PDA

View Full Version : 5-7 and a bowl?

msudawg1200
11-08-2023, 08:24 AM
There's a pretty decent possibility because of the lack of available 6 wins teams, plus our APR we could get a bowl bid if we get to 5-7. The question is would we accept? Pros would be the main one to extend the bowl streak, and usually you want the extra practices, but with most likely a new staff who would run them? Cons would be staff is most likely to be fired, transfer portal and opt outs deplete the roster, and just wanting to end this dumpster fire of a season. What is the board opinion of what should we do if this happens?

Really Clark?
11-08-2023, 08:45 AM
I would accept, more reps for young players is never a bad thing and sending out the seniors who stayed through this gives them 1 last chance to play the game for many of them.

BulldogBear
11-08-2023, 08:46 AM
Solid. Accept.

Is this a debate?

DesotoDog1967
11-08-2023, 08:48 AM
Leach would accept

msstate7
11-08-2023, 08:51 AM
I'd accept, but it shouldn't even be a possibility. I hated it the previous 2 times also

basedog
11-08-2023, 08:56 AM
No

Dawgology
11-08-2023, 09:00 AM
Yea keep the bowl streak alive. There will still be a new staff coming in. Might as well let the kids enjoy Birmingham or wherever.

ETA: plus, it would be good exposure for our coaching search. All the commentators would talk about is the possible coaches and/or the coach who has accepted to position but will start after bowl season. It’s a win/win for the program and the faintest of silver linings.

msudawg1200
11-08-2023, 09:01 AM
Solid. Accept.

Is this a debate?

I don't know? Is it? Kinda the whole point of my creating the topic.

Offshore Dawg
11-08-2023, 09:07 AM
I drought that tickets would sell, too much apathy. Plus, no offence.

State82
11-08-2023, 09:17 AM
We did it before. Might as well do it again if given the option. I would be for it. If you decline you are a quitter.

StarkVegasSteve
11-08-2023, 09:38 AM
If it means Arnett would stay then no. Otherwise, yea go ahead with it. It gives your new staff time to evaluate your returning guys with 3 weeks of extra practices.

confucius say
11-08-2023, 09:40 AM
You absolutely accept.

Quaoarsking
11-08-2023, 09:45 AM
Accept and let the new hire coach it.

Todd4State
11-08-2023, 09:55 AM
There's a pretty decent possibility because of the lack of available 6 wins teams, plus our APR we could get a bowl bid if we get to 5-7. The question is would we accept? Pros would be the main one to extend the bowl streak, and usually you want the extra practices, but with most likely a new staff who would run them? Cons would be staff is most likely to be fired, transfer portal and opt outs deplete the roster, and just wanting to end this dumpster fire of a season. What is the board opinion of what should we do if this happens?

Yeah we should accept. It's a no brainer. Doesn't mean Arnett would have to stay if that happens.

ZedFedder
11-08-2023, 09:58 AM
You accept just to get those younger guys reps. Assuming Arnett would be fired anyway, you are playing with house money. Nobody would expect you to win, and if you do, then great. Also, great point on keeping the bowl streak alive. Nobody mentions that we went to a bowl at 5-7 in that streak. Nobody will again.

BrunswickDawg
11-08-2023, 10:12 AM
Accept and let the new hire coach it.

THIS^^^^^^ Huge way to let a new coach have an evaluation period and get to know the players. That's why it is imperative that Selmon has started this process and we have someone teed up to take over as close to November 24th as possible.

FISHDAWG
11-08-2023, 10:18 AM
Yes ... and let Parson start

ScoobaDawg
11-08-2023, 11:21 AM
If it means Arnett would stay then no. Otherwise, yea go ahead with it. It gives your new staff time to evaluate your returning guys with 3 weeks of extra practices.

Exactly this. It would be great to keep the bowl streak going.. though having TWO 5-7 exceptions makes it look weak but I guess who knows that than us.
No matter what though. This "era" i mean "error" has to end.

Tater
11-08-2023, 11:25 AM
Exactly this. It would be great to keep the bowl streak going.. though having TWO 5-7 exceptions makes it look weak but I guess who knows that than us.
No matter what though. This "era" i mean "error" has to end.

