PDA

View Full Version : My top 5 choices, in order

preachermatt83
11-07-2023, 02:56 PM
I?m not saying any of these would come or that we would hire any of them. But of the even halfway realistic names I?ve hear mentioned this was be my top 5 thus far, in order.

1) PJ Fleck
2) GJ Kinne
3) Clay Helton
4) Tom Herman
5) Bobby Petrino

PCHSDawg
11-07-2023, 03:04 PM
What? No Bob Stoops? SPS is all over us hiring him.:rolleyes:;)

Really Clark?
11-07-2023, 03:08 PM
Fleck's new contract would put us having to pay $9 MIL per year to just match what's left on his deal with Minn. His buyout is $7 MIL. He's not worth $10+ MIL per year. Good coach but not for that amount of money.

I like Helton and Herman. I would like Kinne further in his career, he's never run a program or even a unit for more than a year.

preachermatt83
11-07-2023, 03:13 PM
What? No Bob Stoops? SPS is all over us hiring him.:rolleyes:;)

Ppl are absolutely irrational.

preachermatt83
11-07-2023, 03:14 PM
Fleck's new contract would put us having to pay $9 MIL per year to just match what's left on his deal with Minn. His buyout is $7 MIL. He's not worth $10+ MIL per year. Good coach but not for that amount of money.

I like Helton and Herman. I would like Kinne further in his career, he's never run a program or even a unit for more than a year.
I think he’s def the least likely to be able to grab. I do t think it’s completely out of the realm of possibility though. And I’d sure love to have him.

preachermatt83
11-07-2023, 03:16 PM

The saving grace would be, his buyout is not overwhelming. I think we could afford 9mil+ a year better than we could 6 mil plus a buyout of 17+ million up front.

preachermatt83
11-07-2023, 03:16 PM
At the end of the day any of those 5 would be exciting to me

TrapGame
11-07-2023, 03:23 PM
My Retread List is as follows:

#1. Malzahn
#2. Petrino
#3. Rich Rod

We get any one of those and we'll be okay. 8-4 will pretty much be the ceiling.

My Top Choices are:

#1. Tom Herman
#2. Jamey Chadwell
#3. Jedd Fisch
#4. Jon Sumrall

Sumrall is a maybe b/c he's a defensive guy but he's doing a fantastic job at Troy.

KB21
11-07-2023, 03:25 PM
Gary Joe Kinne
Alex Golesh
Sean Lewis
Tom Herman
Clay Helton

HancockCountyDog
11-07-2023, 03:43 PM
I hope Sumrall gets a hard look. I know he is a defensive head coach, but he has done a great job at Troy.

Cooterpoot
11-07-2023, 03:44 PM
I?m not saying any of these would come or that we would hire any of them. But of the even halfway realistic names I?ve hear mentioned this was be my top 5 thus far, in order.

1) PJ Fleck
2) GJ Kinne
3) Clay Helton
4) Tom Herman
5) Bobby Petrino

Dam glad you're not the AD! LOL

Cooterpoot
11-07-2023, 03:45 PM
I hope Sumrall gets a hard look. I know he is a defensive head coach, but he has done a great job at Troy.

Uh, nope

Cooterpoot
11-07-2023, 03:46 PM
Yall going to be a little surprised if the priority names come out.

msstate7
11-07-2023, 03:49 PM

You the new John Cohen selling big and end up delivering low?

TrapGame
11-07-2023, 03:58 PM

I don't being pleasantly surprised.

HancockCountyDog
11-07-2023, 03:59 PM
You the new John Cohen selling big and end up delivering low?

I'm sure its:

1) Dan Lanning
2) Sark
3) Drinkwitz
4) Deboer
5) kiffin

I'm sure we will get one of our top 2 targets.

TrapGame
11-07-2023, 04:01 PM
Hey, Cooter without spilling the tea is it any coach named in this thread thus far?

confucius say
11-07-2023, 04:05 PM
Judd Fisch makes less than 3 million per year.
Arizona has less than 20k season ticket holders.

Never coached in the south minus a year stint as a GA at Florida under spurrier. But he can coach.

TrapGame
11-07-2023, 04:08 PM

Never coached in the south minus a year stint as a GA at Florida under spurrier. But he can coach.

He knows how to work the portal too.

DownwardDawg
11-07-2023, 04:22 PM

We poor old mittittippi tate. This is how we roll.

HancockCountyDog
11-07-2023, 04:24 PM

Would be a great hire.

gtowndawg
11-07-2023, 04:43 PM

Good surprised or bad surprised? Give us that much.

