PDA

View Full Version : Another post to make sure it gets the attention

Coach34
11-05-2023, 08:00 PM
NIL....The Portal

Here is what many of you arent understanding. Mississippi employs about 10 more people than we do in their athletic department that their job is strictly portal evals. They are spending more money hiring people doing portal evals and spending more money offering portal transfers- just like the rest of the SEC. You have to grasp where we are currently vs the rest of the SEC. We are cavemen right now in our football program because we dont have the money for infrastructure like other SEC programs.

Blame the coach all you want. Our program is in 2010 the rest of the SEC is in 2028

BuckyIsAB****
11-05-2023, 08:02 PM
The vast majority of portal players dont do shit. I will say this, Lane was smart enough to bring in a backup transfer QB and not let it ruin the entire locker room. I understand its hard to do that and be tuff

civildawg
11-05-2023, 08:05 PM
If the head coach wants more analysts for portal evals then he should hire them. I guarantee you if he would have asked for them at any point during the year we would have said yes, we have the money since we are only paying him 3 million.

Coach34
11-05-2023, 08:06 PM
If the head coach wants more analysts for portal evals then he should hire them. I guarantee you if he would have asked for them at any point during the year we would have said yes, we have the money since we are only paying him 3 million.

No- wasnt in our budget. We cant afford it

Coach34
11-05-2023, 08:07 PM
The vast majority of portal players dont do shit.

And it was at this point he proved he said dumb shit

BuckyIsAB****
11-05-2023, 08:07 PM
But we can afford to take buses to auburn to be TUFF

civildawg
11-05-2023, 08:09 PM
I don't believe he asked and if he did I don't believe our AD said no. You won't convince me unless I heard it straight out of the AD's mouth

Coach34
11-05-2023, 08:09 PM

cheaper than flying. Thanks for supporting my point about our lack of money

Coach34
11-05-2023, 08:11 PM
I don't believe he asked and if he did I don't believe our AD said no. You won't convince me unless I heard it straight out of the AD's mouth

Thats fine- but it's not a coincidence we are the only SEC team without a huge portal staff. Did Arnett fire the Leach portal staff??? Noooooo because it didnt exist...lmao

EdwardDrayton
11-05-2023, 08:11 PM
Well, me and mine have had way more fun at the Cowboys games this season and they don't have NIL. ****

Really Clark?
11-05-2023, 08:12 PM

No that's not correct. He can't just hire someone without approval from the AD and president. But beyond that you have a yearly budget for staff salary. You can negotiate for that each year and we did add some staff. But you are not going to pop up and get more staff just because you ask during the middle of the year.

BuckyIsAB****
11-05-2023, 08:13 PM
cheaper than flying. Thanks for supporting my point about our lack of money

Sure. We dont lack money. We just spent all ours on Tulu and Mike Wright. We dont lack ego either. We are LOADED with ego

BuckyIsAB****
11-05-2023, 08:14 PM
Thats fine- but it's not a coincidence we are the only SEC team without a huge portal staff. Did Arnett fire the Leach portal staff??? Noooooo because it didnt exist...lmao

I wish you would just come out and say it. Its ok.

Coach34
11-05-2023, 08:16 PM
Sure. We dont lack money. We just spent all ours on Tulu and Mike Wright. We dont lack ego either. We are LOADED with ego

Clueless. Mississippi paid more for a TE than we paid for Wright. That's why we ended up with Wright. We didnt have the money for something better.

Activated Alpha
11-05-2023, 08:16 PM
Goodness gracious 34, are you listening to yourself? At this point, we might as well regulate ourselves down to Sun Belt because we can't keep up with NIL. When will you ever start laying the blame at the feet of the ones running the show? You should be absolutely pissed off at the performance on the field and off the field, but you continue to sit on your hands. This is why so many people are giving you shit

Santiago
11-05-2023, 08:17 PM
By seeing this posted again, I assume these are the talking points this week for Rosebowl and Bo Bounds

Coach34
11-05-2023, 08:17 PM
I wish you would just come out and say it. Its ok.