We have a 3-7 exception.

confucius say
11-08-2023, 12:00 PM
We have a 3-7 exception.

Meh. Half the bowl teams that year had losing records.

DawgFromOxford
11-08-2023, 12:27 PM
Absolutely you play the bowl game

AROB44
11-08-2023, 12:30 PM
No

This is the correct answer...

R2Dawg
11-08-2023, 01:06 PM
Leach would accept

Would Mullen accept or Jackie?

R2Dawg
11-08-2023, 01:10 PM
Yea keep the bowl streak alive. There will still be a new staff coming in. Might as well let the kids enjoy Birmingham or wherever.

ETA: plus, it would be good exposure for our coaching search. All the commentators would talk about is the possible coaches and/or the coach who has accepted to position but will start after bowl season. It?s a win/win for the program and the faintest of silver linings.

This is exactly why we should play. 3 years from now, no one will remember the bowl streak includes a few 3 & 5 win teams. Nobody mentions it now. Perfect for a coaching search for more PR and proving you can go to a bowl here and have some success (not that I'd call this year a success) but a bowl streak like we have is something that not many programs have done.

Santiago
11-08-2023, 01:16 PM
Is there any team higher than us on APR that we want to lose a few more games?

confucius say
11-08-2023, 01:25 PM
Would Mullen accept or Jackie?

Yes.
Mullen did in 2016

Quaoarsking
11-08-2023, 01:32 PM
I can't think of any team declining a bowl game outside of the COVID years

msudawg1200
11-08-2023, 02:27 PM
Is there any team higher than us on APR that we want to lose a few more games?

Northwestern, Wake Forest, Rice, and Boise State are all higher and look to have a good shot at 5 wins. It'd actually be better for them to win and knock out teams that might get to 6-6 like Illinois, Syracuse, FAU, etc.
Here are some teams to root against: that could get to 6-6:
Virginia Tech, Syracuse, Maryland, Illinois, FAU, Navy, South Alabama, Marshall, Arky Stare, App St, ULL, Western Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Northern Illinois, Houston, BYU, TCU, Texas Texh, SD State, Colorado St, Utah St, San Jose St, Washington St, Colorado, and Florida.
I understand some of these teams play one another and some will get to 6-6. Either SD State or Colorado St falls out this week because they are both 3-6 and play each other. I'm counting James Madison and Jax State as bowl eligible because they get picked first if not enough teams qualify. There are 82 slots. Giving the four teams above us in APR slots, and looking at schedules I see at most 82-83 teams getting eligible. That's not happening. Not all of those teams I listed are going to get to six wins. If just one falls out we are the next team. I think it's a pretty good chance we get a bowl at 5-7.

HancockCountyDog
11-08-2023, 02:38 PM
My only concern is that CZA could keep his job through the bowl game and with an early signing period, I don't want to risk signing a bunch of Jucos in December.

I also want to at least take a shot at a new coach trying to land a few of the in-state kids. I really despise punting on a really talented in state class.

C&DDAWG32
11-08-2023, 02:39 PM
Don't we get paid to play in bowl games? Who gives a crap what bowl it is, why wouldn't we want the money? Ya'll talk like we broke. Better make that money when we can.

Really Clark?
11-08-2023, 02:53 PM
Northwestern, Wake Forest, Rice, and Boise State are all higher and look to have a good shot at 5 wins. It'd actually be better for them to win and knock out teams that might get to 6-6 like Illinois, Syracuse, FAU, etc.
Virginia Tech, Syracuse, Maryland, Illinois, FAU, Navy, South Alabama, Marshall, Arky Stare, App St, ULL, Western Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Northern Illinois, Houston, BYU, TCU, Texas Texh, SD State, Colorado St, Utah St, San Jose St, Washington St, Colorado, and Florida.
I understand some of these teams play one another and some will get to 6-6. Either SD State or Colorado St falls out this week because they are both 3-6 and play each other. I'm counting James Madison and Jax State as bowl eligible because they get picked first if not enough teams qualify. There are 82 slots. Giving the four teams above us in APR slots, and looking at schedules I see at most 82-83 teams getting eligible. That's not happening. Not all of those teams I listed are going to get to six wins. If just one falls out we are the next team. I think it's a pretty good chance we get a bowl at 5-7.

