PDA

View Full Version : Junction fight. New tailgating rules

TheLostDawg
11-08-2023, 09:33 PM
May be another thread about this that I missed.

Seems there was a fight in the this past weekend that had lead to rule changes such as no speakers.

Was it just one fight, blown out of proportion?

Coursesuper
11-08-2023, 09:41 PM
May be another thread about this that I missed.

Seems there was a fight in the this past weekend that had lead to rule changes such as no speakers.

Was it just one fight, blown out of proportion?

7 arrested, 1 tazed, it was bad.

TheLostDawg
11-08-2023, 09:46 PM
7 arrested, 1 tazed, it was bad.

The fact that someone got tazed says it all

lastmajordog
11-08-2023, 09:47 PM
Not the same since they closed the old RR track to folks.

CaptainObvious
11-08-2023, 11:51 PM
Gonna have to get Security Guards on golf carts riding all tailgate areas with tazers

Reunion Dog
11-09-2023, 01:00 AM
Time to bring out the drug dogs for the rest of the year?. Can we get rid of Keenum & fat boy Sid Salter all at the same time as the entire coaching staff?

Pancho
11-09-2023, 06:13 AM
reunion dog is onto something

confucius say
11-09-2023, 08:45 AM
What happened?

Maroonthirteen
11-09-2023, 09:15 AM
Not the same since they closed the old RR track to folks.

I thought creating that green space was a nice addition to campus. But yeah, the RV people that parked there got the shaft. Moving them over to north of the stadium and hump, removed those people from gameday activities.

I said in another thread. State should look into to doing some construction to modify "The Junction" or the east portion of the amphitheater lawn with some parking spaces for the RVs or cars. Similar to Memphis Tiger lane. Charge a nice premium for that parking.

And/Or allow Southern Tailgate to set up their tents in the Junction and any free lance tailgater have to pay for space too.

Churchill
11-09-2023, 11:39 AM
Time to bring out the drug dogs for the rest of the year?. Can we get rid of Keenum & fat boy Sid Salter all at the same time as the entire coaching staff?

I'm in.

Pinto
11-09-2023, 12:16 PM
I like the idea of putting southern tailgate in the junction.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-09-2023, 12:29 PM
What happened?

We had some idiots tailgating. Smoking dope, one had a gun, calling 10-year old white kids "motherfu**ing crackers", not letting people go down the sidewalks, hitting each other with chairs in a fight, blasting loud music with the bad language (f**k, hoe, slut, bitch, N-word, etc). Music could easily be heard in the stadium during the national anthem.

viverlibre
11-09-2023, 12:35 PM
Why it had to get to this point before we implemented these measures is inexcusable. One of any administration's main jobs should be to anticipate threats, just paying attention to the world around us for the past three years, we should have prepared. It's a shame folks can't conduct themselves and have to be regulated, but that's were we are in society.

Coursesuper
11-09-2023, 12:36 PM
I like the idea of putting southern tailgate in the junction.

Every tailgate area should be sectioned off and to get one you have to give a donation to the Bulldog Initiative.

Goldendawg
11-09-2023, 12:53 PM
Why it had to get to this point before we implemented these measures is inexcusable. One of any administration's main jobs should be to anticipate threats, just paying attention to the world around us for the past three years, we should have prepared. It's a shame folks can't conduct themselves and have to be regulated, but that's were we are in society.

They were't even enforcing rules on the books for years, as in no smoking on campus. Another failure by those "in charge" with the "game day experience." We have digressed on and off the field.

WSOPdawg
11-09-2023, 01:10 PM

Rep given

Dawgology
11-09-2023, 01:49 PM
Yep. Increase police presence and drug dogs. Make The Junction for Bulldog Initiative donors with location based on amount given. Of course, members can pass on their spot because some of the older ones don’t tailgate.

EdwardDrayton
11-09-2023, 02:01 PM
Forget the taser. They'll remember the lesson of a large police baton a lot longer.

confucius say
11-09-2023, 02:12 PM
Every tailgate area should be sectioned off and to get one you have to give a donation to the Bulldog Initiative.

I like it

confucius say
11-09-2023, 02:13 PM
We had some idiots tailgating. Smoking dope, one had a gun, calling 10-year old white kids "motherfu**ing crackers", not letting people go down the sidewalks, hitting each other with chairs in a fight, blasting loud music with the bad language (f**k, hoe, slut, bitch, N-word, etc). Music could easily be heard in the stadium during the national anthem.

Geez. That's ridiculous.

Goldendawg
11-09-2023, 02:18 PM
I also thought it was against the rules to have your dog on campus on gameday. Seeing more and more of this (all breeds) on gameday. Very little University police (or others) present in all the home games to date. There seems to be apathy in our administration doing their jobs on gameday, in addition to the apathy in the stands viewing this disgrace of a football program this year.

viverlibre
11-09-2023, 02:18 PM
They were't even enforcing rules on the books for years, as in no smoking on campus. Another failure by those "in charge" with the "game day experience." We have digressed on and off the field.

As long as folks behave for the most part, often rules aren't enforced. It's like speeding, the limit is 70 on the interstate, you can drive up to 80 without much worry, but if you drive 100, it becomes a problem.

Goldendawg
11-09-2023, 02:24 PM
As long as folks behave for the most part, often rules aren't enforced. It's like speeding, the limit is 70 on the interstate, you can drive up to 80 without much worry, but if you drive 100, it becomes a problem.