What? That Leach didnt employ a portal staff like other SEC programs??? That we cant afford a portal staff of 10-15 people like the rest of the SEC? It's pretty obvious at this point

Coach34
11-05-2023, 08:19 PM
Goodness gracious 34, are you listening to yourself? At this point, we might as well regulate ourselves down to Sun Belt because we can't keep up with NIL.

If we dont grow we will be. 5 years from now Big College Football will be nothing like it is now. Things are moving fast

Activated Alpha
11-05-2023, 08:19 PM
It doesn't matter if we have the funds of Oregon, Michigan, Texas, Bama, and LSU combined. We could give Arnett and co a billion dollars to get who ever they want and it still won't change a damn thing. CZA is too inexperienced to run a program let alone a P5 SEC program

BuckyIsAB****
11-05-2023, 08:20 PM
What? That Leach didnt employ a portal staff like other SEC programs??? That we cant afford a portal staff of 10-15 people like the rest of the SEC? It's pretty obvious at this point

No. First I want you to apologize for playing stupid because you arent. Then I want you to admit this experiment was an absolute shit show from day one and that Leach was miles better than this garbage. And im not even talking about the AR. Piss on the AR. The culture was better everything was better.

BuckyIsAB****
11-05-2023, 08:21 PM
Clueless. Mississippi paid more for a TE than we paid for Wright. That's why we ended up with Wright. We didnt have the money for something better.

And they didnt let that TE ruin the entire locker room. What a novel concept

BlackSailsDawg
11-05-2023, 08:21 PM
No- wasnt in our budget. We cant afford it

You are sooooo full of SHIT. Everybody here can do math. We aren't paying this train wreck of a staff near as much as we were paying Leach alone.

Santiago
11-05-2023, 08:23 PM
Keenum could have just pulled the trigger quickly on Benko, and Benko would have had a good HC hire really fast. We would not have to be dismantling the program yet again. I almost wonder if there was this same group against Leach that held it against Benko.

sandjunky
11-05-2023, 08:23 PM
No. First I want you to apologize for playing stupid because you arent. Then I want you to admit this experiment was an absolute shit show from day one and that Leach was miles better than this garbage. And im not even talking about the AR. Piss on the AR. The culture was better everything was better.

CoachPullMuhnari34 apologize or be humble? Not a fcuking chance

Coach34
11-05-2023, 08:25 PM

Leach and his culture was fine. Never said differently. Loved Leach- hated his offense

BlackSailsDawg
11-05-2023, 08:25 PM
By seeing this posted again, I assume these are the talking points this week for Rosebowl and Bo Bounds

Rosey isn't even trying to defend this staff.

BuckyIsAB****
11-05-2023, 08:27 PM
Leach and his culture was fine. Never said differently. Loved Leach- hated his offense

Good. Now we have no offense and no culture.

Santiago
11-05-2023, 08:27 PM
Rosey isn't even trying to defend this staff.

Not anymore, but he ran some articles in previous weeks trying to prop it up.
Bo definitely toting the Peterson water bucket.

Really Clark?
11-05-2023, 08:30 PM
Keenum could have just pulled the trigger quickly on Benko, and Benko would have had a good HC hire really fast. We would not have to be dismantling the program yet again. I almost wonder if there was this same group against Leach that held it against Benko.

No. Absolutely not. As far as your idea that there was some group against Benko and they hated Leach. First off the only group that disliked Leach somewhat, not hate, would be those you would align with in a lot of ways in your thinking. And even then they supported the program. You have a picture painted in your head that doesn't match reality. Keenum had the power on the AD hire. I liked Benko too but there was no such power play over Benko because of Leach.

BlackSailsDawg
11-05-2023, 08:32 PM
Not anymore, but he ran some articles in previous weeks trying to prop it up.
Bo definitely toting the Peterson water bucket.

Bo, I don't listen to. We all know this staff is gone the week after the egg bowl. Just excited to see who.

