PDA

View Full Version : NIL has to come BEFORE Bulldog Club

cheewgumm
11-05-2023, 10:49 PM
That should be common sense, but needs to be said.

War Machine Dawg
11-06-2023, 03:13 AM
Why is Bulldog Club even still a thing? Ever since losing the tax write-off, it's been irrelevant. Not like we are getting anything for the money. Pouring every bit of BC money into NIL would go a long way towards making us competitive in that area.

Mjoelner34
11-06-2023, 07:46 AM
I agree but until they drop the seat prices and parking pass prices, 100% of my money stays with the BDC.

viverlibre
11-06-2023, 07:59 AM
Why is Bulldog Club even still a thing? Ever since losing the tax write-off, it's been irrelevant. Not like we are getting anything for the money. Pouring every bit of BC money into NIL would go a long way towards making us competitive in that area.

I'm sure there's several folks with nice cushy jobs in the BC, they'll fight hard to keep those.

Coursesuper
11-06-2023, 08:04 AM

Because that is who pays the majority of all of our coaches salaries.

Ezsoil
11-06-2023, 08:42 AM

The Bulldog Club funds almost everything that you don't see...such as the athlete's scholarship, their laptops, travel, nutrition programs, tutors, coaches salaries above the state pay ....the problem is with the hump renovation done there is no major opportunities to drive additional giving....Baseball is locked in revenue wise until 2030, Football might try to add some premium seating but they are maxed out ...renovations and reseating are the way large amounts of revenue are raised and we are limited on options.

Santiago
11-06-2023, 08:54 AM
I have heard some donors say they don't want to lose their points and priority through the BC.
Are we working on a points system through NIL? Logo for it on marketing, and where you can were it to games?
A fun one would be give "X" and you get the MSU interlocking or Flying M logo etc to indicate you give over an amount.

gtowndawg
11-06-2023, 09:12 AM
It's not a ton but I stopped giving last year to the Bulldog Club and only give to the NIL. I don't care about points anymore to be honest, it's not like it's hard to get tickets. If we don't build up NIL those tickets are going to get easier and easier to get anyway.

I do find it odd we painted "Bulldog Club" in the endzones this year as if they need to remain relevant or something?

Bubb Rubb
11-06-2023, 10:25 AM

This is so unintelligent.

Without the Bulldog Club we wouldn't have a program. It literally funds player scholarships. It literally funds large portions of coaching salaries.

OhGee
11-06-2023, 11:29 AM

Wrong. Universities need to fund. NIL

NIL exists because of al the money being made off college football. What sense does it make for the biggest money pipe (TV money to universities) to be banned from funding NIL?

Answer: NCAA rules. Who controls the NCAA? Universities, and the big universities are the most powerful ones. Who doesn't want smaller schools to leverage TV money to fund NIL? The big universities.

Imagine an NFL where player salaries only came from voluntary fan donations and commercials. Yeah the biggest players get mega money in commercials, but this would not fund all he rosters for the whole league. But this is imaginary situation is the bullshit that the NCAA has saddled itself with.

The NCAA needs to rip the bandaid off and go NFL model. Each school (team owner) gets to spend as it sees fit within the guidelines of a salary cap. That is the only way this has a good ending.

cheewgumm
11-06-2023, 02:16 PM
OhGee

Agree 100%!! You said it better than I can but I am in full agreement.

Regardless this is the current game, so we have to play or not.

Bubb - disagree.

No players means we stink and will have 10k fans at the game.

If we get the players and have big crowds and excitement, the other stuff will take care of itself.

You have to have players first or all that other stuff will fall apart.

Liverpooldawg
11-06-2023, 04:17 PM
The model we have now is the European soccer model when it comes to money. That has resulted in about 2-6 big clubs in every country being the only ones with a real shot at winning the big leagues. Even over there though, players are put on contract. If CLUB A wants to take club z's player, they have to wait till the contract is up or pay club z for the contract. There are small cubs that that is their business model. Find the good players and sell up.

Coursesuper
11-06-2023, 05:35 PM
Y?all need to put some time into reading up on House vs the NCAA. This is going to change the landscape of collegiate athletics once and for all.