James Madison and Jxn St are not eligible.

msudawg1200
11-08-2023, 03:28 PM
James Madison and Jxn St are not eligible.

Yes they are if there are not enough 6 win teams, and there's not going to be. I factored that into my count.

Really Clark?
11-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Yes they are if there are not enough 6 win teams, and there's not going to be. I factored that into my count.

No they are not. You have to be in D1 for 2 years before you can be bowl eligible. JMU is trying to get an exception for this year, their second in D1, but right now they haven't received that from the NCAA. Jxn St won't get in no matter what, this is there first year in D1

confucius say
11-08-2023, 04:43 PM
No they are not. You have to be in D1 for 2 years before you can be bowl eligible. JMU is trying to get an exception for this year, their second in D1, but right now they haven't received that from the NCAA. Jxn St won't get in no matter what, this is there first year in D1

I think that doesn't apply if there are not enough 6-6 teams. That's what the athletic article says at least

msudawg1200
11-08-2023, 05:00 PM
Her you go smartass
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nfl/college-football-2023-james-madison-dukes-unbeaten-but-cant-win-championship-ineligible-for-bowl-game-reason-why-explained-latest-news/news-story/934e57754ed7bd25e47ce4ccdca72014
https://sports.yahoo.com/james-madison-writes-ncaa-a-letter-asking-for-9-0-dukes-to-be-fully-bowl-eligible-155607355.html
Which is what I stated in my post if there are not enough 6 win teams. I know how College Football works.

Really Clark?
11-08-2023, 05:30 PM
Her you go smartass
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nfl/college-football-2023-james-madison-dukes-unbeaten-but-cant-win-championship-ineligible-for-bowl-game-reason-why-explained-latest-news/news-story/934e57754ed7bd25e47ce4ccdca72014
https://sports.yahoo.com/james-madison-writes-ncaa-a-letter-asking-for-9-0-dukes-to-be-fully-bowl-eligible-155607355.html
Which is what I stated in my post if there are not enough 6 win teams. I know how College Football works.

I wasn't being a smart ass at all. But I can be dipshit. That article is about them writing a letter to be bowl eligible this year, the NCAA still has not approved it. They are not in right now, like I said. They did the same thing last year but the NCAA ruled against them and let a 5-7 Rice team into the bowls. So no, as it's stands right now, neither JMU or Jxn St have the ability to be in the bowls this year and a 5-7 can be put in ahead of them, It happened just last year. Until the NCAA changes their previous rulings, they are not in. So obviously you don't know the rules.

Really Clark?
11-08-2023, 05:31 PM
I think that doesn't apply if there are not enough 6-6 teams. That's what the athletic article says at least

They have to get a waiver from the NCAA, they tried that last year and the NCAA denied them and put in Rice who was 5-7. In fact Rice got in over a 6-6 team because 2 of that schools wins were against FCS schools.

ETA, you are right on JMU but Jxn St still can't get in.

Todd4State
11-08-2023, 05:33 PM
They have to get a waiver from the NCAA, they tried that last year and the NCAA denied them and put in Rice who was 5-7. In fact Rice got in over a 6-6 team because 2 of that schools wins were against FCS schools.

One of which had Kevin Barbay as OC

Really Clark?
11-08-2023, 05:35 PM
One of which had Kevin Barbay as OC

It was App St, I had forget who.

msudawg1200
11-08-2023, 05:41 PM
I wasn't being a smart ass at all. But I can be dipshit. That article is about them writing a letter to be bowl eligible this year, the NCAA still has not approved it. They are not in right now, like I said. They did the same thing last year but the NCAA ruled against them and let a 5-7 Rice team into the bowls. So no, as it's stands right now, neither JMU or Jxn St have the ability to be in the bowls this year and a 5-7 can be put in ahead of them, It happened just last year. Until the NCAA changes their previous rulings, they are not in. So obviously you don't know the rules.

https://web3.ncaa.org/lsdbi/search/bylawView?id=11780
So, we were both wrong. James Madison fits the criteria since it has one year left on it's probationary period. Jax State does not since it is in transition year 1. That's why Rice got in over JMU last year, but since they are in their 2nd year of transition they fit the rules like a 5-7 team. They would get a leftover bowl if they don't get the waiver. The waiver is for a big bowl. You were wrong on JMU. I was wrong on Jax State. I apologize for the smartass comment.

