PDA

View Full Version : Zach Arnett is the Worst MSU Football Coach I have ever seen

Todd4State
11-11-2023, 11:53 PM
And he has to go. The player's deserve a better leader especially after everything that they went through. And spare me the BS "Well we didn't recruit well". Most of these players won 9 games last year. That doesn't happen with bad players. When you have good players that play undisciplined however- then you get what we're watching. No need to wait. This team is going to be listless the rest of the year. Maybe an interim gives them a fresh start. Maybe it stays just as bad. Doesn't really matter. But it's not going to get better with this group.

Huge thank you to Keenum, Bracky, and the boosters that put their friends in charge ASAP and took advantage of Leach's death to push them through while using "Keep the team and recruiting class together" as a convenient excuse. Was pretty much the first in a string of lies. They wanted to change the offense while lying about keeping it mostly similar- well they get to wallow in this shit now. They can't even recruit well- which was supposed to be the one thing that they did well. Not surprising since many of them put together the other "bad" recruiting classes together so what should we have expected? I'm not giving any of these people a pass while they hide behind their lies. Yeah- it was a bad situation. And they somehow handled it as poorly as they absolutely possibly could. While also showing that they didn't care about learning from past mistakes like blowing up an offense with a veteran group that they were designed to run only to replace it with a glorified high school coach doing the complete opposite of what the player's strengths are.

What goes around comes around. I just wish Maroon Memories had giving Brad Peterson his walking papers and firing him personally as an option. Seriously- **** that guy. I hope he never sets foot back on campus after the Egg Bowl.

vindastra
11-12-2023, 12:03 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Todd4State again.

Bubb Rubb
11-12-2023, 12:09 AM
Careful, you're going to offend 34 with this take.

Lord McBuckethead
11-12-2023, 12:18 AM
Handled poorly except it did keep the class together.
Switching entire offensive coaching staffs was the real F up.

Goldendawg
11-12-2023, 12:27 AM

Looking back, I bet few or any of Leach's O staff wanted to work for this rookie, in over his head HC. Most probably knew this was coming. The media and SEC coaches saw it coming and picked us last in the West. Well they are wrong, as we are tied with AR for 6th to date and have the tie breaker!****

ArrowDawg
11-12-2023, 12:31 AM
And he has to go. The player's deserve a better leader especially after everything that they went through. And spare me the BS "Well we didn't recruit well". Most of these players won 9 games last year. That doesn't happen with bad players. When you have good players that play undisciplined however- then you get what we're watching. No need to wait. This team is going to be listless the rest of the year. Maybe an interim gives them a fresh start. Maybe it stays just as bad. Doesn't really matter. But it's not going to get better with this group.

Huge thank you to Keenum, Bracky, and the boosters that put their friends in charge ASAP and took advantage of Leach's death to push them through while using "Keep the team and recruiting class together" as a convenient excuse. Was pretty much the first in a string of lies. They wanted to change the offense while lying about keeping it mostly similar- well they get to wallow in this shit now. They can't even recruit well- which was supposed to be the one thing that they did well. Not surprising since many of them put together the other "bad" recruiting classes together so what should we have expected? I'm not giving any of these people a pass while they hide behind their lies. Yeah- it was a bad situation. And they somehow handled it as poorly as they absolutely possibly could. While also showing that they didn't care about learning from past mistakes like blowing up an offense with a veteran group that they were designed to run only to replace it with a glorified high school coach doing the complete opposite of what the player's strengths are.

What goes around comes around. I just wish Maroon Memories had giving Brad Peterson his walking papers and firing him personally as an option. Seriously- **** that guy. I hope he never sets foot back on campus after the Egg Bowl.

Bravo, sir.

Todd4State
11-12-2023, 01:37 AM

Even then with the portal it's not like they're going to stick around for much more than a year.

Agree about the offensive staff. I suspect Hollinghead would have left anyway which would have opened the door for Bumphis and we could have hired someone like AJ Smith who ran a hybrid AR/Run n' Shoot in the XFL to be our OC.

Tater
11-12-2023, 01:39 AM
Tarmac

Bothrops
11-12-2023, 02:57 AM
Free Arnett! Put him back on the defense!

basedog
11-12-2023, 08:06 AM
You nailed it Todd. Gotta make a move asap, no sense waiting.

Pancho
11-12-2023, 08:08 AM
Tater is correct

Catfish
11-12-2023, 08:09 AM

Rep given

msudawg1200
11-12-2023, 09:41 AM
This guy was a G5 DC, and then our DC where he did a commendable job for three years. In any other circumstance there is no way in hell he'd been considered for any HC job in the country save for some lower tier MAC or CUSA job, and I'm not sure he'd have gotten one of them. He's got to go, and we have to get a "real" SEC/P5 type coach.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-12-2023, 10:02 AM
I like Zach. I wanted him to succeed badly. But this isn’t working and everyone knows it. He also looks miserable. He looks like a guy who absolutely loved going to work every day as a defensive coordinator. Now he’s gotten a promotion and he hates his new job. He misses the old job because that’s who he was. He was born to be a defensive coordinator, not a head coach.

RockyDog
11-12-2023, 10:22 AM
Free Arnett! Put him back on the defense!

Why in the hell would you ever want a guy that had basically been neutered to remain at MSU. Zac can kick rocks and take his folded arms back to the WAC

sleepy dawg
11-12-2023, 10:31 AM
He needs to go today. Figure out the rest. Every second that goes by and he's still our coach is a waste.
I was okay with the hire. I didn't love it, didn't hate it. We were in a tough spot and made a the decision we did. Turns out it was a terrible decision. Lets move on... today.

Bothrops
11-12-2023, 12:17 PM
Why in the hell would you ever want a guy that had basically been neutered to remain at MSU. Zac can kick rocks and take his folded arms back to the WAC

I'd take him as a DC again in a heartbeat, rather than chance what we will likely be getting.

Turfdawg67
11-12-2023, 01:12 PM
Croom bad...

DownwardDawg
11-12-2023, 01:49 PM
Croom bad...

He's destroyed the program in 1 season. Less than 1 season!! Way worse than Croom.