PDA

View Full Version : Do you start Shaq Moore when he comes back

SPDawgs
11-10-2023, 09:13 AM
Shaq is a smaller guy so he can only play the one or the two and only the one in my opinion. So, when he comes back do you put him back in the starting line up over Davis?

I know it's only one game but Davis had 10 points and 50% from behind the arc. He also helped slow the game down really well when ASU started to make runs

If you could use Shaq as a 6th man type of role I think that would be the best to show his abilities just curious about how everyone else felt about this.

parabrave
11-10-2023, 09:27 AM
It's only one game so yeah he starts/ But if Davis remains hot and shak remains streaky then Davis gets the nod. But ain't it great you have guys on the bench now who can come in and play alot of minutes.

SPDawgs
11-10-2023, 09:48 AM
That's the biggest thing I noticed on Wednesday night was there was barley a drop off when our bench players came in. Maybe we can forget football for a little bit now and just be a little happy

trob115
11-10-2023, 10:20 AM
I wouldn't take rams out of the starting Pg role. He's a great distributor. I think Shaq will get a chance to start at the 2 when he returns. If Fort stays hot, he and Shaq would be a great 1-2 punch at the 2 spot.

The biggest question to me is what to do with Taylor. He looked lost on Wednesday. Hopefully that was opening night jitters. If not, he probably doesn't play much, barring injury.

Cooterpoot
11-10-2023, 10:25 AM
I'm not going to worry about decisions made by Jans. If you can't trust him, who can you trust?

gtowndawg
11-10-2023, 10:45 AM
I'm a fan of Davis. I had high hopes for him last year after seeing him at Maroon madness (very natural shooting stroke), but he wasn't quite there. Now that he has a year under his belt, I think he will be one of our better, consistent players this year.

Plus, I don't know what Shaq did, but I read he was lucky it was just two games. If true, that's not a leader.

EdwardDrayton
11-10-2023, 01:37 PM
Any hints as to why he's suspended.

LC Dawg
11-10-2023, 01:55 PM
Shak has played off the bench before and it worked out well. I'd like to see how that works this year.
Shak isn't going to start over Davis but he could start alongside him.
He has a lot of experience and can drive and score or distribute the ball but he's not a good 3 pt shooter. Jans has a lot of lineup options and it's going to be interesting to see what he does.

HoopsDawg
11-10-2023, 02:24 PM
You shouldn't play more than 9-10 guys so I don't know what Jans is going to do. I thought Jones might be the odd man out, but he played well the other night.