PDA

View Full Version : A$M and their perpetual little brother syndrome

Maverick91
11-06-2023, 05:30 PM
Getting away from the Arnett debacle, he is gone we all know he is gone. Let?s discuss something else for a minute.

I have really been bothered by them as of late.

Their program states if note are below:

1. 604 win %
2. 3 conference titles. Last one being 2010
3. 3 clammed national titles last one being 1939.
4. 20-22 bowl record.
5. A CRAP load of money.

They have been a perennial mediocre team their entire existence, what makes them have all the love they receive? It?s it their all boys cheer squad?

The only thing I can think of is it is their money, they just have NEVER figured out how to spend it. Case in point their current head coaches salary.

What do you guys think?

parabrave
11-06-2023, 05:42 PM
I remember back in the early 70's when TAM won one game. They made a move about their visit to a local whorehouse run by Dolly.

DownwardDawg
11-06-2023, 06:46 PM
I remember back in the early 70's when TAM won one game. They made a move about their visit to a local whorehouse run by Dolly.

Haha!! I remember!!!

Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. With Bert Reynolds

defiantdog
11-06-2023, 06:52 PM
They should probably put more money into a qb

Maroonthirteen
11-06-2023, 07:05 PM
I don't get why they are put on pedestal either.

Back in the day, they were always over marched vs Texas. Smaller, slower. Jackie really did a good job with them.

Then fast forward to today. They are probably more talent, more successful than they've ever been and people act like they're down. No they're about as good as they'll get.

It has to be difficult to recruit to that weird school.

Maverick91
11-06-2023, 07:25 PM
I don't get why they are put on pedestal either.

Back in the day, they were always over marched vs Texas. Smaller, slower. Jackie really did a good job with them.

Then fast forward to today. They are probably more talent, more successful than they've ever been and people act like they're down. No they're about as good as they'll get.

It has to be difficult to recruit to that weird school.

I mean they are recruiting at a high level, I really just don’t think they know how to actually spend their money. The little brother mentality tells they have to go with the flashy instead of a solid coach. They just keep kicking themselves, they should be the most dangerous team with all the money they have.