Really Clark?
11-08-2023, 05:51 PM
https://web3.ncaa.org/lsdbi/search/bylawView?id=11780
So, we were both wrong. James Madison fits the criteria since it has one year left on it's probationary period. Jax State does not since it is in transition year 1. That's why Rice got in over JMU last year, but since they are in their 2nd year of transition they fit the rules like a 5-7 team. They would get a leftover bowl if they don't get the waiver. The waiver is for a big bowl. You were wrong on JMU. I was wrong on Jax State. I apologize for the smartass comment.

Ok, there you go. A waiver for a bigger bowl, that makes sense. So we are 50/50. Lol

No problem, sorry for the dipshit comment.

msudawg1200
11-08-2023, 06:03 PM
Ok, there you go. A waiver for a bigger bowl, that makes sense. So we are 50/50. Lol

No problem, sorry for the dipshit comment.

Brett McMurphy actually has Jax State projected to the Mobile Bowl. Now, I usually don't put stock in many of these moronic bowl projections. Me and you probably know the bowl tie ins and rules better, but McMurphy seems to know his stuff. I guess he thinks they get a waiver. He also has us in the Birmingham vs Northwestern and us favored by 3. That game would probably end up 2-0.

Really Clark?
11-08-2023, 06:13 PM
Brett McMurphy actually has Jax State projected to the Mobile Bowl. Now, I usually don't put stock in many of these moronic bowl projections. Me and you probably know the bowl tie ins and rules better, but McMurphy seems to know his stuff. I guess he thinks they get a waiver. He also has us in the Birmingham vs Northwestern and us favored by 3. That game would probably end up 2-0.

He may be hearing something that the NCAA might if there are too many not eligible. It's the NCAA, who knows.

That would be a craptastic bowl...I'd still go; but damn.

Jack Lambert
11-08-2023, 10:18 PM
Covid year we went with two wins I think and in 2017 we went with five wins.

Quaoarsking
11-08-2023, 10:36 PM
Covid year we went with two wins I think and in 2017 we went with five wins.

It was 2016 we went 5-7 and got the last bowl bid. Then in 2020 we went at 3-7, though that was with an SEC only schedule, so arguably less of a stretch than 2016.

Quaoarsking
11-08-2023, 11:58 PM
When teams get bowls at 5-7, they just kinda get thrown in wherever, regardless of tie-ins. Back in 2016, we ended up in St. Petersburg to play a 6-6 MAC team despite the SEC not having that tie-in.

Maybe we could get ourselves into the Barstool bowl to extend our relationship as an athletic department.

confucius say
11-14-2023, 12:08 PM

Any update? I would actually like to play in a bowl still.

CaptainObvious
11-14-2023, 12:15 PM
Knox is undefeated! We are going to a bowl at 6-6!

msudawg1200
11-14-2023, 12:25 PM
Any update? I would actually like to play in a bowl still.

There's a chance. We need some of the fringe teams at 5-5,4-6 to not get eligible. Teams to pull against or for:
ACC-Syracuse to win out against GT and Wake
BIG 10-Nebraska and Illinois to lose out
BIG XII-BYU to lose out, UCF to lose out
SEC-Florida to lose out, SC to not win out
PAC 12-Cal, Wazzu, or Colorado not to win out
AAC-Navy not to win out, USF lose out,
Sun Belt- one or two of USA, Marshall, or Arky State to lose out
MAC-EMU,CMU,WMU, NIU to not win out
MWC-Colorado St to not win out

Now, we don't need all of this to happen. If just a few happen we can get in. Mainly we need Nebraska, BYU, Florida and SC not get to 5 wins, and one or two of the MAC schools, and maybe Navy or USF not get bowl eligble.. That should get us in at 5-7.

