PDA

View Full Version : Higher floor or higher ceiling

Maverick91
11-08-2023, 04:54 PM
What are our expectations moving forward? Higher floor or ceiling?

Since humpback took over in 2009 we average winning 58% of the time, meaning we win the ones we should and are able to pick off two that we shouldn?t most of the time.

Our ceiling right now is 10 wins, had it in ?14 should have had it in ?17 and ?18 if humpback wasn?t shopping and I think we would be in the running right now for it if Leach hadn?t passed that?s four 10 win seasons in 14 years. I am good with a ceiling right now of 10, I think that is extremely respectable especially in the conference/division we are located.

I want a coach that is going to raise the floor to that 7-8 wins a year. I have never been a fan of high highs and low lows, I want consistency with highs becoming more consistent as the program gets better year over year.

The question is what coach is going to bring that type of leadership/coaching ability to maintain that level of success? Currently I don?t know, but I hope that is who we are looking for, someone to build a sustainable winning program that hopefully as time goes on our average winning climbs.

If I had to chose it would be the below:

1. Hermon
2. Helton

They are relatively young, and would piss off our opponents they have coached at the best programs and had sustainable success, if either of them had the success they had at their prior jobs here at State they would be getting raises every year.

gtowndawg
11-08-2023, 05:04 PM
I'm honestly torn on who we should get but I do know our floor should be 6 wins in bad years and our ultimate ceiling is 10 wins in the great years. If a coach can stay within those boundries he can pretty much right his ticket at State for as long as he likes.

BuckyIsAB****
11-08-2023, 05:47 PM
Higher floor 100 percent

parabrave
11-08-2023, 06:12 PM
8-9 wins consistently with the occasional 10-11 win season. Its been done before and can be done again.

R2Dawg
11-08-2023, 06:35 PM
6 wins floor, 10-11 wins ceiling

HoopsDawg
11-08-2023, 06:55 PM
might need a ben howland to get us to a chris jans.