PDA

View Full Version : Coaching still matters folks...

HoopsDawg
11-05-2023, 07:28 PM
Jimbo Fisher is 3 games worse than Kevin Sumlin at the same point in their Texas A&M coaching tenure's. And Jimbo has the largest NIL war chest in college football. I know most of you know this, but worth mentioning for the few that think it's all NIL.

DownwardDawg
11-05-2023, 07:31 PM
This can't be stated enough.

HoopsDawg
11-05-2023, 07:43 PM
I will say this when it comes to NIL, we have to be smarter on how we allocate our funds. Charlie is doing a great job with the BI, but need someone really skilled and intelligent on how we use them. Take Tulu for example. I really like Tulu, very good player. But if you have someone like Creed Whitmore on the roster, maybe you wish Tulu well and spend that money on a good corner, edge rusher or cover safety. This is just one example. But we're kind of like the Oakland A's. We can't spend like the UGA's of the conference so we have to be shrewd and we have to be smart.

CaptainObvious
11-05-2023, 07:45 PM
I will say this when it comes to NIL, we have to be smarter on how we allocate our funds. Charlie is doing a great job with the BI, but need someone really skilled and intelligent on how we use them. Take Tulu for example. I really like Tulu, very good player. But if you have someone like Creed Whitmore on the roster, maybe you wish Tulu well and spend that money on a good corner, edge rusher or cover safety. This is just one example. But we're kind of like the Oakland A's. We can't spend like the UGA's of the conference so we have to be shrewd and we have to be smart.

Don?t worry. You will not have Whittemore in the team next year. Maybe we can pay $100k to keep Goede.

Coach34
11-05-2023, 07:50 PM
Jimbo Fisher is 3 games worse than Kevin Sumlin at the same point in their Texas A&M coaching tenure's. And Jimbo has the largest NIL war chest in college football. I know most of you know this, but worth mentioning for the few that think it's all NIL.

Jimbo hasnt had a Johnny Manziel. Jimbo's QB play has been his achilles

Santiago
11-05-2023, 07:50 PM
Don?t worry. You will not have Whittemore in the team next year. Maybe we can pay $100k to keep Goede.

We don't need those G5 Leach recruits like Creed anyway ***

BuckyIsAB****
11-05-2023, 07:51 PM
It?s an excuse. All it is. Like I said there is not one player that got better from a year ago. and when I posted that the offense has changed 3 times in one year I am
Not lying to you

BuckyIsAB****
11-05-2023, 07:55 PM
Jimbo hasnt had a Johnny Manziel. Jimbo's QB play has been his achilles

Kellen Mond is in the NFL. Just stop. A&M staff walks the dog on this act we have going.

Homedawg
11-05-2023, 07:57 PM

We didn't knoe what creed was gonna be this year. Tulu isn't coming back. So if you are talking next year then that won't matter.

Thick
11-05-2023, 07:58 PM

What?s that got to do with MSU? We have sub par SEC talent and shitty coaching! Stop with the lame dik excuses! We have MSU problems not aTm problems!

HoopsDawg
It?s an excuse. All it is. Like I said there is not one player that got better from a year ago. and when I posted that the offense has changed 3 times in one year I am
Not lying to you

I just don't think Arnett had enough crediblity or the network of contacts to be able to get a good offensive coordinator. He tried to get Briles, we made a big offer. Bottom line, any OC we would have been happy with was more qualified to be the HC than CZA. That makes it near impossible to get the right guy. It just goes back to Keenum-Bracky and the boosters of influence who made the rash decision to hire CZA.

Homedawg

He's a decent to good one. As is davis. But not many of them correct.

Santiago
11-05-2023, 08:00 PM

Todd4State
11-05-2023, 08:01 PM
I just don't think Arnett had enough crediblity or the network of contacts to be able to get a good offensive coordinator. He tried to get Briles, we made a big offer. Bottom line, any OC we would have been happy with was more qualified to be the HC than CZA. That makes it near impossible to get the right guy. It just goes back to Keenum-Bracky and the boosters of influence who made the rash decision to hire CZA.

Or maybe Briles didn't want to have his entire staff picked out for him before he even interviewed.

HoopsDawg
11-05-2023, 08:01 PM
We didn't knoe what creed was gonna be this year. Tulu isn't coming back. So if you are talking next year then that won't matter.

That's the shrewd part I'm talking about. No, we didn't know for sure what Creed was going to be, but that's why you have off the field staff. That's why you hope to have great evaluators on the staff. You just can't over pay for a slot receiver when premium positions are void of talent.

Coach34
11-05-2023, 08:05 PM
How about the fact that SEC programs have portal staffs and we dont? They have people working film and portal guys and thats all they do. We dont. How is that on our coaches?

BuckyIsAB****
11-05-2023, 08:05 PM

Yeah and then hire a guy who has never missed an opportunity to slither and slime his way and gave him all the swing

BuckyIsAB****
11-05-2023, 08:06 PM
How about the fact that SEC programs have portal staffs and we dont? They have people working film and portal guys and thats all they do. We dont. How is that on our coaches?

Well I would direct that question to our chief of staff there chief

Santiago
11-05-2023, 08:15 PM

Glad then , that our freshly appointed HC wasted time chasing Tight Ends instead of other needs. ***

BuckyIsAB****
11-05-2023, 08:26 PM
Glad then , that our freshly appointed HC wasted time chasing Tight Ends instead of other needs. ***

No he made sure he got his boy to come coach our non existent TEs so this offense could function like the well oiled machine it is today

HoopsDawg
11-05-2023, 08:27 PM

Arnett doesn't even know what he doesn't know. A seasoned coach is going to come in from the start and tell the administraton what he needs. Zach was probably just happy/shocked to be named the coach. Again, not his fault. But doesn't mean he gets to keep his job.

EdwardDrayton
11-05-2023, 10:48 PM
It's not what we don't know that gets us in trouble. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

---- Mark Twain

dawgday166
11-05-2023, 11:32 PM

With white legs at that. He obviously slow. ****

lastmajordog
11-06-2023, 12:30 AM
I watched the om/tam game and I saw at LEAST 3 bad passes that would have changed the outcome of the game. TAM may skull drag the ?DOGS? but they should be able to compete. Not taking anything away from Lane?s train but TAM really played crappy football at major moments. Lane is doing an incredible job, but JIMBO could have beaten Lane with just a few normal plays.

lastmajordog
11-06-2023, 12:39 AM
I watched the om/tam game and I saw at LEAST 3 bad passes that would have changed the outcome of the game. TAM may skull drag the ?DOGS? but they should be able to compete. Not taking anything away from Lane?s train but TAM really played crappy football at major moments. Lane is doing an incredible job, but JIMBO could have beaten Lane with just a few normal plays.

KB21
11-06-2023, 07:23 AM

Agree. We have to take a money ball approach with NIL. It also helps to have a scheme that doesn?t require you to out talent the opponent.