Santiago
11-05-2023, 08:34 PM
No. Absolutely not. As far as your idea that there was some group against Benko and they hated Leach. First off the only group that disliked Leach somewhat, not hate, would be those you would align with in a lot of ways in your thinking. And even then they supported the program. You have a picture painted in your head that doesn't match reality. Keenum had the power on the AD hire. I liked Benko too but there was no such power play over Benko because of Leach.

"I wonder" is not really the same as having a Picasso painted in someone's head. And my post was just that about Keenum, and his dragging on the hire. Maybe Selmon works out perfectly. Tough situation all around and now hindsight, but promoting a DC with such little experience was a huge gamble.

gtowndawg
11-05-2023, 08:34 PM
Bring in a good staff and the NIL money will take off. Yes, I already give but I will increase it with competent coaching/coaches.

KOdawg1
11-05-2023, 08:43 PM
God bless Charlie Winfield.

We're behind still, but if it weren't for that man, we'd be screwed. Still are, but he's at least trying to keep us afloat.

gtowndawg
11-05-2023, 08:47 PM

We're behind still, but if it weren't for that man, we'd be screwed. Still are, but he's at least trying to keep us afloat.

It's defintley time to have a hard discussion about stop giving to the Bulldog Club and give to the NIL (or at least split it). I no longer give to the Bulldog Club but that's just my decision.

TrapGame
11-05-2023, 08:48 PM
What's Toledo's NIL? They're going to beat us by at least a touchdown next year if we keep Arnett. Shit, what's WMU's NIL? They were damn near beating us in the fourth quarter with a third string QB.

Coach34
11-05-2023, 08:54 PM

Agree 100%

Coach34
11-05-2023, 08:56 PM
Shit, what's WMU's NIL? They were damn near beating us in the fourth quarter with a third string QB.

We led in the 4th Q 38-21. No they didnt

Cooterpoot
11-05-2023, 08:59 PM
Those buckets of water won't be heavy much longer. 3 more games and you'll get some rest.

TrapGame
11-05-2023, 09:00 PM
We led in the 4th Q 38-21. No they didnt

LOL!! We were getting railed by a pitiful MAC team with a 3rd string QB. We won 41-28 and looked like DOG SHIT.

Homedawg
11-05-2023, 09:01 PM

We take buses to auburn bc by the time you get to the airport and get back and get picked up at gtr you're home. It might save 30 mins to fly. Maybe. But I doubt it bc you have to tsa check and all that crap. Makes no sense to fly there.

Homedawg
11-05-2023, 09:02 PM

This is a fact.

dawgday166
11-05-2023, 09:04 PM
So now the budget and NIL is an excuse. Funny thing is that Leach had all the same obstacles and then some. None of this was brought up to any extent back then. It was just that the AR sucked.

Leach ... He didn't say much. He just went and won 9 games, even with an AR that sucked.

Homedawg
11-05-2023, 09:06 PM

Fact is, we didn't have a lot of money last year in Nil. We did all we could..... at the time. And yes we didn't pay Wright that much.

Really Clark?
11-05-2023, 09:07 PM
So now the budget and NIL is an excuse. Funny thing is that Leach had all the same obstacles and then some. None of this was brought up to any extent back then. It was just that the AR sucked.

Leach ... He didn't say much. He just went and won 9 games, even with an AR that sucked.

Man I remember how bad our NIL was discussed a lot and for a long time now. While Leach was our coach as well.

Really Clark?
11-05-2023, 09:08 PM
Fact is, we didn't have a lot of money last year in Nil. We did all we could..... at the time. And yes we didn't pay Wright that much.

Where we are today compared to Jan...huge strides have been made.

War Machine Dawg
11-05-2023, 09:09 PM
It doesn't matter if we have the funds of Oregon, Michigan, Texas, Bama, and LSU combined. We could give Arnett and co a billion dollars to get who ever they want and it still won't change a damn thing. CZA is too inexperienced to run a program let alone a P5 SEC program

Pretty sure you ducked to intentionally miss C34's point.

Homedawg
11-05-2023, 09:12 PM
Where we are today compared to Jan...huge strides have been made.

