PDA

View Full Version : Has he been fired yet?

PMDawg
11-11-2023, 11:08 PM
Nm

Quaoarsking
11-11-2023, 11:12 PM
Selmon, you have 18 hours. Counting down now.

CadaverDawg
11-12-2023, 12:55 AM
Bump

parabrave
11-12-2023, 12:58 AM
If any firing is going to be done it will be Keenum doing it. He hired him and he should explain why he did.

Tater
11-12-2023, 01:35 AM
Tarmac

CadaverDawg
11-12-2023, 09:08 AM
Bump. WTH are you waiting on, Selmon?

DEDawg
11-12-2023, 09:11 AM
It?s Sunday, imagine they?re getting the money figured out and need many ppl to make that happen. I would expect tomorrow early morning or it does not happen until an ole miss beat down

defiantdog
11-12-2023, 09:12 AM
Bump. WTH are you waiting on, Selmon?
He's probably currently having Brunch with Dan Mullenz *****

BrunswickDawg
11-12-2023, 09:16 AM
Waiting to see if we can get Jimbo on the cheap

basedog
11-12-2023, 09:22 AM
It?s Sunday, imagine they?re getting the money figured out and need many ppl to make that happen. I would expect tomorrow early morning or it does not happen until an ole miss beat down

Money was put together several weeks ago.

CadaverDawg
11-12-2023, 09:25 AM

Music to my ears. Again, what is Selmon waiting on? I guess now that A&M controls the headlines he has to wait so it won't be like a tree falling in the forest when he announces it. May have to put out a "bump" memo a few days after announcing it, bc nobody will care outside of our fan base now that we're Vandy

basedog
11-12-2023, 09:28 AM
Music to my ears. Again, what is Selmon waiting on? I guess now that A&M controls the headlines he has to wait so it won't be like a tree falling in the forest when he announces it. May have to put out a "bump" memo a few days after announcing it, bc nobody will care outside of our fan base now that we're Vandy

Who knows, but maybe something this afternoon as I'm sure team got home late. Then again, I do believe Arnett want be at the Egg Bowl. Just a guess.

DEDawg
11-12-2023, 09:31 AM
Probably, but it still takes multiple people to confirm everything day of

Maroonthirteen
11-12-2023, 09:33 AM
Waiting to see if we can get Jimbo on the cheap

Ha. Would NOT surprise me. Or Sunbelt Billy or Pittman. IN THE BLACK!

CadaverDawg
11-12-2023, 09:34 AM
Ha. Would NOT surprise me. Or Sunbelt Billy or Pittman. IN THE BLACK!

Jimbo with Billy as OC and Pittman OL coach. Durkin now available for DC. **

EdwardDrayton
11-12-2023, 09:46 AM

We should at least be hearing leaks about the decision today. Make it happen Zac.

TrapGame
11-12-2023, 09:53 AM
There needs to be a countdown clock at the top of the site ticking down until he's fired.

Jimbo had a legit shot to finish 8-4 and he still got fired.

If we don't hear anything by Monday morning we aren't serious about football anymore. Just close down the football department and give the money to basketball.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 09:56 AM
If it's not announced in the next 12 hours or so, Selmon and Keenum must be fired as well. Our program is in shambles.

Activated Alpha
11-12-2023, 09:57 AM
I do not know if I am more upset at Keenum or not. Once Cohen left, it took so damn long to get our AD in place. No one could foresee the sudden death of CML, but because of it we had to scramble without doing a legit HC search. Keenum is just as much to blame as Selmon for being a lame duck

DEDawg
11-12-2023, 10:22 AM
I do not know if I am more upset at Keenum or not. Once Cohen left, it took so damn long to get our AD in place. No one could foresee the sudden death of CML, but because of it we had to scramble without doing a legit HC search. Keenum is just as much to blame as Selmon for being a lame duck

Acting like Selmon is holding any blame rn doesnt make sense. Keenum hired Arnett, Keenum needs to sign off of Selmon recommendation to fire. For all we know Selmon has been petitioning and is just waiting on Keenum.

Really Clark?
11-12-2023, 10:23 AM

Our AD hire was on the short side normally. Took almost the same time as it took Auburn to hire Cohen. It would have been sooner, interviews were scheduled for the week that Coach Leach passed away. All of that had to be delayed or we would have hired our AD sooner than Auburn did.

EdwardDrayton
11-12-2023, 10:27 AM
Zac, you let a 6-4 bowl eligible school who shellacked us by 40 beat you to firing its coach. That also had to come up with $70 million to do it.

Strike 1. We're waiting.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2023, 10:29 AM
Acting like Selmon is holding any blame rn doesnt make sense. Keenum hired Arnett, Keenum needs to sign off of Selmon recommendation to fire. For all we know Selmon has been petitioning and is just waiting on Keenum.

If that's what's going on, wouldn't there be a lot of rumors?

I mean, that's basically what happened in 2019 (Cohen was ready to fire Moorhead even with the Egg Bowl win, and Keenum vetoed it), and it was all over the boards the next day.