11-07-2023, 11:30 PM
1. Mullen
2. Malzahn
3. Art Briles
4. Rich Rod

Sheesh

DownwardDawg
11-07-2023, 11:33 PM
I tend to agree, but how do you know that?

HoopsDawg
11-07-2023, 11:40 PM
I tend to agree, but how do you know that?

Common sense. And years of following college football. Not to mention Selmon isn't going to make one of those guys his first ever hire.

defiantdog
11-08-2023, 01:27 AM
It could be a little Frosty though

DesotoDog1967
11-08-2023, 06:26 AM
So Selmon will go back to his Oklahoma roots and take XFL champ Bob Stoops and put him back in the college ranks?

BigDawg81
11-08-2023, 06:39 AM
At least 4 championship coaches are available
Coach O
Gene Chizik
Bob Stoops
Urban Meyer
Just saying

Pancho
11-08-2023, 07:33 AM
scratch O off. He ain't coming, too many lawsuits await if he get out from under the LSU umbrella now.

DownwardDawg
11-08-2023, 07:46 AM
scratch O off. He ain't coming, too many lawsuits await if he get out from under the LSU umbrella now.

Nobody in their right mind is hiring O. He wouldn't even get an interview.

viverlibre
11-08-2023, 07:54 AM
1. Mullen
2. Malzahn
3. Art Briles
4. Rich Rod

Sheesh

Only those with the greatest of cognitive defects would think Art Briles is getting a major coaching job anywhere.

Offshore Dawg
11-08-2023, 09:09 AM
Wish in one hand, take a dump in the other.

Dawgology
11-08-2023, 09:10 AM
It could be a little Frosty though

Please no…didn’t that guy crash and burn a while back at Nebraska? That was bad.

StarkVegasSteve
11-08-2023, 09:13 AM
You are right on two of those guys, they will definitely not be the hire. The other two…..well lets just say Dan Mullen congratulating Tate Reeves last night and Bounds being fed Malzahn are not just happenstance.

HancockCountyDog
11-08-2023, 09:46 AM
I think the question i have right now is whether our fans want a good football coach or an exciting one.

I mentioned Jon Sumrall's name yesterday and people acted as if I was trying to hire Chizik just because he has a defensive background. The guy is just a good coach that has done a great job at Troy.

People forget that Arkansas had to hire Sam Pittman. Leach was not our first choice, we were extremely lucky to be able to hire him. If we want a true HC, who are the guys that make sense?

Really Clark?
11-08-2023, 10:04 AM
I think the question i have right now is whether our fans want a good football coach or an exciting one.

I mentioned Jon Sumrall's name yesterday and people acted as if I was trying to hire Chizik just because he has a defensive background. The guy is just a good coach that has done a great job at Troy.

People forget that Arkansas had to hire Sam Pittman. Leach was not our first choice, we were extremely lucky to be able to hire him. If we want a true HC, who are the guys that make sense?

I like Sumrall, think he has done a great job. Just want a couple more years experience and continue winning. The other concern is pulling from down at that level. Neil Brown was the hot name from Troy as well, much hotter than Kinne and others mentioned this year, and he had P5 experience as well. It's such a big jump to HC at this level. But I think he will be good

FISHDAWG
11-08-2023, 10:14 AM
Common sense. And years of following college football. Not to mention Selmon isn't going to make one of those guys his first ever hire.

I tend to agree but I also don't think he will take a chance on an inexperienced coordinator as his first hire... bottom line is nobody knows but speculation is entertaining with a season like this ... my guess is a HC from a G5 school

CaptainObvious
11-08-2023, 10:18 AM
The cigar boys will want Brad Peterson with C-34 as his Offensive Coordinator.

CoachT14
11-08-2023, 10:20 AM
I like Sumrall, think he has done a great job. Just want a couple more years experience and continue winning. The other concern is pulling from down at that level. Neil Brown was the hot name from Troy as well, much hotter than Kinne and others mentioned this year, and he had P5 experience as well. It's such a big jump to HC at this level. But I think he will be good

The Neal Brown WVU experience gives me a lot of pause with him. Plus his lack of good connections for an SEC coaching staff. He's been at Ole Miss with Luke (gross) and UK (blah). Sumrall has obviously been very successful at Troy. But that program has had a lot of coaches be successful there.

Really Clark?
11-08-2023, 10:26 AM
The Neal Brown WVU experience gives me a lot of pause with him. Plus his lack of good connections for an SEC coaching staff. He's been at Ole Miss with Luke (gross) and UK (blah). Sumrall has obviously been very successful at Troy. But that program has had a lot of coaches be successful there.

Larry Blakney built a very good program there. His last 4 years dipped down but he was successful there for 20 years and transitioned then from DII to all the way to DI over that time.

gtowndawg
11-08-2023, 10:44 AM
You are right on two of those guys, they will definitely not be the hire. The other two?..well lets just say Dan Mullen congratulating Tate Reeves last night and Bounds being fed Malzahn are not just happenstance.

Just to play along, if it was actually down to Mullen and Malzahn and I had to pick....I have no idea what I would do.

RiverCityDawg
11-08-2023, 10:47 AM
1. Mullen
2. Malzahn
3. Art Briles
4. Rich Rod

Sheesh

I can't figure out which is more unlikely...

Malzahn choosing to leave his current P5 gig in Florida to come to Starkville and rebuild Mississippi State, or Mississippi State choosing to hire Malzahn who couldn't develop a QB to save his life and has already been fired from an SECW school with more resources than us.

Both seem completely unlikely.

gtowndawg
11-08-2023, 11:01 AM
While we are at it, can we add #5. Bob Stoops to the list?

I mean it's a strong rumor on the other board :cool:

StarkVegasSteve
11-08-2023, 11:04 AM
Just to play along, if it was actually down to Mullen and Malzahn and I had to pick....I have no idea what I would do.

Oh I do not think they are the top two candidates. I do believe one if not both will interview for the job.

HoopsDawg
11-08-2023, 11:14 AM
I can't figure out which is more unlikely...

Malzahn choosing to leave his current P5 gig in Florida to come to Starkville and rebuild Mississippi State, or Mississippi State choosing to hire Malzahn who couldn't develop a QB to save his life and has already been fired from an SECW school with more resources than us.

Both seem completely unlikely.

You hit on something that I think is Very important, have to hire a coach who is great at developing QBs.

msstate7
11-08-2023, 12:54 PM
You hit on something that I think is Very important, have to hire a coach who is great at developing QBs.

Clawson. I'm holding out hope

confucius say
11-08-2023, 01:06 PM
See if elko is happy at duke