PDA

View Full Version : Here it is "The Season"

drummerdawg
12-05-2013, 12:14 AM
http://vimeo.com/m/81051674

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2013, 12:42 AM
I am so jealous of their video department. This series is so well done and I wish we had it.

A few observations:

1. They might not have the flue so much if Freeze didn't practice them outside in 30 degree weather

2. All they talk about is tempo tempo tempo. Makes you wonder what they do when they can't establish tempo?

3. One of the managers in their turkey bowl game has a better arm action and release than Bo Wallace. 3:20ish mark and you'll see.

4. It seems as if Freeze's message could be getting old

5. The producer of the show's name is Chris Sabo and he is from Ohio. Wonder if he is related to the Chris Sabo?

mstatefan91
12-05-2013, 12:48 AM
That's cute

It is shot well though..

Pollodawg
12-05-2013, 12:49 AM
"Let's go make sure we get some good recruits and depth so this never happens again." That's a paraphrase, but it still makes the point that they are hypocrites. They gave Mullen endless shit for saying that we would never lose to them again.

mstatefan91
12-05-2013, 12:55 AM
"Let's go make sure we get some good recruits and depth so this never happens again." That's a paraphrase, but it still makes the point that they are hypocrites. They gave Mullen endless shit for saying that we would never lose to them again.
Well it does give them a cop out. They can just say that they still didn't have depth when we beat them next year in Oxford.

engie
12-05-2013, 12:57 AM
We need to throw a ridiculous figure at Mr Sabo and force them to pay him what he's worth. Then, we need to go hire someone just like him.

This is LIGHT YEARS better than anything we do. And it's literally every video they put out like this...

Todd4State
12-05-2013, 03:16 AM

Everything is about recruiting with those people. I bet they're more obsessed than Alabama about it.

LeakyD
12-05-2013, 08:06 AM
I think having the OM broadcast used for audio explains why Kellum hasn't been as over the top with his commentary.

smootness
12-05-2013, 08:45 AM
2. All they talk about is tempo tempo tempo. Makes you wonder what they do when they can't establish tempo?

This is my issue with the HUNH. It isn't about playcalling or scheme or talent...it's about going too fast for the defense to keep up. I've heard people defend it as being 'creative', but it isn't. It is the definition of gimmicky and cheap. It's possible under the rules, so I don't fault teams for doing it, but I don't like what it's turning football into. To me, part of the beauty of football is that each play is its own battle; both teams have a plan, they line up, get set, and go at each other. Continuing to run up to the line so that the defense is constantly scrambling is smart as a coach but I don't like it as a fan.

smootness
12-05-2013, 08:46 AM
Everything is about recruiting with those people. I bet they're more obsessed than Alabama about it.

It does seem that they are far more focused on recruiting than developing and coaching...as though if your players aren't good enough now, there's nothing you can do about it so you better go get better players, and they better be good enough right away.

It's hard for me to imagine our coaching staff telling anyone, even among themselves, that the way to make sure we beat our rival going forward is to recruit better.

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2013, 08:56 AM
This is my issue with the HUNH. It isn't about playcalling or scheme or talent...it's about going too fast for the defense to keep up. I've heard people defend it as being 'creative', but it isn't. It is the definition of gimmicky and cheap. It's possible under the rules, so I don't fault teams for doing it, but I don't like what it's turning football into. To me, part of the beauty of football is that each play is its own battle; both teams have a plan, they line up, get set, and go at each other. Continuing to run up to the line so that the defense is constantly scrambling is smart as a coach but I don't like it as a fan.

Agree, plus I think some of the rules need to be changed in regards to these hurry up offenses.

In the Egg Bowl, I saw the following problems;

1. Chains not being anywhere close to set before the snap
2. Refs not in position before the snap
3. Refs not having enough time to review previous plays due to quick snap.

There are some legitimate problems that hurry up offenses create in maintaining the integrity of the game. Football rules need to be adjusted

smootness
12-05-2013, 09:30 AM
Agree, plus I think some of the rules need to be changed in regards to these hurry up offenses.

In the Egg Bowl, I saw the following problems;

1. Chains not being anywhere close to set before the snap
2. Refs not in position before the snap
3. Refs not having enough time to review previous plays due to quick snap.

There are some legitimate problems that hurry up offenses create in maintaining the integrity of the game. Football rules need to be adjusted

I agree, and I think all of those fall within the spirit of the game. I don't see anything about football that must allow a team to call plays as quickly as they can. The only potential issue I see is that there is a running clock, and I also don't think it makes sense to have a clock running while telling a team there is a certain period of time in which they can't run another play.

