PDA

View Full Version : If Selmon or anyone from the AD is reading

Quaoarsking
11-06-2023, 12:13 PM
You have to make the change today. Arnett has lost the team and the fanbase. This is the one thing that can reset and unite the program.

We all know that the last 3 games will be worse with Arnett here than with him gone. Please listen to the overwhelming majority of the fanbase on this one. There's no need to wait until after the Egg Bowl - in fact it's detrimental to the team, the fanbase, and the program if you so.

sandjunky
11-06-2023, 12:18 PM
There could be contractual language that could prevent a firing or make it more costly to fire in-season - idk 🤷*♂️

SteelCurtain74
11-06-2023, 12:22 PM
You have to make the change today. Arnett has lost the team and the fanbase. This is the one thing that can reset and unite the program.

We all know that the last 3 games will be worse with Arnett here than with him gone. Please listen to the overwhelming majority of the fanbase on this one. There's no need to wait until after the Egg Bowl - in fact it's detrimental to the team, the fanbase, and the program if you so.

I would hope our AD and the athletic department would have more things to do than read a message board during the day. If they are reading this during the middle of the day, we have bigger problems than an incompetent football coaching staff.

Quaoarsking
11-06-2023, 12:23 PM
There could be contractual language that could prevent a firing or make it more costly to fire in-season - idk 🤷*♂️

If so, pay it. It will cost more to keep him. We just can't have him running out the tunnel at Kyle Field Saturday.

Quaoarsking
11-06-2023, 12:32 PM
I would hope our AD and the athletic department would have more things to do than read a message board during the day. If they are reading this during the middle of the day, we have bigger problems than an incompetent football coaching staff.

I think they monitor the message boards. Not Selmon himself probably, but they know what the fans are saying here and at other boards.

R2Dawg
11-06-2023, 12:55 PM

There is no way at this point he can be back. 100% of fan base has been lost, well at least 99.99%. I saw Selmon Saturday and he was by himself before Dawg walk and he looked like there was a lot on his mind. His body language didn't look happy but pretty stressed.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-06-2023, 01:42 PM
I doubt Selmon has any decision making authority on Arnett.

Mjoelner34
11-06-2023, 01:58 PM
I doubt Selmon has any decision making authority on Arnett.

I always see this said about every AD and every coach we've ever thought about getting rid of. If its true, why the hell are we even wasting money on an AD?

Really Clark?
11-06-2023, 02:03 PM
I always see this said about every AD and every coach we've ever thought about getting rid of. If its true, why the hell are we even wasting money on an AD?

I mean it's not true but again he can't make a hire / fire without the approval of the president and needs the money and approval from others as well, especially in regards to buyouts. There is a process. There have been candidates brought to AD's before and they needed to go along with them because of other circumstances...Howland for example. But an AD is an integral part of the hiring process. With minor sports its nearly all on the AD.