PDA

View Full Version : Gene Chizik

slickdawg
04-22-2013, 02:42 PM
"It started out as a Mississippi State problem, but somehow over the course of 13 months, became an Auburn problem." Chizik on Cam Newton

BeastMan
04-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Shocker

Raytoraid83
04-22-2013, 04:07 PM
Looks like once again auburn is gonna get away with violations. Pathetic

Todd4State
04-22-2013, 04:25 PM
What a douche.

Willis
04-22-2013, 04:37 PM
Never could stand that smug dick with ears.

FISHDAWG
04-23-2013, 08:28 AM
E-60 has a new story about more problems at AU that's airing tonight

biscuit
04-23-2013, 08:31 AM
And, once again, Auburn will get away with it. As the old saying goes, Auburn cheated so bad that MSU got 3 years probation.

Spider-Man
04-23-2013, 08:39 AM
"It started out as a Mississippi State problem, but somehow over the course of 13 months, became an Auburn problem." Chizik on Cam Newton

I'm glad we waxed his ass this year. What a prick. People aren't dumbasses Gene. If Newton's father pimped his son out to MSU and signs with Auburn, what the hell do you think that means for the school he signed with?

FISHDAWG
04-23-2013, 08:48 AM
I get tired of hearing that again, the NCAA found nothing ... they did find something - they just didn't know how to deal with it

Coach34
04-23-2013, 08:51 AM
I'm glad we waxed his ass this year. What a prick. People aren't dumbasses Gene. If Newton's father pimped his son out to MSU and signs with Auburn, what the hell do you think that means for the school he signed with?

one of my favorite delusional responses from Auburn fans during the whole thing was "of course he wanted 180K to play for State- but didnt want money to have the privilege to play for Auburn"

Coach34
04-23-2013, 08:51 AM
I get tired of hearing that again, the NCAA found nothing ... they did find something - they just didn't know how to deal with it

very good point

HereComesTheSpiral
04-23-2013, 09:18 AM

Strangely, common sense is not very common, especially amongst the Auburn fan base. Bad way to put it since we didn't make an offer, but the situation is like getting a 100k offer from company A but turning it down to volunteer for company B. The logic makes zero sense.

Goat Holder
04-23-2013, 10:16 AM
I work and live amongst many many Auburn fans and alumni. I've gotten to see this whole deal unfold along side of them and obviously I have seen the MSU side. I honestly do not believe much of their anger was directed at MSU. Well, maybe the extremely ignorant ones (I once heard a young Auburn female student say to her friend, "Wow, this campus is nice, I really thought there would be cow patties everywhere"). Unfortunately, that type of ignorance does take up our air. But anyways, I feel like Auburn is a whipping boy themselves, just like us. Whole Ag school deal. I still don't like them, but that's just sort of the way I've seen it.

maroonmania
04-23-2013, 01:57 PM

Hey Gene, follow the logic, when you have signed a player that has been proven to have been shopped by his Father to other schools before YOU signed him it BECOMES your problem by default. At the very least the player should be declared ineligible, at least for some period of time, from collegiate competition and at most the school that signed him should be held accountable if there are any indications a payoff was made. I think its a pretty reasonable assumption that some payoff was made by Auburn but you can't penalize someone strictly on the fact you think a payoff was made.

Political Hack
04-23-2013, 06:21 PM
An Auburn guy that's fairly well connected told me that that he doesn't think they're going to skate on this one. He doesn't think it'll be crushing, but he does expect some punishment thrown their way. During Cam-gate he held the entire time that nothing would come of it... and he was right.