, 6 wins= 4 straight bowls, and accomplished against #1 schedule in the country. Well done

I got blasted for pointing this out a couple of weeks ago. Was told that this doesn't matter this season and it only matters in Basketball and Baseball...but meh...I'm still a firm believer that this was a fairly good season given the circumstances. Also, I know it could've gotten better but still.

Todd4State
12-05-2013, 02:15 PM
And here's how the bowl system works- 6-6 with the number one schedule in the country = Liberty Bowl. 8 wins with a less than number one schedule in the country = Gator Bowl.

We go to a lot of Gator Bowls- then our National profile gets built up.

FISHDAWG
12-05-2013, 02:20 PM
[QUOTE=TheRef;100981]I got blasted for pointing this out a couple of weeks ago.

a couple of weeks ago folks wanted Mullen ran out of town ....... things can change as quickly as the forecast

TheRef
12-05-2013, 02:24 PM
a couple of weeks ago folks wanted Mullen ran out of town ....... things can change as quickly as the forecast

If not sooner, my dear friend.

bulldawg28
12-05-2013, 04:35 PM
forget the haters Mullen is the man.

TrueMaroon
12-05-2013, 04:48 PM
forget the haters Mullen is the man.

Truth.