PDA

View Full Version : Is it weird to anyone else that local radio is basically treating our job as open?

civildawg
11-07-2023, 05:50 PM
I've never heard all the local radio talking heads basically talking about perspective coaching candidates like our job is already open. I mean I know it's a fore gone conclusion but even Wyatt was talking about potential candidates

StarkVegasSteve
11-07-2023, 05:52 PM
It is either talk about that or just do not talk about Mississippi State. That is the only interesting and worthwhile thing happening with our football program.

MafiaDawg
11-07-2023, 05:55 PM
No it?s not weird. It?s open.

Coursesuper
11-07-2023, 05:59 PM
I've never heard all the local radio talking heads basically talking about perspective coaching candidates like our job is already open. I mean I know it's a fore gone conclusion but even Wyatt was talking about potential candidates

Well, there is a reason for this, it is over for this staff. The Administration was put in a corner when CML passed and made the best decision they could at the time, or so they thought. But they structured a deal that was easy to get out of it blew up. It blew up and here we sit. Hind sight is 20/20 and we can wish it turned out better. But sometimes folks listen to the wrong people and you 17 around and find out. We are in the find out stage right now.

parabrave
11-07-2023, 06:07 PM
I still think they hired Arnett with both parties fully knowing that this was a 1 year deal till they find a replacement which they probably already have/

Activated Alpha
11-07-2023, 06:29 PM
Seems like everyone is on board. Just waiting C34 and Homedawg before we depart

Really Clark?
11-07-2023, 06:32 PM
I still think they hired Arnett with both parties fully knowing that this was a 1 year deal till they find a replacement which they probably already have/

If Arnett had won more games he would be our coach next year. The contract was very team friendly but there was no 1 year only handshake deal a year ago.

Really Clark?
11-07-2023, 06:33 PM
Seems like everyone is on board. Just waiting C34 and Homedawg before we depart

Homedawg is there he just won't post where he's at and who we are looking at until later.

Activated Alpha
11-07-2023, 06:34 PM
Homedawg is there he just won't post where he's at and who we are looking at until later.

Well that's good that he has his eyes open. Eager to hear his input and any info as to a coaching search

msudawg1200
11-07-2023, 06:40 PM

Why would Arnett agree to that? I know he would get some bigger money than that of a DC, but what else made it a benefit to him?

CoachT14
11-07-2023, 06:43 PM
Why would Arnett agree to that? I know he would get some bigger money than that of a DC, but what else made it a benefit to him?

I mean he didn?t have any leverage. I?m sure we basically said if you want the HC job, we are willing to give it to you. But here?s your contract. There?s no negotiation. Take it or leave it. And we will figure something else out.

TrapGame
11-07-2023, 06:44 PM
It's open. I don't think it's a secret.

Really Clark?
11-07-2023, 06:45 PM
Well that's good that he has his eyes open. Eager to hear his input and any info as to a coaching search

I think many assume what he thinks and believes because he busts on certain posters about our previous HC and the AR scheme over any other approach to their posting. He has been hard on a lot staffs over the years and blunt about it. But I said the other day, I doubt anyone on this board actually spent personal time with Coach Leach as much as Homedawg. Maybe a couple at most.

DesotoDog1967
11-07-2023, 07:33 PM
They are probably talking about a new coach because talking about the product on the field drives away listeners

Activated Alpha
11-07-2023, 07:53 PM
I think many assume what he thinks and believes because he busts on certain posters about our previous HC and the AR scheme over any other approach to their posting. He has been hard on a lot staffs over the years and blunt about it. But I said the other day, I doubt anyone on this board actually spent personal time with Coach Leach as much as Homedawg. Maybe a couple at most.

Oh I never for a second thought Homedawg thought anything negative of Coach Leach. I don't even consider him to "tote the water" for this current staff like C34 since everyone is giving him so much shit. Just dawging on homedawg since he hasn't really shared much on this current staff.

R2Dawg
11-07-2023, 08:26 PM
Us needing a change is obvious to anyone. There is nothing else to talk about when it comes to MSU right now. 5 coaches in 8 years, we really need to stabilize the program. We been on the skid since Mullen left.

Coach34
11-07-2023, 08:43 PM
I supported what we embarked on.

As long we dont hire a coach that throws it 50 times- I'll support the next guy

BuckyIsAB****
11-07-2023, 09:32 PM

Finally

Activated Alpha
11-07-2023, 09:49 PM

Feels like the whole family is getting back together again....brings a tear to me eyes

CaptainObvious
11-07-2023, 11:31 PM

So, if we hire a 45 passes per game coach you are all in?