Unbelievable strides

Homedawg
11-05-2023, 09:13 PM
Man I remember how bad our NIL was discussed a lot and for a long time now. While Leach was our coach as well.

Course leach was opposed to NIL and didn't help push it and that didn't help either.

dawgday166
11-05-2023, 09:14 PM

I'll agree but not in defense of Leach. And just yesterday Leach's recruiting sucked and this is all his fault.

And yet ... He had the same budget and NIL limitations and still managed to pull good players from the portal that were good contributors.

Really Clark?
11-05-2023, 09:19 PM
Course leach was opposed to NIL and didn't help push it and that didn't help either.

Well I wasn't gonna mention that and start another round of posts. Lol

Coach34
11-05-2023, 09:20 PM
And yet ... He had the same budget and NIL limitations and still managed to pull good players from the portal that were good contributors.

Tell me who?

BrunswickDawg
11-05-2023, 09:26 PM

He could have moved more quickly - but we had no perceived need. basketball hires were in first season, minor sports had no openings, no one was anticipating needing to make a football hire. We just happened to have the college athletics perfect shitstorm take place.

Goldendawg
11-05-2023, 09:28 PM

Maybe we also have some staff who do a poor job on portal evaluations. OM has some real TE's. We got Goede and Spivey who was enrolled at two schools. OM gets Harris from LA Tech and we get Freddie Robinson fro E Washington who can't even see the field. They get a couple of quality backup QB's who they haven't had to use. We get the vandy backup. We get some DB's who can't even see the field and our secondary is very bad. We may have a quantity problem with off the field staff, but a quality problem in doing this job also looks to be an issue.

Activated Alpha
11-05-2023, 09:29 PM
Pretty sure you ducked to intentionally miss C34's point.

No I completely understood his point. He made the point that we are woefully behind in NIL. I agree with that and wish we had done better initially with it and hire people to run portal system for our department. However, that's not what I was missing. I'm talking about CZA. C34 is the one that is ducking what everyone is saying. Maybe you are "intentionally" ducking it as well. It wouldn't matter if our football program had the complete war chest of the United States defense budget. CZA and co are in over there heads. CZA is not ready to be HC. Is that too hard to admit?

Coach34
11-05-2023, 09:33 PM
Maybe we also have some staff who do a poor job on portal evaluations. OM has some real TE's. We got Goede and Spivey who was enrolled at two schools. OM gets Harris from LA Tech and we get Freddie Robinson fro E Washington who can't even see the field. They get a couple of quality backup QB's who they haven't had to use. We get the vandy backup. We get some DB's who can't even see the field and our secondary is very bad. We may have a quantity problem with off the field staff, but a quality problem in doing this job also looks to be an issue.

Sooooo- you are agreeing with me that the fact that Mississippi employs 10 more people at least in their portal staff than we do is a problem/handicap for our University? Good deal. Appreciate the suport

Homedawg
11-05-2023, 09:35 PM
Well I wasn't gonna mention that and start another round of posts. Lol

Just telling it like it was. But I get it. Ha

Coach34
11-05-2023, 09:37 PM
No I completely understood his point. He made the point that we are woefully behind in NIL. I agree with that and wish we had done better initially with it and hire people to run portal system for our department. However, that's not what I was missing. I'm talking about CZA. C34 is the one that is ducking what everyone is saying. Maybe you are "intentionally" ducking it as well. It wouldn't matter if our football program had the complete war chest of the United States defense budget. CZA and co are in over there heads. CZA is not ready to be HC. Is that too hard to admit?

I dont disagree that Arnett may be having some struggles.

But why are u comparing him to Mississippi on portal recruiting? They have 10 more people than we do evaluating recruits and more money to sign them.

dawgday166
11-05-2023, 09:57 PM
Tell me who?

2021 Charlton, Polk, Calvin, Green
2022 Losoya, Robinson, Matthews, Banks

Robinson and Banks were backup last year and yea, I know you'll say Losoya, Robinson, and Banks suck cause you can just say that. They stupid and no talent of course. Of course if we had a staff like Drinkwitz has ... I kinda think they'd be much better than they are. But ... that's a hypothetical and can't be proven either.

