PDA

View Full Version : Apathy

StarkVegasSteve
11-11-2023, 04:53 PM
Maybe it is just me, but is anyone else just ready to get this game over? Like I know what the outcome is going to be, I am not excited about watching it but I know I will. It is crazy how apathetic Arnett has made our program. Our program is a lot like him. The juice left the minute he took over and has just gone down more and more each week.

defiantdog
11-11-2023, 04:56 PM
Haven't missed a game in person or on tv since '99 and I doubt I'll even watch this game.

Churchill
11-11-2023, 05:03 PM
I've wondered if we even interviewed him or just hired him to "hold things together" out of sheer desperation. I still find it hard to believe anyone could have even given him an outside chance of being a successful SEC head football coach based on what I've seen.

StarkVegasSteve
11-11-2023, 05:06 PM
I've wondered if we even interviewed him or just hired him to "hold things together" out of sheer desperation. I still find it hard to believe anyone could have even given him an outside chance of being a successful SEC head football coach based on what I've seen.

We hired Arnett less than 5 days after Leach died. That should tell you all you need to know about the interview process.

Maroonthirteen
11-11-2023, 05:09 PM
Yeah, I'm just ready for the season to be over.

I'll watch tonight. But I have another tv going for UGAs game.

CaptainObvious
11-11-2023, 05:33 PM
Yeah, I'm just ready for the season to be over.

I'll watch tonight. But I have another tv going for UGAs game.

I fear you may be disappointed in both results.

Maroonthirteen
11-11-2023, 05:59 PM
I fear you may be disappointed in both results.

Nah. UGA is too strong on the LOS. OM will score early. But UGA will figure them out and shut them down.

EdwardDrayton
11-11-2023, 05:59 PM
It's not just football either. Never can remember being in such an apathetic state about the ENTIRE PROGRAM. Jans trying to give me some hope but we'll see in conference play. Lemonis? Yeah, even more so, we'll see. Selmon still has some time to show something. University administrators? Yeah, about that .........

confucius say
11-11-2023, 06:09 PM
It's not just football either. Never can remember being in such an apathetic state about the ENTIRE PROGRAM. Jans trying to give me some hope but we'll see in conference play. Lemonis? Yeah, even more so, we'll see. Selmon still has some time to show something. University administrators? Yeah, about that .........

How can you not be excited about men's basketball!?
Women's too if you follow that.

BrunswickDawg
11-11-2023, 06:23 PM
Could get interesting - A&M will be starting their 3rd string QB. This game may be super ugly - or a RAT fest

EdwardDrayton
11-11-2023, 06:29 PM

Not excited ...... yet. Jans giving me the most hope. We are deep and it appears we have some shooters. But we've seen in the past what we see early does not always translate to conference play. And a little concerned about Tolu's injury and will he play this season. Yes, I watch the girls too. Cautiously optimistic there.

parabrave
11-11-2023, 07:05 PM

This all day. Hell our new guys are better than last years starters.

R2Dawg
11-11-2023, 07:11 PM
Not excited ...... yet. Jans giving me the most hope. We are deep and it appears we have some shooters. But we've seen in the past what we see early does not always translate to conference play. And a little concerned about Tolu's injury and will he play this season. Yes, I watch the girls too. Cautiously optimistic there.

Ed, I think you've let football affect your whole MSU view. This basketball is good and we got a lot to be excited about. We got inside and outside power. Any team that plays us will have to play well to win.

schddog72
11-11-2023, 07:17 PM
Ed, I think you've let football affect your whole MSU view. This basketball is good and we got a lot to be excited about. We got inside and outside power. Any team that plays us will have to play well to win.

This, AND I think our women's team is really good as well. We won't be USCe or LSU good, but I think we can compete with anyone in the SEC.

CaptainObvious
11-11-2023, 07:27 PM
Nah. UGA is too strong on the LOS. OM will score early. But UGA will figure them out and shut them down.

Well you have been right so far. Rebels score first drive.

tcdog70
11-11-2023, 07:32 PM
Dammit boys, I have suffered through Shira and Croom, but never quit watching and pulling for the Dogs. Do Y’all forget Dans Shitty 5 win season. We might lose the next 3 but I will still be onboard and hoping we get better.

EdwardDrayton
11-11-2023, 07:57 PM

Well maybe football AND baseball. :)

EdwardDrayton
11-11-2023, 07:58 PM
Dammit boys, I have suffered through Shira and Croom, but never quit watching and pulling for the Dogs. Do Y’all forget Dans Shitty 5 win season. We might lose the next 3 but I will still be onboard and hoping we get better.

Will always be onboard 70; just maybe sipping the KoolAid a little slower these days.