R2Dawg
11-14-2023, 12:37 PM
I think it would be a positive for us to go to a bowl even at 5-7. We need something positive heading into signing period, and spring to attract and keep a few players. 14 straight bowls is something too even though a little smoke and mirrors, but we'll take it. In today's world, perception is everything just ask OM the king of perception.

confucius say
11-14-2023, 01:02 PM
There's a chance. We need some of the fringe teams at 5-5,4-6 to not get eligible. Teams to pull against or for:
ACC-Syracuse to win out against GT and Wake
BIG 10-Nebraska and Illinois to lose out
BIG XII-BYU to lose out, UCF to lose out
SEC-Florida to lose out, SC to not win out
PAC 12-Cal, Wazzu, or Colorado not to win out
AAC-Navy not to win out, USF lose out,
Sun Belt- one or two of USA, Marshall, or Arky State to lose out
MAC-EMU,CMU,WMU, NIU to not win out
MWC-Colorado St to not win out

Now, we don't need all of this to happen. If just a few happen we can get in. Mainly we need Nebraska, BYU, Florida and SC not get to 5 wins, and one or two of the MAC schools, and maybe Navy or USF not get bowl eligble.. That should get us in at 5-7.

So Nebraska, byu, Florida, and SC are ahead of us in APR? Is that why we don't need them to get to 5 wins? I think some are already at 5 wins.

Coursesuper
11-14-2023, 01:21 PM
So Nebraska, byu, Florida, and SC are ahead of us in APR? Is that why we don't need them to get to 5 wins? I think some are already at 5 wins.

Fla is 5-5 with at Mizzu and hosting FSU. USCe is 4-6 with KY and Clemson at home. Nebraska is 5-5 with at Wisconsin and home with Iowa to finish. BYU is 5-5 hosting OU and finishing at OSU.

Saltydog
11-14-2023, 01:41 PM
I don't think Stoops would allow us to play in one at 5-7*****

parabrave
11-14-2023, 03:04 PM
I don't think Stoops would allow us to play in one at 5-7*****

Greg wants to be 2-0 in MSU bowl games.

Coursesuper
11-14-2023, 03:10 PM
Aw hell, I'd go to Birmingham.

msudawg1200
11-14-2023, 03:59 PM

We are ahead of them in APR. We don't need them to get to 6 wins. I messed up my original posts by saying 5.

Lord McBuckethead
11-14-2023, 04:20 PM
If we have a coach in place by then, yep. If we don't, yep. Always take the bowl game.

CaptainObvious
11-14-2023, 04:34 PM
The program will save money going to Birmingham. Have players parents drive them over and back on game day. Nice short trip for the fans too. Alumni party stone Sheraton next to the Stadium. Bulldog Club Event at Top Golf. Parade at 5 Points South. Perfect.

confucius say
11-14-2023, 05:15 PM
We are ahead of them in APR. We don't need them to get to 6 wins. I messed up my original posts by saying 5.

Cool. Got it.

msudawg1200
11-14-2023, 05:45 PM
This is the path for a 5-7 bowl:
ACC -10 bowl teams but 9 would be nice. For 9 ACC bowl teams we need Syracuse to beat GT and Wake. GT and Wake will also most likely lose to UGA and Notre Dame which eliminates both of the Cuse beats both.
Big 10 -10 bowl teams or less. They could have as many as 11, but as few as 9. We need them at 10 or less. They have many teams at 5-5. WI, NW, and MN all have 5 wins and are better than us in APR. Therefore, we need Nebraska(at WI home to Iowa) and Illinois(at Iowa home to NW) to lose out and put them at 9.
Big XII-9 or less. BYU is 5-5. They have OU and at Okie St. They need to lose out. UCF and TT are both 5-5. They play at TT this week, so one is in. We need it to be TT, then we need Houston to lose to Okie St and win at UCF. That leaves 8. We can get by with 9 but no more.
PAC 12- They have 7 bowl teams. Colorado and Wazzu are 4-6 and play this week. One is out. The winner will have Washington or Utah. Winner most likely loses the next week. Cal is 4-6 and has at Stanford and at UCLA. Just lose one. We don't need one of these sneaking in.
SEC- 9 teams. Florida needs to lose at Mizzou and against FSU. SC needs to lose one of UK or Clemson at home.
Independents-1 team. ND is in. Army is 4-6 with Coastal Carolina and Navy left. Two of their wins are FCS teams, meaning the are really 4-6. Still need them to lose to CC just in case the NCAA granted them a waiver. I'll get to G5 in my next post.

