PDA

View Full Version : Marlon Humphrey

It_Could_Happen
12-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Any news lately?

HoopsDawg
12-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Any news lately?

Listen man, Marlon ain't signing with Mstate. He is signing with Bama or FSU. Most likely Bama.

Raytoraid83
12-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Listen man, Marlon ain't signing with Mstate. He is signing with Bama or FSU. Most likely Bama.

On his official he told one of our recruiters it's between us and bama and fl st is out of it. Obviously odds are in bama's favor but we have a better shot than most people give us.

Coach34
12-04-2013, 08:49 PM
It's between us and Bama- most likely Bama but at least we are in the top 2

HoopsDawg
12-04-2013, 08:51 PM
On his official he told one of our recruiters it's between us and bama and fl st is out of it. Obviously odds are in bama's favor but we have a better shot than most people give us.

I'm guessing you mean unofficial visit. He and his family like MSU and they appreciated us recruiting his brother. But he's going to Bama.

Raytoraid83
12-04-2013, 09:12 PM
I'm guessing you mean unofficial visit. He and his family like MSU and they appreciated us recruiting his brother. But he's going to Bama.

That would be the safe bet.

archdog
12-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Marlon would be clutch.

engie
12-04-2013, 09:27 PM
Thing is -- Saban won't let him run track. And he just set a record in something..maybe the 100 hurdles? He's Kailo on steroids when it comes to track...

Also, MSU has offers out to FIVE of his highschool teammates in the next couple of classes. Selling them on all staying and playing together in college could be a very, very powerful recruiting tool if used correctly. We're the only viable offer for 3 of the 5 at this point. And, at most, he'd only be able to play with 1 of them at Bama. Not that this is ultimately a deciding factor -- but is one I'd be trying hard to play in our favor...

Coach34
12-04-2013, 09:35 PM
very true Engie- but I still think it's 75- Bama....25-State

Our coaches are working it and Marlon loves Mullen. Not much more we can do. Marlon has come out and announced Mullen as his favorite coach. This comes down to some of the problem I have talked about and others as well- Starkville and its proximity to bigger places limits us in the process

hailmari
12-04-2013, 09:56 PM
It could happen!

engie
12-04-2013, 09:56 PM
I'm not sure that I'd give us a 25% chance -- but I will have absolutely zero complaints about our staff's efforts on this one.

If we recruit every blue chip as hard and as well as we've recruited Marlon -- we will certainly start landing a handful of them. Most kids do not have NEARLY the deck stacked against us that Marlon does...

Schultzy
12-04-2013, 10:12 PM
It's between us and Bama- most likely Bama but at least we are in the top 2

Is it wishful thinking that Humphrey making it between us and bama elevates our cred with other prospects in that state?

I love signing players from over there, my perception is they are just better coached from 7-12 grades in general and we have had good luck over there with players being better than advertised. (Titus Brown, Malcolm Johnson etc)