PDA

View Full Version : TAMU, Arkie, Us and who else

redstickdawg
11-06-2023, 08:44 PM
will be looking for a new coach at the end of the year? Jimbo is walking dead as is Pittman, both teams have woefully underperformed certainly we have as well with Arnett. Would Arkie go after Malzahm? TAMU would try to throw money at a big name that we could only dream about. UF sick of Sunbelt Billy yet? USCe might be another that gets into the market, IDK? Other P5 schools in the region?

DesotoDog1967
11-06-2023, 08:47 PM
Lane to TAM?

msstate7
11-06-2023, 08:47 PM
Isn't jimbo's buyout still 70 million or so?

Really Clark?
11-06-2023, 08:51 PM
Isn't jimbo's buyout still 70 million or so?

Yeah, $75 MIL

Really Clark?
11-06-2023, 08:53 PM
I'm not sold that TAM or Ark are firing their coaches this year. Pitman triggered his bigger buyout with his win on Sat.

StarkVegasSteve
11-06-2023, 08:56 PM
Florida is probably going to be looking for a HC and AD

TrapGame
11-06-2023, 09:00 PM
I think everybody is safe this year. Next year is the hot seat for all of them. Even Beamer at South Carolina will be on the hot seat. That's why we need to strike the iron while it's hot. We could be one of the best openings in December. Next year will be a feeding frenzy.

Coach34
11-06-2023, 09:05 PM
I'm not sold that TAM or Ark are firing their coaches this year. Pitman triggered his bigger buyout with his win on Sat.

agree. Also agree Napier may get one more also

DownwardDawg
11-06-2023, 09:22 PM
Lane to TAM?

Nah. Florida

viverlibre
11-06-2023, 09:24 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Jimbo, Titman and Sunbelt Billy all get another year. If may be better for us to be in the market for a new coach this year rather than next.

TrapGame
11-06-2023, 09:25 PM
Nah. Florida

You almost made me spill my Jack and Coke.

A bidding war between A&M and Florida. Kiffin becomes the highest paid college football coach EVAH.

msstate7
11-06-2023, 09:29 PM
Yeah, $75 MIL

I'll be pretty shocked if aTm pays that

redstickdawg
11-06-2023, 09:42 PM
I'll be pretty shocked if aTm pays that

I wouldn't be totally surprised if TAMU pulled the trigger, as they are facing uta next year and they are not happy with Jimbo. Money is no object for them, bragging rights against the longhorns is more important than anything else.

DownwardDawg
11-06-2023, 09:43 PM
You almost made me spill my Jack and Coke.

A bidding war between A&M and Florida. Kiffin becomes the highest paid college football coach EVAH.

Hahaha!!

msstate7
11-06-2023, 09:50 PM
I wouldn't be totally surprised if TAMU pulled the trigger, as they are facing uta next year and they are not happy with Jimbo. Money is no object for them, bragging rights against the longhorns is more important than anything else.

75 million. That's a crap load of money. They could take 30 million and buy a super team in the portal

DownwardDawg
11-06-2023, 09:52 PM
75 million. That's a crap load of money. They could take 30 million and buy a super team in the portal

Haha! I see what you did there.

Homedawg
11-06-2023, 10:09 PM

I think Napier gets another year. You can't keep flipping coaches and expect to get recruits. And that's the name of the game. He gets one more for sure.

Really Clark?
11-06-2023, 10:17 PM
I think Napier gets another year. You can't keep flipping coaches and expect to get recruits. And that's the name of the game. He gets one more for sure.

Unless he gets naked with a shark...they seem to not like that at Florida. Hahaha

Homedawg
11-06-2023, 10:33 PM
Unless he gets naked with a shark...they seem to not like that at Florida. Hahaha

I'm hoping there's only one dumb enough for that.....

Maroonthirteen
11-06-2023, 11:03 PM

So you're saying.... Mississippi State will be looking for an AD too.*

Bothrops
11-06-2023, 11:19 PM
I think Pittman survives one more year. Napier will be in real trouble if he loses to LSU and Florida State, which is likely. I think the Jimbo situation will depend on who would be available for A&M as a replacement. Getting a successful coach is a guess for everyone, not just us. The difference is those schools have a much larger portal selection than we do. Same with recruiting.

Pancho
11-07-2023, 06:48 AM
spot on

StarkVegasSteve
11-07-2023, 07:58 AM
So you're saying.... Mississippi State will be looking for an AD too.*

Well hell according to some, Selmon is a worse AD than Templeton. I have no clue why that is, but I have seen it multiple places.

Bdawg
11-07-2023, 08:02 AM
I think everybody is safe this year. Next year is the hot seat for all of them. Even Beamer at South Carolina will be on the hot seat. That's why we need to strike the iron while it's hot. We could be one of the best openings in December. Next year will be a feeding frenzy.

This year is the best circumstances for us hiring a coach and must be done this year.

chef dixon
11-07-2023, 08:05 AM
Lane won't go to TAMU, he's got a history of talking shit about their program. Also probably not the best for tinder matching co-eds. Florida on the other hand

Offshore Dawg
11-07-2023, 08:17 AM
Whatever, dawgs will come in at the bottom of every list anyway.