Regardless ... if Leach got NOBOBY out of the portal who contributed .. he won 9 games. Whether he used the suck ass AR or not. He won 9 games. He wasn't always crying and whining about the obstacles he had to overcome. Leach also won 4 SEC games 2 of the 3 years he was here. Mullen did that 4 times. He won 6 once. The other 4 years were below .500 SEC games.

Folks are gonna keep arguing while throwing up all kinds of "facts" without context and all the anti-AR cultists wanna treat 2020 as a normal year. And of course they wanna argue with the AR cultists. I don't fall in either camp.

This board melted down unbelievably when true frosh Will was thrown into the fire at KY at night in 2020 due to injuries at QB. And he also had a very young inexperienced Oline too. Yep ... he threw 6 picks. And the meltdown was off the charts.

Like I said, y'all keep using the same excuses Leach actually had too, but even moreso. But y'all didn't ever consider that then. But now that's an excuse for last night's debacle. Waaa ... we playing with a backup QB. Boo-hoo.

So carry on with your "woe is me and poor lill ole ZA and staff" routine.

Activated Alpha
11-05-2023, 10:03 PM
I dont disagree that Arnett may be having some struggles.

But why are u comparing him to Mississippi on portal recruiting? They have 10 more people than we do evaluating recruits and more money to sign them.

I'm not trying to compare him vs other SEC teams via portal recruiting. Don't think that would be fair to him. His portal recruiting isn't what I am frustrated with.

Coach34
11-05-2023, 10:05 PM
Leach won 8. He wasnt around for the bowl game as the AR Cult has told us over and over

"Robinson and Banks were backup last year and yea, I know you'll say Losoya, Robinson, and Banks suck cause you can just say that. They stupid and no talent of course."

They were back-ups yes. Now as starters? We see what they are now.

Goldendawg
11-05-2023, 10:05 PM
Sooooo- you are agreeing with me that the fact that Mississippi employs 10 more people at least in their portal staff than we do is a problem/handicap for our University? Good deal. Appreciate the suport

Not exactly. The ones we do employ and the current staff did a very poor evaluation job on this year's portal. Name one "player" that has made a positive, game changing contribution.

dawgday166
11-05-2023, 10:07 PM
Leach won 8. He wasnt around for the bowl game as the AR Cult has told us over and over

"Robinson and Banks were backup last year and yea, I know you'll say Losoya, Robinson, and Banks suck cause you can just say that. They stupid and no talent of course."

Yea you right on 8. Mighty big detail there. Glad we got it squared away.

Robinson & Banks ... of course they suck. Stupid too. *****

Rawdawg
11-05-2023, 10:23 PM
There?s a direct correlation between NIL and recruiting be it portal or high school. We currently aren?t recruiting high school very well?

Quaoarsking
11-05-2023, 10:28 PM
Well, Herman or whoever is our next coach should hire a team of 15 portal evaluators. Boom, done.

Dawgology
11-05-2023, 10:49 PM
If we don?t have funds in the budget for staff that is coming from administration NOT from our lack of funds overall. That?s not how State budgeting works. It?s because we had an AD (Cohen) who didn?t like the portal or NIL and worried more about baseball. It?s our new AD?s job to make sure our football program is budgeted that money for those positions.

Todd4State
11-05-2023, 10:52 PM
No that's not correct. He can't just hire someone without approval from the AD and president. But beyond that you have a yearly budget for staff salary. You can negotiate for that each year and we did add some staff. But you are not going to pop up and get more staff just because you ask during the middle of the year.

The impression I get- and maybe this is because of my familiarity with baseball- is that MSU will give a coach something that the program needs but it seems like they rely on the coach to ask for it. Like if Ron Polk wanted something like a hitting tunnel- he would go to the administration and tell people that could help him get it and boom we would have a hitting tunnel. He even literally got a new stadium basically. I'm not sure that he was denied very often on matters like that.