DownwardDawg
11-07-2023, 04:44 PM

Obviously good surprised if you read his other posts.

Really Clark?
11-07-2023, 04:47 PM

That honestly depends on the person but most would like where our heads at. It's preliminary search stuff though but we are doing our best to pull a really good fish from best pond possible. Maybe a lunker.

Turfdawg67
11-07-2023, 04:54 PM
That honestly depends on the person but most would like where our heads at. It's preliminary search stuff though but we are doing our best to pull a really good fish from best pond possible. Maybe a lunker.

My source says Saban wants to prove he can win with less talent and is considering it. I can't say my source, but his first name is Bert.

Really Clark?
11-07-2023, 05:04 PM
My source says Saban wants to prove he can win with less talent and is considering it. I can't say my source, but his first name is Bert.

Well now that that rumor is out of the bag, Kirby will be resigning as Georgia's coach for one last run with Saban as his DC here. It is a fluid situation and things can change but they want to win a national title at a place they say it can't be done.

preachermatt83
11-07-2023, 05:05 PM
Dam glad you're not the AD! LOL

Give us your list

gtowndawg
11-07-2023, 05:06 PM

I like the sounds of it, we're about to see what our new AD can do.

preachermatt83
11-07-2023, 05:07 PM
He knows how to work the portal too.

Very much so. I forgot about him or else he would have been #3 on my list.

dawgday166
11-07-2023, 05:08 PM
Well now that that rumor is out of the bag, Kirby will be resigning as Georgia's coach for one last run with Saban as his DC here. It is a fluid situation and things can change but they want to win a national title at a place they say it can't be done.

This I could get excited about.

dawgday166
11-07-2023, 05:10 PM
Give us your list

I don't like Fleck for down here. He from too far north. Don't wanna risk another coach coming down here and practicing indoors in August cause it's too hot.

SilentSteel16
11-07-2023, 05:13 PM
Rex Ryan was in Starkville today?. Just saying

Turfdawg67
11-07-2023, 05:14 PM

I'm hesitant, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt... but the leash will be short.

SilentSteel16
11-07-2023, 05:15 PM
Not sure why but he is a fairly large man. Haha

Really Clark?
11-07-2023, 05:20 PM
I'm hesitant, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt... but the leash will be short.

Well that's going to be part of the hang-up in getting them. The contract language that will allow us to get out from under them quickly if they tank. We CANT have some has-been coming to our program to just cash some checks. We expect and demand a title if we are going to pay them that kind of money.

3rdGen
11-07-2023, 06:18 PM
My Retread List is as follows:

#1. Malzahn
#2. Petrino
#3. Rich Rod

We get any one of those and we'll be okay. 8-4 will pretty much be the ceiling.

My Top Choices are:

#1. Tom Herman
#2. Jamey Chadwell
#3. Jedd Fisch
#4. Jon Sumrall

Sumrall is a maybe b/c he's a defensive guy but he's doing a fantastic job at Troy.

Please just stop with the Malzahn.......how time blurs the memory, dude had one good season and a few decent ones and where the heck did you pull Rich Rod from......would give Arnett and Barbe' the pass on one more year before them. I get they have experience, but Arnett just got a ass full of experience this year. Question is can he look at the program objectively and correct his deficiency.

I know everyone is mad at Arnett for underachieving mightily, but did we all really expect a well organized machine.....I been here long enough to know we were in trouble the day CML was gone. Arnett's biggest down fall will be if he doesn't fire whoever said to go get vandy backup qb as our backup qb......should have been fired the day they said it. Imagine for a second your sitting at a table with your buddies and somebody says man did you see where Mike Wright is leaving Vandy for the portal........we should get him for our back up.....hell we could even run a 2qb system..... This is where everyone at the table puts the beer down and ask you to leave. Don't nobody want to hear that mess.

Bottom line is if we don't N I L properly...we wont W I N much !

Somebody got to get it organized. Don't understand the lack of effort there and the lack of accuracy through the portal.

HoopsDawg
11-07-2023, 06:52 PM

The one guy we could beat.

Mjoelner34
11-07-2023, 07:19 PM
......I like Helton and Herman. I would like Kinne further in his career, he's never run a program or even a unit for more than a year.

Those are my top 3 with Lebby being #1 if we go coord. which I don't think we need to do.

Mjoelner34
11-07-2023, 07:22 PM

Jeremy Pruitt with Mike Bobo OC and Alex Grinch as DC.