BlackSailsDawg
11-07-2023, 09:17 AM
will be looking for a new coach at the end of the year? Jimbo is walking dead as is Pittman, both teams have woefully underperformed certainly we have as well with Arnett. Would Arkie go after Malzahm? TAMU would try to throw money at a big name that we could only dream about. UF sick of Sunbelt Billy yet? USCe might be another that gets into the market, IDK? Other P5 schools in the region?

Pittman is not being fired this year.

TAMU MAY fire Jimbo

defiantdog
11-07-2023, 10:06 AM
His buyout is significantly more than our renovation to the hump. Put that into perspective on how much someone is willing to pay just to get new coach that may or may not be as good.

PMDawg
11-07-2023, 10:17 AM
His buyout is significantly more than our renovation to the hump. Put that into perspective on how much someone is willing to pay just to get new coach that may or may not be as good.

While true, it is also true that it remains pretty darn high for the next several years. They are not in a good place either way it goes. So, I think there's a decent chance they move on now rather than let this atrocity continue to play out. You just can't pay someone that much money to be mediocre.

I wonder if the administration calls him in and tells him they have no confidence in him and he can either negotiate his buyout down and resign with some form of dignity, or he can stay to collect his money but they give him no cover, no support, no NIL money...basically cut his legs out from under him...and let him go down in flames over the next few years.

Really Clark?
11-07-2023, 10:25 AM
While true, it is also true that it remains pretty darn high for the next several years. They are not in a good place either way it goes. So, I think there's a decent chance they move on now rather than let this atrocity continue to play out. You just can't pay someone that much money to be mediocre.

I wonder if the administration calls him in and tells him they have no confidence in him and he can either negotiate his buyout down and resign with some form of dignity, or he can stay to collect his money but they give him no cover, no support, no NIL money...basically cut his legs out from under him...and let him go down in flames over the next few years.

He will elect option 2 and not think twice about it. It's a guaranteed contract, he has all the leverage.

PMDawg
11-07-2023, 10:26 AM
He will elect option 2 and not think twice about it. It's a guaranteed contract, he has all the leverage.

Probably. But boy would that be fun to watch!

PGHBulldogBG
11-07-2023, 10:26 AM
I expect Pittman to be fired unless Ark wins out. It?s not that unrealistic though for that to happen. I expect them to beat Auburn at home along with FIU. Missouri will be the toughest, but that one is at home. While I think Missouri is good, I still don?t put them as good as UGA, Bama, Ole Miss, Tennessee or LSU. Napier is going to be 6-5 heading into the FSU game which UF will win at home and save his job. Beamer?s success last season and quality recruiting will get him another year barring a home loss to Vandy. We will finish 5-7 and at that point we need to move on. State will definitely have a new coach. Arkansas and UF I think will depend on their final games, but I think they both win them. This is the year to get a quality coach that is ready to jump because next year will definitely be more teams looking.

Johnson85
11-07-2023, 10:48 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Jimbo, Titman and Sunbelt Billy all get another year. If may be better for us to be in the market for a new coach this year rather than next.

I think Jimbo gets another year. His record isn't great, particularly considering what they spend on talent, but he hasn't had a terrible loss. 48-33 against Miami is probably the worst one. Lost by 6 to Bama, 7 to UT, and 3 to UM. He's going to finish at worst 7-5 with the only "unforgiveable" loss being Miami. If he had a normal buyout, certainly that would get him fired at this point, but he doesn't have a normal buyout.

Pittman I have no clue what Arkansas's patience is. I think going 9 wins, 7 wins, 5 wins would presumably keep him safe? Trend looks awful but that's still a 7 win average. But if he only gets to 4 wins? I would assume they'll at least be putting out some feelers.

Billy is the most questionable one. If he loses out and finishes at 5-7 (a real possibility with his schedule), I think there will be a ton of pressure to fire him. But he's going to be owed something like $31.5M, with half of it due more or less immediately. Even if Lane's agent told him he'd be willing to come without a pay reaise, just a seven year contract, then UF is talking about paying $31.5M to Napier and committing $63M to Lane. I have no clue if that would give UF boosters cold feet or not. I think at 6-6 UF tells themselves that he's still cleaning up Mullen's mess and he needs one more year. At the very least that would reduce his buyout by another $7M and change.

State82
11-08-2023, 09:30 AM

Me either. I mean, 75 million? Just cannot see them doing that.

WPS
11-08-2023, 10:25 AM
If Pittman goes 1-2 to end the season then he's probably gone, but there is still an outside shot at a bowl at 3-0. 2-1 then I'm not really sure honestly. But missing a bowl in year 4 definitely isn't a good look.

TrapGame
11-08-2023, 10:39 AM
If Florida fires Sunbelt Billy then Kiffin will go after the Florida job.

Really Clark?
11-08-2023, 10:48 AM

I'm not sold they will. $32 MIL buyout, half due within 30 days and no mitigation clause. Then the staff buyout. If he finishes with a losing record there will be calls to fire him for sure...just not sure they will.

Bubb Rubb
11-08-2023, 10:54 AM
Jimbo is probably not going anywhere with his buyout, even if A&M has more money than god.

Pittman may have saved his job with the Enos firing and the Florida win last week.

Bubb Rubb
11-08-2023, 10:55 AM

I don't see Florida moving on from him yet.

HancockCountyDog
11-08-2023, 11:46 AM
I don't see Florida moving on from him yet.

I could see his top 5 recruiting class saving his job.