I equate it to a pitcher in baseball getting the ball back from the catcher and firing another pitch as quickly as he possibly can, regardless of what the batter is doing. That would clearly be a huge advantage for the pitcher, and there is a reason it isn't allowed...because it isn't baseball.

Again, though, in baseball there is no clock. So you could determine what is the minimum amount of time that must elapse between snaps, but then do you want to stop the clock for that period of time? Because that would lengthen games by quite a bit.

But the offensive explosion in football is going to kill the sport to some degree, I think. Although the whole thing may be eventually dead in 25 years anyway, given where it is headed.

messageboardsuperhero
12-05-2013, 09:43 AM

These are pretty much my exact feelings about it.

Is it smart for coaches to exploit this? Yeah, sometimes it is. That doesn't mean that I have to enjoy watching it though. The idea of "Hey, let's hurry up and snap the ball before the defense is ready" just sounds like something a bunch of kids would do at recess. That's just my opinion.

smootness
12-05-2013, 09:47 AM

Is it smart for coaches to exploit this? Yeah, sometimes it is. That doesn't mean that I have to enjoy watching it though. The idea of "Hey, let's hurry up and snap the ball before the defense is ready" just sounds like something a bunch of kids would do at recess. That's just my opinion.

And the problem is, there's nothing the defense can do to combat it. It is obviously far easier for an offense to already have scripted plays and just keep running them than it is for the defense to figure out what the offense is doing and try to combat it.

To keep going with the baseball analogy, there would be nothing a hitter could do to 'exploit' what the pitcher is doing. You could argue that throwing that quickly would mean each pitch is less effective, but that's not necessarily so. If you are doing something that is an obvious competitive advantage that the other team can do nothing about, then I think it should try to be stopped.

The 'your team can do it, too' argument is asinine. The offense doesn't compete against the other offense. If football becomes games of 72-69 where if you find some way to get one stop, everyone will stop watching.

deltadawg99
12-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Chris Kiffin telling the DL to "HOLD YOUR COMPOSURE" at about the 16 minute mark sounds like Will Ferrell during Old School

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2013, 10:03 AM

I don't have a huge problem with hurry up offenses outside of the fact that the refs and replay guys have no idea how to do their jobs when they are being run.

messageboardsuperhero
12-05-2013, 10:26 AM
I'm with Nick Saban on this whole issue when he says "Is this really what we want football to become?" I can understand when teams hurry up and no huddle at the end of the half or the end of a game, but when that is what you base your offense around, it's just a stupid gimmick.

thunderclap
12-05-2013, 11:38 AM
So Freeze takes two shots at his own guys in the pre-prayer talk at the end? Made a crack about the turnovers and then makes a crack about no back-ups worth a shit. That's some style right there.

mstatefan91
12-05-2013, 12:02 PM
So Freeze takes two shots at his own guys in the pre-prayer talk at the end? Made a crack about the turnovers and then makes a crack about no back-ups worth a shit. That's some style right there.

"Guys, the blame rests on Bo for the turnovers, and it lies on Houston Nutt for the lack of players."

Bob Sacamano
12-05-2013, 12:05 PM
You don't realize how correct you are in your assessment of the Bear's player development, or lack there of.

I personally know an OM player and the player's father who constantly comment about how Freeze's staff does not concentrate on technique and development. They spend a tremendous amount of time talking about talent, depth, and just making sure the players know he plays.

I've seen their offensive play book. It was a 1" binder that was maybe 1/3 full.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-05-2013, 12:19 PM
I noticed that after MSU scored the first TD it went back to the hudle with Chris Kiffin and the defense. He told them "You have to keep your composure!". Thats is funny that he directed that statement towards the group and not towards Robert Nkemdiche himself since he was the one who got the personal foul. It may be a stretch, but it seems to me like the coaches are afraid to call him out.

mstatefan91
12-05-2013, 12:32 PM
I noticed that after MSU scored the first TD it went back to the hudle with Chris Kiffin and the defense. He told them "You have to keep your composure!". Thats is funny that he directed that statement towards the group and not towards Robert Nkemdiche himself since he was the one who got the personal foul. It may be a stretch, but it seems to me like the coaches are afraid to call him out.

Well they were in our face after nearly every play in the first half. Not just the ESPN darling Nkemdiche.

smootness
12-05-2013, 12:41 PM

Uh, Kiffin was in his face calling him selfish immediately after the PF, so I don't think they're afraid to call him out.

