PDA

View Full Version : Whitley late hit

It_Could_Happen
12-05-2013, 01:50 AM
Watching replay of the game and on the Wallace late hit David Pollack just went nuts. Exact words: "that's a terrible call, if your gonna lower your head at me I'm gonna hit ya."

It_Could_Happen
12-05-2013, 02:52 AM
Jesse Palmer just added that gabe was the best player on the field

Political Hack
12-05-2013, 07:54 AM
was an awful call, but Nickoe got him back.

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2013, 10:05 AM
The entire officiating was brutal and unacceptable for this game. Hopefully those Refs were punished.

DanDority
12-05-2013, 10:12 AM
The entire officiating was brutal and unacceptable for this game. Hopefully those Refs were punished.

I would bet that they weren't

Coach34
12-05-2013, 10:17 AM
It was a very badly officiated ballgame

messageboardsuperhero
12-05-2013, 10:20 AM
It's inexcusable to miss, not one, but TWO turnovers from the replay booth. That late hit was one of the most ridiculous calls I've ever seen.

smootness
12-05-2013, 10:24 AM
I will argue that instant replay has resulted in games that are more poorly officiated than before. Sure, it's nice to have the option to look at a replay on certain plays.

The problem is, it has absolutely changed the way officials call games. It's clear to me they are less focused on making absolutely sure they make as correct a call on the field as they can because they know there is a safety net in place. And college football claims every play is reviewed, but that is absolute crap. If that were the case, you simply wouldn't see the amount of missed calls you do.

So instead, they'll spend 5 minutes reviewing a play that was obvious in real time and is plainly clear on one quick view of a replay but will let a play that is at least very close and at most an obvious turnover stand.

It's also led to some apathy among fans and broadcasters. If replay weren't around, there would have been much more made during the broadcast of the two turnovers Ole Miss had that weren't called. Instead, not as much is made of it because everyone figures that if it were obviously missed, they'd review it.

We've now seen that even when a play actually is reviewed, refs can still miss it and it has resulted in such insane dissection of certain plays (like whether a ball slightly moved while in a WRs arms before he stepped out of bounds while watching in super slo-mo) that it has also taken away the spirit of some rules and made plays that everyone believes was a catch a non-catch. So there will always be missed calls, but I'd rather the refs be out there trying to make sure they get every call right than just letting things go or holding back their whistle because they're not sure.

FISHDAWG
12-05-2013, 11:03 AM
It's inexcusable to miss, not one, but TWO turnovers from the replay booth. That late hit was one of the most ridiculous calls I've ever seen.

not only that - RK playing as tailback with the same number as their other running back... shoulda been 15 yd penalty per carry and then ejection ... instead, he was allowed to change his jersey number and continue

rbdog82
12-05-2013, 11:06 AM
A good source told me Strick was on the phone with the SEC office the day after the game making sure they saw the two turnovers that weren't reviewed. Not sure if anything will come of it (and luckily the ultimate outcome went in our favor), but it was brought to the SEC's attention.

SignalToNoise
12-05-2013, 11:15 AM
A good source told me Strick was on the phone with the SEC office the day after the game making sure they saw the two turnovers that weren't reviewed. Not sure if anything will come of it (and luckily the ultimate outcome went in our favor), but it was brought to the SEC's attention.

Were they SEC refs? Steve Shaw is a ***** and will just issue a generic statement protecting them. "I support the decisions made by the officiating crew working the MSU game last Thursday. In my opinion the calls were correct."

What clown.

smootness
12-05-2013, 11:21 AM
not only that - RK playing as tailback with the same number as their other running back... shoulda been 15 yd penalty per carry and then ejection ... instead, he was allowed to change his jersey number and continue

No problem, I expect the next time we tackle a WR in the endzone while the ball is in the air, the refs will call our coaches together to warn us that is against the rules rather than flagging it.***