msudawg1200
11-14-2023, 06:53 PM
Now, when looking at what we need on the G5 side of things, I'm counting JMU and Jax St as getting in because they are.
American- no more than 7. The AAC could have as many as 8(highly unlikely) and as few as four. The fringe teams are USF at 5-5 with at UTSA and home to Charlotte. Navy is 4-5. They have ECU, SMU, and Army. We need 1-2. Rice is 4-6, but has us in APR, so 5 for them beats us. They have at Charlotte and FAU at home. Let them win. FAU is hanging by a thread. They just need to lose to Tulane or Rice.
Sun Belt- 10 or less. They could have 11 or as few as 8. SAla and Marshall are 5-5 and play this week, so one is in. We need it to be SAl.Marshall then plays Ark State the next week. Ark State has Tex St this week. They need to lose, so that only one of them and Marshall get a bid. ULL is 5-5 but finished at home with ULM. They are probably in.
MAC- no more than 6. MACtion could have as many as 7 or few as 4. Four are in. CMU, EMU, and WMU/NIU all have a shot. WMU/NIU play tonight. Both are 4-6. Loser is out. Winner has to win next week. I'd rather WMU because they have BGSU next week. NIU has Kent. CMU is 5-5 and has to beat Ohio or Toledo. Not easy and we need them to lose both. EMU is 4-6 and has SloMo and mighty Akron tonight and at Buffalo next week. Lose one.
CUSA-4 is probably it no more or less and that's ok.
MWC They could have as many as 8 which is ok, but the fewer the better. Utah St, SJ State, and Boise are all 5-5. Boise has us in APR so it doesn't matter what they do. Utah St has Boise and New Mexico. They need to lose out but likely aren't. SJSU has SDSU and UNLV. They need to lose out, but like USU likely aren't and that's ok. Colorado St is 4-6 and has to beat Nevada at home(likely), and Hawaii on the road(iffier than you'd think) to get eligible. Lose one, but them winning doesn't kill us.

All this said here's what we need from each conference:
ACC-10 teams
Big 10-10 teams
SEC-9 teams
Big XII-9 teams
PAC 12-7 teams
Independents-1 team
AAC-7 teams
Sun Belt-10 teams
CUSA-4 teams
MAC-6 teams
MWC-8 teams
That's 81 teams, and we'd be 82. All that I typed above doesn't ALL have to happen just some of it. I just gave you a guide of who to pull for to be safe. Of course, we have to at least beat USM or it doesn't matter.

confucius say
11-14-2023, 07:53 PM
Cliff notes: what percent chance we get a bowl with a 5-7 record? Like 50 or like 80?

msudawg1200
11-14-2023, 08:04 PM
Cliff notes: what percent chance we get a bowl with a 5-7 record? Like 50 or like 80?

Depends. Somewhere in between 30-70. I know that's a big gap. We'll know a lot more this weekend.

SailingDawg
11-15-2023, 01:59 AM
6-6

Will and Woody return to beat a Kiffenless O M.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-15-2023, 07:59 AM
Accept. Winners show up and play. Losers look for excuses not to play. We need to rebuild our culture. If there is a game at 2:00 AM played on a deserted island in the North Sea, and the field is littered in broken glass, winners show up and show out. Losers make excuses.

msudawg1200
11-15-2023, 02:24 PM
CBS(Jerry Palm) and the Athletic both have us projected to the Liberty at 5-7. EMU beat the Fightin' Moorhead's last night and NIU beat WMU. We'd rather the results have been reversed, but as of right now doesn't affect much. We do need CMU to lose to Ohio tonight. JMU and Jax State are supposed to hear from the NCAA about their waiver request this afternoon. If they rule against I'd say our bowl chances at 5-7 shoot up from 40% to 80%.