That seems like a pretty reasonable time to remind everyone to keep their composure.

Coach34
12-05-2013, 12:48 PM
It's hard for me to imagine our coaching staff telling anyone, even among themselves, that the way to make sure we beat our rival going forward is to recruit better.

translated Freezus said- "bottom line, you mf'ers arent talented enough. It's not my fault, I need better players."

Wow. How do you say that to your team???

mstatefan91
12-05-2013, 01:00 PM
translated Freezus said- "bottom line, you mf'ers arent talented enough. It's not my fault, I need better players."

Wow. How do you say that to your team???

Yep. "You guys didn't get it done. Don't worry though, I'll get better players than you."

Dawgfan1
12-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Freeze come across as super cheesy with his speeches. Maybe it's just me

Pollodawg
12-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Freeze doesn't bother me anymore. Back when I thought he was some super genius head coach, I was like, "oh, shit." Now that I see him for what he is, I am more like, "meh, he's ok, but he isn't anything to get that excited about."

Political Hack
12-05-2013, 01:16 PM
my friend bob sacamano...

TrapGame
12-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Freeze come across as super cheesy with his speeches. Maybe it's just me

No, it's not just you. The SOB won't be there in two years. Not only do you need good recruits but you need a good coach. Freeze is a snake oil salesman. He's the country bumpkin version of Lane Kiffen sans the super hot wife.

OurState
12-05-2013, 06:57 PM
http://vimeo.com/m/81051674

1) When did David Chappelle become their WR coach? And didn't he look close to laughing during the post game talk?

2) you have to give them credit for laughing at themselves, the managers vs trainers was funny and seemed like a huge send up of all Freezus' crap.

DownwardDawg
12-05-2013, 07:14 PM

It won't be around long. The great Saban has spoken against it and now Doctors are saying that it puts players at a higher risk for concussion. It is short lived.

Coach 57
12-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Players inherently adopt the coaches persona. This could be good....or bad. Throw your QB under the bus & your players will do it too. Dan didn't do this to Tyler after the last two games of the year when it CLEARLY was his poor decisions that cost is the last 2 games. I assure you this, you haven't heard the last of the Wallace Vs Freeze scenario. Watch!

Also one thing I noticed about the game (thanks who ever posted it on YouTube) was how Freeze waited till the ESPN cam was on him & THEN he started to light into Robert. And after looking like he had done something the interviewer asked him about it (obviously it happened RIGHT in front of her). He then uses "the moment" to state his "position" and then decided it was time to toss a kid that is CLEARLY the reason they have 7 wins. Look say what you want, properly coached.......Bo could be an outstanding QB. He hasn't grown much in his football ability & football acumen from his EMCC run. I never watched him at Arky St. But I wished I had. I know he has a bad attitude but I really kind of feel sorry for him. I know from a VERY good source he REALLY wanted to be here. But we couldn't guarantee him the starting spot. He was told he'd have to earn it.

Pollodawg
12-05-2013, 11:19 PM
Players inherently adopt the coaches persona. This could be good....or bad. Throw your QB under the bus & your players will do it too. Dan didn't do this to Tyler after the last two games of the year when it CLEARLY was his poor decisions that cost is the last 2 games. I assure you this, you haven't heard the last of the Wallace Vs Freeze scenario. Watch!

Also one thing I noticed about the game (thanks who ever posted it on YouTube) was how Freeze waited till the ESPN cam was on him & THEN he started to light into Robert. And after looking like he had done something the interviewer asked him about it (obviously it happened RIGHT in front of her). He then uses "the moment" to state his "position" and then decided it was time to toss a kid that is CLEARLY the reason they have 7 wins. Look say what you want, properly coached.......Bo could be an outstanding QB. He hasn't grown much in his football ability & football acumen from his EMCC run. I never watched him at Arky St. But I wished I had. I know he has a bad attitude but I really kind of feel sorry for him. I know from a VERY good source he REALLY wanted to be here. But we couldn't guarantee him the starting spot. He was told he'd have to earn it.

See, I am with you, coach. I've seen no development out of Bo at all. His footwork if the same. His mechanics are the same. He doesn't breakdown defenses pre-snap any better than he ever did last season. It's clear that he's being taught nothing at all. The biggest reason he had success early on is because all of the plays for him were scripted. Once the plan was blown up or his first read was out, he threw the ball up for grabs or just scrambled. It's sad really.