With football we've never really had a coach like that. Dan was the closest- but unfortunately he was so behind in recruiting that while we got a lot of other things facility wise our recruiting never really took off much beyond what it has been since 2009.

It would be nice if someone at MSU in administration went around and looked at Alabama, Georgia, Ole Miss, South Carolina, etc. and said "Hey this is what they're doing. We should spend money doing this- maybe add staff to focus on the portal and specialize in it. Or whatever it is.

When I'm talking about lack of vision that's the kind of stuff I'm talking about.

Todd4State
11-05-2023, 10:54 PM
Bo, I don't listen to. We all know this staff is gone the week after the egg bowl. Just excited to see who.

I won't be excited until I see WHO they hire.

If anyone can screw football up it's MSU.

Todd4State
11-05-2023, 10:55 PM

And apparently with players that sucked- signed Brad Peterson's fan club.

Churchill
11-05-2023, 10:59 PM
NIL does'nt matter if you can't coach em when you get em. Our coaching staff didn't get close to getting the best out of this year's team why would any potential donor think that's magically going to change ? NIL will be stagnant until we get a coach people can believe in.

lastmajordog
11-05-2023, 11:01 PM
Coach, what do the ?DOGS? need to do to be middle of the SEC pack in the NIL? Honest question and suggestions.

Todd4State
11-05-2023, 11:01 PM

Fact of the matter is even if we have 150 million to spend in NIL we still have to have a staff that can evaluate and develop the talent once it gets here.

It's just like the Yankees and why they don't win every year or the Dallas Cowboys. Resources are really nice to have- but it's just one piece of the puzzle.

Based on how this coaching staff has handled the portal and how they are recruiting this year- I'm not buying their excuses.

confucius say
11-05-2023, 11:31 PM
NIL....The Portal

Here is what many of you arent understanding. Mississippi employs about 10 more people than we do in their athletic department that their job is strictly portal evals. They are spending more money hiring people doing portal evals and spending more money offering portal transfers- just like the rest of the SEC. You have to grasp where we are currently vs the rest of the SEC. We are cavemen right now in our football program because we dont have the money for infrastructure like other SEC programs.

Blame the coach all you want. Our program is in 2010 the rest of the SEC is in 2028

Makes what leach did even more impressive.

confucius say
11-05-2023, 11:33 PM

We have several people who all they do is portal per them. Their words, not mine.

lastmajordog
11-05-2023, 11:58 PM
del

defiantdog
11-06-2023, 08:50 AM
Our NIL funds are night and day better than this time last year. We got a late start but understand what needs to be done. Selmon actually understands the importance of this. We have a lot to build on that past admin ignored. But of course, we demand immediate results.

sandjunky
11-06-2023, 09:01 AM

But you pinned the offensive stats from the bowl game on him when that was discussed, right? His offense, right? The game he prepared the players and called the game from the grave because he was dead already ? That game?

Based on this season it just points to and provides more evidence that Sylvester McCarnett probably throttled the offense yet again

Btw I thought the leach offense was boring as hell with the dink and dunk

BrunswickDawg
11-06-2023, 10:28 AM
People in the right places need to start paying attention to our athletic budget reporting and start questioning how we spend. https://knightnewhousedata.org/fbs/sec/mississippi-state-university#!quicktabs-tab-institution_data-1

But ALL of this will be moot in 2025 and running for the next decade. The new TV contracts are estimated to start paying schools upwards of $100 million a year. That is $40m+ more then we get right now.
Football can double it's budget to $60 million (which is still less than Bama pays annually) and we will still have room to increase whatever we want to in any sport.
We just have to have leadership that understands the more we invest in football, the higher the return will be for everything else. And I say this being a baseball guy. Football brings the return.

KB21
11-06-2023, 10:39 AM
NIL....The Portal

We are cavemen in football because we hired a meathead of a head coach and let a bunch of meatheads that are around him influence a lot of the decisions he made this year.

sandjunky
11-06-2023, 10:44 AM
We are cavemen in football because we hired a meathead of a head coach and let a bunch of meatheads that are around him influence a lot of the decisions he made this year.

More of a meatball than meat head