My son and I walked through this at 6:00 PM on the way to our entrance gate and it was bad then (even before the fight). It was obvious they were there to party and not to view the game. Maybe they took the wrong GPS route and thought that they were in the Grove. OM never loses a party!****

Jarius
11-09-2023, 02:58 PM

This about sums it up. It wasn't just a fight. That entire area was brewing the entire afternoon. The fight was only a portion of the issue in that area.

Bothrops
11-09-2023, 03:28 PM
Did the campus policia respond?

DawgFromOxford
11-09-2023, 03:32 PM
Get out of here with suggestions about paying for a tailgate spot.

Just increase security presence and deal with unruly fans before it escalates into a full blown brawl

Goldendawg
11-09-2023, 03:50 PM

Just increase security presence and deal with unruly fans before it escalates into a full blown brawl

Just voiced my concerns to UPD and thanked them for their service in today's world. He said their concerns voiced about this type situation happening at MSU to the administration had been met with"that will never happen here". Said this was a wake up call at all levels and areas of our administration. I was wrong about dogs on campus, is allowed on a leash. Will hug the next pit bull in a spiked collar I see at the USM game.** Never mind, will be plenty of room to avoid them on sidewalks with the 40K State fans and 13 USM fans who show up for the 4-6 Dawgs and 2-8 mustard buzzards.****

Westdawg
11-09-2023, 09:55 PM
I was shocked at the sheer amount of openness of bad behavior in the couple games we went to earlier this season. Lots of weed being openly smoked, hard core boozing to the point of shoving and several near brawls, multiple tents with music blaring so loud you couldn?t even yell to the person next to you and be heard. Saw several students, or close to that age, being literally carted off because of passing out due to too much of something. Almost got into one myself because of how they shoved my four year old as we were walking through to get to the southwest gate while they were attempting to fight amongst themselves.
8 or so years ago (the year MSU beat AU to go to #1) most of the tents in the junction were families or adults. It was an awesome tailgate experience?.now it?s a full fledge drunk fest and fight field. It?s the LAST thing most paying fans and alum want to have to tailgate alongside, much less walk thru to get in the gate.
When you combine the crap show on the field with the crap show in Malfunction, our admin will be lucky to have 30k the rest of the year and to start next season.

Thick
11-09-2023, 10:09 PM
This is all about being scared to stand up to the woke/white privilege bullshit. I promise you this, until people start standing up to this thug behavior with force it will never end. Those sorry POS are exactly what they are fuking POS. Act like a thug get treated like a thug. Truth be told, that group doesn?t want any part of the ?crackers? that know how to use firearms! Stacking them up like firewood!

lastmajordog
11-09-2023, 10:33 PM
del

Lord McBuckethead
11-10-2023, 02:04 PM
Thank God for the new rule against speakers. The junction has been terrible for 3 years due to everyone blasting their crappy music.

EdwardDrayton
11-10-2023, 06:34 PM
Just voiced my concerns to UPD and thanked them for their service in today's world. He said their concerns voiced about this type situation happening at MSU to the administration had been met with"that will never happen here". Said this was a wake up call at all levels and areas of our administration. I was wrong about dogs on campus, is allowed on a leash. Will hug the next pit bull in a spiked collar I see at the USM game.** Never mind, will be plenty of room to avoid them on sidewalks with the 40K State fans and 13 USM fans who show up for the 4-6 Dawgs and 2-8 mustard buzzards.****

Sounds like we could stand to sweep a few out the door at the top administrator levels also.

MaroonFlounder
11-10-2023, 08:02 PM

Sure, you can just stay in your free tailgate area throughout every game, because our NIL is such that our football team will continue to be non-competitive and not worth watching.

bulldawg28
11-10-2023, 08:28 PM
This is all about being scared to stand up to the woke/white privilege bullshit. I promise you this, until people start standing up to this thug behavior with force it will never end. Those sorry POS are exactly what they are fuking POS. Act like a thug get treated like a thug. Truth be told, that group doesn?t want any part of the ?crackers? that know how to use firearms! Stacking them up like firewood!

Wtf man?

maroonmania
11-10-2023, 08:53 PM
Sounds like we could stand to sweep a few out the door at the top administrator levels also.

I've still yet to be able to name anything Zac Selmon has done since being at MSU.

Activated Alpha
11-10-2023, 09:09 PM
Wtf man?

Yeah I was puzzled too, but really don't want this thread to devolve into a locked shitfest

EdwardDrayton
11-10-2023, 09:09 PM

Damn dude. Burn your sheet not a wooden cross.

bulldawg28
11-10-2023, 09:11 PM
Yeah I was puzzled too, but really don't want this thread to devolve into a locked shitfest

It's the way of the ....Ole Miss South

Maroonthirteen
11-11-2023, 07:53 AM
It's the way of the ....Ole Miss South

Since you brought them up, The Oxford square doesn't have these problems. Their freshman enrollment has been bigger than ours for two years and their athletic teams are doing great.

If State doesn't get better leadership to clean up gameday, recruiting and academics.... we will fall further behind.

PGHBulldogBG
11-11-2023, 09:20 AM
Sorry to hear the Junction has turned into a bad environment like this. When I was in college in the late 2000s it was a fun and welcoming environment. I have not been to a football game in awhile due to my location and it being a 14 hour (2 day down, 2 day back drive) and the cost being way too high/hotel availability in Starkville, but hearing these kind of things make me not even want to attend. I prefer basketball anyways so it works out coming down every other year for that, but I hope security can get this cleaned up. This sort of behavior will continue to drag people away which will result in lower attendance.

EdwardDrayton
11-11-2023, 09:53 AM
I've still yet to be able to name anything Zac Selmon has done since being at MSU.

I'm talking higher than that.