Goldendawg
11-15-2023, 03:40 PM
I have never liked the idea of a team with a losing or even 6-6 record making a bowl, but the vast number of bowls today changed all that with so many teams needed to fill them. That said, we really need to go this year even at 5-7 for more practice sessons for our young players. Long shot, but maybe our new coach could/would be available for this. A successful HC hire's coach might coach his current team's bowl or they might want him to go ahead and cut ties as they move forward.

msudawg1200
11-16-2023, 06:04 AM
Central Michigan lost which is good for us. Also, JMU and Jax State were denied their bowl waiver. However, if there are not enough 6 win teams they get picked first, so it doesn't help us.

CaptainObvious
11-18-2023, 09:18 PM
Was anybody ahead of or even with us eliminated from contention today?

msudawg1200
11-18-2023, 09:56 PM
Not really. We really need both Central and Eastern Michigan to lose next week, and both will most likely be underdogs(CMU vs Toledo and EMU at Buffalo). We need Nebraska to lose to Wisconsin(currently down 17-14) and next week at Iowa. We need Illinois to lose to NW. UCF needs to lose to Houston, while BYU needed to lose at Okie Lite. TCU needs to lose at OU. Florida needs to continue to lose to Missouri and against FSU next week. SC needs to lose to either UK(down 14-10) or Clemson next week. Wazzu needs to lose to Washington. Cal needs to lose at UCLA. USF needs to lose to Charlotte. Marshall needs to lose to Ark St. Colorado State needs to lose at Hawaii. Utah State needs to lose at New Mexico. SJSU needs to lose to SDSU and at UNLV. Now, we don't need all of that to happen. Most likely just half of it. If all of that happens we are in easily. So, there's your rooting guide in case we lose Thursday night.

Commercecomet24
11-18-2023, 09:59 PM
Not really. We really need both Central and Eastern Michigan to lose next week, and both will most likely be underdogs(CMU vs Toledo and EMU at Buffalo). We need Nebraska to lose to Wisconsin(currently down 17-14) and next week at Iowa. We need Illinois to lose to NW. UCF needs to lose to Houston, while BYU needed to lose at Okie Lite. TCU needs to lose at OU. Florida needs to continue to lose to Missouri and against FSU next week. SC needs to lose to either UK(down 14-10) or Clemson next week. Wazzu needs to lose to Washington. Cal needs to lose at UCLA. USF needs to lose to Charlotte. Marshall needs to lose to Ark St. Colorado State needs to lose at Hawaii. Utah State needs to lose at New Mexico. SJSU needs to lose to SDSU and at UNLV. Now, we don't need all of that to happen. Most likely just half of it. If all of that happens we are in easily. So, there's your rooting guide in case we lose Thursday night.

Dude do you have a massive headache right now? That stuff looks like some of the formulas they pulled off the crashed ufos at Roswell lol!

msudawg1200
11-18-2023, 10:54 PM
I enjoy this stuff. Keeps my mind going. Mizzou needs to hang on against Florida. It looked like I Syracuse was done against GT, but they've fought back. If they win that'd knock an ACC team out which would be huge. Wisconsin beating Nebraska was huge. Also, root for Virginia to be VA Tech. That'd knock another team out. As well as, ULM to beat ULL.

Commercecomet24
11-18-2023, 11:03 PM
I enjoy this stuff. Keeps my mind going. Mizzou needs to hang on against Florida. It looked like I Syracuse was done against GT, but they've fought back. If they win that'd knock an ACC team out which would be huge. Wisconsin beating Nebraska was huge. Also, root for Virginia to be VA Tech. That'd knock another team out. As well as, ULM to beat ULL.

Appreciate it man! I hope you keep this updated because my old brain would short circuit trying to figure all this out!